main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Promise of Heaven -humour, Sue-Parody fic; Obi-Wan -Final Chapter posted on June 18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheMacUnleashed, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

?I?ve met your Master here. Qui-Gon Jinn. He says to tell you that he realizes now that you weren?t as big a failure as he thought you were, and to quit your angsting and do something productive.?

A great lightness overtook Obi-Wan, and it wasn?t because the strobe was giving him a headache. In a few words, his late Padawan had managed to completely absolve him of all of the guilt that he had been carrying. It was a gift far greater than any ?World?s #1 Master? mug that he had ever received from Anakin, and he realized that there was nothing that she could have said that would have made him feel better than he now did.

?Thank you, Padawan? thank you for-?

?I think he's waking up.?

Well that's nice that Qui-Gon has revised his opinion! Free of that burden, our hero may go bravely on - and maybe take a few more showers to show off his manly physique [face_laugh] .

Absolutely wonderful job with this! =D=

2. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    He says to tell you that he realizes now that you weren?t as big a failure as he thought you were, and to quit your angsting and do something productive.

LOL! Now that's a glowing endorsement[face_laugh]

Anakin and Ashoka were hilarious as always:D

Great end to a fun ride=D=

3. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Great ending, TheMacUnleashed! I particularly liked the part where the Jedi were back on Coruscant - all the (intentionally) bad descriptions (e.g. Obi-Wan being ?totally ripped? - though, I completely appreciate the mental imagery :D ) suddenly appeared so mild in comparison to the exaggerated (? ;) ) descriptions of Rhiannon. :D

Silly Obi-Wan! [face_shame_on_you] A ?World?s #1 Master? mug means a lot if it comes from Anakin, whom as we all know, is not particularly good at expressing his thanks or appreciation.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

*sob* Though, I really admire how you've managed, several times in this fic, to turn something tragic into something humorous!

Loved the humour in the part where it was revealed that Rhiannon had left the Temple a small fortune, which went to fund her funeral meal. :p

Just a small note: you put the apostrophe in the wrong place in "his specie?s culture" in the paragraph about Yoda wearing a black shimmersilk cloak (for real?! :eek:) - or perhaps that was intentional too? :)

Out of curiosity, did you write this parody by starting with a draft and then going over it with a thesaurus to make it "worse"? I can't help but imagine that it must have been hard to balance the desire to make it better by improving the humour inside with the need to include some ridiculous descriptions for the sake of the parody. Well done! =D=

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Valairy_Scot: :D I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

GeneralKenobi7: Thanks for commenting on it this long! [:D] I really appreciate it.

Valiowk: Gah, that typo was not intentional, and I will be fixing it right after posting this. Thanks for pointing it out!

When writing this, I actually didn't use a thesaurus too often. My first draft would have most of the parody descriptions in it already. I would add some in when I edited it, but I only used a thesaurus when I needed some variety, i.e., after having said a word in a sentence before, and not wanting to repeat it.

It was hard to balance the parody with the "good writing," but I enjoyed it -sometimes, it's fun to just let use and go over the top!

Thank you for reviewing! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.