main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A proposal for the group.

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Buckaroo, Apr 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2002
    Hello, everyone!

I have been reading the posts here for some time now and I am intrigued by the enthusiasm Star Wars fans all share.

Star Wars is something I've held dear to me since I was a child in the 70s. In fact, I've seen ANH probably 90 times.

In addition to being a fan myself, I'm also interested in filmmaking, particularly documentary.

How would everyone feel if I were to film the group's activities (the meetings, the conventions, opening day of AOTC) over the next couple of months?

I'm sure everyone here has seen Starwoids. I guess the idea of a "documentary on Star Wars fans" conjures up images of that film, but I'd like to do something different. Although that film depicted a diverse range of fans, I'm sure there's plenty of ground to cover as far as fans go. Everyone has their own story to tell.

I would be shooting Digital Video with a small, unobtrusive camera. I have a few other pieces of equipment (lights, mic, etc.) that I may use from time to time.

I'm interested in hearing comments, suggestions, objections, etc.

Thanks for your time!

Jon

2. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Ello Jon,

I would be totally cool with it.. I just hope it's not a waste of time.. However, everyone in the FanForce would probably want to watch it.. I know I would.. And probably more then 10 times..

By the way, welcome to the forums!!!

3. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Hello Jon and welcome!

I have no problem with filming. In fact, I also have a digital camcorder if you need to use another.

4. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Welcome Jon!

I think that's a brilliant idea! Film on! :)

5. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    That's something I've been thinking about for a while myself, so naturally I think it's an ingenius idea. 8-} I'd like to assist in the production, if possible.

6. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Fine with me! :)

7. Bujo

Bujo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    By all means, I'm ready for my close-up.

8. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    If you want I could show it at my film convention this fall(Filmcon)- include it with all the new fan films we premiere.

I think it's a great idea!

Where are you from?

9. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Sounds like a good idea! Bring it on.

10. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Welcome Jon!

I was actually thinking about doing the same thing myself. I'm all for the idea, and I'll help out any way I can (I also have a digital camcorder) I was going to do a mini-documentary about GenCon this year, as well as the line for AOTC (if there is one)

11. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    did some one say FILM?

sounds peachy to me. i'm planning on brining my digital still camera tomorrow so I can get some shots of all of us with chewie.

oh and welcome

-mike

12. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2002
    Okay, let's do it!

So many people have cameras these days, it would be great to incorporate material from many sources. Realistically, there are many directions the project could take. With documentary, sometimes it's best to just start shooting and let the material take it's own course. I imagine this as a project that would be edited later in the year, after the Milwookiee Council is established (officially) and the excitement over AOTC winds down.

I'll be at the con tomorrow, shooting video (along with a friend of mine). I'd like to attend the 2 pm tour and meet everyone.

To answer your earlier question: I'm temporarily stationed in Green Bay, but I lived in Milwaukee for 14 years where I went to film school (UWM).

See you all on Saturday!

Jon

13. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Hey there, Buckaroo, where were you today?

14. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Love the idea! Count me in. If you saw the news on FOX 6 April 13, I'm jedisister. I was hoping to do this also, unfortuneately, the idea didn't hit me till later and I missed yesterday. Bummer. But I will have a camcorder at CB2.

15. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    We missed you Jon at MSOE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.