A proposition for a South Side Chicago Fan Force

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Drac39, Nov 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    All right. I love Chicago Force. But sadly it holds all most all of its meetings on the north side. Dont get me wrong I love the nice people there. I`ve noticed have the people from my fan force are from the south side.I go to the collecting club you might know me if you go too. I propose we make a south side chicago fan force. Sign the petition in my sig,or PM me if you are interested if you are interested
  2. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Drac,

We're always up for doing events on the Southside, the only thing is we haven't really found a ton of things to do down there lately.
    In the past we've had several events on the Southside including tail-gating at the Crosstown Classic at Sox Park, our 3rd Anniversary party at Chesdan's Pizza at Archer & 45th, Our Christmas Part here at my house in Bridgeview.

We generally try to find places that are easy to access via Public Transportation and Highway (both if possible).

I think it'd be easy to have one of our clubs do an event at a Southside comic shop or bookstore. We already rotate the bookclub from the City to the Burbs.

If you have any suggestions for events on the Southside let me know.

Fly Casual,

Dave
  3. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I think the creation of a second FF chapter in Chicago would be a bad idea; for the simple reason that it would be a dividing factor among a fan base within the same metropolitan area.

Without having been to Chicago, I know there is a "backyard rivalry" between North and South sides...this kind of thing happens in any major city. It's what makes high school sports exciting, but it does not help an organization like FF to be dividing cities into different factions.

Here is Cleveland, the rivalry goes in the opposite direction (Eastside vs Westside)...and the best part is: there is even a difference of opinion over the dividing line.

Be more active in developing events in Southside, and for as much as you have to go Northward...sometimes the others have to make the effort to hold events in your area.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.