main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A quandary...

Discussion in 'Archive: Charleston, SC' started by CorellianGirl, Oct 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CorellianGirl

CorellianGirl Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2002
    Well, Thursday night is quickly approaching, and this dear Corellian girl doesn't have a costume! Ever since learning of the ATOC premiere and gettng my ticket, I've been looking and scouring for SW related costumes, but it seems everywhere is sold out, especially in anything that would fit little me.

So I post asking desperately for help and ideas. Friends have suggested that a white, twin-sized sheet could easily be rigged into an easy ANH Leia dress, so I may try that... So, help me, Swamp Foxes, you're my only hope... ;)

Also, I don't think I can make it to the party, though I'd love to meet up with any of y'all at the premiere itself. Is there a plan/meeting place set? And if any CofC members want, I certainly wouldn't mind company on the walk to the theatre. :)

That's enough spiel from me,
    S.

2. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    HI,
    I'm going as a generic jedi. I'd suggest thrift stores for items. I found a really nice poncho like Qui gons, I have some tan pants and some boots, and hey, Tattooine attire or Jedi.
    You really don't have to be a main character, you can dress up as a Outlander club patron or A Tatooine citizen. This gives you more leway.
    We plan on being there by at least 10pm to get things organized. Look for Yoda and a 10 year old girl with a yellow Padme' dress and they can lead you to us!
    Glad your making it to the premiere.
    WE have another COC member who needs a ride to the party. If that is the case with you too, let us know and maybe we can get you there.
    Janet

3. motf-jan

Feb 25, 2001
    Hey just wanted to update you,
    I was at the Walmart in Nchas and they had all their costumes marked down. They had a ton of hooded capes and robes for $5 each and some nice medivial type gowns. Any of these could be converted into a star wars costume. They were mostly red and black so you'd have to work with that, but they were nice. I was tempted to get one myself. The red ones were sort of glittery and of pretty good quality. I would imagine most of the Walmarts in the area will have them marked down.
    ttyl
    Janet

4. CorellianGirl

CorellianGirl Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2002
    Thank you for the advice. I took the 'generic' part and ran with it with what I had...

Unfortunately I couldn't make it to Wal-Mart (the whole N. Charleston is too far to walk deal really gets to me sometimes! ;) and since I only have one bathrobe, the Jedi deal fell through. However, my eye lit upon my Han Solo poster, then upon my screenname here, and well... a pair of borrowed riding boots, black Dockers, and a white blouse later, you'll be looking for a generic Corellian girl tomorrow night. :) Perhaps it's more classic Trilogy than Prequels, but, hey, it's a costume :)

Thanks for the help though. Hopefully I'll find y'all tomorrow. :)

~S.

5. motf-jan

Feb 25, 2001
    Great idea! If you could find some one with a Blue Member's only jacket you could borrow then you could be Hoth Han! <lol> Or if you can just put on a generic vest or better yet, one of those fishing vests with lots of pockets, and you a basic pilot/suggler.

Sounds cool to me!
    See ya tonight.
    Janet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.