main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

a question about posting fanfics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by leias_revenge, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leias_revenge

leias_revenge Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2005
    okay when i try to post a fanfic, it won't let me tab/indent the beginning of new paragraphs. can someone please tell me how i can indent them?

please, and thank you,
    leias_revenge

2. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Well, you really can't (at least as far as I know). Sometimes a browser will incorporate a word processor's indents, but not usually.

Your best bet is to separate all the paragraphs by a 'return' (or 'enter'). That makes it easier to read anyway. :)

~*~Austyn

3. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

You can't. You can bullet the items like a list or you can blockquote but you can't do straight indents.

To get around this, people usually put a space between paragraphs to make it easier on the eye.

For a full list of markups allowable, check here

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    You can't indent anywhere on the boards. The best way to seperate paragraphs to make things easier to read is to put a space between paragraphs like so:

When the Starblazer set down in the hangar of Eclipse base, Misael stayed seated for a minute, unsure of what to say or to confess to his friends. Should he confess to his actions with the Peace Brigade, that he had nearly falling completely to the dark side. What would be their reactions and after they had all tried to help him with his inner conflict.

Deciding to admit the truth, he got up and went searching for Master Skywalker.

He found Luke in his quarters where his family resited in when in the secret base. The Jedi Master was seated on the sofa as if waiting for him.

That's randomly pulled from FORCEBlLADE's fic which I happen to be reading at the moment :p

5. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    I tend to dump a few returns and then some dashes --------

Wait a minute, that might be why nobody looks at my stuff!!! (Only kidding)[face_monkey]

6. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Sorry leias_revenge, there's no whitespace on these forums. The easiest way to indicate a paragraph break is to use a double line-break at the end.

Welcome to the forums, though!

/edit: Whoa... help coming in by the Star Destroyer-full.

7. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    If you really want to indent the paragraph then you could change the font colour to the same as the board background and then have a string of full stops.

[color=E1E1DC].............................[/color]For example this was done by using the value E1E1DC. Either type [ color = E1E1DC ]......[ / color ] (without the spaces) or select a colour from the dropdown box in the format bar and then replace the colour name with the required value.

Beyond the Saga would just be white so could just be selected.

Saga I think would be E7E7E7 so you would have to enter that value rather than being able to just select.

Before would also just be white so could just be selected.

8. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    I just want to add that while _JM_'s method works, it doesn't help what I call the Big Block of Text Problem. In other words, please put an extra line between paragraphs so my eyes don't hurt. :)

- lazy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.