main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A question about programs...

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by Calvinthejedi, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calvinthejedi

Calvinthejedi Jedi Master star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    Does a 3D Program exist that allows you to create 3D models, as well as Blue screening?
    Thanks.

2. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    A 3D program to create 3D models? Wow, not sure about that...

And bluescreening in a 3D program? Color keying is a 2D effect, why would you want it in a 3D program?

3. Calvinthejedi

Calvinthejedi Jedi Master star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    Why not? It would save me a heck of a lot of time to have everything in one package.

4. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    A 3D program to create 3D models? Wow, not sure about that...

Well by definition any 3D app would be capable of creating 3D models. I can't fathom a 3D app that couldn't create any models (except on some very specific cases).

Why not? It would save me a heck of a lot of time to have everything in one package.

Because they are 2 fundamentally different problems. If any sort of program did that it probably wouldn't be too good as they probably be half-assed implementations. And it wouldn't save you too much except perhaps a couple of clicks and a program startup. There are packages that do have some compositing (like XSI or Houdini's Halo) but they are mainly for compositing render passes.

5. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    I guess the easiest way to answer the question while at the same time avoid a noob thing here again is... to just say... no there isn't such an app. No there isn't... probably never will be... and search around the net on exactly what blue-screening is and how it works in the realm of software and I think you'll have a better understanding why the answer is no. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.