main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A question for all Rhode Squadron members and friends......

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by DarthLucanas, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    What has been going on with most of the members of Rhode Squadron?

It seems that most of you have just disappeared?

I haven't seen much posting or some of you since before the summer.

I understand some of you guys are busy with work or school, but take 5 minutes and post every other day or once a week.

I am not trying to be nosey but I don't know what has happened to make this great fanforce have almost no activity.

I for one am not going to watch Rhode Squadron just fade away.

Please let's keep the group going.

The best thing about fanforce is the friends you make along the way and I am just wondering what has happened to them all.

Please post a reply here to my questions.

And don't mistake my questions as me being judgemental of anyone, I just don't know what has happened with everyone that's all.

2. OldjediMasterYoda

OldjediMasterYoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    hey DL !!

I am still around, life has been very hectic lately both personally and professionally but more information, as Yoda would say, will light the way.

I am definitely going to make a more concerted effort to get involved, I still havent even gotten to the MOS exhibit yet, I have to get it in gear or I may miss out on it !!

Otherwise all is well, thankfully I have no real gripes and have not much to complain about.

I hope all is well with everyone, and i wish the best to anyone dealing with any difficulties and hope things resolve themselves soon and looking forward to hopefully seeing everyone soon !!

The somerville gathering was a bit far for me from where I live but hope to catch one of the meets very soon !!

[face_good_luck]

3. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Well OldjediMasterYoda ther is a joint meet on Sunday March 26th at the MOS for the Star Wars exhibit. You are more than welcome to attend.

I will send you a PM later once I settle in my neighbor gave birth to a little girl on Saturday and she just came home tonight. :)

4. Darth-Ruka

Darth-Ruka Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2003
    Hey I live in RI and am interested in joining the group. I'm 35 married and have been a star wars fanatic since 1976! I collect and love talking all things star wars. Any info regarding the group, meetings,etc.. etc.. would be appreciated.

Thanks

5. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Darth-Ruka we are having a joint meet on Sunday March 26th at the Boston Museum of Science for the STAR WARS Exhibit.

Providence,Boston,Foxboro, and possibly Maine fan forces will be in attendance.

I hope you can go it will be alot of fun.

6. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Hey all, I'm a follower whom lives in Connecticut. Is there anything cool SW related in my state or should I jump borders to you Rhode Island folks whom seem pretty cool and actually do something! LOL.

7. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    firesaber

If you live pretty close to Rhode Island, then the decision's a no-brainer, and I'm sure we'd welcome you (I'm actually a member of the Boston chapter, BTW, but know many of the Rhode Island people b/c of stuff like dual meets). :D

8. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    CT used to have a chapter, but I think that got removed sometime around Xmas. Not sure if it was due to lack of activity on their boards or they decided to have it shut down.

I will agree with Wild that if you are close to RI then you should join up with them. There are a couple different groups in MA Foxboro,which I am a member of, and Boston. Foxboro pretty much serves everything west of Boston. I live in Shrewsbury which is right outside of Worcester. So depending on what part of CT you live you have a couple of choices.

9. firesaber

Mar 5, 2006
    I live about 15 minutes from the border on I-95. Excellent. So what do I have to join??

10. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    firesaber

If you can make the multi-FanForce meet in Boston on March 26 for the Museum of Science exhibit, that would be a good place to begin. FanForce is about meeting and interacting with your fellow Star Wars fans, so you're generally considered a full member of a chapter if you've been to one of their meets.

To the rest of Rhode Squadron, I wonder what's happened to DarthMoby. I hope he's alright. I think I'll give him a PM to check up on him.

11. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Hi firesaber :)

CT had a forum but became inactive due to nobody used the forum enough to maintain it.

You are more than welcome to join in on meets.

I go to and through CT quite frequently and head down to Mohegan Sun for shows and games.

I hope you can make the meet on Sunday March 26th at the Boston Museum of Science for the Star Wars exhibit. It is due to end in April.

If you have any other questions or anything you would like to discuss on the boards please feel free to do so.

Chris

12. firesaber

Mar 5, 2006
    Sounds good to me. I'll have to seriously look into my work schedule for the meet at the end of the month. Worst case scenario, I'll do my best to make the next one. If anyone is interested the 501st will be making an appearance at Sarge's Comics in New London for free comic book day, which I think is May 26th this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.