main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A question from a newb....

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Cannon_Fodder, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2006
    Introductions are always tricky, since they have this habit of leaving impressions. Said impressions can be for good or for ill, but they exist, nonetheless. This curious facet of social interaction has become one of the more interesting (and, according to many quite daunting) challenges when entering into a community. Especially when the community has a long history and is filled with a variety of individuals who have brought with them any number of helpful contributions, which in turn has the effect of causing a community to become somewhat closely knit, accompanied by a sense of familiarity. Of course, such phenomena also results in a sense of intimidation for those uninitiated who wish to partake in the communal experience, yet feel their relative "newness" to be something of an overwhelming hindrance. Many, it would not be remiss to surmise, find this hindrance so great that it feels better to simply remain in their current status as outsider. The fear of failure or humiliation is perhaps too great. Yet, there are also those who remain on the proverbial outside not out of fear, but for a number of other reasons, most likely as varied as the kinds of snowflakes permeating the globe. Lastly, there are those who decide to throw caution to the wind and enter the fray. It is with this in mind that I pose the following question:

This is the Jedi Council Forum at Force.Net, right? Where everyone talks about Star Wars? If not, I have probably just seriously embarrassed myself. Heck, I probably have anyway, judging from the inaneness above.

2. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    A interesting introduction, I have to say.[face_thinking]
    But to answer your question, we are not only talking about Star Wars, but we talk about Star Wars a lot :)
    You haven't embarass yourself, don't worry. I hope you will enjoy your time here. :)

3. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    Wow. You should be writing a book! :D You haven't embarssed yourself, just proved that you sound insanely smart is all! In any case, we do talk about Star Wars quite a bit, but that's not all we do, nope, there's so much more as well. I hope you get to feeling at home soon, as opposed to intimadated. We're not that bad, at least I don't thnk so. I love your user-name by the way!

4. Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2006
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I thought I might try something a little "different" as a way of introducing myself. Hopefully it works as well as I wanted.

5. Cinnamon_Windu

Cinnamon_Windu Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 10, 2005
    Welcome, Cannon_Fodder! :) I was intimidated when I came here, then I saw something familiar and decided to throw caution to the wind. I'm glad I did. I hope that in time you will feel as I do.

6. DarkSavior

DarkSavior Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2006
    You're post is very interesting. I believe it is actually an article that is from a book. I believe it is ....the boston herald on socity? I can't remember where I read that but it is definately familiar to me.

None the less, it was a very good introduction and welcome to the insanity that is known as TFN :)

7. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Although I'm repeating my predecessors... your introduction is really interesting. ;)

As Cem above said, here are various places to talk about SW and non-SW stuff. Just go through the different boards and you will find places where it is spoken only about SW, places where you can speak about everything but SW and places where you can speak about SW and non-SW stuff (e.g. your local FanForce). Just take some time and take a look around. It is worth. :)

I hope you like your stay and that we meet again at one board or another. :)

See you around. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.