main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A question of procedure...

Discussion in 'Communications' started by jedi_master_ousley, Aug 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Ok, as I'm sure a lot of us remember, there was the controversy when Sape locked/deleted a thread about 3SA. Then there was the 2nd thread, which he claimed he deleted the other one because there was nothing that could be looked back on for reference. It was deleted within about an hour of being locked.

But yet here on the first page, we have two threads from "TheDiva" where he wants a title, one where the same person is asking about campaigning for mods. Plus there's a thread by "Bid4Tuna" asking for a forum dedicated to Yoda.

Now, why on earth are these threads considered so much important than the one about 3SA, especially since they don't have any posts. It's been a couple days since they were locked, and haven't been deleted, but yet the one about 3SA was deleted almost immediately.

So, what's the difference here? Am I missing something?

KK EDIT: I apologize I did not take care of them earlier. See my final post in this thread.

2. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    TheDiva ordeal was caused because some people took advantange of Him in the JCC and told him to do that. I feel sorry for him.

But to answer your question, I dont have a clue.

3. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    It doesn't matter WHY Diva posted them, it's the fact that they were not deleted by the same standards that another thread was, one which, IMO, should not have been deleted.

4. AssassinDroid21

AssassinDroid21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Diva was also a sock, as stated by Kimball Kinnison in that JCC thread.

From that JCC thread:

And just for the record, TheDiva was not a newbie.

I would suppose that means (s)he was a sock, but I could be wrong.

5. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Which adds more to the question of why the heck those threads were not deleted when another one was that had a lot more discussion.

6. G_Lucas_8_my_hamster

G_Lucas_8_my_hamster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    The point that ousley is saying is

• important thread made- locked and deleted
    • useless thread made- locked but NOT deleted

and i agree that's not really consistant.

7. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    In reference to the threads by TheDiva, I simply stepped in at a time that none of the admins were available. Originally, I only locked the first thread to kill the spam. I did not even plan to ban him until after he posted the second thread.

At that time, I did not determine the length of the ban, and left the threads as evidence for whomever would make that decision.

And, for the record, TheDiva was most likely not a sock, but was not a newbie. His registration date is back in March. He had trolled and spammed before and knew what he was doing was not acceptable.

Kimball Kinnison

EDIT: I will take care of those threads now, and then lock this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.