main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A question on Force FX sabers

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by AbKi, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbKi

AbKi Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2006
    Has anyone ever used one with a costume and carried one around a convention before? Is it a pain to carry? Is it a bad idea? I already have one, but kinda paranoid it'll get broken. It looks like it can stand a beating but I'm going to have to go on the London Underground with it and anyone that has been on it knows it'll be quite a test for a saber.

Just that I'm going to the Europe celebration, it's the first one for me so I'm looking for advice if anyone has ever done it before.

Thanks in advance! =D

2. darthdefyitall

darthdefyitall Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    People carry them all the time. At Conventions, at events. They only break if you fight someone and wail on the blade.

3. MasterYogurt

MasterYogurt Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2005
    Force FX's are more durable than people give them credit. I used mine in duels all the time. You should be fine taking on the Underground. :)

4. LAN-ED-TUL

LAN-ED-TUL Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    if you get tims conversion kits for the MR's and make them into luxeon, the blades can be removed to hang on the belt, and simply popped back in, and fully hard duel with all the MR sounds and the effects. the only effect you lose is the ramp up and down on the blade. but the MR after the convert does a leaner veersion of that. just not as good.

5. Black_Death_DV

Black_Death_DV Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2007
    It'll be fine. It's more than durable enough to take a few bumps here and there.

6. AbKi

AbKi Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2006
    Nice, thanks for the responses, just wondered if they looked deceptively sturdy. =] Now I can't wait even more until the convention!

7. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    The one thing I worry about if you don't do a Luxeon conversion is that if you do moderate to heavy dueling you will break the LEDs in the blade. Folks in my FF went full-bore with theirs when they first got them (around the ROTS premier). By the end of that night several people had dead spots in their blades.

However, if you have either the AOTC Anakin FX or the 2003 version of the Luke ROTJ saber you don't really have to worry about that since both were made with EL film. With the newer LED versions you gained the power up/power down, but lost durability with dueling IMHO. I rarely take my out of the box and usually just use my EL sabers that I have made because they are more personal and I know they will hold up.

But to answer your very first question the MR FX hold up very well. As long as you are willing to carry it around all day (which I'm not) you should be fine.

8. Kit_Nihilus

Kit_Nihilus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2007
    The only thing that will break your force fx is dueling.

I drop mine all the time and they are bulit to last..
    But if you want to hand one from your beat I would say do a www.ultrasabers.com conversion.

To learn more about Force Fx lightsabers read my Force Fx troubleshooting FAQS
    http://forcefx.proboards43.com/index.cgi?board=mr&action=display&thread=1172893003

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.