main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A question that will help me with my story, should you answer.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Raysa_Skywalker, Oct 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raysa_Skywalker

Raysa_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2001
    What do you think Luke would do if Owen and Beru suddenly returned post ROTJ? What would they think of him? Please post your ideas here. I'd love to see what you think!

2. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Well, I guess it depends on when they come back in Luke's growth. But I would think that they would be like most parents and try to treat him like they always did. You are always a child in some ways to your parents.
    And they will always worry about you, no matter what you age is. I think Luke would be emotional at first to have them back but later, he might feel the need to have their respect as an adult, especially from Owen. That might be more difficult to accomplish.
    Especially if Owen worries that Luke has any of his fathers qualities.

3. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Wow. that would be cool. they would be so proud of him...

4. Raysa_Skywalker

Jun 14, 2001
  5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I think Owen would be a bit resentful, knowing that Luke now respect his father in some ways. Beru would be the normal supporting personality she is. Most likely it may cause trouble between the pair, even leading to them splitting up, as they both feel differently about Luke. I would imagine Owen's argument would be that he raised the boy wrong and Beru encourage him too much. Beru would probably retort and tell him that you can't control who someone is going to be, and by trying to inhibit Luke's knowledge of his heritage it caused too much damage.

If I was Luke the first thing I would want to know was how they survived the storm troopers. Then he would want to know where they had been all these years. He would then ask Owen why he never told him about Vader, and he would plague Beru with questions:
    Did you ever know my mother?
    Who was she?
    Do I have any other family?
    Tell me more about father.
    Did you know I had a sister?
    Have you always known who Obi-wan was?
    etc...

I hope that helps!

6. Raysa_Skywalker

Jun 14, 2001
    It helps enormously! Thank you!

7. Raysa_Skywalker

Jun 14, 2001
  8. Yuuzhan_Commando

Yuuzhan_Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2001
    you don't have to bump it. it'll rise back up. any ways, I think, even though you've already decided, that this should come after the Return of thrawn dualogy, that way, Mara and Luke would be married already and her and Beru could talk. Kinda like meeting the Duaghter-in-law... Owen would be mad becuase of the jedi part in luke and mara

9. Raysa_Skywalker

Jun 14, 2001
    There is a problem with that, though, Commando. Owen won't be that mad about the Jedi thing-cuz part of the AU is that Owen is a Jedi. His problem, I think, will be handling Luke's growth and what he went through. I also believe, though, that he will have major Mara-problems. For example, he won't trust her because she is the former-Emperor's hand.

10. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    And he's so stubborn that he wouldn't accept Mara unless she does something super meaningful to him.

This sounds cool, tell us when you start posting the fic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.