main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania A question. What do girls find attractive in a guy exactly?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Dave_Smogcrawler, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave_Smogcrawler

Dave_Smogcrawler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    I mean I must be doing something wrong here.

2. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Me too :)

Then again most of us Fanforcers must be :p

3. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    it depends on the guy and depends on the girl. you're never going to get one blanket-statement that covers what every girl finds attractive. we're individuals, you know... ;)

4. Dave_Smogcrawler

Apr 12, 2002
    Yes...but what do you like? *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

5. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    If you say to a girl "my two favorite hobbie's are commitment and changing myself" then she'll know you've seen way to much futurama, esp as the ep hasn't been shown in australia yet :p

6. opium

opium Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 1999
    Humour, I like funny/fun guys :) I also like lots of attention, that's just me though.

7. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    That is a pretty tough question though. I can't even think of what I find attractive. I guess it varies too much. Personality would be high up there. Along with humour - gotta be able to make me laugh... But hey, I don't need to think about this question. I find Darth_Soup to be perfect... :p

8. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    My advice is dont bother looking.

Girlfriends cost too much money and time and they will eventually dump you for a better looking guy!!!!

(Thats not coming from my own experience by the way, I just happen to be very cynical about dating and romance)

9. legacyAccount

May 22, 2012
    for me, it's all about personality. and i can't say it's this, this, this, and this... it's just a personality that i find attractive.

the guy that i'm currently dating i knew, but i got to know him better over IM, because he was really shy IRL, but opened up more on the computer. he's just a sweetie... but i can't say it's this, this, and this that i like about him!

10. -Oola-

-Oola- Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    I have to agree with marvin, there, U don't need girlfriends... trust me. LOL.

NOT that i have ever had 1, (or want 2.... ;) )

Anywayz..... In a guy, personality is all that matters. LOL. Personally, I need a fun, "different" guy, who can tolerate my sarcasm, and "weirdness". LOL.

Any takers? ;)

11. Dave_Smogcrawler

Apr 12, 2002
    *Hands up* Yeah me Yeah me take me take me

12. JediMasterKieca

JediMasterKieca Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Personality, humour, tenderness and (this is a biggie) maturity, especially at my age.
    Teenage guys as a rule just don't seem to get the maturity thing.

13. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Confidence

14. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    That whole "girls love a funny guy" is a crock, IMO. Girls fall for the hero, not the sidekick. Jokes get old fast. It's the way of the world.

In reality, it's a combination of looks and personality. For girls, the emphasis tends to be on personality, though. So if you're at least semi-attractive and have a great/interesting personality then you've probably got a good chance.

One tip: Don't flirt straight away. Slowly (VERY slowly.... i'm talking weeks here) work into the conversation

But that's just my (limited) experience.

15. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

"BALTIMORE - The kind of man's face a woman finds attractive varies with her menstrual cycle, according to a study published in today's issue of the journal Nature.

When a woman is ovulating, or ready to conceive, she is likely to prefer men with more masculine features. When she is menstruating, or least likely to get pregnant, she is apt to prefer softer, more feminine looks, according to the study by Scottish and Japanese researchers."

So there you go, guys!

Hope that helps.

LOL

:p

16. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Dave, don't try to quantify what is basically unmeasurable..Women think with a strange logic, of which they seemto have a complete lack thereof ;)

Personally I think women look either at the size of the biceps or the size of your wallet ;)

And the personality thing doesn't gel with me :)...heck I'm an empirical example that that is a absolute null hypothesis! ie I have the GREATEST personality and I'm a sad lonley bastard, oh I'm humble tooo :) <eats humble pie :D>

17. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Don't blame me! It's the femmes what are doing it!

:p

And EVERYTHING can be reduced to quantifiable figures.

More or less.

:)

18. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Great question!

I have been single for about 2 years now, and I am looking for miss right... I suppose what goes against me is that I am too picky... (not just looks, but personality, shared beliefs and interests, etc...)

However, to reiterate - good question, I would love to know the answer!

19. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Good sense of humour, someone who knows the same quotes from the same films, a man who knows when to let you live and have space, a man who wants to share the journey and not be the whole thing.

20. Sai-Mera_Saa

Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    That all?

21. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    There's more......

someone who always remembers to close the window in your computer room, attractive is a guy who isn't afraid to hug you in the street, someone who makes you laugh every day, someone who knows how you feel without asking, really soft hands.

22. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    ^ Well, I hope you find him some day.

I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic, when I say this: The more you talk about things you look for in a guy, the lower the probablitity you have of actually finding someone who fits that criteria.

23. Sai-Mera_Saa

Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    ...and who can vacuum, wash up, sweep, make beds and massage upon demand?

24. legacyAccount

May 22, 2012
    that's always a plus :D

did you mention iron?

25. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    I already found him, and my point is when you fal in love with someone for a few reasons, there is so much more about them that gets added to what you find attractive in a man.
    If there is one word, I would say it starts with a "connection" and moves from there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.