Oceania A question. What do girls find attractive in a guy exactly?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Dave_Smogcrawler, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slaveone_2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  2. Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Master

star 4
    ...they must know how to connect (or reconnect) broken pipes, wobbly chair legs, saucepan handles, car tires, phone cables, hair dryer cords etc ad infinitum.
  3. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Still looking for a Mrs. Gatherer!! :)
  4. Syrix_Kahl Jedi Master

star 4
    My question is: how do you get a girl to realise that you're not interested in her? I mean, there's this girl at uni and it's pretty obvious that she likes me, but I don't like her. She's nice, but she doesn't seem to be getting the idea that I'm not interested in her.
  5. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I wish I had that problem lately! :)
  6. Dave_Smogcrawler Jedi Master

star 4
    Heh cool...I do that anyway with the vaccuum thing and the washing dishes and stuff like that but can't fix things for ****. I have a sense of humour however it is of an acquired taste I guess. I am attractive in a Mr Hippo sort of way. And yeah I would not mind a hug in the street either but its usually my ummmm... well sense of insecurity that gets in the way...I don't like to show my soft side much because it tends to you know wobble like jello...hehehe anyway I can't really understand girls. I am hot after Oola atm which is true. Gets frustrating sometimes when I get worry over something she thinks and look at me as if I am a complete ass or something...I am as angry as hell...anyway thats my thought for the day.
  7. Dave_Smogcrawler Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh yeah and I am also an extremely romantic guy I love writing poems or possibly songs for the one I love...and something like that of nature...I'll treat my girl like a queen, I would rather not my girl to be a queen preferentially not of the drag queen type...spoil her and all that
  8. Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Master

star 4
    Poetry is like jokes. It goes down very well or like the Titanic with lead.
  9. slaveone_2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Smogcrawler, quit the swearing please.
  10. Dave_Smogcrawler Jedi Master

star 4
    swearing?...oh sorry next time I will say boo boo instead or maybe sugar or crikey or maybe even oopsie daisie
  11. opium Jedi Master

star 4
    I didn't get that what you just said, with lead?

Looks aren't very important to me, though there are some tings I find a turn off, like long hair.
    Machoness is unimpressive and honesty is important, but most attractive thing of all is if I feel I can trust someone, and that they trust me...obviously for further along down the line, not someone I just met.

Not afraid to be different, but not going out of his way to be so.

I have exactly what I want in a boy curled up over on the bed right now.
  12. Dave_Smogcrawler Jedi Master

star 4
    Whats wrong with poetry...I think its romantic heck by crikey I think its so bludgeon cool that a guy will find a time to write something heartfelt as finely hugging good as those to a girl
  13. Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Master

star 4
    Lead go down. Fast.
    So does my poetry.
    So did the atmosphere the last time I hugged a girl unsolicited.
    See any similarities?
  14. Dave_Smogcrawler Jedi Master

star 4
    no...and I am proud of it...my is better than that don't take into account the poem I post up here.

Here is an example of my best romantic poem:

Thoughts of Thou

In the mists of darkness thou bringeth a smile to me

In the darkest of hour I wisheth to be with thee

When it is that when thou art seems to be in danger I feel so much on myself anger for is it that when thou art in fear I myself can not be thou art carer

Why doth it that I feel I should be there for thou art need and that whenever it is that caution should be said I feel that I should be there to whisper to thou ?take heed?

In my mind it is filled with thy thought and the battle for you to be mine is what must be fought

I feel my heart ache for thou as the world keepeth us apart, why doth it that it is that way for to me our soul are like a cusp

Why is I feeleth the need to be with thou wherever thou art anywhere more than that is that I ever feeleth for anyone else I have ever met from all over here to there

Why is it that I feeleth so much for one such thou art be when even I am not sure if thou and I are meant to be a ?we?

This is a problem indeed for there is so much Love for thou which I wish for thou art from me to see

To Thou from Me

Metha (c)
  15. Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Master

star 4
  16. opium Jedi Master

star 4
    ohhh, d'uh me, titanic sink, sink faster with lead..okay, i'm slow when i'm tired...yea, when i'm tired..

That's lovely, personally i'm not so into traditional romance, i do like flowers, bright ones, but poetry just isn't my scene either.

Furry handcuffs and a new pair of shoes however...

17. Dave_Smogcrawler Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess I am just old fashion in that sense. But in other areas I am basically modern I guess...I don't really know...poetry is the only thing that comes naturally to me...I am good with words when I use my brain to back it up I guess...
  18. stinrab Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I mean, there's this girl at uni and it's pretty obvious that she likes me, but I don't like her. She's nice, but she doesn't seem to be getting the idea that I'm not interested in her.

Lemme guess; she's one of the five girls in your computer lecture? :p

The Law faculty has such a higher quality, if I do say so myself ;)
  19. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've heard good things about the Art department in Wollongong.
  20. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    In my own quite limited personal experience, being able to have a good conversation is a huge bonus when trying to attract girls. Looks counts, nobody can deny looks don't mean ANYTHING, but not all women will date the calvin klein model over the charming honest guy. Of course, striking up conversation in the first place is the most difficult, but once your foot's in the door you've got a much better chance. :)
  21. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    A really nice smile across a room and honest eyes always used to get to me :)
  22. kahli Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    A guy who not afraid of chicks. One that is comfortable being himself rather trying to be everything they think a chick would want. I think the problem arises when you want someone who doesn't want you. Nothing is going to change that.

And anyway, most chicks are impossible to please. I know whereof I speak.

Remember: all men are jerks, and all women are psychotic.

The rest are just boys and girls :p
  23. stinrab Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I've heard good things about the Art department in Wollongong.

Yeah, they ain't too bad either. It's good that I have double degree in Law and Arts; I'm like a kid in a candy store ;)
  24. jediguy Force Ghost

star 5
    "I'm like a kid in a candy store"

What? You'd like to have just one but your mum won't let you?

;)
  25. Pigalek Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think thats the general idea
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.