main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A quick question regarding where to ask about a former web article

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Ewok Poet, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    If I'm looking for an article that used to be on starwars.com long, long ago and was not archived automatically by archive.org, which subforum is the right place to ask such a question?

Thanks in advance. :)

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    It depends. What kind of article, exactly?

3. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm editing a page on Wookiepedia and there's an article provided among references, that I never read; so I was wondering if somebody had saved it back in the day, or if they at least know what it is.

Thanks for such a quick response!

4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Which Wookieepedia article and which reference? If you need it for the purpose of editing Wookieepedia, you could also ask about it in Wookieepedia's Senate Hall forum. Some Wookieepedians have saved copies of old articles that pertain to their areas of interest, and there's a chance one of them might be able to send it to you.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I would think if the article is book or comic-related then Literature would be the best place to ask.

6. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

I don't like the lack of communication on Wookipedia, overall, and whenever I ask a question, I feel like an elephant in a glass shop. Literally. People are reserved, to the point of ridiculousness.

The thing is - I don't know what it's about. This is what its URL used to be:
    http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/member/photoreceptor/2004/11/photoreceptor20041101.html

And the title is, apparently, "Payback for Artoo".

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think I've found the image for you. Looks like it was part of a Hyperspace collection of rarely-seen images. It's pretty small and the site is in Spanish so you might need Google Translate. Scroll down til you see 'Nombre: Payback for Artoo'.

SithNET .

Here's a Wiki article on the Photoreceptor series with a list.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I started learning Spanish in April, so I understand it to a certain extent. :) Thank you so much!

And now I don't see why the whoever-authored-the-article put that as a reference, as it's not something that makes sense to reference. But that's another story.

My case is resolved, and I'm sorry that the discussion went on in this subforum, but ohwell.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    No problems! I'm gonna lock this since you have an answer..

Ewok Poet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.