main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A "Re-Imagined Star Wars" for the LAS?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by -Stranger-, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Stranger-

-Stranger- Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2009
    __________If I start this topic with an example,I think the Tv Show "Robin of Sherwood" from the early eighties's gonna be a good beginning.In the series,Michael Pread starred at the screen as Robin of Loxley (aka Robin Hood).After the end of the 2nd season,when the character portrayed by Michael Pread died,a new Robin (Robert of Huntingdon) emerged and claimed the name of Robin Hood (he was portrayed by the actor Jason Connery;Sean Connery's son).It was a successful tv show,and in my opinion,the main reason of its success came from giving the character Robin Hood a different and a new sight.And it wasn't just the character of Robin Hood which changed,but also the athmosphere of the story,the characters,the places...In fact,I may prefer to call it a "Re-Imagined Robin Hood",and the idea of creating a new R.H. universe that no one's ever seen appeared terrific.Until the beginning of the show,the audience had used to see Robin Hood in the sixties-style...A R.H. who always smiles,happy/positive-looking townsfolk and a consructive/shining sight for the places of the story.When the tv show hit the screen,it didn't just surprise the audience,but created a new,gothic and misty athmosphere from zero as well as the "Crossbow" tv show which was made at the same period of time.It was about the story of William Tell,and like Robin of Sherwood,it gave a very different spectacle for William Tell and the medievel athmosphere where the story took place.There were some scenes and dialogues in both tv shows which made them appear in a mysterious way and I do believe same mold of these scenes/dialogues might appear so cool for the SW tv show if it would be consructed on a dark background.(By the way,some of the actors that took part in Robin of Sherwood series also acted in the original/prequel SW trilogy.The actor that played Boba Fett (Jeremy Bulloch) in the classic movies acted as "Edward of Wickham" in the tv show.And in the show,John Abineri;who played the god-like character "Herne",appeared in a short role in E1.) As far as I remember;in one of the episodes of the show,a barber comes to shave Sheriff.At the haircut scene,the barber accidentally hurts him and he threats the barber by bidding "it is your Sheriff whom you shave,not a rabbit",and tells him that he'd be punishing him by cutting his fingers if he made that mistake again.Those assortment of dialogues were increasing the thrilling dose of the series.And some mysterious characters (like Herne) make the episodes appear in a darker way.In fact,the show has some common parts with the old SW trilogy.There are band of rebels hiding in a secret place in both SW and RoS.In RoS,a mysterious character named "Herne/Lord of the Trees" appears to Robin from time to time to give him advices as well as Ben Kenobi who shows himself to Luke.Before Ben is killed by Vader,he helps Luke in a normal-person form,but after his death,he appears as a spiritual image and continues to be his mentor.In RoS,Herne also appears to Robin sometimes in human form,sometimes as a supernaturel image.At E4,Ben gives Luke a light saber,and tells him that it was an elegant weapon used by Jedi Knights for generations.In the show,Herne gives a sacred sword named "Albion" to Robin in his struggle against the Nottingham Sheriff.Considering the Live-Action Series take place in the "dark times" (as mentioned by Ben Kenobi in E4),those things'd be useful for the show.I mean there'll be a rebellion,some rebels who hide in a secret place (as well as RoS) and a tyrant ruler who oppresses the galaxy.If there'd be remaining Jedi (there "must" be),it'd be so cool to see them takin' advices from the spiritual form of the Jedi Masters,not from the Jedi who lived in the same era,but also the Jedi who'd lived centuries ago in the galaxy before them.If the story is 'bout the "dark times",there should be some rulers/barons/counts/landlords instead of the top commanders who seizes the citizens of their territories for private gain like the nobels of RoS.There's just "one" territory in RoS,but in SW,there's not just one territory,cons

2. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    .. Did you even notice how much you typed there? Who would read all that?

3. draemsu

draemsu Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2009
    That's no post...

4. Timewatch

Timewatch Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2008
    That's an essay.

Divide up your paragraphs to make it more readable, oh original poster.

5. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    That gave me a headache just glimpsing at it.

Pass.

6. darth-amedda

darth-amedda Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2003
    could you post brief recapitulation with your main point?

7. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    It's a space station!

8. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    My eyes, my eyes, their melting, their melting.

9. Cyclone

Cyclone Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 1999
    Suddenly all those "rules" that my English teach taught me make perfect sense.

10. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005

^^^Now that's a post!

11. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
  12. QueenMother_LK

QueenMother_LK Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2009
    this would actually be a good topic to read about if my eyes weren't bleeding...

13. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    [image=http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p357/Bloo-Toof/WALL_OF_TEXT.jpg]

Eep! [face_hypnotized]

14. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    dude srsly

lay off the crackpipe

15. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
  16. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Didn't read...

17. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    [face_skull] Don't be too proud of this grammatical terror you've constructed. The power to make a wall of text is insignificant next to the power of paragraphs.

18. Jedi_Poke

Jedi_Poke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2001
    We need a moderator here to shut this ridiculous thread down...

19. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Tried again -but still couldn't read!

*moonwalks out of thread*

20. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
  21. QueenMother_LK

QueenMother_LK Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2009
    [face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

22. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Neither was Batman. Check the scene again... [face_whistling]

23. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I find your lack of proper paragraph structure disturbing.

24. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    A need to resurect this thread, there was not.:mad:

25. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    This is a knife

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.