main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA A real Star Wars universe????? Possible???

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Jun 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count_Drew-ku

Count_Drew-ku Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    I just completed that the other night, the entire battle of Endor in the Falcon, getting into the reactor wasn't bad, it was outrunning the chain reaction that I had trouble with...

Anyway, when I had my shoulder econstruction last year, the doc suggested I play flight sims to gently start shoulder movement again after I came out of the sling, Guess I just kept on going with my physio :)

2. Auscon

Auscon Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    the human race wont even be around long enough for technology and our way of life to progress to something anywhere near that in star wars....

we'll end up killing ourselves long before...either through war or soon enough an unstoppable virus will be born, being exposed to antibiotics for long enough, one deadly virus is bound to evolve into something immune to any antibiotics that can be created by man......

the future's lookin good!

3. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    The thing about starwars is that it was never intended to show what we might become like. It's not futuristic even if some of the technology is advanced. It's more fantasy than sci-fi. I don't think we're any more likely to end up like the starwars universe than Tolkien's universe.
    As much as I hate to say it, Startrek is a closer possibility (and not very close at that) since that's actually meant to portray our future.

4. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Yeah I also think Startrek is a closer possibilty but we can always dream ;)

5. Count_Drew-ku

Count_Drew-ku Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    Nope, I refuse to believe that even in 300 years time there won't be a cure for baldness.

6. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    *Cheers*

7. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Not exactly Star Wars related but Star Trek related. I watched the news tonight and they said that an Australian group of scientists have successfully transported a laser beam a distance of 1 metre. I don't think Transporters are too far away.

Anyone else see this and what do people think about this?

8. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    As sson as I saw this thread appear at the top of the page I knew it had to be about that. :)

Yeah I watch it, very interesting. I'm sure someone will pull it off one day. I just hope I'm around to see it.

9. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Yeah so do I.. I didnt see what u guys were on about tho? who/what/where/when?

10. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    It was on Seven News and Nine News and also on FOXTEL. I'm sure there is something on the internet about it SJ.

11. Pris

Pris Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Eh, it was transportation of a laser over a small distance. A far cry from solid materials, but nonetheless an important breakthrough.
    Of course all that news came as if it were unimportant trivia, after the big news about idiot footballers' meandering lives.

12. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    HERE HERE!
    or is it HEAR HEAR!(?)

Bah.. I agree! (I know how to do that one ;) )

<EDIT: about the footballer bit that is, dont u hate it when they do that?>

13. tim500

tim500 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    There is one its called Star Wars Galaxies only on PC, Xbox and PS2.

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.