main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Reconstructed Saga

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    [face_peace]

Hi, there. Though I'm no Lando Calrissian, I'm willing to bet that this has been proposed before, but I feel compelled to ask just the same: are there any writers out there interested, willing, or wanting to form a collaborative effort for a reconstructed Star Wars saga?

I was part of such a project (with approximately a dozen others) @ StarDestroyer.net's forums, but it sort of fizzled out. In any case, it's been something I've been interested in doing for a long time, but the size and scope are well beyond an individual such as myself. I'm more of a sourcebook/guide/outline/encyclopedia-sort of writer than anything, anymore, I've got hundreds of drafts of ideas and samples written, with a friend of mine working on an actual fiction set in the KotOR time period.

I'm not even certain if this is the place to go to, but it seemed like an appropriate forum. Anyone interested or am I indulging in a pipe dream? [face_thinking]

Thanks in advance! :)

2. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    I saw the word collaborative and almost jumped right into it. I have been wanting to coauthor a story with someone, but I have yet to do so as I have a few stories already going, but I will help you, but first I have a question.

By "reconstructing", do you mean write it is as the movies are(word for word-at least for speech anywho), an AU version of the saga(where we can create our own OCs and stuff), or as the movies are with slight differences?

3. Star_Bender

Star_Bender Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2010
    I'm with JediMasterAmanda, I've been hunting for a chance to co-author something. Is there somewhere we can go to learn a little more about what you have in mind?

4. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Ditto.

We need a clear vision.

Where are we going with this reconstructed Saga? Is this a reboot of EU or something else?

If this is a serious attempt, I look forward to joining you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.