main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A reflection -Ami/Obi/ slight AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by tvdunlop, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tvdunlop

tvdunlop Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2003
    hey...should i continue this or is it good like this?

I honestly don?t know how I?m going to survive without my Ani. He was my rock, and he was in my very soul. I wish sometimes I had the ability to see the future; I could have stopped it all. It?s all my fault, now I have two children who I must give up in hopes that they?ll save what I?ve spent my whole life fighting for. How could Ani do this to me? He knew how much the Republic meant to me and he dares to destroy it. Damn Palpatine too. He was the one who used me. I?ll have to live with my blindness for the rest of my life. I stood on the balcony overlooking the water where my Ani and I shared our first kiss. Suddenly I heard a heavy fake breathing behind me and I turned around. There was a black armored man standing behind me. Ani, it was him; thank god Luke and Leia were safe. He was a monster, ?Padme,? his voice was not his, and it chilled me to the bone. ?Yes Vader?? I asked coolly wishing I could find it in my heart to call him Anakin. The figure stiffened, ?Just Vader?? it asked. ?I was under the impression that was your name,? I said bitterly. ?You?re my wife,? he said. ?Am I?? I asked. ?Yes, I love you Padme,? He said no emotion in his voice.
    I turned away, ?Don?t expect me to come with you Ani, I can?t,? ?What will you do here?? the creature asked. I turned away from him, ?Regret my decisions,? I said softly. ?Come with me and you won?t have to,? Vader said. ?I will not, you are not really Anakin,? I said venom in my voice. ?Of course I am,? he replied. ?No, Ani is still in there, but he is not you,? I turned to face him. I searched the black mask trying to find a way in. ?Where is my husband,? I whispered grief evident in my eyes and voice. ?Gone,? Vader said and before I knew it he was gone.
    I sat trying to digest what had just happened. Suddenly I heard someone calling my name, ?Amidala?? ?In here Obi Wan,? I responded automatically to the concerned call of my husband?s former master. ?I saw Vader?s ship leaving, are you alright?? He asked from behind me. I nodded turning to face him. It?s strange actually how old he looks now. When I first met him during the Trade Federation dispute almost fifteen years ago he was still a Jedi apprentice and he was all of twenty. Now he?s in his late thirties but he looked so much older. That too was Anakin?s?no, Vader?s doing. ?I?m alright,? I said reassuringly. He nodded relaxing a bit, ?I?m glad Luke and Leia are safely at your new home.? I nodded in agreement. I know now what I didn?t know until Anakin left. Obi Wan was a true Jedi, Ani had almost been more man than Jedi and that?s what I loved most about him. But I had learned you couldn?t be both man and Jedi. Obi Wan was pure Jedi and he had put me and when they were born, the children, above everything else. He said they were the last hope for the galaxy. I believe him too, if anyone can bring Ani back to the light it will be his children. I studied Obi Wan as my mind traced over the last ten months. Anakin had left me and the day after I had found out I was pregnant. Five days later Obi Wan came to tell me Anakin was as good as dead. He held me while I cried and then I told him I was expecting twins. He stayed with me throughout my pregnancy and was there, sitting where Ani should have been when they were born doing his best to make up yet again for the mistakes of his former Padawan. He knew like no one, even my sister, how much Anakin?s death haunted me. He knew if it hadn?t been for the children I most likely wouldn?t be here now. They were the only things holding me to this earth now that my Ani was dead along with the Republic for which I had fought so hard to save. Meeting Obi Wan?s gaze I knew he was reading my thoughts and emotions and he too was grieving for the Republic and the world that was lost to us. ?Someday Padme, someday your children will change the course of the galaxy,? he whispered his eyes searching mine to give me hope.
    The thing that scares me when I think about my new life is th

2. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Welcome to our board tvdunlop

Hi I read your story little bad, but can you leave some lines in between. Thank you.

3. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    This was pretty good. Yes if you leave some lines in between some of the paragraphs that would help with reading especially on the monitor.

I hope you continue this some more. I would like to see how her marriage to Bail goes etc.

4. tvdunlop

Aug 15, 2003
    hey....i'll continue this i hope...but i'm not quite sure where i'm going...stay tuned

5. tvdunlop

Aug 15, 2003
    Bail Organa stood awaiting the arrival of his new bride the Former Senator and Queen of Naboo. Obi Wan had warned him of the risk he was taking and he sighed with regret. He would have to keep her in the palace at all times. Obi Wan had told him of Vader's recent visit and how he'd left Padme alone. That reassured Bail, but he couldn't help but wonder what would happen to her should Vader come again. Then there was Leia to consider. Her force presence was strong, but could be kept hidden by a force shield. She would become his daughter and he would raise her as his own. Bail often had longed for a family and now he was going to get one.

Obi Wan glanced at Padme, they were approaching Aldeeran. ?Padme?? he spoke softly. ?I?ll be good to him,? her voice trembled slightly, ?I don?t? know why I still love Anakin, he?s dead.? Obi Wan wondered if his idea was going to work, ?Padme, you do realize that when Anakin was himself he loved you.? She nodded, ?It?s hard to believe there?s so much eveil in him now.? Her eyes were vacant.

Vader: I watched her face as she spoke to me, it had been full of anger and pain. Pain that I had caused, was I sorry? In a way no I wasn?t, I wasn?t that poor pathetic fool anymore and she had been part of his life. However, she was the best part and something that had survived as pure and beautiful as the day he?d first seen her. I was angry at myself for still feeling anything for her, was it love? No, I wasn?t able to love, but what was it? Maybe it was possessiveness, perhaps it was jelously. Why should I be jealous, I knew she would never love another. Why had she loved that pathetic fool and why couldn?t she love me?I was better than Anakin Skywalker.

6. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    This was very good. I look forward to this story. I like how you are showing the characters thoughts and feelings.

I wonder like Obiwan if this marriage will work. The part where Vader asks himself why she could not love him that he is better than Anakin was excellent

7. tvdunlop

Aug 15, 2003
    The ship landed and Padme slowly approached Bail. ?Padme,? his voice was soft. She could barely manage a smile, a minute later Sabe walked out carrying Leia. Padme took her and then seemed to hesistate.

Padme: I wanted Leia to know her real father, but at the same time I knew Bail should bond with her. I took a deep breath and whispered, ?Leia, meet your father,? before I placed my baby in Bail?s arms. I watched him cradle her to him, ?Hello beautiful,? his voice was choked up and it was all I could do to hold in my tears. Why was I crying? Was I wishing it could be Ani standing there or was the scene the first vision of hope for my daughter and me? I decided it was both, and suddenly I knew that no matter what happened to me Leia would be alright.

Obi Wan watched Bail take the little girl and he watched Padme struggling against her tears. He spoke, ?Bail, perhaps you could have them shown to their rooms,? Bail nodded to the young servant standing beside him who led Padme, Leia and Sabe into the house. ?How was your trip?? Bail inquired. Obi Wan shrugged, ?Are you up for this?? he asked with concern. ?That little girl deserves better than what she would have had, and so does Padme.? he replied. Obi Wan looked him in the eye, ?She will never want physical contact,? he warned Bail. The older senator nodded, ?I will protect them, and Leia shall be my legal daughter and she will be the Princess of Aldeeran.? Obi Wan paused, ?I need to be on my way to Tatoonie, I don?t know if I will ever see you again, but if you need me I?ll be outside Mos Eisley going by the name of Ben Kenobi.? Bail nodded, ?It?ll take some time, but we?ll be all right.? Obi Wan boarded his ship and flew off into the horizon.

8. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Very emotional the part where Padme gives Leia to Bail. Nice touch about Obiwan warning Bail not to touch Padme.

9. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Nice touch about Obiwan warning Bail not to touch Padme.

I noticed that too, Crystal. Definitly an Obidala fanfic, in that way :D

~aeryn

10. tvdunlop

Aug 15, 2003
    having some issues with this right now.....and i'm really busy.........so don't go away

11. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Sorry case of I didn't look at what I typed. I meant I won't go away, so take your time.

12. tvdunlop

Aug 15, 2003
    hey....it's okay...i will update this......

13. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    I goofed I didn't look at what I typed and had left a couple of words out. So I edited it.

14. tvdunlop

Aug 15, 2003
    another short post

Bail entered his house, "Padme?" she stood wearing a light blue gown at the top of the stairs, "You look stunning," he finally said unable to tear his eyes from her. She said nothing then, "Shall we get married now?" Bail was startled by her suggestion, "Of course, I'll be ready in a half an hour." Padme said her vows without feeling hoping against hope she could come to appreciate this man who was now her husband. Bail worried that he wouldn't be able to live up to Anakin. They sat on the balcony that night, "Leia is a wonderful baby," his voice was full of happiness. She nodded saying nothing for a while. "Bail, I cannot love you like I loved Ani. No matter what he did, I still will love him more than life until I die." All hope Bail had of winning her affections flew out the window. "Very well Padme," his voice sounded cool to his ears, but he couldn't stop himself. Abruptly he got up and went inside. Padme listened until his footsteps died away before she started to cry, "Oh Ani," she wept, "How could do this to me?" Her voice was barely audible.

"Hello, my name is Ben Kenobi," Obi Wan stood in the door to the Lars hut. Owen nodded, "I?m Owen Lars," "I have a favor to ask of you and your wife," Obi Wan said finally getting straight to the point. Beru stood next to her husband curiously listening. "This is the son of Anakin Skywalker, and Padme Amidala," his voice was steady despite his emotions, "I need you to raise this child." They stared, "Where's Anakin?" "He no longer exists as we knew him," Owen frowned, "Meaning?" "He goes by the name Darth Vader which is why this child must never know his heritage." Owen gaped, "The mass murderer?" Obi Wan cringed, "Yes." "What's his name?" Beru asked stepping closer. "Luke, Luke Skywalker." Obi Wan said. "He keeps his last name?" Owen looked horrified. "Yes, it was his mother's wish." He nodded, "I remember her, and she loved him very much." Obi Wan nodded his throat tight, "Yes she did." They held a quick silent conversation with their eyes, "Yes, we'll take him," Owen said reaching for the child. "I will be living nearby just in case." Obi Wan said. Owen frowned, "You are NOT to interfere with his upbringing." Obi Wan bowed, "I understand and I will not be more than a mere name." "Is Ben your real name?" Owen asked. The Jedi shook his head, "I?m Obi Wan Kenobi." "Very well Mr. Kenobi," Owen said, "goodbye." "May the force be with you both." Obi Wan said leaving

15. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    I bet this is the conversation that will be in the movies, it was so real. :)

16. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I almost missed this update. Very good post, tv.

~aeryn

17. tvdunlop

Aug 15, 2003
    Padme turned her head towards Leia, her daughter was sleeping. Her features already resembled Padme's, her father was barely evident. Padme sighed, perhaps that was best, her mind drifted. She'd seen Ani when he was only 9, she was Queen of a planet. How did we fall in love? "I don't know," answered a voice. She whirled around, "Bail?" He smiled, "How did you fall in love with Anakin?" She turned away not wanting him to see her crying, "I don't know, we just did." He said nothing, not wanting to disturb her from her thoughts.

Bail: I knew sooner or later she'd die; there was no two ways about it. She was dead, living only on the few moments of joy Leia brought her. I might as well have been invisible. I knew that before I married her, why is it bothering me now? What I didn't understand was how she could love someone like Vader.

Padme: He was probably wondering how I could still love Vader, well I didn't. I never had, I loved Anakin, my husband. He was the father of my children; our love had been so strong it had defied all rules, all rumors. How had we come to this, he a sith and me, a broken woman, married to a political man who had never been more than a mere friendly presence in my life?

Vader stood on his ship, it was huge and the terror of the galaxy. He smiled with satisfaction and his mind slipped back to Padme. Always back to Padme, she was so present in his mind. He frowned wondering where she was, Obi Wan had gotten to her before him. Force, her beauty had brought him to his knees. She'd been so tiny and yet she was so gorgeous that her beauty seemed to lift her up beyond all others in the galaxy.

18. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Excellent. You could see the turmoil in the characters.

19. tvdunlop

Aug 15, 2003
    Stay tuned!!!

20. tvdunlop

Aug 15, 2003
    I should add a disclaimer: The story and original characters all belong to George Lucas, a genius.

Padme: Sometimes I think of Vader as the evil side of my husband, he'd hurt me, but not physically. My heart constantly hurt, Leia was my love now. Bail stood on the sidelines afraid to press me too hard, and he was right, if he'd pushed me I would have killed myself. I sighed wondering how long the pain would exist, Sabe told me before she left that it would lessen. I miss her; she was a constant companion who always helped me with my problems. Now she's gone in hiding, so are Rabe, Dorme and Corde. All my childhood friends are gone with the rest of my childhood dreams and hopes. How could Ani destroy me like this? "You're right, it would destroy us," his voice echoed in my mind, it had destroyed us, both of us.

Obi Wan: I stared at the wall in my hut, I would spend my life here now, away from the pain and devastation of the galaxy. My mind was swimming with memories, Anakin as a boy, Padme as a girl, their children now living parcets apart. Would they ever meet? Would he become like his father, or would he be the new hope? There were so many questions, would Padme survive?

Four Years Later;
    Padme: I've almost died, my body no longer works, Bail is standing near me looking worried, suddenly I hear knocking and then a dark shape is standing over me.

21. tvdunlop

Aug 15, 2003
    I have so many going that i have to end at least two, this one seemed like a logical choice.

Hope you enjoyed it

Padme: I can make out that it is a person, although the breathing sounds odd and suddenly my heart freezes.

Vader: I stared at her, my beautiful wife. She lives in this nice place, it's a lot like Naboo. She's remarried too; I note the ring on her finger. Oddly I don't feel anger and betrayal, just sadness. She's too good to die, she's the only good thing I've been able to belong too, and we belong to each other. Why then did I leave her? We could have been so happy. I was a fool, but I was also smart. I have power now, but I'm suddenly realizing I can't stop death. I can't stop her from dying, there's nothing I can do. It's just like when Mom died; now I have to watch the only other woman who's met anything to me waste away. Bail hasn't left the room, I'm surprised he's felt brave enough to stay in my presence, he must really love her. She knows who I am from the way she looks at me and she still loves me, no, she loves Anakin Skywalker. He is the one who has her heart, not me, not Darth Vader.

Padme: He's still Ani, but he's barely alive within that monster. How could I ever have loved someone who possessed so much evil? It's easier to think they're different, but that would mean that Ani isn't standing before me and I know deep within he is. He would be dead otherwise and I know he lives, but does he truly live within Vader? I whisper, "Ani?" He tenses and I know in a heartbeat, from that one motion that he is still alive, "Come back to me," I beg my voice breaking. He still says nothing, how I long to hear his voice, "Ani please say something, anything to me, I want to hear your voice one more time before I die." He looks sad I guess, I can't tell. Then in a totally different voice, "My voice is no longer what you know Padme." I almost cried, but he had spoken. Then I heard in my head, "Padme," it was his familiar voice and this time I cried, tears of joy. "Padme I will always love you, you are the best thing that ever happened to me and I'm so sorry I hurt you. It was so wrong of me, please forgive me." Even though I wanted to yell at him and ask why I should just thinking of the murders of those innocent people, but he was still Ani deep inside, that little blonde innocent boy that I loved so much. "I love you Ani and I forgive you," I whispered. He took my hand in his gloved one, "I'd take off the glove, but I'm not allowed to." He said softly. I nodded my understanding. Slowly he began to fade away and the last thing I felt was his arms around me.

Vader: She died in my embrace, I felt no anger, no rage, only sadness and love.

Obi Wan: I felt her death through the Force, I felt my former apprentice's grief and a flicker of hope arose in me, perhaps he was human.

Vader: I buried her on Naboo, she rests here now, forever with her people, my former life has been buried with her, she takes the last goodness that existed within me. She's happy, out of pain, pain that I caused. Out of everything I've done, the only thing I've regretted was the pain I caused her. Good bye my angel, may you find happiness now in death.

The end

22. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Excellent post, it was emotional I was crying with the part that Vader still loved her.

Sorry to see it end but I do understand.

23. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Hmmm, that went by so fast. Still, very good fic, tv.

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.