main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A remake of the OT?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jar_Jar_the_great, Nov 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar_Jar_the_great

Jar_Jar_the_great Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 3, 2003
    Okay searching the web I kept finding this rumor that Lucas is thinking of having the original trilogy remade. Does anyone know anything for sure about this? And what do you think about this good or bad Idea?

2. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    It's not going to happen. If Lucas was going to make Episodes 7-9 (which he's not), he should film the remakes of ANH, TESB, and ROTJ and Episodes 7-9 back to back to save money using the same actors.
    But again, there won't be a remake of the OT.

3. jabba_the_nut

jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2003
    I bet Star Wars will be remade by somebody at some point in the distant future, but I very seriously doubt Lucas will do it.

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    The horror...the horror! Please Lucas, no remakes!

5. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    The fact that you found the rumor on the Web should have tipped you off. :p

There will be no remake, at least not by Lucas.

Of course, maybe one day far in the future when Lucas is dead and gone and his descendants become greedy, maybe they'll sell the rights and our grandchildren can see a remake of the trilogy with Ashton Kutcher as Obi-Wan Kenobi. [face_plain]

Rick McCallum loves you!

6. Jar_Jar_the_great

Mar 3, 2003
    I don't know, I think it coulbe be enteresting. I mean that way he could tie the movies together better. Fix some of the things that don't jive now, make them look more simuler. But I don't know,Ford will all ways be Solo can't picture any one else as him.

7. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    if he wanted them to tie them together well, he shouldn't have added stuff to the PT like midichlorians and 1,000 new species and new planets and many other things. He should have made the PT flow into the OT. The OT shouldn't have to flow into the PT.

of course, if you enjoy the EU, then the flow wont bother you much, but for purists, its a nagging feeling i know. GL shouldn't have put stuff in the PT to make the OT seem like it needs changed.

8. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Here's a hint, don't go to SuperShadow.com

Lucas will not re-make the OT.

9. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    supershadow cant even format his webpage well, unless its my browswer

10. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    "if he wanted them to tie them together well, he shouldn't have added stuff to the PT like midichlorians and 1,000 new species and new planets and many other things. He should have made the PT flow into the OT. The OT shouldn't have to flow into the PT."

By that same token, if Lucas hadn't added these things, people would have argued that the galaxy was too small, that the PT was just a carbon copy of the OT, and so on.

As to the topic, no, Lucas will not remake the OT, and while it might be somewhat interesting to see a new version of the movies (provided they stick to the original vision and don't change things around), I'm perfectly happy with these, and more importantly, these will always be Star Wars to me first and foremost. A remake would only be seen in my eyes as a fun little project.

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    He should have made the PT flow into the OT. The OT shouldn't have to flow into the PT.

Well said, jedi_john. I totally agree. :)

12. gold-finger

gold-finger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2003
    He better not re-make anything. Leave the things alone!!!

13. Jar_Jar_the_great

Mar 3, 2003
    The OT takes place, timeline wise after the PT so in that regard yes the OT does need to flow into the the PT. BU I can see why people would say the PT should flow into the OT.

However I think givin todays technollogy the OT should be redone and that way can really screw EU up and get lots of people mad. thats just me thouhg.

14. amidalak

amidalak Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2003
    i think someone in another thread said it best for me, as long as i can get the current OT on dvd, i think it would be neat to see it remade. it would P-O a lot of folks, but hey, if gl wants to do it, why not? however, the likelyhood of this happening seems to me to be slim to none.

15. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I only see the OT being remade in the far future, perhaps thirty years from now or so. Many old movies are being remade, so I guess it is only a matter of time before SW ends up as one of them. :(

Who or what is this Supershadow?

16. LtKettch

LtKettch Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2000
    I've been off these boards for a long time, but the sheer gulibility of some fans never ceases to amaze. [face_shocked]

There is NO way GL will remake the OT. For one, he's stated time and time again in the interviews he done over the past few years that after Ep. III, he's finished with Star Wars. He's spent nearly 30 years of his life doing them, don't you think he has something better to do than remake a film trilogy that is nearly universally regarded as classic? That's what I thought.

However, what that other site probably was confused about was this from this stuff the people on Slashdot were talking about. I would not be surprised if GL did the "Extra Special Editions" or "Ultimate Editions" or something, but remaking the films. Nah! Not gonna happen.

17. Shint_Sattare

Shint_Sattare Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    I hope and pray that GL does not remake the OT, nor do I think he will.

On the other hand...

I would love for GL to redo the SFX in the OT. Not mess with the storylines or even make any new scenes, just simply remake the special effects so that they are more up to date and utilize the technology that is available today. Don't tell me you would like to see star destroyers being hit with an ion cannon from the surface of Hoth in totally digital, real looking CGI (computer generated imaging)!! :D

18. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Its not gonna happen so dont even count on it.
    Please close this thread someone.

19. eaglejedi

eaglejedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 2, 2001
    If the OT gets remade, they'll have lots of spiffy new special effects, and the human elements will suffer, just as in the PT. Sorry, PT-lovers, but in a film world where they keep adding newfangled special effects and action sequences to movies, and taking out good stories, good writing, and good acting, that's the way things are going, and would likely go, if they remade the OT.

If they do remake the OT, please do not ever let me watch it.

EDIT: Unless I turn out to be wrong, which just might happen.

20. Darth_Sillyname

Darth_Sillyname Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Remaking the OT seems like a silly idea, but maybe it would be better to remake it so it 'fits' with the PT, instead of having the real OT further 'enhanced' and 'improved'...

Maybe.

Maybe not ;)

21. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    SuperShadow

He is an ******* who claims he is the ultimate Star Wars fans, he is close friends with Lucas, he has a cameo in Episode 3 as a "handsome Jedi Knight" and he knows everything there is to know about Star Wars (he doesn't know ****).

His site is good for a laugh though, you gotta love Darth Rage and Darth Xio Jade of the Sith Council *rolls eyes*

22. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I'm kinda surprised people wouldn't want to see the OT remade.

I always like watching new versions of old movies.

I hope it happens but can't see it happening in my lifetime (probably 25-30 years from now) but I believe many of you will.

And don't lie, you'll go see it.

23. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    Remake the OT?

While we're at it, let's remake 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'. That film is twenty-two years old. Just imagine how it could be improved.

We could get a much better actor than Ford to play 'Indy'. He's too old now, but we can get a young, hip actor for the part.

Fighting with a whip has been done-to-death. I'm sure they can give him a better weapon than that. How about a spear-gun?

And his hat? Nobody wears a hat like that these days. I say 'no hat' for the actor that plays the new 'Indy'.

Then there's 'Blade Runner'. Just think about how it could be made even better with different actors and SFX.

'Godfather' is even older than 'Star Wars'. Toss it out and remake it.

I don't understand the following line-of-thought:

I am a big fan of these movies. Therefore, I'd like to toss them out and have them REMADE.

24. Bubbs

Bubbs Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2003
    Why remake the OT? It'd be pointless. Why fix something that isn't broken? It's like kissing your sister, somehow.

25. ProbeDroid169

ProbeDroid169 Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2003
    I think the OT is a classic and it should not be touched by anybody... but you never know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.