main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A remake of the OT?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jar_Jar_the_great, Nov 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b0neman

b0neman Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2003
    What about this Web nonsense? (hopefully...)
    Can anyone confirm the truth about this:
    http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html

Saw it in bunch of links on SlashDot. Could be web drivel but stuff like this makes my hair stand on end. Especially the Hayden/Anikan rumor. If ever there was a seriously awful miscasting of a character, it was the decision to go with Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christenson for Darth.

Maybe with a better director and better writers they could have whipped some emotions and feelings out of these loser actors. Hell, in ESB Kasden was able to make a puppet emote better than Hayden!

BTW, *everything* gets remade good or not e.g. Psycho, Rollerball, Lolita, ad nauseum. And, who cares if Lucas has no interest in Episodes 7, 8, or 9. If they lure someone with a little bit of talent like Peter Jackson, they could get those flicks done and people would be killing themselves to see the finished product. I know I would. For that matter, they wouldn't need a talented director. They could just put out crap and people would *still* be breaking down doors to see it.

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Okay searching the web I kept finding this rumor that Lucas is thinking of having the original trilogy remade.
    If it doesn't come from starwars.com...it's just fanboy gossip/dreams!

Star Wars: A New Hope...
    Empire Strikes Back...
    Return of the Jedi...are classic movies, and SHOULD be left alone (with the exception of GL adding new shts/scenes HIMSELF)

Do you really want some self-rightous hack (cough)Tim Burton(cough) destroying ANOTHER classic sci-fi movie?

3. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Remakes are a bad idea in general. If a film's great enough to be considered for a remake decades after its release, it's probably also great enough that no new version will be able to top it.

4. flenchgrain

flenchgrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    Someone should put a bill through congress making it illegal to remake starwars.

5. Jar_Jar_the_great

Jar_Jar_the_great Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 3, 2003
    Strong oppinons against it, are there none who think this is a good idea?

6. b0neman

b0neman Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2003
    It's a good idea *ONLY* if all of the content of the orginals is available too e.g. Terminator 2:Ultimate addition's multiple branched version. You can choose to see the film with the additional scenes or without.

DVD technology is probably far too much in its infancy to put that much content into DVD's without having like 4 DVD's per movie though.

Why don't the Lucasfilm beancounters realize that they could make 3 times as much money on the OT if they just put out all three versions of the film? Original, "new" 1997, and Lucussified Version 2K5 with new Darth Hayden action figure... BEEElah!

You *know* it would be a requirement for your library to have all three, make that nine DVD's in your collection. Pile that on top of the Episode I, II, and III DVD's and that's quite a hefty bit of pocket change in George's piggy bank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.