main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A reminder

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Jairen, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Hi all,

Well, after the last few days I wanted to take a moment to just thank everyone for being a great bunch of friends. For a fledgeling chapter, you've outdone yourselves, easily having the equivalent of more than one meet per month of existance.

However, I think it's important for me to remind you all that whilst we live on these boards, there are rules to be followed. Most of them, to be honest, are matters of common sense and decency. They don't take much to obey, perhaps remembering to star out a word in your post, or a quick review of what your written, with other people in mind. Simple things that take no real extra time, but make my life, and the life of everyone on these boards, a little simpler.

Now, despite my distaste for the Dad moniker ( :p ) it looks like I'm gonna have to shoulder that burden for a while. These last few days have shown me that I am going to have to get a little stricter with some of you.

Up till now, I've been happy to let most things slide, since I know we tend to be a little more relaxed than the rest of the world, and most of the other countries posters don't come in here (unless they are very liberated :D )

However, the recent increase in problems, notably Mark the other day, and the continued baiting by Dave, has made me realise that I might have to be a little harder on you if you do something out of line with the TOS. The Terms Of Service is there for a reason, and that reason is to ensure a fair and equal treatment of all users on these boards. So, when it says NO FLAMING, NO BAITING, NO TROLLING, NO SPAMMING etc, etc, it damn well means it.

Don't get me wrong, I love the banter on these boards, and the continuation of the real world stuff in to this place, but remember that this is a family environment, and that you should have respect for everyone on here.

That's all I want to say for now, but please remember that I'm always available to you. E-mail me, PM me, for those of you with my mobile number, phone or text me. This is about having a place where ALL of you feel comfortable, not just one or two.

Thanks

Phill

2. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    *thinks*
    *thinks some more*
    *goes to talk then stops*

i didnt see the rule about no baiting! wheres that? and phil i have just send you an email with my details on it so you can tell me whats happened to mark cause im a jedi who doesnt like being in the dark side

you mentioned the dad thing! i havent done that and as far as i can see i think your safe now mate cause i havent seen any posts like that for an age!

3. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    i beleive this is probably the most important part of the T.O.S. (copied and pasted)

"User agrees not to post material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, misleading, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, that otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense. In compliance with the Federal Trade Commission's Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), you must be at least 13 years of age to use this system. Also, as a general guideline, all users here should respect one another's opinions and beliefs. User also agrees not to post spoilers regarding the upcoming Star Wars prequel in any forum outside of those specifically labelled as allowing spoilers (this includes posting spoilers of any type in your profile and signature). This applies to private messages as well."

here is the link to the tos just for everybodies information

just trying to be helpful :)

EDIT oh, and i believe there was talk of our own code of conduct for the chapter too? (which would be additional to the T.O.S.)

4. elelith

elelith Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Indeed. The no baiting rule is a good one. But what can you class as baiting. Some people react sensitivly rto what might only be a bit of harmless fun, read the wrong way.

5. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    There in lies the rub. It requires a certain amount of maturity, and KNOWING YOUR AUDIENCE.

6. elelith

elelith Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    I only know Dave. And he can never be offended by anything I say, he's not human.

7. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    Thanks Phill I'm sure we all try our best but sometimes things slip through.....as usual in anything....but thanks for the reminder "Daddy":p and I'm sure thanks to your advice we will become a stronger society.

8. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    this is the thing. The more we see each other in the flesh ![face_worried] we know what is an appropriate response for each poster, we know where the lines are.

9. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    course im not your average human im a jedi! i am a peaceful person and a pacifist! but i do occationally pac-a-fist to someone because they've pushed too far! (great pun!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.