main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Request for help..Episode III DISCUSSION INCLUDED - Spoiler

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LukeSkywalker_2001, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkywalker_2001

LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 18, 2002
    Once again, I am seeking help in writing my fanfiction notes stories. I have decided to restart them.

I need some assistance with this project....I need people who would be willing to play characters and participate directly in the notes.

Hey, I wanted to let you know that this time I really
    am going to restart the Notes. Now that episode 3 is
    out, we won't have to worry about restarting them
    again...due to new missing information.

I do not know whether or not you are interested in
    still participating in the notes, but if you are,
    please let me know.

I also decided to start over...because of certain
    information I would like to include...and because it's
    been such a long time since we did the Notes...and I
    wanted people to have the opportunity to start from
    the beginning.

If you choose to take part in the Notes, I am doing
    something slighty different. You would play only one
    character, but you would be responsible for writing or
    reading all the notes that involved that character.
    That way all the notes that involved the same
    character would still match up with one another.

I can send you a list of all the characters, if you
    are interested.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Thank you.

Please send me a private message or e-mail me at princelukeskywalker_2001@yahoo.com

After edit: I am going to provide a general outline of the story, and answer some questions...clear stuff up....I have seen episode 3...and for that reason, epsidoe 3 stuff will be included in this discussion. EPISODE III SPOILERS WILL BE DISCUSSED IN MY INFORMATIONAL POST...THIS IS A WARNING TO ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN ROTS

LP edit: Please note that until May 30, there is a boardwide spoiler policy in effect. At this time, all EpIII spoiler discussion must be confined to the official EpIII thread. Please refrain from discussing spoiler information in this thread until this time.

2. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    What are notes?

3. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    To quote LukeSkywalker_2001 from her thread The Notes (Links updated as of 1/25/03):

The Notes are a collection of letters written by different characters to other characters in my AU Star Wars story. The letters come together to form my story.

- lazy

4. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    The Notes are letters between the different characters in Star Wars...but they follow the events of the movies (basically...with a few twists)....the notes themeselves form a story.

It is kind of like when you write to a friend...relating the events of your life...and then that person responds back...like e-mail or regular letters.

But with the Notes you can explore deeper, character specific issues....

Some of the Notes that I did before with other people are posted on here...I also have a website that I posted them to.

http://www.geocities.com/palpatine_sidious

They are really fun to do with other people....and I want to start them up again, but I need participats

If that is not clear to you...just let me know. I can try to explain better.

5. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Ah, thanks. Yes....when I tried to describe the Notes on here, that was a much clearer way. That is a pretty complete definition of The Notes.....

However did you find the link to them on here? It's been so long since I posted that.

6. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    I have a list of every thread in the Fan Fiction boards. It's amazing what you can do with a local server and a simple PHP program.

- lazy :-B

7. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Wow, that's pretty awesome. It must have taken you some time to get all those stories on a server...and it shows that you really love SW fanfiction :)

8. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm just curious, but why don't you write them yourself, from different points of view? That way people would know more of what's going on. I know that when I was writing the notes, I never really understood what was going on because I didn't have very much information to go by.

9. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    It's not as fun to write everything myself...part of the fun of it is seeing what the other person will say. I'm sorry that you didn't feel that you had enough information to go by. I should have made it clearer that if you had any questions, to please ask me...and I would try to explain better.

And also...the way I want to set it up this time is a little different. Instead of just doing a couple notes, participants would be in charge of writing all notes that involve being that character, and reading all other notes that involve the character...hopefully that will help people better understand what is going on...and they would be directly involved in all notes involving that character...would make the story better AND would help out the participants

10. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    okay, since the other notes are all locked anyway...if I want to add to them I have to restart them anyway....so I am going to begin the process of restarting them on here...

11. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Well, I can't help you out this time, but I do have a suggestion:

If you're going to do this with a group of people, why don't you set up a website (a simple one, on Angelfire or Geocities) where all of your team can go to check out what's happening? A sort of information center, where everything concrete (things that you definitely want to happen and things that already have happened) is set down for everyone to see? That would avoid a lot of confusion and make continuity errors less likely. :)

If you'd like to see an example of what I'm talking about, let me know and I'll make one.

12. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    I do have a website at geocities that I also posted everything to...and I'm working on it still...but I also wanted to start up the notes...getting the whole thing set up takes a lot of time...I'm trying to recruit people to start off with...

and I do have an outline of what I would like to have happen....but it is not posted anywhere...I will consider posting it somewhere...that is a good idea...right now I want to get the first of every note posted here...so that people can respond and things

but it's hard to find enough people...I also have a yahoogroup thing that I had when I first started posting the written version of the stories...but again...it's people that need to be interested

Maybe the first time I need to explain something to someone, I'll save it in a word file...then copy and paste it so that everyone can see it....

And I'm also open to suggestions....if you want to be more specific about your suggestions, sure I would like to see an example....or you could help me set it up. That would be cool.

Thank you!

13. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    to everyone:

Hopefully this will help clear up any questions anyone might have, but continue to ask or offer suggestions:

Now, in order to do this, to lay down the storyline, I need to explain the differences between my storyline and episode III...therefore, there are EPISODE III SPOILERS IN THIS INFORMATIONAL POST!!!!!!

Okay, differences between the movies and my storyline:
    Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    1. Change #1 Anakin's family and his past
    Anakin has a father, Summoner Skywalker.
    Summoner's wife is Shmi...and the two of them had two children...Rhun and Owen.
    Owen, then, is Anakin's real brother in my stories, and Summoner (Cliegg) is his father.
    Shmi becomes pregnant with Anakin...and at that time the family is having financial problems.
    Summoner joins a group called the Maurders, who later join up with the Separatists
    Anyway, Summoner sells his pregnant wife into slavery
    After selling Shmi, Summoner legally changes his name to Cliegg Lars

2. Change #2 Padmé's family
    I would like Padmé to be from a real royal family. Therefore, her family is descended from the old royal rulers of Coruscant. Her ancestors were from Coruscant, but moved to Naboo. Her family is then the royal family of the Republic, however they do not rule over anything. Her family is very respected on Naboo, though.

3. everything else follows TPM pretty well, at least from my understanding of the storyline. There might be a few other minor changes or additons...

oh yes...in my stories Bail Organa = Bail Antilles...this is just because of something I made up after episode 1 came out, and Sabe is Han's mother

During TPM timeline, the Notes will follow TPM events.

Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    1. Change #1 Shmi does not die
    In my stories, Shmi does not die in episode II. Instead, she is serriously injured..almost to the point of death, but does not die. This is so she can be in the OT and be part of that storyline. Anakin still reacts the same way, killing the sandpeople

2. Change #2 Anakin/Padmé relationship
    The romance that develops between the two characters is still a nice, clean relationship. Anakin pursues Padmé, but is more respectful about the process...he will offer a courtship with her, clearly laying out his intentions. The relationship will be pure...exactly to what extent this relationship will differ will depend on the person playing the part of Padmé and the reactions that person has to Anakin's pursuing. Their romantic relationship will also be kept secret from just about everyone...maybe Padmé's closest friends and Shmi will be the only ones who will know about the marriage once it takes place.

Anakin will also give Padmé a dress as a symbol of their engagement and their love...since the relationship must be secret, he cannot give her a ring...this dress will be important in the OT

3. The Maurders will be one of the Separatist groups that joins Dooku, and they will be the ones to introduce the idea of the clones

4. Anakin will rescue his mother from slavery before the episode 2 events begin...and he will meet his family. He'll have great resent for his father, and he will not get along so well with his brothers

5. Pretty much everything else will be the same...it will reflect my understanding of Episode II, and the notes will follow those events

LP edit: EpIII spoiler information has been removed as per the boardwide spoiler policy in effect until May 23. This information will be restored after the spoiler ban is lifted.

Traditionally, Leia has been captured by the Maurders in my story and taken to Earth...but I am considering taking that out of the story. Whoever is the first participant, or the first person to respond to this will get to decide whether I change this or not.
    (Leia comes back to the SW world in the ANH events)

so this is going to to determine the events of the OT...the first few events

I would have to refigure those first events out in the OT Notes, but I could do that

More spec

14. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Getting the first of every note is not a good idea. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's a very bad idea. It will annoy the readers if you post too many threads. Why don't you try just getting one steadily established before you do that? That way you'll have a good reader base for the others.

15. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    I'm really limited in getting participants...the other ones are all locked, and I don't know where to look for people...I need about 30 people in order to cover all the parts.

It is best if I can get the notes started about at the same time...so that the information lines up with each other...especially with certain notes...because when information is introduced in correspondance with another character, there are questions that that character usually asks other characters, information shared...that's how the notes work.

If I have one story going...and no others, this can't be done...it's harder to go back and try to figure out what a character knows or does not know....it's best to have as many going on at one time as possibe

Okay...well then I will wait until the first participant writes back...then I will begin posting those notes. Every time a new participant comes, I will only post the notes involved with that person. Do you think that will work?

I certainly do not want to annoy anyone, but I also would like to post everything eventually, so that it is up.

And I am concerned that I will not get any participants for a little while. Maybe instead of posting 2 a day...to post one new one a day. Maybe that wouldn't be as annoying. There is a lot of stuff posted in a day, and maybe people wouldn't mind so much if there was just one Notes story a day posted to.

I don't know...this starting over thing is hard to find people...but I won't give up.

16. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    If it really is that big of a project, you're probably going to have to put it on hold until you find all the authors you need. Or, alternatively, you can find a way to cut down on the number of authors needed.

Having most of the story written before posting is also advisable.

Either way, the sheer number of threads is going to be overwhelming to a lot of people, and I know that there are many, many who are going to be aggrivated by this, no matter how far apart you separate them timewise. Is there another way you can organize it, so that it doesn't require so many threads?

17. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    But I'm not even sure I can find that many participants...I would like to start it soon.

Well, I guess I'll ask the first person that agrees to participate if they woudl be willing to play more than one character. That's the only way to cut down the number of authors needed.

If most of the sotry is written before posting, then how often do you update it?

This of course cotninues to confirm that I need to go somewhere else...to a website or something, to post the stories until I post them here.

When I did the Notes before, no one told me they were annoyed. Of course this doesn't mean that people werent' annoyed.

Well, I suppose I could have two threads...OT and PT...

and in those threads have all the stories...and have each post on those threads be a different note, and just edit them. The only problem with that is that it won't ever indicate that the NOtes are ever updated...and it'll get lost

it's easier to have separate threads for all of them anyway...it keeps it better organized for me

What if I only started a new Notes thread every few months...but still had the same number of threads...would that be as aggravating?

I don't know how else to do this...I could also try by character...all the notes that involve a certain character...but that would be double the posting required

18. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I think you should really only start with one, the first one, and then go from there. If you must do more than that, do no more than two, and in order. Otherwise, it could very likely fall to the bottom of the boards very fast.

19. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    On a side note, the link in your signature doesn't work, LS_2001.

20. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    All right...what I will do is have an Original Trilogy and a Prequel Notes thing....2 threads covering the new notes...hopefully that will not annoy people and it will be better

21. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    yeah...I know that signature link doesn't work...thank you for letting me know though...hmmm...I'll work on that later

22. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    After much thinking, I have decided it would be better to post the notes individually than to post all the OT and all the PT...I am not going to be able to please everyone...I think it's better for the story to do them individually.

However, I will post differently than the last time. I will post the first PT note...and get that one going...and once I reach your first suggested number OR until the story is finished, (whichever comes first), I will then post the next one.

I might also get the first OT note going, and do the same thing...not sure on that yet....

But that way there would only be a couple....and once the story was over, it would probably fall to the bottom anyway, so having a new one wouldn't impede upon the posting of others.

That's my idea...what do you think of it?

23. HanSolosGal

HanSolosGal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    I heard about this from LadyP. So, am I right to say that it's sort of like an RPG (Role-Playing-Game)? If that's the case, that sounds pretty cool, and I'd love to join. So, are you going to make it that we start in order, (Episode 1-6) or totally random stuff? PM me wiht more details, cuz I would love to play Han Solo or Leia :D

24. vegemite

vegemite Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2004
    I heard about it from LP, too (hi, HSG! :D). I don't want to have a large part, though, because I would probably ruin the board or something :p Hope this turns out to be as kewl as it sounds!

25. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Whew...it's been a while since I've checked Active Topic Notification stuff :) Glad I did.

Yes, it is sort of like an RPG...in that you role-play characters...you are actually the character that you are writing as.

There are two timeframes of the Notes...
    Prequel and Original Trilogy.

The Prequel Notes will handle events from just before TPM to just after ROTS.

The Original Trilogy Notes will handle events from the ANH events up through ROTJ events.

I do have an order that the Notes start in...not all of them start as early in the story, and then other Notes are added in as the story progresses.

I will certainly PM you the details :)

Thanks for responding!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.