main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx A request for prayers

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by EmprsHandMick, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I've debated with myself for a while about whether to share this with my friends here, I hate to depress others with my problems. I have recently learned that my grandmother, only 65 years old, is currently in stage four multiple myeloma. MM is a cancer of the B cells of the immune system. According to the doctors we have from a few weeks to a few months, especially since treatment is complicated by her multiple sclerosis. This is hitting me hard since I am very close with my grandmother who is currently at home in Lima, Ohio. So I apologize if I happen to be short tempered or distant for a while.
    I appreciate any prayers or good wishes anyone may offer to the Lord for my grandmother and our family.
    I'm sorry for this depressing thread, but I consider many of you good friends and so I decided to share this.

2. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    You got it.

//hugs to Mick//

:)

3. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I heard a little about this at the last RPG. May the Force be with you and your family, Mick.

4. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Mick, we're all here for you in any capacity you may need us. We're one big family right? Call if you just need to talk or cry or whatever in the middle of the night.

MJA

5. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    /hugs to Mick and her Grandmother/

Anything you need, you got it.

6. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Mick, my prayers are with you and your family at this time. I lost my Grandfather to Alzheimer?s a several years back so I know what you?re going through.

I understand your apprehension in sharing this very personal info. Nobody wants to burden others but as human beings, sharing if troubles helps to pull us through it.

If you?re up Sat. morning, you'll get a huge hug from me.

Dave

7. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    You can count the RMFF into that flood of well wishes.

I lost my Granmother a few years ago from Complications from Diabetes, and it was a huge wakeup call.

/sends many good wishes & prayers to Mick's family/

8. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    No apologies neccesary, Mick. You have every right to be short tempered and distant.

My thoughts are with both of you.

9. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Prayers are yours Mick from me and mine! I hope for only the best for your grandma.

Hugs...

10. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    If it means anything to you Mick, my sisters and I will be getting together tonight. We will light candles and pray that the goddess surrounds her (and your family) in her loving light during this trying time.

Keep your chin up and be strong.

11. Master_Duron

Master_Duron Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2002
    My thoughts are with both of you too, Mick.

12. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    That's what we're here for. Not to make light but in SW context sometimes the Dark Side seems powerful but there is always a new hope. [face_love]

Even though I include everyone I know in my prayers, I will mention your grandmother specifically. [face_love]

Hugs and prayers to you and your entire family

13. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    My grandmother had multiple myeloma and it was terrible for her. :( I'll certainly pray for you and your family. :)

~*~Bria

14. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    My thoughts and prayers are with you all!!

15. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    If you have need for anything, just let me/us know. :)

*hugs & prayers for Mick & her family*

16. Darth_Myles

Darth_Myles Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Darth Greedo and I lost our grandmother this past April due to lung cancer, so we can definitely appreciate the situation that you are in. You and your grandmother are in our thoughts and prayers. If you need anything don't hesitate to let either of us know.

17. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Thanks to all of you for your prayers and support. I appreciate everyone being so understanding and kind. It's nice to know that I have so many people around that I can rely on when I'm so far from home and family.

18. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your grandmother, Mick. We're here for you - me, Rob and Jacob. :)

19. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    I"m praying for you and your grandma, Mick.
    <big hug>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.