main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Resolution Between Shadows and Light--RotS AU, Updated 6/28!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SakuraTsukikage, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Title: A Resolution Between Shadows and Light
    Author: SakuraTsukikage
    Characters: Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Padme, though Yoda, Palpatine, and the droids make appearances too, as well as OCs
    Timeframe: During and after RotS
    Disclaimer: The Flanneled One owns all, not me.

One

Falling.

I saw him fall, the man I knew as apprentice, as friend, as brother, and as enemy. Not once, but twice?first to the seductive power of the dark side through his uncontrolled passions, Sidious?s manipulations, my own failures, then toward a pit of lava on Mustafar that I condemned him to with a sweep of my lightsaber.

Falling. Darkness silhouetted against flame. It seems to light him with fire, licking across his skin, though it is only an illusion. He seems to fall forever.

Both times he struggled to reach out to me, the first time fumbling through fear and pride and ignored in my blindness.

Falling?he stretches out his hand as if to plead for my aid, but all I see is fire. Darkness and flame. His mouth moves, but I can?t hear his words.

But as he fell on Mustafar I felt him fling all his remaining strength recklessly?always so reckless?into the Force, reaching out to me in a wordless cry for help with his mind even as his mouth cursed me, and, incredibly, felt his presence, his terror and desperation, his need, touch me through the fading remnants of our old bond. A bond I had thought was shattered and broken beyond repair.

I should have known he would find a way to do the impossible even as he sank into fire.

It hit me like his mechanical hand in a punch to the stomach, and I reacted before I even had time to think, dropping to my knees and flinging out a hand as I reached out to the Force to catch his falling body, even as searing, white-hot pain spiked through me from the connection he stubbornly clung to. I had thought I no longer cared about the man he had been, thought I was ready to walk away and leave him sinking into the hellhole around us.

I was wrong. Wrong about so many things. Wrong about him, for I couldn?t let him go. With that one wordless plea for help, everything changed, and he was Anakin again, my friend, my partner, my brother, and I couldn?t let him fall.

I caught him just in time, just as his body slid off the edge and began to sink into the lava itself, and the pain I felt from him nearly broke my fragile concentration entirely. Flames kindled to life in his tunic, along the wires in his mechanical arm, and he screamed in agony. As painstakingly as the first time I had ever reached out to the energy around me to levitate a stone, I let that power, that light, flow through me and wrap itself around him, lifting him away from the lava, cushioning his body above the deadly heat, dousing the devouring flames with its pressure. I still don?t know where I found the strength after a duel like the one we?d just fought, or the focus, with my mind torn between recollections of the good times we had shared and new, raw memories of his darkness. I just couldn?t let him fall. Not this time. Not when I could save him.

I felt him losing consciousness even as I struggled to pull him toward me. The Force alone?what anyone other than a Jedi would have described as pure luck?had kept him from being too badly hurt, for by some miracle his mechanical hand had slipped down into the lava first and he had desperately reached out to that same power to keep his head up out of the grasping magma, but the pain had proven too much even for him. I could feel him fading into the vague, floating fuzziness that heralded unconsciousness the same way we had once been able to tell what the other was thinking without having to say a word. The connection was weak, shaky, but . . . there.

How was it possible we could still have a bond at all after everything that had happened, that had passed between us?all he had done? All I had done? I had felt nothing from him as we fought, only rage and darkness.

He nearly slipped from my Force hold in my moment of abstraction, sending a cascade of ashes and gravel sliding into

2. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Oh, I'm so glad you posted this here!

I was even more unprepared for his soft moan of ?Master,? as he turned his face into my shoulder, or for the sound of his voice, hoarse, raw, deepened by the searing of his throat and lungs by the lava-heated air. It cracked and broke as he struggled to speak. ?Help me, Master?please??

I'm glad to see the story where Obi-Wan does what I wanted him to--grab Anakin and haul him right back up to that ship. Looking forward to the rest.

PM me with updates if you do them.

3. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Thank you so much for posting this here!

I've been reading this over at ff.net, but I haven't been able to comment since it had a member's only block on your reviews.

There's only two words for your story: Absolutely brilliant.

PM me when you update, ok?

4. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    yay! responses! I'm so happy! I thought I took the members only block off but . . . oh well. Thought I might as well go for it.

Two

It felt as if I would never get Padmé?s ship off Mustafar, let alone into hyperspace. I couldn?t seem to get my mind to function, couldn?t induce my fingers to input the correct codes into the navicomputer. I wasn?t even certain what the correct codes were. Where should I go? Where in the galaxy could I take them?a badly injured Sith Lord and an unconscious Senator bearing his children? I chose the nearest Republic system with a low military presence nearly at random and prayed for the Force to somehow guide me through this.

?See-Threepio,? I murmured wearily, ?put through a communication to Senator Organa and Master Yoda, will you?? He responded, of course, and at length as usual, but I didn?t hear him beyond the affirmative answer, my thoughts and gaze already focused on the HoloNet viewscreen as I rehearsed what I could possibly say.

?Master Kenobi?? Organa appeared on screen. ?Is that you??

?Yes, it?s me.? I cast about for some way to describe my situation. Nothing in my vocabulary seemed adequate. ?I?I have Senator Amidala and . . . Darth Vader with me. I?m leaving the Mustafar system now and am on my way to a planet called Elanna. It?s on the fringes of Republic space, but it has no military presence and a grade-A medical facility according to the computer. It?s small, out of the way?remote enough that they might not yet have gotten any news from Coruscant.?

?We?ll meet you there,? Organa assured me. He hesitated. ?You say you have both Skywalker?Vader?and Senator Amidala??

?I do. I?ll explain on Elanna. Please relay this message to Master Yoda.?

?I will. Elanna, then, Master Kenobi.? The message ended with a crackle of static, and I leaned back wearily in the seat, feeling a crushing burden of responsibility settle onto my shoulders, into my stomach. Suddenly I felt a thousand years old and more tired than I had ever been. I let my eyes slide closed, just for a moment.

?Are you quite all right, Master Kenobi?? See-Threepio?s prissy tones cut into my fogged mind like a vibroblade through transparisteel. ?You seem to be rather . . . tired.?

I opened my eyes and pushed myself out of the co-pilot?s seat. ?You fly the ship, See-Threepio,? I ordered, then turned and headed for the corridor that lead to the starship?s limited medical facilities where I had left Anakin and Padmé.

?Well, I was merely asking a question. You don?t have to react like that. Sometimes I just don?t understand humans,? I heard him respond in a plaintive tone as the door slid shut behind me.

Droids. I knew I would never be able to comprehend Anakin?s affection for them.

I keyed open the door and crossed the small room to Padmé?s side to lay my hand on her shoulder. I just stood there for a moment, staring down at her unconscious form, and felt a wave of sickening, dizzying guilt wash over me. What would have happened if I hadn?t come along with her? Would she have been all right? Anakin loved her, of that I no longer had any doubt, even as the monster he had become.

I had failed him. Failed her. As a Master, as a Jedi, as?

Her eyes fluttered open and focused slowly on me. ?Obi-Wan,? she whispered. ?Obi-Wan, is?is Anakin all right??

I didn?t know how to answer. I touched her cheek with the back of my hand and struggled to find the words, for she deserved an explanation. ?I?? I started, and couldn?t finish the sentence. ?I . . . brought him with us, Padmé, but?I don?t know. I just?don?t know.?

?He?s . . . here?? she asked, and her face changed infinitesimally but completely, as if some tiny spark of light had come back into her eyes. ?Ani?s here?? She turned her head and glanced around the room. Looking for him. ?Where, Obi-Wan? Where?where is he??

I laid both of my hands on her shoulders to soothe her. ?Quiet, Padmé. He is . . . sleeping. In the other room. But . . . he is . . . not well. Physically or mentally. I?? I just couldn?t finish, couldn?t find the wo

5. Anakins_Force

Jun 3, 2005

?He?s . . . here?? she asked, and her face changed infinitesimally but completely, as if some tiny spark of light had come back into her eyes. ?Ani?s here?? She turned her head and glanced around the room. Looking for him. ?Where, Obi-Wan? Where?where is he??

Interesting twist--she is going to hang on now that she know's he's still around. I am feeling sorry for Obi-Wan--he did the right thing by saving Anakin, but he has to be barely hanging on after losing all the other Jedi.

Great update!

6. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    This is a great story, I've got to bookmark this one! :D

7. Farra_Sti

Farra_Sti Jedi Master star 2

Jul 27, 2005
    Great fic so far.

8. Bu-sanda

Bu-sanda Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2005
    I've been reading this great story on another site. I'm so glad that you posted it here -- I just know that everybody will love it. Thank you.

9. light-

light- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    o boy

10. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Okay, this is definately coming into my must read till the end list. I'm loving this. Could you please PM me every time you update? please and thank you.;)

11. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I really loved this story over on ff.n and am so glad you are posting over here. I really love how you've taken Obi-Wan's initial actions and made them seem both logical and compassionate. But now he's got serious problems. He has a Sith lord in major pain, someone who is still very strong in the Force and not afraid to use it or abuse it. Plus Yoda isn't too pleased. Poor guy is caught between those two. I don't envy him at all.

You've done a great setup and you've carried it through wonderfully. I look forward to seeing where you go with this.

12. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    Three

Mustafar?searing, roiling flame against the still darkness of space.

Darth Sidious closed his eyes, drinking in the untamed power of the molten world below him. He could almost taste his success, his ultimate victory. The feeling of it was intoxicating. The Jedi were gone. He had defeated Yoda himself in combat, even if the little Jedi Master had escaped death in the end. He had declared himself dictator for life of the fledgling Empire and had been greeted in the Senate with thunderous applause.

All that remained was to reclaim his new apprentice and consolidate his hold on the galaxy with Lord Vader at his side.

The ship settled down on the landing platform of the planet, and one of his clone troopers came up to Sidious to inform him of the landing. ?Yes, I know,? he replied, brushing off the soldier?s words, and moved to leave the ship for the planet.

Something wasn?t right. The feeling of danger that had brought him here had spiked, red and black in the Force, some time ago. Now it had faded. Now there was?something else, some feeling he couldn?t quite identify. A . . . strange premonition. Vader?s presence seemed strangely faded, far away and difficult to pinpoint through the Force. Sidious closed his eyes and reached out to the darkness around him to get a clearer idea of where his wayward apprentice had gone.

His eyes snapped open and focused on a slope of crumbling shale some distance away and farther down, near one of the rivers of lava that crisscrossed the world. He got a sense of Vader?s presence from the spot, but it was still odd, more like an implanted echo of fierce emotion than the new Dark Lord?s actual signature in the Force. ?Come,? Sidious snapped to the clones. Perhaps there was greater need for haste than he had thought.

His suspicions proved to be correct when he reached the place where the Force led him, the clone troopers following obediently behind. His sense of Vader was strong, but there was no trace of the boy himself.

Sidious closed his eyes again and stretched out his hand over the crumbling bank of rock, reaching out to the Force to strengthen his perceptions of the events that had taken place here what couldn?t have been too long ago. He felt great emotion here. Anger, hatred, pain, terror, desperation, sorrow, guilt?whatever had happened would be simple to trace through the Force.

A wavering image formed before his eyes?that tenacious pest of a Jedi Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, stood with his feet firmly planted on the slope of crumbling shale, facing down Vader, who stood on a repulsorlift platform floating above the flow of lava, seething with rage. Sidious?s lips curved in a smile of cruel approval as he felt the boy?s fury through the Force. With training to focus and shape that anger, Vader would become a powerful Sith indeed?the perfect apprentice he had long searched for.

As Sidious watched the memory of the emotions that still lingered in the Force, Vader flung himself forward at Kenobi, raising his lightsaber in a reckless swing meant to separate Kenobi?s head from his shoulders. The Jedi Master spun away in a quick dodge and brought his own saber down in a slash to his opponent?s legs.

Sidious could feel Vader?s pain echoing through the Force even now. With one leg severed at the knee, he lost his balance and tumbled down the rocky slope on his side in an uncontrolled freefall. He caught himself precariously halfway down by digging his real hand into the gravel above him and hung there for a moment, staring up at Kenobi. The agony of betrayal resonated from both men as they stared at each other. Surges of pain, rage, hate, indescribable loss twisted the Force.

And then Vader opened his hand and let go, letting his head drop as he rolled down the slope to the lava river. In the last moment before he toppled into the roiling magma, a desperate plea for help reverberated down the bond he had shared with the other Jedi. Kenobi dropped to his knees and flung out a hand to catch him with the Force just inches from the molten river.
    Sidious?s

13. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Loving this. I can't wait till we get up to where the one at ff.net is at!

14. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    Four

?Stay with the ship,? I ordered distractedly. Battling with the ache solidifying into a solid, throbbing mass of pain centered in my forehead was making it hard to focus.

?But, Master Obi-Wan, surely?? the golden droid started, but I was teetering on the edge of true physical and emotional collapse and simply couldn?t deal with the endless, pointless blathering today.

?Stay. With. The. Ship.? I bit the words out one by one and turned away from Threepio without bothering to see how he?d react. I heard the slight whirring and clanking as he made his way back up the ramp and gave a sigh of relief to realize that he?d decided to obey me after all as I started toward the tiny medical facility in an exhausted sort of haze. Anakin and Padmé had already been rushed there, as soon as we?d landed and I?d convinced the overzealous port authority that I really was Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi, the Negotiator, hero of . . . well, whatever battles I was considered a hero of now. Obviously they hadn?t gotten the news from Coruscant yet that Jedi were traitors and to be disposed of immediately. I wondered what I would do if?when?they did as that slow, dull pain from my heart spread all through me again at the thought, and then dismissed those thoughts as useless. Keep your attention here and now where it belongs . . . .

It was fortunate the medical center wasn?t far from the starport. I doubt I would have made it there otherwise, and the last thing we needed was to have me lying passed out in the street.

Force, I was tired.

The medical center was blur of activity to my unfocused eyes as I made my way through it. The day had been the most utterly exhausting of my life, and I felt as though I could barely put one foot in front of the other. But I was still General Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Master, and I still had things to do before I let myself rest.

I nearly ran into a small, blue-jumpsuited Healer in the hall because I hadn?t seen her behind the medical droid I was following and my reflexes and senses were dulled enough by weariness to slow my reaction times down by quite a bit. ?I?m sorry,? I managed as I caught myself.

?That?s all right.? She looked and sounded as deadened and exhausted as I felt. She looked at me with eyes that were blank with tiredness. ?General Kenobi,? she said in a tone of dull recognition, then heaved a deep sigh. ?Well, Senator Amidala?s doing all right now. We decided to put her in obstetrics because she?s stabilized enough not to warrant intensive care.?

I closed my eyes, nearly staggering as a wave of unadulterated relief washed over me, leaving me weak and shaking in its wake. Thank the Force. I would never have forgiven myself if Padmé had died because of my folly. I didn?t even want to think about what her death would have done to Anakin.

A small hand on my arm, shaking me slightly, brought me back to myself. The medic?s tired eyes were looking at me with quite a bit more life than they had shown earlier, and I noticed vaguely that they were blue. A clear, limpid blue-gray like the light of an early morning over the waterfalls on Naboo.

Force, now I was waxing poetic about someone?s eyes. What was wrong with me?

?General Kenobi,? she said, her voice much firmer now, ?You need medical care.?

I shook her off. ?It?s nothing; I?m just tired. Can I see her??

The medic?s small mouth set into an unhappy, disapproving line. ?I suppose. Besides, you are a Jedi. I?m sure you?ll go ahead and do whatever you want no matter what I say.?

The bizarre comment caught my attention, mainly because the words and the amount of bitterness in the voice behind them surprised the Force out of me. ?Uh?what?? I said intelligently. Good job, Kenobi?show her that Jedi are foggy-headed Kowakian monkey-lizards without two thoughts to string together, like you are right now.

?It?s nothing,? she said quickly. ?Forget it. Get some rest, all right? Exhausting yourself into collapse isn?t going to do anyone any good, least of all Senator Amidala and General Skywalker.?

General

15. Dahlia_Santary

Jul 15, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek: Darn! This is getting seriously cool. You must hurry with the next update!;)

16. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I'm trying to read this the same time as watching ROTS so you can guess that I've missed some but I will come back and read it through again. But I agree more soon please.

17. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Great set of posts.

I read this at ff.net, but it's much easier to post feedback here.

I'm glad Obi-Wan can sense that Anakin is currently being tormented by Palpatine. Otherwise, he'd be a much more docile patient. He should have the medics give Anakin very heavy sedation for the time being. (Anakin's injuries are severe enough that he medically would warrant it).

Very nice touches on the ship how Obi-Wan is worried about infection on the burned areas and took precautions to clean his hands. However, he did make a first-aid error in trying to remove the burned clothing. Yes, they would present a serious infection risk if left there, but that's something that should really be left to the medical professionals to do. (As I recall from the first aid course I took, the best thing Obi-Wan could have done was to keep Anakin covered and elevate his legs -or what's left of them- above his head so he wouldn't go into shock). I'm guessing the ship didn't have anything Obi-Wan could have used to sedate Anakin, or anything for fluid replenishment (IV equipment) since -as you pointed out- fluid loss is always a very serious complication in burn injuries.

I'm guessing once Anakin is stable enough to be placed in bacta, he should be alright. (Physically, at least.) In ROTS, I got the impression Palpatine didn't care about actually treating Anakin for an actual recovery (i.e. he wasn't put in bacta, or anything like that). He was just placed in the suit, where he would be subservient to the Emperor.

Can't wait for the next post.

Great job so far,

18. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Loving this over at ff.net and loving it here as well!!

Your writing flows so easily - and you have Obi-wan down pat! Can't wait to see what's coming next. Whatever it is, I know it's going to be wonderful!!! [face_dancing]

19. Anakins_Force

Jun 3, 2005

I closed my eyes, nearly staggering as a wave of unadulterated relief washed over me, leaving me weak and shaking in its wake. Thank the Force. I would never have forgiven myself if Padmé had died because of my folly. I didn?t even want to think about what her death would have done to Anakin.

Now Anakin still has something to live for--he has his wife and children, and he has Obi-Wan who still loves him. Great update.

20. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    I realized I haven't responded to my reviewers yet, so here goes.

To Anakins_Force: Exactly what I wanted Obi-Wan to do, hence this fic.

To astarael: So glad you like it!

To Anakins_Force (again): I got the impression from the movie that Padme died because she just gave up after losing Anakin. So in this fic, because she still has hope, she lives . . . poor Obi. I wonder if he felt the deaths of the Jedi through the Force like Yoda. Either way, just barely hanging on is a good way to describe it.

To rhonderoo: I'm so glad you think so!

To Farra_Sti: There's always more on Fanfiction.net.

To Bu-sanda: I'm so happy you think so. Since I've been participating in some of the forums over here, I thought--why not?

To light: oh boy yourself. I couldn't agree more.

To Dahlia_Sanctuary: Of course! I'm so happy you like it! Kind of repetitive, but true nonetheless. Every single person who likes my work makes me feel like dancing (and freaking my roommate out)!

To dianethx: Yeah, Obi is rather . . . caught. I didn't want to make things too easy. It's a difficult situation, after all, and Obi-Wan is kind of in the middle of it all, not detached enough to be on Yoda's side, too light to be on Anakin's.

To astarael: Yeah, I agree! but that might take some time

To Dahlia_Sanctuary: Hurrying!

To Jeditheskyisblue: Hmmmm. RotS . . . hmmmm. I'll get mine tomorrow--my parents are sending it me in the mail. Aren't they nice?

To TorontoJediMaster:
    I'm glad that came across well. I wasn't sure about how clear the Palpatine connection was. And I do have Anakin heavily sedated--though sedating a Force-sensitive person enough to keep them under always struck me as a rather chancy proposition. Since Anakin is the Chosen One, I thought he'd be even more in tune with the Force than most and so even the drugs sometimes have trouble keeping him out. Uh . . . yeah, I tried to do some research about burns, but I guess I missed a few things. We'll just say Obi-Wan skipped that day of first aid during Padawan training . . . or whatever . . . . I agree with you about Palpatine. Surely they could have done more to heal Anakin/Vader if they really wanted to. I wonder if he knows that.
    Was bacta used frequently during the prequels, though? I'm not sure. There aren't any references in the movies, but I don't know about the EU. The MedStar novels probably deal with it, if any, but I haven't read them.
    I'm glad you like it!

To VA_Parky: Pleased you like Obi-Wan's characterization. It's been a little difficult at times, but I think I'm pretty decent at him, really.

To Anakins_Force: Exactly.

21. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    Five

Lightsabers flash in the dark. Blue, green, red, blue, green, red?watch yourself, Anakin, Dooku is a skilled opponent?look out, your side?s open?block now?

A different scene, the Jedi Temple, blue lightsaber glows against blue as we spar?Anakin?s right side is still weak, slower than the other?he isn?t used yet to using the mechanical hand, and it worries me, especially as we are at war now and will all need to be at the peak of our abilities?

?General Kenobi??

?General Kenobi?? Anakin?s voice is a mixture of mischievous, teasing amusement and impressed respect. ?So you?re a general, huh??

I shrug . . . ?Senator Organa seemed to think it was necessary.?

Anakin grins at the long-suffering note in my voice. ?Don?t look at me, Master. I just said you were a fair pilot . . . .?

?Fair?? I raise my eyebrows.

?You don?t like flying, remember?? he teases in response.

?General Kenobi?? Something?someone?was shaking me.

Explosions detonate in space all around me, shaking my small fighter as I struggle to stay on Anakin?s wing. He really is the best starfighter pilot in the galaxy, and I am hard pressed to keep up with him, even as I share his very thoughts.

?General Kenobi, can you wake up a little?? The gentle hand was so warm on my shoulder.

I wanted to sleep.

?Obi-Wan, wake up you must.?

That scratchy voice got through to me, and reflexive obedience, long-ingrained, forced my head up even as I blinked the combination of sleep and memories out of my eyes. The small form of Master Yoda and the soothing gray and blue shades of the corridor outside Anakin?s room swam into focus in front of me. ?Master?? I croaked groggily.

?Sorry to wake you, I am,? he said in one of his more gentle tones, one that meant he really was sorry to wake me. The female medic from earlier was glowering at me and Yoda both as she gave me a hand to help me pull myself into a sitting position on the low bench I had collapsed onto to wait, but she didn?t say anything.

I shook my head, awareness already filtering back through my sleep-mazed mind as I leaned forward, resting my elbows on my knees. ?No,? I said. ?No, Master Yoda, it?s fine.? I could feel a slight flush of shame color my cheeks beneath my beard. ?I did not intend??

?Falling asleep on the job, eh, Kenobi??

My gaze rose at the sound of the unfamiliar voice to focus on a man standing over me, dressed in a gray military uniform I recognized as Alderaanian, one of the variety those in the service of Senator Organa customarily wore. He was about a decade younger than I, tall and muscular, with military-straight posture, precisely groomed brown hair, piercing blue eyes, rugged, clean-shaven features, and a rather self-satisfied grin curving his lips. It was wrong of me and I knew it, but I disliked him on sight.

The female medic?it occurred to me that I still didn?t know her name?laid a protective hand on my shoulder. ?Ease up, Commander,? she said. ?General Kenobi?s had a busy day.?

I shook my head as I got to my feet, letting my breath out in a hiss as my exhausted muscles stiffened and complained. My body ached like that of an old man. ?No, it?s all right. Sorry?I don?t believe we?ve met?? I felt like saying something more along the lines of, ?What the Sith are you doing here? I thought Senator Organa was coming!? but I managed to refrain.

The man?s voice was so full of military precision that he might as well have been tossing me a salute. ?Commander Aerdin Onasi, formally of the Telos Defense Force, now serving Senator Bail Organa and Alderaan. And you are Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi.?

Well, there was no denying that. I bowed slightly. ?I am. It is a pleasure to meet you, Commander Onasi.? I was lying through my teeth, but even a Jedi Master can?t tell the truth all the time. With the pleasantries out of the way, I turned to Yoda. ?How did you get here so quickly, Master? I thought it would take you some time to reach us.?

?Fast, Commander Onasi?s ship is,? Yoda said. ?And vital speed

22. Anakins_Force

Jun 3, 2005

I took a deep breath. ?It has come to my attention recently . . . that Anakin and Senator Amidala were secretly married some time ago. She . . . is carrying his children, Master.?

?Married, you say?? Yoda said, surprise in his voice, and I nodded.

?Yes, Master.?

He looked down at the floor, tapping his cane thoughtfully against it. ?Children,? he mused. ?Interesting this is, Obi-Wan. Protect these children, we must.? He looked up at me again. ?Even if from their father, it must be.?

I nodded, swallowing hard, but it was something I had already considered. ?Yes, Master.?

Interesting...Yoda--you're not going to have any say in what happens to the children with Padme still alive. Great update.

23. Dahlia_Santary

Jul 15, 2005
    Oh...This is getting better and better with every update. I'm curious to see why the healer has that kind of attitude towards the jedi.

great update...can't wait for more!

24. light-

light- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    â??Stay . . . away from me!â?? he snarled. The respirator wheezed as he struggled for breath. â??You . . . did this to me! I hate you!â??

sheesh, hes kinda grumpy...

The words felt like a lightsaber stabbing me through the heart, and I stopped, frozen where I stood by the venom in the way heâ??d hurled them at me. â??You were my brother, Anakin,â?? I murmured, feeling broken and utterly lost. â??I loved you.â?? :_|

as i said before...o boy

25. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Good post. Yoda seemed surprised that they were actually married, but I suspect he had an idea something was going on. (He probably thought they were just sleeping together, or something). Right now, Yoda seems on the fence about Obi-Wan's actions. He recognizes the danger bringing Anakin here had caused, but at the same time he realizes that there's still a chance to bring Anakin back to the Light Side and Obi-Wan was correct to take it. At the moment, he's quite correct to put the highest priority on protecting the babies.

I don't know of any reference being made to bacta in the movies. However, I believe that it was dealt with in the Jedi Apprentice series. (Supposedly Obi-Wan was a frequent guest of the Temple healers and practically had his own personal bacta tank as he was in it so often).

In Anakin's case, bacta would totally heal his burns with almost no -if any- scarring. However, I suspect he would need to be more stable before he's placed in the tank. Plus, as I understand it, the more serious the injury, the more treatments are required. Anakin would likely need a number of sessions due to the severity and extensiveness of his burns. Once he stabilizes and calms down, he should be able to be placed into the bacta.

Am I the only one who's figuring that the healer and Obi-Wan are going to end up together? They already seem to have connected. Plus, I believe even Yoda realizes the old Code is obsolete now. If they have to move Anakin and Padme before Palpatine arrives, maybe she'll come along as they would still need some trained medical personnel along.

It's a shame Yoda doesn't have any ysalmiri. They would be able to shield Anakin's presence in the medical centre until he's able to be moved.

Can't wait for the next post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.