main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Resolution Between Shadows and Light--RotS AU, Updated 6/28!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SakuraTsukikage, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Author's Notes:

To Anakins_Force: Yeah, for sure. The question is, does Yoda know that? Probably not . . . .

To Dahlia_Sanctuary: Glad you think so! As for why she has that attitude . . . . hmmm, it's a secret. But you'll find out sooner or later.

To light: I'd be kinda grumpy too if I'd caught on fire and had a limb chopped off, even I weren't a Sith Lord with attitude problems! Oh boy is right . . . .

To TorontoJediMaster: Yeah, I'm pretty sure he had an idea that something was going on. I mean he is almost nine hundred years old, and he's not totally oblivious. (Can't you just see it--"An affair you may have, but married you must not be!") He's supposed to be sort of sort of on the fence at the moment, so I'm glad that came across. And, as always, Yoda has his eye on the big picture . . . . Ah, yes, I remember something up that in JA now . . . poor Obi-Wan . . . so officially bacta is a prequel thing. Yeah, I was thinking Anakin would have to be more stable before they did anything one way or the other. No scarring is definitely a plus. And if it was one treatment for frostbite and hypothermia, I'm thinking probably several for severe burns and their complications. As for the Healer and Obi-Wan . . . well, yeah, they definitely have a connection, I'd say. I was actually rather surprised by their chemistry, as it were, but I decided to run with it. She turned out to be an interesting character. As for ysalamiri--wasn't Thrawn the first one to figure out how to use those off of Myrkr? Still, an interesting idea . . . . hmmmmm.

Six

?General Kenobi??

I looked up from Anakin?s unconscious form toward the girl medic.

She set her hands on her hips, and I winced as I felt another lecture coming on. ?Do you realize that you?re wavering on your feet even as you stand there? You?re positively gray with exhaustion, General. Every time I look at you I?m surprised you haven?t collapsed from it yet.?

I shook my head, looking back at Anakin. ?It doesn?t matter. I?m fine.?

She glared at me. ?Do they teach all Jedi to be this self-sacrificing, or is it just you, Kenobi??

?There are more important things to worry about right now, Healer Risto.?

?You need rest!? she snapped, eyes flashing blue fire. ?I don?t care if there are more important things to worry about. I?m a Healer, and I?m concerned about the health of someone under my supervision. That?s what I do. Do you think I want another patient on my hands? As if I didn?t have enough to deal with already. Stars? end! I?ll sedate you if there?s no other way to get you to rest, General Kenobi.?

?No need for such drastic measures,? I assured her. ?I?ll get some rest soon enough.?

?When? Once you collapse at my feet??

?Hopefully before then,? I replied, bracing myself against the wall again. She was right; I couldn?t remember ever feeling so tired, and the desire to lean back and close my eyes?just for a moment?was almost unbearable.

?I?ll keep an eye on him if you want to get some rest,? she said, more gently. ?There?s no reason for you to stay??

?Master Yoda told me to stay with him,? I interrupted wearily.

?I can do that,? she said. ?Really. I am a qualified Healer, you know.?

I took a deep, long breath and reminded myself that she was only trying to help me. ?I need to stay,? I said softly, looking down at Anakin?s prone form. I couldn?t leave him. What if he needed me?

I had already failed to be there for him when he needed me. I couldn?t abandon him again. I laid my hand against the back of Anakin?s neck as gently as I could, not wanting to hurt him but feeling that I needed to reach out to him somehow. His neck was one of the least badly burned parts of his skin I could see, and so seemed relatively safe to touch. His presence was dull and fogged, distanced from me and the rest of the galaxy by the drugs they had given him. Even the physical contact didn?t strengthen our connection much, but I didn?t want to take my hand away.

At least he wasn?t awake to curse at me, to remin

2. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Oh, good post.

We're seeing some of Anakin re-emerge, fighting against Darth Vader. I suspect that it might be due to the drugs that he was given which can dull Force senses. It likely would weaken his connection the Dark Side as well as Palpatine's control over him.

Obi-Wan looks totally done in. The healer -what's her first name anyway- should go to Yoda and explain how badly Obi-Wan needs to get some sleep. I'm sure all it would take is Yoda telling Obi-Wan he should rest and then he'd feel free to do so. Maybe they could bring a cot in for Obi-Wan, or at least a reclining chair so he could stay with Anakin and still get some sleep. (I presume there's some type of sterilization field around Anakin to prevent infection, as that's the most common complication from severe burns).

I wonder if Obi-Wan heard those thoughts of Anakin's. If he did, it would at least help him realize why Anakin felt he had to turn to the Dark Side. It'll let him realize that it wasn't his fault. Palpatine had been playing them for years. He'd been doing a mind-job on Anakin since he was nine years old (something I'm sure Obi-Wan now sees with hindsight), and the rigidity of the Jedi Code made it all the easier. It's a lesson not only for Obi-Wan now, but a warning for future Jedi as they rebuild the Order. As for Yoda, he's probably wrestling with what he'd been taught by his own masters centuries before ("Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...") against the facts that are before him and what Obi-Wan is telling him. It's hard to shake off long-held beliefs, but Yoda isn't blind to what's in front of him. Once he sees that Anakin is truly back from the Dark Side, I'm certain he'll do his best to help him. (In the novelization of ROTS, it's around this time that Yoda is meditating where he's blaming his own rigidity for the fall of the Jedi. He now realizes they should have changed before, when they had the chance.). How much will the shift in Yoda's paradigms affect his actions here?

Can't wait for the next post.

BTW, I think they shouldn't let Padme in the room just yet. They should wait until he's more stable (mentally and physically). His current condition would be too much of a shock for her. Maybe it'd be better until he's had a few bacta treatments.

3. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    "Was bacta used frequently during the prequels, though? I'm not sure. There aren't any references in the movies, but I don't know about the EU. The MedStar novels probably deal with it, if any, but I haven't read them."

Before I comment on your great fic, SakuraTsukikage, I wanted to give you some information about Bacta. When Luke was attacked by the Wampa Ice Creature in ESB, he was placed in a Bacta Tank. While it isn't called Bacta in the movie, it is named in the novel. Bacta is referred to in every genre of the SW universe, from comics to JA, JQ, MedStar, and the New Jedi Order. Thank you George, for your great SW invention! Wish it was real! ;)

I just found this, and had to stay up and read it! What a unique look at how things might have gone! [face_dancing]

The rest of her examination passed quickly enough, though every minute I spent with her cool, professional touch skimming over my skin my blush deepened until my face felt positively radioactive. She smiled a little when she pulled away, and I ducked my head, humiliated by the embarrassment that had caused me.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] "...my face felt possitively radioactive." Now that I'd love to see! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Yes, I think she has a thing for the General... [face_love]

?It?s never too late, Anakin,? he whispered.

Those words unleashed a flood somewhere within Anakin-Vader?s heart as if a dam had splintered into a thousand pieces. ?Never too late?? he choked. ?Never too late? It was too late for mom, wasn?t it? It was too late for Qui-Gon!? That part of him that gloried in his newfound power felt a surge of satisfaction at seeing the raw pain flash across Obi-Wan?s features. ?And it?s . . . too late for . . . me!?

...The last thing Darth Vader wanted was for Obi-Wan Kenobi to see him cry.

If Anakin is seeing himself as Vader, and "glorying in his newfound power", I don't think the danger has passed. Obi-Wan and Yoda had better be very careful around him,and I certainly wouldn't want Padme' to see him in this condition. He thought she had betrayed him in the movie, and as far as I can tell, you have followed it until Vader is saved. He might even blame her for his condition, believing she had brought Obi-Wan with her.

Sidious thinks he can find his Apprentice... [face_thinking]

If he does, will Vader rejoin him? He isn't in any shape to do much at the moment, is he... :(

Can't wait to see where this goes next! :D

4. light-

light- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    She set her hands on her hips, and I winced as I felt another lecture coming on.[face_laugh]

?Believe me?you?ve got nothing to be embarrassed over.? << haha neither does ewan ;)

That?s right! Anakin wanted to scream. You failed me?you weren?t there when I needed you, you hid the power of the Jedi from me when I needed it to save Padmé, you held me back and kept me from reaching my full potential, potential I could have used to save mom, save Padmé, save?all you cared about was the kriffing Council and what they kriffing wanted and I was never kriffing good enough, I never measured up, never competed with that?and . . . and all I wanted . . . was to make you notice me . . . make you . . . proud of me . . . . But in the end, I failed you. And why are you still saying it was you, you IDIOT! i loved that so much!!!!!!

5. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Star_Drifter told me about this and...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

This is wonderful!!! You capture their emotion so well. I love the fact that even though Obi-Wan saved Anakin, Anakin is still a Sith, still filled with darkness and anger.

This is really one of the best ROTS AU's I have ever read. It is amazing.

Could you please PM me when you update? [face_praying]

Thank you! [:D]

Ani-maniac

6. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005

To TorontoJedi Master: I love the fact that you leave such long reviews! :) As to Anakin reemerging, exactly. That was how I thought of it. I remember something (in Rogue Planet, maybe?) about Anakin not liking to meditate because he felt the Force so keenly, and something in one of the Jedi Quest books about him kind of wanting the Force to be turned off for a while since it runs through him so intensely all the time. I kind of felt that if his connection to the Force was dimmed it would help him actually think about things, instead of being Action Anakin, as usual, and hopefully distance him from the dark side's hold over him. The dark side strikes me as being kind of like a drug--the more you use it, the easier it gets--and not being able to tap into it might help him start to rebalance his emotions. Yeah, Obi-Wan is . . . done in, a good way of putting it. When I was watching RotS I just felt so bad for him near the end--he seemed so tired and worn down by everything (from Grievous on). But he does finally get some sleep in this next post. And about the sterilization field--yeah, I was assuming something of the sort as well. Unfortunately, Obi didn't "overhear" much of Anakin's thoughts, though he got a bit of an idea. Can't make things too easy, after all, and Ani's sense in the Force is pretty dull right now. Good description of how things are for Yoda right now, I think. And I think the shift in his paradigms will affect his actions quite a bit.

To Star_Drifter: Thanks for the bacta info. It'll be making an appearance sooner or later, I think. And heh heh, so would I. She definitely has a thing for him, I think . . . . And yeah, I am following the movies right up until Obi-Wan saves Anakin. The danger definitely has not passed--Anakin is still very "Vaderish" at the moment.

To light: Ewan certainly does not! =P~ And I like that part, too. It's one of my favorites, actually.

To Ani-maniac: Yay! I'm so glad you liked it! :) My main idea for writing the story was to explore what might realistically happened if Obi-Wan saved Anakin right at that moment--and to explore what it would really take to turn Anakin back from the Dark Side right then, at that time in the story. I'm glad you like it. And thanks so much for your compliments! [face_blush]

Seven

I felt as if my heart had been scraped raw and my emotions were bubbling right there, next to the surface, ready to boil over with the slightest provocation. It wasn?t a feeling I was used to, I who prided myself on my control. I?d faced down countless enemies without so much as breaking a sweat, stared death in the face without so much as trembling, but now it felt as if one wrong word would turn me into a quivering heap of emotional wreckage. It was all I could do to keep myself from breaking down after Anakin turned away from me, shutting me out as clearly as if a wall had slammed down between us.

But I was Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Knight and Master. I didn?t break down and cry. No matter how much it hurt.

I was leaving Anakin?s room when Onasi found me. ?General Kenobi?? he said in that clipped military tone.

?Yes, Commander?? I replied wearily, somehow managing to straighten my shoulders and look him steadily in the eyes. He was taller than me, and that irritated me, I admit, even though I knew the sentiment was entirely unworthy of a Jedi Master.

?I was hoping to speak with you,? he said.

I knew I stiffened at that, but I made an effort to be civil, at least. I had absolutely no idea why this man irritated me so much, but there was no reason to be rude. ?Very well,? I said, and my tone was short even though I was struggling to be polite. I searched for some safe topic of conversation, something that we could possibly have in common, as I followed him away from the medical room to the patient lounge at the end of the hall. Finally, I hit upon a possibility, just as our silence was beginning to become even more uncomfortable than it had been before. ?You aren?t by any chance

7. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005

?Commander,? I said, pushing myself away from the wall. ?You?ll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own points of view.?

Glad to see classic Obi-Wan here.

?I think that can wait for later,? Qui-Gon said meditatively. ?Listen, my Padawan. You are a wise man. I once told you that you were a much wiser man than I, and to that I still hold. You simply need to learn not to doubt yourself. Commander Onasi speaks from the knowledge of military life, but you and Anakin do not come from military life?you are Jedi.?

And I loved it when Qui-Gon came to comfort/reassure Obi-Wan. It has to be very taxing for him to keep defending Anakin, and protecting him. Obi-Wan has just lost everything he loves and he's still trying to do the right thing.

Great update.

8. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Good ol' Qui-Gon. A chat with him was exactly what Ob-Wan needed.

9. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Good post, once more.

Loved Obi-Wan's conversation with Onasi. We see some of his classic lines there, about how truth can depend on a "point of view". LOL, I wonder what Obi-Wan was like in Temple philosophy classes when he was a padawan? Did that belief get him into debates?

I thought Qui-Gon's question about what's bothering Obi-Wan to be HIGHLY rhetorical. Obi-Wan should have responded with "What's bothering me? Hmmmm. Let me see: my padawan and best friend has fallen to the Dark Side and helped wipe out the Jedi Temple. He and I spent a prolonged time attempting to kill one another, whereupon he was maimed by me, then severely burned. The entire Order excepting those of us here has been -as far as I know- eradicated. The Sith Lord who's been under our noses for almost fifteen years has declared the Republic is now an Empire. I've been blown off the side of a cliff face by my own clone troopers. Padme is about to give birth to potentially an even stronger Jedi than Anakin. I have a trigger happy officer who thinks he knows better on dealing with the Dark Side. The healer here is nagging me constantly to have dinner and go to bed...yet she's still causing me to have these strange stirring around where my lightsaber hangs. I haven't slept in almost a week and I'm half-worried you're a hallucination brought on by stress. What's troubling me?! What's NOT troubling me?!?!" :D

Seriously though, the visit from Qui-Gon seemed to be just the right bit of medicine that Obi-Wan needed. BTW, was Obi-Wan sleeping or awake when Qui-Gon was there? The italics lead me to believe Obi-Wan was asleep at the time. It makes sense, as both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are new to this type of communication. I would think Qui-Gon would try to contact Obi-Wan when he's asleep and his concious defences are not up and alerted. It would make it easier for both of them to communicate until they get more practice. (Perhaps Qui-Gon still hasn't figured out just how to appear to a concious individual yet and is appearing that way until he figures it out).

Now, I think Qui-Gon could also benefit Anakin. He could tell him that Palpatine was lying to him and that the Dark Side offers no way to prevent death. Indeed, it feeds off of death. Plus, it would probably settle Anakin's mind and help him rest.

Yes, Anakin is still in a dangerous place. He's fighting against the Dark Side within him. I've always seen the Dark Side that way myself -it's an addicting drug that doesn't let you out of its hold easily. I think Yoda and Obi-Wan need to find a way to help calm Anakin until he's able to fight off the Dark Side on his own. One way might be to tell him that Padme will live...without the help of Sidious. That was his main reason for giving himself over to the Sith. If he sees that isn't necessary after all, he may realize that everything he was told by Palpatine was a lie and thus allow him to shake off the influence easier. Of course, once he does turn away he'll need some serious emotional counselling over what he's done.

Right now though, the best thing is to keep him sedated and suppress his Force abilities until he comes to his senses and/or is stable enough to be moved to another location in case they have been tracked by the Emperor.

As for Yoda, he's already been talking with Qui-Gon, maybe that will help him decide on helping Anakin.

With Obi-Wan, the visit from Qui-Gon did help. Now, what Obi-Wan needs is a hot shower, some food and about eighteen hours of sleep. I suspect if he gets those he'll find his mind much more sharply focused and able to deal with the problems they're facing. (Seriously, I think he just needs to turn himself off to recharge for a bit).

10. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    I seriously can't get enough of this story. The Obi-Qui reunion was touching. And for some reason I just can't stand that Commander. What's with him anyway?

Thax for the PM and please keep them coming;).

11. Ani-maniac

Jul 5, 2005
    If what Yoda tells me is true, that thing lying on the bed in there??

?Don?t call him that.? Even I was surprised at the venom in my tone.

He actually looked genuinely blank. ?What??

?That thing, as if he isn?t even?? I took a deep, shaking breath ??as if he isn?t even a person anymore.?

I loved this post! It is wonderful to see Obi-Wan defending Anakin... and the scene with Qui-Gon was wonderfully done. You captured Qui-Gon perfectly. :)

Amazing work, I can't wait for the next part!

And thank you so much for the PM. [:D]

Ani-maniac

12. light-

Oct 8, 2005
    â??You arenâ??t by any chance related to Admiral Carth Onasi, are you?â?? I asked.

ohh... from knights of the old republic!! thats awesome

Do you have any idea what youâ??re risking, Kenobi?â?? he demanded in a tone so harsh it made even me wince. â??What are you playing at? If what Yoda tells me is true, that thing lying on the bed in thereâ??â??

â??Donâ??t call him that.â?? Even I was surprised at the venom in my tone.

sheesh .. hes callin anakin a thing? how rude!

â??Commander,â?? I said, pushing myself away from the wall. â??Youâ??ll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own points of view.â??

I still donâ??t know where that came from. But it shut Onasi up, and as I walked past him he was still staring blankly at me.

in his face! he does remind me of carth onasi .. i love obi wan in this story

13. LovedAnakin

LovedAnakin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Hi! I am glad to see you are posting this story here. I love this story so much.
    [face_peace]
    LovedAnakin- A.K.A -Mrs. A. Skywalker

14. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Oh my... SakuraTsukikage, this is an excellent story! The emotions are so real and well-thought out! Awesome job!

*hugs Obi-Wan* He just never catches a break, does he? But I am glad he is holding to the hope that Anakin Skywalker is still inside, fighting against Darth Vader to get out. And this recent visit from Qui-Gon - *pauses to hug her favorite Jedi* - will hopefully only give him more confidence.

What does this Onasi guy want? He seems so bitter about the Jedi, just like Healer Risto, and yet he thinks he has the insight to intervene in on the matter of whether or not Anakin Skywalker is still there. *eyes Onasi suspiciously*

What's happening with Padmé, out of curiosity? She hasn't gone into labor yet, has she? Will her presence be enough to help Anakin if he were to see that she was still there?

Again, this has been a ton of fun to read! Can't wait for more! :) :D

AQ

15. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    To Anakin's Force: I just couldn't resist . . . . Classic Obi-Wan is so awesome. Just like PT Obi-Wan--:D And Obi-Wan needed something. Qui-Gon was the one thing that could anchor him at that moment--and so of course Qui-Gon showed up. Gotta love it when that happens.

To astarael: For sure.

To Toronto Jedi Master: Yes! Another long review . . . this one's even longer! :) You like that conversation? I like it too. Nice to see Obi lay on the smack down, eh? I'm sure Obi-Wan found philosophy clas very . . . interesting. Indeed, it was highly rhetorical. Just Qui-Gon's way of getting Obi to start talking.

"What's bothering me? Hmmmm. Let me see: my padawan and best friend has fallen to the Dark Side and helped wipe out the Jedi Temple. He and I spent a prolonged time attempting to kill one another, whereupon he was maimed by me, then severely burned. The entire Order excepting those of us here has been -as far as I know- eradicated. The Sith Lord who's been under our noses for almost fifteen years has declared the Republic is now an Empire. I've been blown off the side of a cliff face by my own clone troopers. Padme is about to give birth to potentially an even stronger Jedi than Anakin. I have a trigger happy officer who thinks he knows better on dealing with the Dark Side. The healer here is nagging me constantly to have dinner and go to bed...yet she's still causing me to have these strange stirring around where my lightsaber hangs. I haven't slept in almost a week and I'm half-worried you're a hallucination brought on by stress. What's troubling me?! What's NOT troubling me?!?!"

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh, Force so so so funny. And so true. I especially loved the healer part and the hallucination part . . . and oh, well, I just loved all of it. I think my roommate thinks I'm little odd now for laughing out loud at my computer screen. And I'm glad you thought Qui-Gon's visit was just what Obi needed, that was what I wanted to get across. And Obi-Wan was supposed to be sleeping, indeed. Perhaps I should make that clearer? My thoughts were exactly what you say on the appearing while sleeping as opposed to waking thing. I'm glad someone's following . . . . Excellent point about Qui-Gon and Anakin. Excellent indeed!!! All sorts of new ideas forming (though you probably won't see them for a while, if you want to check out FF.net). I'm not even thinking about the emotional counseling yet. Poor Anakin . . . . I agree with you about right now.

To Dahlia_Santary: Yeah, Onasi's not supposed to be your favorite guy. I'm so glad you liked it! [face_blush]

To Ani-maniac: It makes me so happy to hear that, because I had so much trouble with Qui-Gon. I had to lurk on the Qui-Gon discussion thread for a while before I felt ready . . . . And but of course. The PMs are my pleasure.

To light: I love Knights of the Old Republic . . . . Tee hee. Or as Jar Jar would say "how wude!" Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. Take that Onasi! Carth's not that bad (in fact, I quite like him) but Aerdin Onasi has certainly inherited a lot from his ancestor. I'm glad you love Obi the way I write him. In fact, it makes me so happy--:). I love him too!!!

To LovedAnakin Aha! Mrs. A. Skywalker! Thanks so much! I'm glad to see you!

To AngelQueen: Thanks. [face_blush] I'm glad you think so. Obi-Wan definitely needed a few hugs. And, ah, Onasi--he has issues. Um . . . can't elaborate . . . Padme is appearing in the next post, don't worry!

16. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    Eight

There was someone else in the room with him. They had increased the dosage of the drugs they were pumping into his system, so Anakin wasn?t clear on who it was, but he could feel the presence even though the fuzziness blanketing everything, suppressing his awareness of the connecting power that was as much a part of him as breath. He didn?t think it was Obi-Wan. It felt different, but trying to discern how it felt different made his head ache and his thoughts go skittering off to separate corners of his brain so Anakin gave up on it.

The awareness brought him out of a dull, drugged sleep, and Anakin wondered hazily if the other person was going to bother to do anything. Nothing seemed quite real at the moment, and he didn?t mind that. If nothing was real, than he didn?t have to struggle with anything, didn?t have to hold onto anything . . . if nothing was real, than nothing he did or had done mattered.

?Skywalker,? came an unfamiliar voice, and Anakin?s eyes fluttered slowly open at the sound of it in a vague desire to connect that voice to a body. A tall figure dressed in gray swam in front of him, and he blinked tiredly to clear his vision. It didn?t work. ?I hear you are calling yourself Vader these days.?

Anakin tried to wet his lips, to speak, but his mouth was dry and his tongue felt too thick. ?I?? he croaked, uncertain of what he was going to say. ?I?? He didn?t have the strength to force out another word. He wasn?t sure who this man was or what he wanted from him, and with the fuzzy blanket of nothingness over his thoughts he didn?t really care.

?Yes,
    you, Skywalker,? came the man?s cutting voice. ?It?s all about you, isn?t it? You?re the one who destroyed the Jedi, who killed the Separatists, who helped murder the Republic. You. Darth Vader.? There was anger and pain and searing hatred in the man?s voice. A strong, gloved hand seized his chin in a vise-like grip and dragged his head up so that the blue fire of his gaze bore into Anakin?s eyes. The other man?s mind was loud and sharp and Anakin stiffened, instinctively struggling to draw away from the pain those thoughts cut into him. ?But you?re just a boy,? that angry voice continued. ?Just a boy so damn drugged he can?t even see straight.?

He let go, and Anakin nearly wept with relief as his head dropped back down to the pillow. Normally he would have taken offense at that, demanded if anyone called
    this man the ?Hero With No Fear,? demanded to know when he had fought the Separatists, what battles he had lead, older or not, but now the haze between Anakin and the world was playing havoc on his connection to the Force, and when the man had touched him the sense had been jagged and painful. ?Wha?? he struggled through cracked lips that didn?t want to obey him. ?Wha . . . you . . . wan? . . .?

?I want you to suffer for what you did,? the man cried, his voice breaking, and there was pain behind it. ?I want you to pay! You deserve to be punished, deserve to suffer. But Kenobi is too blind to see what a monster you are, and they won?t punish you.?

Even dazed and blurry-minded, Anakin didn?t like what he was hearing. ?I?? he said again, but his voice got stuck in his throat and he couldn?t get it out past the dryness in his mouth.

A hand brushed down over the bandages on his back, not in the gentle way the Healers or Obi-Wan had touched him but roughly and brutally, and Anakin gave a startled cry of agony. Pain jabbed through his body, playing up and down his back, and tears started in his eyes at the unrelenting sharpness like a thousand tiny needles stabbing into his flesh. He struggled to move away, to escape, but his body wouldn?t obey and his head just flopped uselessly on the pillow. ?Did Kenobi do this to you?? the man demanded. ?Force, why didn?t he just finish the job? What is
    wrong with him??

Anakin vaguely remembered gentle arms pulling him back from the fire, cool, soothing power pouring into him and the feeling that was his Master, that was safety, encircling him. Had that been Ob

17. palpyisgod2

palpyisgod2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2005
    wow, just found this - this is super cool!

PLEASE have Ani be redeemed, I finally converted my sister today! she called ROTS a "sad" movie!

18. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Suffer? He wants him to suffer? This guy does not seem to realize that Anakin will suffer every single day for the rest of his life for what he has done, more than what any other person could make him suffer.

It's Onasi, isn't it? *whacks Onasi* Leave him alone. Do not meddle in affairs that you possibly cannot understand!

Because, whether he knows it himself or not, Obi-Wan still believes. Just as Padmé does, and perhaps even Yoda as well. Now, mind your own business!

YES! Yes, Anakin, that was your beloved master, your brother! Now, calm down and don't try to choke him again!

*lunges for Onasi's throat* You complete and utter... MEANIE!! And you call Anakin a monster?! :eek: :mad:

D*mn straight! Don't like him for a good reason, namely he's trying to drive Anakin back to the bloody Dark Side!!! Always knew Obi-Wan was a good judge of character! *hugs Obi-Wan*

*grins* Padmé knows! She understands! And she's right! If Obi-Wan did not share that faith, Anakin would be dead. He knows it in his heart that there is still hope! :D [face_dancing]

Under attack? *growls and glares in Onasi's direction* You could say that.

19. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    :_| :_| :_| This is so darn beuftiful!!! Awsome, wonderful, superb, excellent post!

20. light-

Oct 8, 2005
    omg please update again like really really soon!! :_| this is the best fic ever, please please update!! ahh!!! he trusts him now whoohoO!!

?But you?re just a boy,? that angry voice continued. ?Just a boy so damn drugged he can?t even see straight.?

good god give poor anakin a break! .. lol as the author so wisely stated, how wude! < gotta love jar jar

glad to hear obi wan and padme dont like the guy ... their not alone

21. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005

Something in Anakin froze and broke. He remembered his hand closing into a fist, his fury, tightening, choking, anger and pain and rage, and Obi-Wan?s voice ordering him to let her go, shock and horror and agony?and how could he have done that? How could she dare to leave him? Why? Why was she leaving him, when he?d done everything for her? Why had she gone to Obi-Wan, why had she chosen his master, who had always been better than him anyway?

Very good Anakin-thoughts--it captures how he feels betrayed and abandoned by Padme when he saw that Obi-Wan was on her cruiser and how she kept mentioning what Obi-Wan said. It's totally irrational but that's how Anakin functions in ROTS. Great update!

22. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    He gave a tired sob. ?O-okay. I?I trus? you, Obi-Wan.?

My eyes filled, and I could feel a single tear escape and run down my cheek at the sheer wonder of him saying those words to me again. He just lay there, shaking, his weeping quieting now, and I moved to lay him back in the bed.

His hand tightened into a fist in my tunic. ?S-stay,? he pleaded, his voice little more than a wisp of sound.

And of course I did.

Fabulous updates! :D

Onasi, you are in trouble! When Obi-Wan finds out what you have done, you'd better be in another galaxy, far, far away! ;)

Still, maybe that is just what Anakin needed to scare him into listening to his Master once again...[face_thinking]

This is an incredible story! =D= =D= =D=

Can't wait to find out what this confrontation will will lead too! [face_dancing]

23. Ani-maniac

Jul 5, 2005
    Poor Anakin. :(

To be so tormented and then to have someone rub it in worse.... Grrrr... the rotten guy... :mad:

I loved the scene at the end, it was wonderful and very touching. It truly shows that even after everything, Anakin still see Obi-Wan as a friend. :)

Amazing work as always, I can't wait for the next part! [:D]

Ani-maniac

24. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    To palpyisgod2: Thanks so much! [face_blush] And it is a sad movie :_|. I cried, the first four or five times I saw it, anyway . . . . Another convert! We shall take over the galaxy yet!

To AngelQueen: Yes, unfortunately Onasi has a "dogmatic, narrow view" to quote a certain Sith Lord. He can't think outside of the box. He can't conceive of Vader feeling remorse . . . . And he has trouble minding his own business. As you say, he has an enormous sense of justice, combined with a couple of personal issues. Thanks so much to replying to specific sections--I love that, it helps me with my writing, and it's simply satisfying :D. *accepts roses and puts them in a vase on profile page* Thanks!

To Dahlia_Santary: Wow, I'm glad you thought so. Use enough adjectives? Got any more? *shamelessly fishing for compliments*

To light: Yeah, uh--Jar Jar is . . . unique? And I'm so glad you think so! :) :D :D [face_blush] There will be more soon. And yeah, Onasi's done a good job of alienating himself from pretty much the entire cast, hasn't he?

To Anakins_Force: It's totally irrational but that's how Anakin functions in ROTS. ITA! And I'm so happy you thought it was accurate--I spent a long time working on that part.

To Star_Drifter: Thanks again for all your medical advice. Heh heh--yeah, Onasi you might not want to stick around--but does he think that'll happen? No . . . . And I'm so glad you think so! Thanks!

To Ani-maniac: You know, I'm also an Ani-maniac. Except I'm an Obi-maniac, too. Does that make me an Ani-Obi-maniac? I know what you mean. Onasi is NOT HELPING. Ah well. I'm thrilled you thought it was touching. And thanks for the hug--[:D]

25. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Great post.

Sorry I couldn't review it last night.

Onasi is taking things to an entirely new level. When Obi-Wan and Yoda learn what he's doing, they will NOT be pleased. Dare I say, they'll each be making that displeasure known. [face_beatup]

Now, I'm wondering if Onasi is somehow connected to Palpatine. I thought of that when he mentioned Padme and pushing his buttons about her dying. Now, Palpatine was the only one who knew how that was what had driven Anakin to join the Dark Side. (Obi-Wan and Yoda might have suspected; but even if they had, they certainly wouldn't have told Onasi about it).

Onasi has to have some type of powers that are beyond the norm. Otherwise, what he's doing would surely be picked up by either the medical droids, or Risto. (Just the anxiety he's causing Anakin would likely cause his vital signs to spike, bringing some staff member to check on him).

Now, Obi-Wan had better be careful. I sense that Padme might not be in the best of moods (Due to events of the last few days combined with normal moodswings due to pregnancy). He surely doesn't want a bedpan launched at his head. [face_beatup] It's good that Padme still has faith in Anakin. Of course she would have. I think Obi-Wan could help matters between them by telling Anakin that he stowed away in her ship and she didn't know about it until he made his presence known.

LOL. I love how Obi-Wan takes time to reflect that now he knows Shian's first name, and how Padme has to remind him to hurry. It's like all of the calm detachment he's spent years building up have fallen away at once. LOL

Love that scene at the end, where Obi-Wan can see that Anakin is definitely still there. Maybe now he'll realize that someone is controlling Anakin and that he has to do something to help. Perhaps they could let him talk to Padme briefly. Even if not in the room with him, they could let her look in through a viewing window so he could see she's alright. I believe that would do a world of good for Anakin.

Onasi is definitely trying to get Anakin to re-emerge as Vader so he can kill him. That's not a normal tactic. I definitely think there's something more behind Onasi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.