main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Resolution Between Shadows and Light--RotS AU, Updated 6/28!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SakuraTsukikage, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    I might be trying to think of a way to get from Shianwan to Sabewan ;). You never know :D. Maybe I should take a poll?

What really happened, though, is midterms. They ate my life. I will have an update on this soon, and thank you all so much for your patience. If you can just wait a little bit more :_| :_| . . . . I'm sorry for making you all wait so long, but it just can't be helped.

2. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    If its midterms, I completely understand. And I'm sure lots of others do too. Those can mess up your life in many many many many ways. No worries!

3. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Hmmmmm.

As a long-term Sabewan fan, I think I have to cast my ballot with Sabe.

Here's a potential way to do it. Perhaps, in their flight to safety, Shian learns that the love of her life, who she thought was killed in the Clone Wars, is actually alive. Obi-Wan senses how strong her feelings are for the other guy and accepts it. He lets go of any attachment he feels, believing that perhaps he should be the last member of the Order to live by the old Code. However, he doesn't figure on encountering Sabeo_O.

4. Josh-Halcyon

Josh-Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    *delurks*

Page 4?!? NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!!!

UP!!

(PS: i'm really jonesin' here for an up!!)

5. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    [:D] I love my lurkers!

Your vote is noted, TJM. ;)

There'll be more on this soon, I promise!!! Thanks everyone for your patience!

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Hey, if we get to vote, I vote Shian! She just better not hurt my Obi-Wan, uh, our Obi-Wan.

Her, or no one methinks (in this story).

7. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    I'll put my vote in too here. Although, Sakura you already know who I like. :D Anyway, Obi-Wan and Shian.

I like Sabewan, but I have to say this is the first time I'm finding myself saying no to them. I'm finding I'm adamantly saying no and wanting it to be Obi-Wan/Shian. I think that's because it's a change of pace, something different from Sabewan (at least for me anyways) and you've created a very in-depth, well thought out, not to mention very good OC that interacts well with Obi-Wan. I'd hate to see any further exploration of a relationship between him and Shian let go. There's a dynamic there that's very interesting and has potential. Even if you give them a run and it doesn't work out, that'd be okay. Just give them a chance. [face_praying]

Yow. We're not putting too much pressure on you now are we? [face_batting] ;)

8. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    I think that if you're going to keep it Obi-Wan/Shian you should not have Sabe in the fic. It just clouds things.

9. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Keep Shian. She's wonderful for Obi-Wan.

10. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Sorry I'm so late... [face_blush] I loved the last chapters. Obi-Wan and Anakin together make me feel all mushy. ;) I loved Anakin's act as Vader. Really powerful.

11. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I HAVE READ THIS MY LOVE!!!!

And wow, wow, WOW!!! You have completely renewed my love of Obi-Dearest!!! You write his relationship with Anakin so well! He and Shian are simply adorable. (Love his blushing...) You also do an excellent job with Padme, and Yoda is just so sweet.

Absolutely loved this...and am in awe of you! This was amazing...and now I must demand MORE!!!

Yet one more story of yours to pester you about. ;)

Need.More.NOW!!!

12. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    This was amazing...and now I must demand MORE!!!
    I totally second that :)

13. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    My vote definitely rests with Shian. She's good for him, and she has better humour opportunities than Sabe. Plus, being in a fairly safe line of work she won't cause Obi-Wan too many worries. One can only take so much of men worrying over their womenfolk in danger, even if it is a nice and gallant thing to do. And Anakin already worries about PAdme on a scale equivalent to 50 or so ordinary men.

14. LovedAnakin

LovedAnakin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Hi, Sakura![face_dancing]

I know its been a long time since I last posted a reply on this fic here. I been a bit overwhelmed with some things. I love how your story is developing. Its coming along great. I am anxiously waiting for the next installment. I really like how Anakin was drawing on the force to distract the troopers. Nice. I hope you update soon!! I'll be watching and waiting (on both sites).

See you!

LovedAnakin A.K.A Mrs. A. Skywalker;)

15. padmemily

padmemily Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2005
    I am kicking myself right now for not commenting on this fic sooner.
    This is truly amazing! It really is one of the best starwars fics I've read so far. I started reading this on ff.net and fell in love from the start!
    I think the way you write Obi Wan is very true and accurate with his character. I've always had trouble with the ending of ROTS when he just leaves Anakin to burn like that, it just seemed si uncharacteristic of him. So I guess your fic represents what I believe Obi Wan would have and ahould have done if it weren't for the OT...
    I also the way you write the relationship between Obi Wan and Anakin, very much like the beginning of ROTS but much deeper.
    Oh, and the few romantic Ani/Padme scenes were just [face_love] ad Obi/Shian too...

Anyway, you probably got my point by now. I hope to write some more soon (hopefuly even comment on individual chapters).

16. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    I just read through that entire thing, and I am simply in shock. :D This story is absolutely amazing! I'm blown away by the depth that you've managed to put in all the characters. Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship is deep, caring and genuine. And the scenes with Padme are beautiful! Watching Anakin's healing is incredibly powerful, that he has been so destroyed in so many ways and that he is so lost but he's getting better because Obi-Wan doesn't hate him...

Sorry, I'm rambling. [face_blush]

And Shian and Obi-Wan! What a wonderful way to construct a romantic relationship for them, I can't wait to see where you're going with this. :)

It's admirable that even the characters that are mostly unlikeable, such as Onasi, you've managed to create sympahty for. He isn't a cardboard cutout, which is something that fanfiction authors (including myself [face_blush]) tend to create.

I wish that I had the time to go through and review every chapter, because there is so much I would love to comment on! :D

17. Across-the_Stars

Across-the_Stars Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    I'm delurking to let you know how much I'm enjoying your story[face_love] =D=. Sorry for not replying sooner:oops:. I'm horrible with replies, shame on me[face_shame_on_you] .
    As for the delay in updates, I completely understand about midterms keeping you busy (I take my last two tomorrow[face_dancing]). Good luck[face_good_luck].

18. Padmeshandmaiden

Padmeshandmaiden Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2006
    I am finally delurking. You are doing a wonderful job with the what if side of this story. I could really see ROTS turning out this way if Obi-Wan had listened to Anakin's plea for help on Mustafar. I think that was the most heartbreaking thing in the whole story.....to quote the book and the script......"You were my brother Anakin! I loved you, but I won't help you." that just tore my heart to pieces. Nice to see what might have been. PM list please.

19. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    *tiptoes in, peeks around, blushes furiously*

Hi. *makes a tiny wave*

I'm Ani-maniac's padawan sister. Shame on her for not informing me of this beautiful, awe-inspiring fic. ;)

I am only currently on page 6 of this work of art, but I will hurry to catch up and make my way to the end. I promise. I am absolutely loving it, but I can't really give you a more detailed reply than that at the moment since I am so far behind everyone else. I just wanted to hurry up and get on your pm list now, before I forget to ask.

*tiptoes out, careful not to trip on her new black robes, which she still has not gotten hemmed*

20. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    Thank you so much for sticking with me everyone, and I really appreciate my new readers, as well! Thanks, you guys! [:D] [:D] [:D]

[face_good_luck] Happy Saint Patrick's Day, and here's the next update! [face_good_luck]

I'll do reader replies later, just wanted to get this up! ;)

Twenty-Two

My name is Khaleen Hentz.

Padmé stared blankly at the strange woman in front of her. ?Is that a name I should know?? she asked, still suspicious. She had never heard of this woman before, and she was, admittedly, a bit dangerous-looking, with a blaster in a holster slung low on her hip, and the easy unconcern with which she wore those loose, revealing clothes. Still, Master Yoda stood calmly a few steps behind her, seemingly not worried in the least by her presence.

Khaleen seemed to lose a bit of her self-confidence at the cool retort, but her smile didn?t waver. ?I?d be surprised if you did,? she admitted with an honest humility Padmé couldn?t help but like.

?A friend to the Jedi, Khaleen Hentz has long been, Senator Amidala,? Yoda put in from his place near the door.

Khaleen made a slight face. ?Well, one Jedi in particular,? she said, some strong emotion flickering in her eyes, and Padmé wondered what she meant. Her mind went back to Anakin, and Padmé wondered if perhaps she had more in common with this Khaleen than she?d first thought.

?What?s going on?? she demanded. ?Where?s Shian? Why was the ship shaking??

?There?s no time for long explanations now,? Khaleen said quickly. ?Come on, Senator, I think we?d better get you up to the cockpit.?

Padmé nodded, confused but willing to go along with what seemed to be the plan. ?Help me up, then,? she said, and Khaleen came forward at once to offer her a hand and the support of her arm. Padmé took it, wincing as she hauled herself to her feet with an effort and her weight fell once more on her aching ankles. This unwieldiness was not something she was going to miss when she finally gave birth, that was for sure. Her ankles were swollen and sore, and she felt like an overweight shaak. ?Sorry,? she said, but Khaleen just shook her head.

?No trouble at all,? she said. ?I know
    exactly how you?re feeling.? And she winked and smiled.

Padmé smiled uncertainly back, wondering if this Khaleen had recently been pregnant herself, for that was what her words seemed to imply. The young woman seemed about Padmé?s own age, probably younger.

The ship shook again as Khaleen steadied her, and Padmé had to grasp tightly onto the other woman?s arm to stay on her feet. ?What?s going on?? she demanded.

Master Yoda exchanged a glance with Khaleen that Padmé followed, not comprehending its meaning. ?Go to the cockpit,? eh said. ?There, Healer Risto is. Deal with this I must.? And then he was gone, hobbling out of the room far more quickly than Padmé would have thought him capable of if she had not seen him in battle.

?I guess we?d better get going ourselves, then,? Khaleen said, and Padmé nodded. She followed as Khaleen started forward into the corridor. The other woman walked slowly and kept one hand out to steady Padmé as they went, and for that Padmé found herself very grateful as she hobbled along as slowly as Master Yoda, keeping one hand on the wall of the corridor for support. She watched Khaleen out of the corner of her eyes, noticing the way the other woman?s gaze kept flicking to her and then away. Khaleen wanted to ask something, and she?d give in and ask it sooner or later. Padmé just had to wait for her to say it, and after a lifetime of politics she was good at that.

?They said the father is?was?is a Jedi?? Khaleen finally blurted about halfway down the corridor, the words tumbling all over themselves in their haste to leave her mouth. The ship trembled again, and Padmé caught herself with her hand on the wall.

?Yes,? she said softly, and it felt strange and distant, unreal, to be actually admitting it. ?He is. My husband,? she added, feeling that statement cou

21. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    Uh oh! Sounds like Anakin just went back to the Dark Side. I guess everyone's going to have their hands full now. I have a bad feeling about this....[face_worried]

But that conversation between Padme and Khaleen was amusing. I'd love it if it Anakin had somehow listened in on them, maybe through the Force. He'd be mortified, but he'd also find some way to get revenge on Padme for embarassing him like that. And who the heck is Khaleen pining after? Is she another Kenobi fan? Bad Kenobi! [face_shame_on_you] How can he lecture Anakin about relationships?! I swear he has more girls than Anakin does! [face_mischief]

Another great update, Sakura, and an evil cliffie! Please post again soon.

22. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    What can I say, except that this was another bravura update? I've been waiting and waiting for this. [face_love] Poor Padme. And all that kicking going on. :D And Anakin! :_|

I like Khaleen too. You write her so well - this must have been what she was like. I haven't seen her around much on the Boards. And her beautiful baby, dark and silent.

And Padme, the naughty senator! [face_mischief]

And who the heck is Khaleen pining after? Is she another Kenobi fan? Bad Kenobi! How can he lecture Anakin about relationships?! I swear he has more girls than Anakin does!

[face_laugh] Lol, I imagine Obi-Wan would be remarkably shocked to hear that any woman pined away for him - even Shian. And not Khaleen,
    definitely. No, her heart (to use a very cliched phrase) belongs to another.:p

I'm fascinated by Korto's dad, actually. :D

Marvelous! More soon, pending DRL?

23. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Suddenly, Padmé felt a wide grin settle across her features. She thought about how mortified Anakin would be if he knew she was having this conversation, and her smile grew even wider.

Yes, I think Anakin would be mortified. :D

Padmé barely heard her. She could suddenly feel Anakin, like a wail of agony in her mind, throbbing and pounding through her veins. His heartbeat was hers, his harsh gasps for air her own. Padmé, came his voice, sobbing and desperate. Padmé, hold me. Hold me, please just hold me. So much pain, so much darkness, I need you. She cried out once; she could feel her throat constrict, her chest heave, the sound ripping at her lungs. Anakin, she thought. I?m here, Anakin, my love.

Oh dear, I have a bad feeling about this. I know Anakin wanted Padme to be safe, but what if Palpatine has managed to take Anakin again? At least now that Padme is alive, perhaps Anakin will be stronger...

No, Anakin sobbed, no, just get away, get away from me! and somehow Padmé knew it was not she he spoke to, it was someone else, the other, the dark one, the one Anakin had promised his soul to, the one who owned some vital part of him now, the one who had given Vader life.

Very eerie, and wonderfully written!

=D= =D= =D=

I look forward to the next part. [:D]

Ani-maniac

24. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Looks like Padme has found a real friend in Khaleen....

Hopefully Anakin is just having a vision and hasn't actually turned back to the dark side.

25. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    Ah Sakura, another wonderful chapter! =D= I actually had to refrain myself from reading right away. (tween was getting ready for school) Now I have and I must to say this chapter was well worth the wait. :D

I like Khaleen a lot. I'm still trying to find out more about her so what you have here helps fill in the blanks a bit.

?A friend to the Jedi, Khaleen Hentz has long been, Senator Amidala,? Yoda put in from his place near the door.

Khaleen made a slight face. ?Well, one Jedi in particular,? she said, some strong emotion flickering in her eyes, and Padmé wondered what she meant. Her mind went back to Anakin, and Padmé wondered if perhaps she had more in common with this Khaleen than she?d first thought.

I love this. It's a great way for these two to bond and form a connection. I especially like Khaleen's line about liking 'one Jedi in particular'. Oh now I wonder who that could be? ;) [face_whistling] ;) Padmé may be surprised to find out there's more than just Anakin in the Order who's fathered children. Or maybe not.

And the little Q&A was funny. I agree, I think Anakin would be mortified. Padmé's finally able to talk about him and their relationship. He most likely hoped it wouldn't be like that! And Padmé! Naughty senator! [face_devil]

Korto sounds adorable. When do we get to see his father?

Random thought here: three women together talking about the men in their lives. I suddenly feel sorry for the boys.

The ending leaves things open for possibilities. The first impression I got was Anakin was having another dream/vision or Sidious got to him in his dreams and he's currently too weak to fight him off after being Vader. Padmé's now experiencing it with him because he reached out to her to hold him and help him and now she's been pulled in as well. If that's the case then everybody involved has a struggle ahead of them.

You keep throwing twists and turns in here which I really like. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take us next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.