main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Resolution Between Shadows and Light--RotS AU, Updated 6/28!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SakuraTsukikage, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh very nice update! Anakin IS the best pilot...that is until Lukie is born, of course. ;) I love your Obi-Dearest! And ACK! Palpy's coming?

I'll kill him.

With my bare hands. ;)

Wonderful as always! LOVED IT!!!!!!!

Need.More.NOW!!!!!!!!!

2. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Yay! Quinlan is alive! [face_dancing]

Excellent post. I hope Quinlan got/gets away from there! As for our heroes, it looks like Onasi will be in for a shock with Anakin flying! I cannot wait to see THAT post

Great work

3. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, now, just so's I can be earning my chocolate cookie from our loverly authoress for the giving-out of feedback which she so richly and justly deserves, to be sure....mmmmmm, chocolate....mmmmmm, Anakin and chocolate....liquid chocolate....his taut bare muscled chest....abs.... *brain momentarily short-circuits* Ahem. :) Where was I - aside from, well, you know....ahhh, yes, that's right - feedback, then, at least on the chapter immediately prior to this one....yes, yes, I know, but hey - better late than never, right? :) We-ell, now, I can certainly say this....that my sense of it, I mean, what Padme was clearly experiencing - feeling Anakin's emotions, his distress, the images flashing up in her own's mind eye as though she's right there with him, experiencing them too....honestly, my sense of that simply is that - it's Anakin himself dreaming, perhaps despite Obi-Wan's earlier reassurances that he'd help ensure a deep, dreamless sleep for our troubled and distressed Ani....

And so, if Anakin's being tormented by his nightmares yet again - or, perhaps even worse still, by *Palpatine*, trying to reach out to him, grasp hold of him as though from afar....basically, even from a distance trying to once more exert his poisonous influence, his destructive, subversive dominance on Anakin, and this just when Anakin's still so incredibly vulnerable and is at last recovering, is truly *back* again....well, yeah, suffice it to say, something like *that*, tormenting Anakin in a vision or a dream or what have you....that would, certainly, explain what he's seeing or experiencing - and, thus, what Padme sensed even from a distance....because of course, when she and Anakin are truly as one anyway, when he's feeling something that intensely, she *will* feel it in turn....they're bound together, so it's only natural, only expected to happen, really. 'Least, that's certainly what I'm figuring....darn it, that's my opinion and it makes sense, ergo I'm sticking to it. :)

I mean, hey....given how obviously vulnerable, still very fragile - albeit slowly, steadily recovering with Obi-Wan's help, constant reassurance, strengthening and support, understanding and guidance, for starters, to be sure....but, yeah, it's just that if Anakin still fears what he might see in his dreams, his deepest and most distressing, most traumatic and painful of nightmares or visions - now perhaps even worse, after everything that's happened....he *could*, then, very well end up dreaming about the thing he still somehow fears the most....what he's still so terrified might happen....namely, that for all the good that's most recently happened - his recovery, Padme being safe, all of it - that, still, he could somehow end up falling, and worst could still come to worst....if Anakin still fears that, even deep-down and to himself, then yeah, he'll end up dreaming it, vivid and very terrifying....and Padme, in turn, being connected, bonded to him through their love, of course - she *would* feel it too.

Ah, but of course, just because it might be what Anakin most fears, what he's perhaps yet still so terrified of - what, for all he knows now, Sidious could still try to do to him, or to Padme and their children and Obi-Wan, or even *make* him do - still fearing even the mere, vague idea of the possibility, even for all Obi-Wan's constant, steadying reassurances, guidance and understanding, for starters....promising to not leave him, that they *will* be alright, that they'll get through this....still, yeah, perhaps it really is only natural that Anakin, after all he's had to go through, would still fear like that....still suffer the torment of dreams or suchlike, like that. But that doesn't mean they'll necessarily come *true*, though, is the thing....simply that it might just be what Anakin still so strongly fears, what he's thus so very profoundly desperate to avoid. And he *can* in fact avoid it, with Padme on his side, of course - and Obi-Wan as well....

And let's not forget Qui-Gon's presence in the Force, as well....for he, of course, has already prov

4. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Awesome update!

I'm glad Obi Wan forced Onasi to let Anakin pilot- he IS the best in the galaxy.

And that nasty Sidious- I can't wait to see how he gets what's coming to him!

Eagerly looking forward to the next post! :)

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    You know, just when I started to begrudgingly like Onasi, he has to pick another fight with Anakin...*sigh.
    Well perhaps Ani will teach him a thing or two!

I definitely wouldn't mind him being thrown around a bit for not buckling up like he was told to. Even Obi-Wan had the good sense to!

Sidious is close, huh? Perhaps that's good. The sooner he gets what's coming to him the better.

Excellent update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Wheeee! An update!

So glad we got to find out more about what's going on with Quinlan Vos - he really seems like a fascinating character. I only hope he can hang in there until Obi-wan and Anakin (yes, I am being optimistic) blast Palpy to the Outer Rim. Then, they can rescue him and have a happy reunion w/ Padme, Shian and Khaleen. From there, the group can proceed to Naboo and live in neighboring houses for the rest of their lives. [face_love] ;)

Awesome chapter - I CANNOT wait to see what happens next. This story is amazing. If only the movies could have been more like this. @};-

7. bibphile

bibphile Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    The bit with Quinlan at the beginning was interesting. I'm curious as to what will happen.

?Wanna bet?? Anakin demanded. He leaned forward. ?I find your lack of faith disturbing, Commander.?
    I know you've incorporated several lines from the movies before. Usually it's seemless and fun. But this time I think it seems forced and doesn't work very well.

Anakin's shock and please at Obi-Wan saying he's the best pilot in the galaxy is wonderful. I also really like Obi-Wan's reaction to it. Now I just can't wait for Onasi to see that Obi-Wan is right.

I also really like the part with the lines smoothing out on Anakin's face when he got behind the controls. That's Anakin.

8. bi0nic

bi0nic Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Yay, an update! :D Because I only started reading this like a month ago, I was able to read huge chunks of this whenever I wanted. So needless to say, I've been seriously jonesing for a new chapter ever since I caught up ;) .

Loved that whole Quinlan Vos section, simply amazing prose, the descriptions were so vivid I could taste the guy's pain. Plus, it was a cool mirror to what Anakin has been through.

The dynamic between Obi, Anakin and Onasi continues to throw up really interesting situations, it's good to see Obi and Ani get the better of old Mr. Belligerent there.

But on a side note, I was a little surprised by all the really hostile anti-Onasi sentiment in some people's replies early on. I didn't really mind it when Onasi started whacking Anakin around in the early chapters as much as a lot of people seemed to. After all, after Mustafar Anakin was basically the devil, having killed who knows how many innocent people and having overturned the Republic. At that point, Anakin's a child-killer and a traitor, getting slapped around by Onasi is the least he had coming imo.

But it's cool that Anakin and Obi are working together again as Jedi, and that Anakin's getting a chance to get back to basics as a pilot. His reaction to Obi saying he was the best in the galay was very touching.

I can't wait 'til Sidious gets in on the action, should be pretty epic stuff :D .

=D= Master, as ever, you rock! =D=

9. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Wow ... Quin lives ... He's in a tough spot, though. Hopefully Anakin gains a measure of clarity and peace by piloting.

10. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Absolute genius in your writing. Definitely worth the wait for this last post. I can't wait for more, so many questions going through my mind right now.
    Will Quin be alright? Will padme and the girls be alright? Will Anakin remain in the light? More soon please.

11. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I hope they can get Quin out of Sidious' clutches and back with the few remaining Jedi that have survived. [face_worried] [face_praying]

?Anakin is the best pilot in the galaxy,? I said in a mild tone. ?It is as simple as that.?

Anakin?s eyes were the more shocked out of the two surprised looks that turned on me. He ducked his head and bit his lip, and I could see a big, sloppy grin starting to spread across his face. He seemed to stand taller despite his weakness, his shoulders straightening proudly.

I think Obi-Wan is getting a glimpse of the young boy inside who still seeks his approval and needs to be told and reminded of such. :)

Great job with this. :)

12. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    ?Wanna bet?? Anakin demanded. He leaned forward. ?I find your lack of faith disturbing, Commander.? << o_O[:D]

I hope Onasi DOES get tossed around lol. Not that his head could get any more messed up...

13. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Wow! I gotta got sit down and catch my breath!

?I will be with you to the end, Anakin,? I promised. ?Regardless of whatever we may face.? Including your darkness. No matter what, my brother. My friend. ?You do not need to fear on that count.?

Love that part!!! :_| :_| :_|

14. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    Ack! How'd I miss an update? It's a good thing I looked in here.

We see the presence of Quin. Yay! I finally got my hands on volumes 1-7 of the Clone Wars comics so to see him appear here is perfect. The whole sequence with him was so intense. The parallels there between him and Anakin gave me goosebumps. And now he's in the hands of the dark side. He's tread along that path a few times already but to see him like this just hurts. I liked how in the midst of it all his thoughts went to Khaleen and Korto.

Good to see Anakin back in the pilot's seat. That's one of the places he feels most comfortable. I loved his reaction to Obi-Wan's words and Obi-Wan's reaction in return. It was something Ani needed to hear and it helped him to be himself again. It also was yet one more thing Obi realized he'd never said to Anakin.

With Palpy so close now I hope Anakin can get them away and give them a bit more time but you said there's cliffhanger coming up so I have a feeling that won't happen.

With Onasi being stubborn and not strapping in I hope he's going to get to know the cockpit on a whole new level.

15. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Color me worried about this whole situation. Please let 'em get out of this in one piece. And I agree Quinlin's injuries sound disturbingly familiar. In fact, you had me thinking that he was Anakin.

BrightFeather

16. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Obi-Wan's verbal affirmation of Anakin's skills came at the right moment, though I think he has realized he hasn't made the affirmation in the past judging by Anakin's response. It's so easy to assume and not make the compliment - it certainly would have helped their relationship.

17. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Just a short post here.

I'm guessing Palpatine wants Vos as his next apprentice, as his current physical and mental weakness makes him more open to the Dark Side's suggestions.

I think that Anakin taking the controls is the perfect medicine for him. It allows him to play an active part in things, and gives him back some self-confidance. No matter what side of the Force he's on, or whatever mental turmoil he's in, he knows that his piloting skills are second to none. This lets him be able to do something that he KNOWS he's good at and is untainted by his previous actions.

18. JediElanor

JediElanor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    Hello,

I am finally de-lurking to tell you how much I am loving your story.

I just LOVE AU stories like yours. Your characterisation of Anakin and Obi-Wan is very good. Also, your idea to take the fic from Obi's POV is very interesting. It makes things deeper in a way.

To tell you, I have been reading since chatper 18 was posted (so that's quite a while ago...) but I didn't feel the need to answer before, that is until now.
    I love it how you portrayed Quinlan... I was sure, at first, that it was Anakin having a bad dream or something. So I had to re-read it knowing it was Quinn just to be able to understand properly. The injuries were indeed very similar to those of Anakin's... Very eerie.

Ani's reaction to Obi-Wan's compliment was really touching. I can understand why Obi himself was surprised at the reaction. And I can only wish Onasi's going to be sent flying across the cabin bumping on the walls just because he was too proud to obey Anakin's order, lol :D And Anankin's in the pilot's seat? YAY! That will surely do wonders for him to make him feel better.

And about the previous post, I hope it's only a bad dream Ani was having... it seemed so bad... and real.... Poor Padmé... Thank god you reassured us with this post.
    Another comment about earlier things in the fic, I just adored how the romance between Shian and Obi is going. Even though I do like Sabé-Obi romances, I think that it is nice to see Obi have another love interest for once... ;)

So, I can't wait to get more!!! I am looking foward to reading the rest of this story, and will be checking in frequently (as I do with all the other fics I'm reading) to see if a new post has appeared. Keep up the good work!!!

MTFBWY,

Elanor

P.S. If anyone knows of good body-switching AUs, or redemption, or even good alternate stories involving not too many EU or original characters (I get lost when there are a lot of those), PM me, I can't seem to be able to find anything on my own... Thanks in advance :)

19. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Wah hay! Quinlan's alive [face_dancing] And as typically stubborn as ever- you did a great job in capturing his personality, and especially his interaction with Obi. They were both...exactly as I would imagine them to have been in that situation! Bravo! =D==D==D=

And I think Obi-Wan needed to see just how necessary those words of open acknowledgement were and it was sadly touching to see how much they meant to Anakin!

Once again, you have totally captivated my attention and ruffled my emotive range! Thank you! :D

20. MarcusDade

MarcusDade Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    awesome awesome stuff. :) You're deffinately an amazing writer.

PM me when u update. I deffinately wanna see how this one turns out

21. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    What a wonderful update! :)

?He?s here.? He sounded wild, frenzied. ?He?s coming. Palpa?S-Sidious. He?s here for me, Master, he?s come.?

I think it isn't so much Sidious himself that Anakin fears, I think he fears what he himself might do when Sidious reaches them. :D

?Wanna bet?? Anakin demanded. He leaned forward. ?I find your lack of faith disturbing, Commander.?

That line sounds so familiar... ;)

I said nothing as I fastened my safety straps. It was his decision, and if he got tossed around later because he hadn?t wanted to follow Anakin?s orders, that was his problem. Perhaps it would make him more amenable to following Anakin?s lead in the future, and that would only be a good thing as far as I was concerned.

Lol *pictures Onasi flying around the cabin, then plastered to the ceiling as Anakin pilots*

Yep, that should teach him to listen to Anakin...[face_batting]

I look forward to the next part!

Ani-maniac

22. MoAngel

MoAngel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    Is another update on the horizon? I surely hope so because I need to see the stronger Anakin we all know and love. Obi-Wan's complement can only bolster Anakin's resolve.

Mo

23. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    I am glad I found this one again. Wonderful, wonderful! I loved all of it. Even injured, Anakin was the best pilot in the galaxy. Nice dialogue between the characters, all of them.

24. ladie_padawan

ladie_padawan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I find your lack of faith disturbing, Commander.

Ooooh, I like that. Such an ironic quote from Darth Vader and perfect for that scene.

And I like the way you described Anakin's reaction to Obi-Wan saying that he was the best pilot in the galaxy. Funny and sweet all at the same time.

25. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    Whoah, I missed an update! And a very suspenseful update too. I'm a bit confused about the flashback to this Quinlan Vos character because I don't quite see the relevance, aside from the fact that he's another Jedi that Palpatine may or may not have twisted to his will before. And that bald woman is clearly Assaj Ventress, so might we be seeing her resurrected soon? On the other hand I still love the parts between Anakin and Obi-Wan. I think Obi-Wan is only now realising how much Anakin was trying to earn his master's praise. And Anakin's picked up a couple of Vader mannerisms from his journey into the Dark Side, I see. Will he be doing the telekinetic strangulation mannerism on Onasi as well (that guy deserves it if anyone does)? Great work as usual Sakura. Please PM me when you next update? Thanks very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.