main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Resolution Between Shadows and Light--RotS AU, Updated 6/28!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SakuraTsukikage, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    To TorontoJediMaster:

Glad you think so. :D

Yeah, Onasi is kind of the "take things to the next level" guy. Um . . . and yeah. I can see Obi-Wan and Yoda going for the lightsabers now.

Hmmm. Interesting thought. Of course I can't answer one way or the other . . . . And that's a good point you have there. Medical droids are far from oblivious, after all.

Obi-Wan had better be careful, LOL. And I'm glad you think Padme would still have faith in Anakin. Good idea on Obi-Wan's part, but so far he hasn't quite tumbled to the fact that Anakin thinks he and Padme were . . . ah, playing footsie, or what prompted that little outburst.

Hee hee! I'm glad you liked that part. That was kind of what I was trying to get across, that all that calm detachment is kind of going down the drain . . . .

Glad you like it! Obi-Wan sure is realizing a lot. Hmmm. Look for Padme in the next couple of posts, though not the next one yet.

Onasi . . . . . well, you'll see. Eventually.

2. light-

light- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    update soon!?

3. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    Yeah, yeah, okay.

Nine

Far across the galaxy, Darth Sidious felt a tremor in the Force. He sat up straight, immediately throwing himself into the black power that surrounded him, and found the familiar thrum of power that was his new apprentice, his presence diffuse and scattered now, vacillating confusedly between shadows and light and buried beneath layers of haze and blur, but distinctive all the same.

Darth Sidious smiled.

He?d lost track of Vader?s presence after Kenobi had thrown his own Force-sense in front of the boy as a sort of shield and Vader was inexplicably distanced from him, shielded by a strangely familiar presence Sidious hadn?t felt since . . . well, there was no point reflecting on that, it was foolishness. And then there had been so much uncertainty, so much blur, around the boy?s sense that there hadn?t been any point in trying to locate him.

But this?this could be useful. This was progress. Vader was in a state of soul-deep emotional turmoil, broadcasting his confusion and pain through the Force. Even through the fuzzy miasma surrounding his presence his emotions were as clear as a Tatooine morning. Sidious tapped into the bond every master and apprentice shared, even those of the Sith, and sent questing tendrils of darkness out to curl around Vader?s mind.

The boy?s whole sense flinched.
    Get-get away from me, came the frightened, instinctual response. Stay out of my head! Anger there, and fear, and the beginnings of guilt.

He was trying to pull away, Sidious realized, and his mouth curled downward in a frown of displeasure. Surely Kenobi could not have reached Skywalker so quickly. The idea was ludicrous. Something else must have happened . . . something that had shaken the boy?s faith in the Dark Side. But Skywalker would find it wasn?t so easy to walk away from the teachings of the Sith. From Sidious himself. Once the darkness was tasted, to drink deep of it was a temptation few could withstand, and Skywalker had fallen easily . . . so easily, his passionate emotions and volatile nature making him easy prey for a Sith Lord who prided himself on being a master manipulator.

Sidious allowed himself a dark smile. The boy hadn?t even had a chance. Sidious had had the dark threads of his influence woven deep into Anakin?s mind before the young Jedi had even realized they were there.

Turning your back on me, my young apprentice? Sidious taunted. So easy, isn?t it? Easy to turn your back, easy to turn on the Jedi, to ignore the screams of the children as you slaughter them one by one?easy to turn on Kenobi, easy to choke the breath out of the woman you ?can?t live without? as soon as she betrays you. Is there anything you won?t abandon?

Anakin?s presence convulsed with waves of guilt.
    I?I?I didn?t mean?

But you did, Lord Vader. You meant it all, and reveled in the power it gave you. And this is but a taste of the Dark Side! Imagine what you will be able to accomplish when you have tapped into it fully, when there is unlimited power at your fingertips and the galaxy lies at your feet. Our feet.

Winces of uncertainty.
    I?but I hurt her, and I didn?t mean to?never meant to?and with that came twisted waves of emotion; pure, aching love mixed up with pain and guilt and anger and betrayal?images of Padmé in Anakin?s arms, his face pressed to her hair, the picture of Anakin with his hand resting on her rounded stomach and pride and love on his face, boundless joy in hers, a picture of her in a white lace dress not even wincing as she took the cold, metallic fingers of his mechanical hand in hers and reached up to kiss him?but together with those were flashes of Obi-Wan standing on the ramp of a starship, Padmé?s voice??I don?t know you anymore!??confused pictures of Obi-Wan bending over Padmé as she sobbed in pain and saying softly, encouragingly, ?Don?t give up, Padmé,? and the fear, the ever-encompassing fear that it was his Master she loved, that Obi-Wan had taken her from him, warped, distorted pictures, not quite memory

4. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Can't wait for the next post.

BTW, in the scene where Onasi is tormenting Anakin I noticed it was in italics. I'm assuming that it occurred when Anakin is in a half-awake state due to the massive amount of drugs he's been given. That works to Onasi's advantage as Anakin is now doubt thinking that the experience is another dream of his, like the ones he had about Padme and his mother both dying.

Thus, he would just assume that what Onasi is doing to him is just a product of his own mind and would allow his inner-demons to take hold of him again. Plus, if he thinks it's a dream or some type of Force-induced hallucination, he wouldn't tell Obi-Wan or Yoda about it. He would think that it's a product of his own mind as well as a punishment he deserves from his own conscience. Thus, he wouldn't tell Obi-Wan about it. (If he did, Obi-Wan and Yoda would be all over Onasi like a fat kid on a smartie.[face_beatup] [face_laugh] )

I think Onasi has to know more about Anakin's background than he's letting on. He knows about his marriage to Padme. He knows about Padme dying being a hot button issue for him. He knows enough to appear to Anakin like he's part of a dream of Force-vision so Anakin would be unlikely to ever tell Obi-Wan about what's been happening.

Yeah, Obi-Wan's calm detachment is fading fast. Maybe he figures the Code is no longer in effect, so why not? Or, perhaps he's figuring the stress of the last few days -coming on the heels of the Clone Wars and spending ten years raising/training Anakin- has finally driven him to a nervous breakdown and he no longer cares about propriety. LOL

Looking forward to the next post.

5. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Sidious is so incredibly cruel...

But I loved how Anakin still found the strength to deny what he said. As always it was written wonderfully. [:D]

And I loved Qui-Gon's intervention:

Leave the boy alone, came the voice of Qui-Gon Jinn. Stay in the shadows where you belong, Sith! He is not your plaything, for you to twist his mind as you will.

Amazing, I can't wait for the next part!

Ani-maniac

6. Bananakin_Fruiteater

Bananakin_Fruiteater Jedi Master

Nov 5, 2005
    I have been lurking on these boards for quite a while now. This story is definitely one of my favorites!

Usually, authors depict Anakin achieving an "instant salvation". You show a more gradual, more fluctuant transition from dark to light. Love it.

Purely speculation, of course, but Onasi seems to have an ulterior motive in tormenting Anakin. If he was trying to dispense justice, he could have killed him right there. After all, it shouldn't be horribly difficult to kill a heavily sedated person. However, Onasi leaves after stirring Anakin's despair and guilt. Almost identical to what Sidious does in this chapter...

I am eagerly awaiting your next post!

7. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Leave the boy alone, came the voice of Qui-Gon Jinn. Stay in the shadows where you belong, Sith! He is not your plaything, for you to twist his mind as you will.

It was impossible, but Sidious could no longer reach his apprentice through the Force.

HAH! Take that you old snake! Go Qui-Gon!! :D [:D]

Another awesome post, Sakura! :) *growls* May Sidious get what he deserves and soon! I was so glad to see Qui-Gon intervene and put a sort of layer of protection over Anakin, to keep the old bat from harming him further.

I hope this little encounter doesn't set things back with Anakin and Obi-Wan too much. [face_worried] [face_worried]

Again, great job! :D

AQ

8. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005

Bright light broke over them, pulling Anakin away, cradling him in acceptance and gentleness, and Sidious shied away, the uncertain contact shattering into a thousand pieces. He threw out a probe again, searching for Anakin?s presence, but he was met by fierce resistance, protective light. Leave the boy alone, came the voice of Qui-Gon Jinn. Stay in the shadows where you belong, Sith! He is not your plaything, for you to twist his mind as you will.

It was impossible, but Sidious could no longer reach his apprentice through the Force.

Question: would you rather me reply here or over at ff.net? I don't have time for both but I'll do whichever you prefer.

Very glad to see Qui-Gon show up. I am glad he is there to protect Anakin, and in turn the rest of the galaxy by shielding him from Sidious. It makes sense that a force ghost who has achieved something like that would be strong enough to push Sidious back with enough light so that he can no longer torment Anakin. I liked the way you Sidious trying to warp everything in Anakin's mind so that it was all Obi-Wan's fault. Great update!

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhhh awesome work! Totally enjoying this!

Loved how Obi stayed with him! [face_love]

Wonderful job! Loving the POVing of Obi!

10. light-

Oct 8, 2005
    " yeah, yeah ok"

woah! i didnt think that begging would work!! .. :eek:

lets try that again...update soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Wonderful job on this my padawan!

And shame on me for not finding this story sooner.

You've done a great job showcasing Anakin's pain, confusion and undying love for Padme.

I love Obi-Wan's devotion to him despite his feelings of failure.

And Qui-Gon showing up to chase Palpatine from Anakin's head - brilliant!!

Looking forward to more,

=D= =D= =D= =D=

12. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Excellent. Go Qui! Up Up Up!!!;)

13. light-

Oct 8, 2005
    1..2......3..5...oh wait missed a number [face_worried]

UP!!!!!date soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    =D= Leave the boy alone, came the voice of Qui-Gon Jinn. Stay in the shadows where you belong, Sith! He is not your plaything, for you to twist his mind as you will. I loved this part. I can't wait to see where you are going with all of this. It is really great.

15. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Ohhh. Great post. We now get more of a look at what Palpatine is doing as his latest cunning plan goes awry. I'm guessing he never figured Obi-Wan would try to actually save Anakin after all that he'd done. (Mercy is not a trait of the Sith).

Sidious is trying to reach through the master/apprentice bond he has with Anakin. However, Obi-Wan also has a master/apprentice bond -and it's one that has been there for longer and is deeper. I'm hoping that through that bond, Obi-Wan will realize that Palpatine is reaching out to try and agitate Anakin more and keep him from leaving the Dark Side. That will allow Obi-Wan and Yoda to actually do something about it. (They can't fix the problem if they don't know what's wrong).

Oh yeah, Palpatine is truly whispering some poison into Anakin's ears. That might be the reason behind some of his outbursts toward Obi-Wan in the medical centre and on the ship. But, if Obi-Wan is aware this is happening, it's something he can work around.

Ohh, so Anakin is actually resisting against Palpatine. That's good, but he's going to need some help. Right now, he's too weakened mentally and emotionally (largely due to his physical injuries) to resist too strongly. That's why I think Onasi is working with Palpatine. He's there to help keep Anakin in the Dark Side and throw off his mental focus.

Ah, Qui-Gon arrives just in time. While he's still unable to present himself to Obi-Wan anywhere but dreams, he's at his full strength in this mental connection between Anakin and Palpatine. As I see it, he can keep Palpatine out of Anakin's mind until Anakin is strong enough to fend it off himself. Even more importantly, Qui-Gon can inform Obi-Wan and Yoda what Palpatine is doing. Then, not only will they know Anakin's trying to fight off the Dark Side, but they have to help shield him from Palpatine until Anakin can shake off the Dark Side.

In a way, it's like Anakin is an addict who's gone cold turkey and is currently in extreme withdrawl. He needs help in keeping his mind focused until he's able to totally work the Dark Side out of his system.

Can't wait for the next post.

16. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    In a way, it's like Anakin is an addict who's gone cold turkey and is currently in extreme withdrawl. He needs help in keeping his mind focused until he's able to totally work the Dark Side out of his system.

You know, that's an excellent analogy of the whole thing, TJM. He's trying to swear off the 'habit,' and while those closest to you will usually rally around you to help you through the tough times ahead, there's always one person who will represent the ultimate temptation to jump off the wagon.

AQ

17. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Something else must have happened . . . something that had shaken the boy?s faith in the Dark Side. But Skywalker would find it wasn?t so easy to walk away from the teachings of the Sith. From Sidious himself. Once the darkness was tasted, to drink deep of it was a temptation few could withstand, and Skywalker had fallen easily . . . so easily, his passionate emotions and volatile nature making him easy prey for a Sith Lord who prided himself on being a master manipulator.

Sidious allowed himself a dark smile. The boy hadn?t even had a chance. Sidious had had the dark threads of his influence woven deep into Anakin?s mind before the young Jedi had even realized they were there.

Good old Sidious, always plotting and planning! ;)

But, he never planned on Qui-Gon's intervention! [face_laugh]

This is such a great story! =D=

I can't wait to see what will happen to Anakin! :D

You're very welcome for the help! [:D]

More, please! [face_batting]

18. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Hope the next post is coming soon.

19. light-

Oct 8, 2005
    why is this on the THIRD PAGE??!!

ahh update soon!! i love this!! <333333333

20. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    To TorontoJediMaster: Hmmm. Thanks! As for the italics, that was part of the reason. Also, the story is supposed to be pretty tightly in Obi's first person POV, so whenever it isn't him relating the story I put it in limited third and italics--a writing style thing. And yeah, it does work to Onasi's advantage, doesn't it? Very good points. Anakin doesn't tell Obi-Wan about it--at least, not yet.
    Hmmm. Yes, Onasi does know a lot, doesn't he?
    And I think everything Obi-Wan's been going through would drive me to a nervous breakdown. :D

To Ani-maniac: Yeah, Sidious is pretty awful, all right. Totally ruthless, for one thing, and rather sadistic, for another . . . . I'm glad you like that part! I was trying to show Anakin's wavering loyalties, while keeping it realistic. And thanks so much! [:D] I agree--Go Qui-Gon!

To Bananakin_Fruiteater: Glad you like it! And I definitely used to be a lurker as well, for quite a while. With Anakin's gradual return to the light, that is exactly what I was going for. When I started writing this story, I thought that I'd try and make his "redemption" as realistic as possible. Hmmm--interesting speculation. And interesting comparison. All I can say is that yes, he does have an ulterior motive in one way, for sure. ;)

To AngelQueen: [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] Hee hee! Indeed, take that Sidious! [face_beatup] As for Anakin and Obi-Wan . . . you'll see, eventually.

To Anakins_Force: Hmmm. A difficult question, that is. I think I'd rather you reply here . . . . Okay? Okay. Thanks so much for reviewing me! I'm really glad you liked that section. When I wrote it, I wasn't really sure about how well it would work out, but I ended up liking it. I'm really glad you thought it made sense.

To Kynstar: [face_blush] Why, thank you. I'm working hard on Obi's POV, so I'm glad you're liking it! :D

To light: Don't get too used to it! Darth Real Life might attack at any time (and is doing so, with a vengence!)

To KELIA: *bows respectfully* Not at all--thank you, Master. I'm honored. :D I'm glad you liked it. I'm really having a great time writing Anakin, so I'm glad you liked that part, and Obi-Wan, too. Hee hee--you all seemed to like Qui-Gon's showing up. I do too--when that plot twist occured to me I was so pleased with myself!!! [face_laugh]

To Dahlia_Santary: Why, thank you.

To light-: Heh heh. As you wish.

To Darth_Buddy: Thanks so much! I'm glad you like it! Hmm, Qui-Gon certainly seems to be popular.

To TorontoJediMaster: Oooh, another one! :D Yeah, it was a bit of a shock for Palpatine. As Luke said, "Your overconfidence is your weakness." You put all that--about the master/apprentice bond--very well. That was exactly what I was trying to get at! Very, very interesting thoughts. Yeah, Palpatine is being a big problem, and his trying to reach Anakin earlier was indeed what caused a lot of his bad attitude . . . . Right now, he's too weakened mentally and emotionally (largely due to his physical injuries) to resist too strongly. Heh heh. Exactly. And I liked the way you put that about Anakin's "addiction," too.

To AngelQueen: there's always one person who will represent the ultimate temptation to jump off the wagon. That's Sidious, all right . . . .

To Star_Drifter: Heh, that's for sure. Just like he didn't "foresee" getting tossed down the elevator shaft in RotJ! ;) I'm so glad you think so! [face_blush]

To TorontoJediMaster: Here it is!

To light-: The THIRD PAGE! AAAGH! Actually, you should see my Beyond story (the fourth page . . . ugh). And here you go!

Ten

I didn?t sleep well that night. My sleep was disrupted by an endless stream of dreams? more like memories, twisted just slightly, as if the darkness had seeped into my mind and perverted my very thoughts?long ago, the f

21. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Brilliant posts! =D=

Reunion with Anakin and Padme comming up! Let's hope Anakin listens to what Padme has to say.

22. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    This was a wonderful update!!!! [:D]

You have such a wonderful way of writing, and a terrific grasp of the characters.

So many parts stood out to me, but the one that really made me laugh was this line:

Padmé was sweaty and tired and clinging to my shoulder by the time we reached Anakin?s room, and the gratitude I was feeling that I was not a woman and would never have to go through this was not at all politically correct. :D

And I loved Yoda's advice to Obi-Wan as well:

?Friend, brother, father, you are. That, also, you should not discount.?

Wonderful work as always, I can't wait for the next post!

Ani-maniac

23. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    My mind immediately jumped to the fury that had burned in Onasi?s blue eyes as he confronted me. That man is a mass-murderer . . . a monster.

But no, how would Onasi have known that Padmé would have provoked such a reaction in Anakin?

He certainly would! Never trust someone who says something even remotely against one of the main characters. Nine times out of ten, they're going to be out for someone's blood. In this came, Onasi despises Anakin and probably would love to see him die.

I went to Padmé?s side as she slid her legs off the side of the bed and practically lifted her to her feet. It took a bit more effort than I expected, and she smiled at my ?oof? of effort. ?Afraid I weigh a lot more than I used to,? she said teasingly.

?Not at all, Senator,? I said. ?Light as an Aurean mist-flyer.?

Her smile widened. ?You,? she said, ?are a bad liar. Never go into politics, Master Kenobi.?

?I have endeavored to avoid it,? I answered...

*giggles* Aw, nice funny moment between Obi-Wan and Padmé! And she's right, of course. He'd be a disaster as a politician. ;) [face_batting]

?He . . . lost control yesterday at the mere thought he might have killed her, Master,? I said, finally able to keep my feelings to myself no longer. ?She was worried about him! She is the one person?? I hesitated and trailed off, not certain how I wanted to finish that sentence.

Yoda tapped his cane against the floor. ?Yes, Obi-Wan??

?The one person he cares for more than anyone,? I finished in a voice that was little more than a whisper. ?If anyone can bring him back to us, she can.?

Yoda peered up at me thoughtfully. ?Perhaps,? he said finally. ?Perhaps. And perhaps, underestimate yourself you do, Obi-Wan.?

?What?? I stared at him. ?Master?wh-what do you mean??

?More you are to . . . Anakin than Master, Obi-Wan,? Yoda said. Was it just me was his tone grudging and reluctant? ?Friend, brother, father, you are. That, also, you should not discount.?

Yes, yes! To Yoda you listen, Obi-Wan! Loves you as well, Anakin does!!

Right now, I'm not sure if it was a good call to bring Padmé in to see Anakin right now, not after what he went through with Sidious. Though, perhaps Qui-Gon is talking to him in his sleep right now and is calming him down, so that when he wakes he doesn't go postal on her. [face_praying] [face_praying]

Great post, Sakura! Wonderful read! I really hope Padmé's visit with Anakin does some good as well! :)

AQ

24. light-

Oct 8, 2005
    Yoda peered up at me thoughtfully. ?Perhaps,? he said finally. ?Perhaps. And perhaps, underestimate yourself you do, Obi-Wan.?

?What?? I stared at him. ?Master?wh-what do you mean??

?More you are to . . . Anakin than Master, Obi-Wan,? Yoda said. Was it just me was his tone grudging and reluctant? ?Friend, brother, father, you are. That, also, you should not discount.?

He hobbled off in a different direction and left me standing there in the hallway without a clue how to respond to that, or even what to think in response to his words.

does that mean obi wan will bring him back to the light?
    oh gees anakin still has yellow eyes.. *sigh* i like his other ones better.. stupid lenses... i mean uh stupid sith.. [face_beatup]

25. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    the thrill and adrenaline rush of a Podrace, moving too fast to see what was coming next with my eyes but seeing it nonetheless?but I?d never Podraced, had I??and rage and anger and Padmé in a white lace dress taking my mechanical hand in hers?what??pictures of myself with Padmé, holding and her and kissing her and?where was this coming from??facing . . . myself as I stood atop the ramp of Padmé?s starship?

A repetitive beeping sound cut through the sleepy fog in my mind, and I rolled over and groaned, brushing sleep out of my eyes, almost surprised to feel a beard under my hand, to discover that I was Obi-Wan Kenobi after all and not Anakin Skywalker. Still muzzy and half-caught in dreams, I struggled up to a sitting position. What had that been about?... Had I been picking up on Anakin?s thoughts and memories somehow?

Why was Obi-Wan seeing things from Anakin's perspective to the point that he was "almost surprised to feel a beard under my hand, to discover that I was Obi-Wan Kenobi after all". [face_thinking]
    I sense there is more to this dream than you are telling us... o_O

Excellent update, Sakura! You blend in just the right amount of humor in your posts!

It took a bit more effort than I expected, and she smiled at my ?oof? of effort. ?Afraid I weigh a lot more than I used to,? she said teasingly.

?Not at all, Senator,? I said. ?Light as an Aurean mist-flyer.?

Her smile widened. ?You,? she said, ?are a bad liar. Never go into politics, Master Kenobi.?

?I have endeavored to avoid it.?

[face_laugh] Great scene! [face_laugh]

You are a wonderful writer! =D=

I can't wait for the next post! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.