main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Resolution Between Shadows and Light--RotS AU, Updated 6/28!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SakuraTsukikage, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh-Halcyon

Josh-Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    Page 9????

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

UP!!

2. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Yet more very deserved feedback, ahoy, for our very fabulouso authoress.... (who I know has been just completely swamped of late, and I totally sympathize, and oh, honey....they'd just better give you a nice long relaxing break, and *soon*, or else I may very well have to come down there....and *make* them do it....arrrrrr!) Ahem.... :) But, yes....this latest installment, oh, so awesome as always....my heart was just clenched up so tight in my chest through that whole sequence with Quinlan, I felt as though I could scarce breathe o' times....and of course, soon as that dark presence found him (three guesses as to who, indeed) I immediately started to chant "oh no, oh *no*," very softly and very desperately to myself, 'cause I realized that maybe, just maybe....well, who knows, perhaps Sidious would conceivably try to use Quinlan against Anakin and Padme and Obi and, of course, just the whole lot of 'em....but especially Anakin, I daresay....wouldn't put *anything* past Sidious, obviously....
    I mean, hey, it's just the kind of twisted and cruel scheme he'd resort to right out of hand....finding someone else he could try to twist to his own warped and ugly ends, to use 'em as a tool, really, and just to cause yet more misery and chaos and despair, too, at that....I just had this vision of him trying to sic Quinlan on Anakin and the others like, well, like a wild nek, to use your vivid story metaphor....and yet, well, as much as I suspect a possibility like that is obviously to be feared - somehow I just don't see Quinlan being one to go "gently into that good night", and to let himself be so easily and quickly broken....after all, he's walked so long on the fine knife-edge of the dark side anyway, he's danced with it for so long without being permanently crushed in its embrace, and surely that more than proves his strength and endurance. I mean, hey, if what he's already had to do, be part of, and also now *been* through, hasn't yet broken him....then, really, what possibly *could*, considering?
    And then, too....Quin also has the thought of Khaleen and their little baby to hold close in his mind, to keep that near and dear to his heart and perhaps, you know, just perhaps....allow that, too, to give him strength enough to endure, and to forbear, and to just otherwise hold on so's he's not permanently and effectively broken like Sidious would obviously want him to be. Quin, I've got to believe, *has* to be made of stronger stuff than that....and hey - then, too, Obi *did* make contact with him, after a fashion....sensed him through the Force, reached out to him, and they had a bit of a dialogue there - and Quin was warning him to stay away, find someplace safe, and all that....and clearly, of course, Obi *did* recognize it as indeed still being Quinlan, his comrade and friend, no matter how close to the dark Quin had once skirted....so, well, taking all that into account, I....ah, heck, I've just gotta believe that Quin's gonna be fine as well, that he'll somehow make it through this....
    That he will, then, be of stronger mettle than to be broken and submissive to Sidious' will....if *ever* anyone (well, anyone other than *Anakin* first and foremost, natch) could do that, could walk so close to the dark all this time and yet still not be consumed by it....if he could, then, still be very much who he was, and not have lost himself to it....then, well, surely that's the proverbial half the battle won right there, and I just can't bring myself to believe that even Sidious won't be able to permanently break one so stubbornly and valiantly, defiantly strong. Heck, considering the very dreadful uses that Sidious could conceivably try to put Quinlan to, I've just *reeeeeeally* got to believe that Quin himself will be okay....oh, the poor guy, though.... *whimpers slightly* Oh, and....I do very much stand by my previously-stated desire to seriously want to thwap Onasi around the cabin just a little more....
    I mean, really, if he uses the word "traitor" one more time, or even worse still if he says it to Anakin's *face* yet a

3. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Wow, this has been a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg time without an update.

4. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
  5. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    I apologize for the lack of updates, everyone. I have finals right now, and several huge projects to go along with it. I've been really busy this spring and just haven't had any time; I've hardly been on the Internet at all. Pretty soon, though, the semester will be over, and I'll be back.

6. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    Ack! It's been a while! Don't worry, Sakura! That gave me less to have to catch up on. But now I'm ready for another chapter!

I'm not very familiar with Quinlan Vos, but I'm interested now in what you have in store for him.

Palpatine's coming, eh? This should prove to be very interesting. I just got a crazy thought--maybe Anakin will abuse Onasi a bit to fool Palpatine into thinking he's in the dark? Eh...maybe not, but it's a thought.

Anakin will definitely be more at home in the pilot's seat. It seems to be having an extremely positive effect on him. It will be very good for him.

Looking forward to the next update!

7. Jedi_Maeyane

Jedi_Maeyane Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    I just found this. I'm only up to chapter 10 but I am absolutely dazzled by what you've written!!!!
    I'm going to have to lock myself in my office all day tomorrow and read until I'm current. Please add me to your PM list.

8. Jedi_Maeyane

May 26, 2005
    I had to hunt for the link..

up!

9. Jedi_Maeyane

May 26, 2005
    ok...I finally caught up to current installment.

What an amazing writer you are! I am entranced by your exploration of the relationships between these characters.

I can't begin to tell you how much I'm enjoying the story.

Please update soon!

10. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    Okay, I'm back--meaning that I'm done with finals, and so forth. The next update will be up soon, this summer, and I apologize profusely for the delay!

11. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Yay, I'm so glad you're here, and that you're alright....and that you survived the mad frenzy of finals and made it through okay (and you have nothing at all to apologize for, believe me!)....just as we knew you would, though. ;) Ah, how we've missed you....more than anything else, I daresay, just missed *you*.... :D *tackles our authoress in many gleeful and grateful hugs*

Dawn.

12. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    UPping this, hoping that an update will be coming soon.

13. Venus_Star2-com

Venus_Star2-com Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    I have read all the chapters and you left it there???????

arrrgh

rachel

come back soon

14. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    Up again!

15. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    Hi

Can you PM me updates? I have been enjoying this story

16. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    Wow, it's been awhile, hasn't it! I am so so sorry about the wait. But don't worry, there will be another update soon! I'm back!

17. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Thank God! [face_dancing]

I've been suffering withdrawals from the lack of posts, and I was begining to get worried that you weren't going to continue with this brilliant story!

Welcome back [:D]

18. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    What happened here? It's been over a month now. Is everything okay?

19. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Hmmmm.

This is straining the definition of the word "soon".

20. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    I agree.. I do hope you haven't abandoned this wonderful fic Sakura.

21. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    Yeah, I'm sorry about that. Unavoidable circumstances, and Darth Real Life. But I'm back now--I really, really, am--and I'm working on the next update right now! It'll probably be up by the end of the week, really!

22. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Yippee!! :D *ecstatically dances all around the room for a time* I swear I literally squealed aloud when I checked the forums just now and saw this simply fabuloso story thread right up there again....eeeeeeek, I'm so excited to see the update, which we of course just *know* will be fabulous, simply and edge-of-your-seat spine-tinglingly, compellingly awesome....have I lately mentioned just how very, very much I can't wait? ;) :D *bounces gleefully* Mmmmmmm, yes, this is gonna be great, I just *know* it....indeed I do. ;) Whee, excellent! Oh, our most fabuloso and amazing authoress, wherever would we be without you, honestly....

Dawn.

23. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    It's a miracle--a new post. Sorry about the Great Hiatus, everyone (just be glad it was three months and not three years, right?), but Darth Real Life was unavoidable, and during the summer I just had a hard time writing. This next part is short, but there will be more up before the end of the weekend. I'll do reader replies in a bit, but I just want to get this up right now.

Twenty-Three, Part One

?Sith it,? Onasi swore violently from behind us, and even I could feel my breath hitch in surprise. A huge wedge-shaped ship cut across the sky in front of us, bisecting the stars. There was another, smaller cruiser on its other side. I recognized the bigger ship immediately?a Victory-class Star Destroyer, new on the market and one of the most powerful ships in the Republic Fleet. ?What the hell are you doing, boy?? Onasi demanded. ?Bringing us out of hyperspace into this.?

Anakin ignored him and slapped the controls to his right, but his sudden surge of annoyance, mingled with urgency and focused concentration, reached me, and I suddenly realized the answer to Onasi?s question. How Anakin had sensed it, I didn?t know, but I knew better than to question his instincts and reflexes when it came to this sort of thing.

?There?s a gravity well projector,? I told Onasi. ?On the Star Destroyer. If we had stayed in hyperspace we?d just have been wrenched out in a moment anyway. At least this way we have the element of surprise.?

?Obi-Wan,? Anakin?s terse voice broke in. ?Lock in the auxiliary power.? He glanced over at me and grinned. ?You know, Master. This is where the fun begins.? I knew that smile, and so I shook my head even as I obeyed his order.

Onasi wasn?t going to know what had hit him.

The com crackled to life, and a voice I recognized as that of a clone pilot struggled through the static to order, ?Unidentified Telosian cruiser. Stand down and wait for boarding. This is a cruiser of the Galactic Empire. Repeat, stand down and prepare for boarding.?

?They certainly don?t waste time, do they?? I muttered.

Anakin switched the com off with a sideways swat of his hand. ?They know who we are,? he said in an odd, far-away voice, and I didn?t bother to ask how he had obtained that information. Even for a Jedi, Anakin was sometimes eerie.

Onasi did bother with the question, however. Both Anakin and I ignored him. It was not really one of those things that was easily explained.

?They were waiting for us, weren?t they?? I asked.

Anakin shrugged as he brought the ship hard to the side. ?Probably,? he said. ?Hold on!?

He threw the ship hard into reverse.

Onasi gave a choked yelp as he was slammed into the wall at the back of the cockpit, and I could see Anakin?s grin, but I forbore from mentioning it. ?Pull all the power from the deflector shields and shunt it into engines, Obi-Wan,? Anakin said, and I obeyed. ?Be ready to fire if they get a lock on us,? he added, and then he threw the ship to the side. It shot forward, right between the two cruisers, and Anakin slapped the com on. ?Tell the Emperor he can eat my ion-trail,? he said fiercely, and switched it off again.

?Anakin?? I started, but he just shook his head.

?They?re going to start firing in a second,? he said, and then stopped the ship so that for a moment we were hovering right over the bridge of the Star Destroyer.

I could see his hand press down on the trigger for the ship?s lasers at the same time Onasi burst out, ?What in all nine hells do you think you?re doing??

?Saving our backsides,? Anakin answered as the green laser bolts impacted against the ship?s bridge, leaving scored tracks of black, twisted metal where they hit. The ship?s shields flickered into life a second later, and our ship shot forward again.

?Why didn?t they have their shields up?? Onasi demanded, grabbing onto the back of my seat with one hand to steady himself.

?Not fast enough,? Anakin said distractedly. ?It?d be crazy for a light transport this size to go head-to-head with a Star Des

24. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    ?There are other ways to disable a ship besides ship-to-ship combat,? I replied. It was a crazy plan, but it looked like we would need a crazy plan to get us out of this.

Anakin looked at me wildly. ?No, Master,? he said. ?It?s too dangerous.?

?Dangerous for me, Anakin,? I said, ?not for you.? As far as I was concerned, it wasn?t that big a risk. ?If I don?t return, you can always escape on your own. By splitting up, it lessens the risk that they?ll get both of us.?

Anakin turned the ship and shot at a nearby fighter, but his eyes had turned lost and hollow. I caught a quick echo in the Force from him?But I won?t be there to make sure you don?t get killed. We were so used to partnership, I thought, that we both felt off-balance when we worked alone. ?You?ll still be out here, flying the ship,? I said. ?We?ll need you, Anakin, to pull it off.?

Yeah! Update. Great tactics coming up. I am so happy to see you back Sakura!

25. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Yeehawwww! And she's back with a tactical bang!

Sorry that you had a hard time writing, but I'm so glad you're back to posting, anyway. And with a great update, to boot. So Obi-Wan's going to try something insane ... poor Anakin, having to deal with all this at once. This just left me thirsting for more. I loved all the technical details about gravity wells and that phrase "bisecting the stars." Neat.

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.