main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Resolution Between Shadows and Light--RotS AU, Updated 6/28!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SakuraTsukikage, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Oh goodness, Obi-Wan's going to infiltrate a Star Destroyer? Sounds like fun. And why do I sense Onasi's gonna bite it? Although I hope Obi can do more than take out a few systems, like he did in ANH. Like rig the Vicstar to blow or something.

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It's great to see the reckless Anakin back. Yeah, I can see them succeeding with a crazy plan. Nobody would ever think them to try it.

3. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Oh Sakura, I am so glad you have updated this wonderful fic! Such excitement and uncertainty. Loved it! I can't wait to see how Anakin and Obi-Wan get out of this mess.. and what of Padme? So many questions, I'll be waiting anxiously for more.Once again I am glad DRL let go for a while so that you could write again.

4. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Okay, I haven't done reader-replies in what feels like a millenium, so this is going to take some time, but here goes:

Luna_Nightshade: Yeah, I was pretty excited about Quinlan Vos--I thought that since the comics had him survive Order 66 (they did, didn't they?), I could definitely play around with that in an AU, of all things. ;) Anyway, I think piloting will be really good for Anakin--not to mention that it's something he can do and do well even without being in top condition.

Valairy_Scot: [face_blush] Thanks so much. I don't think there's any higher compliment you could give me than that kind of empathy [face_blush].

padawan lunetta: It's a Skywalker thing. ;) I have certain feelings of love for Obi-Wan myself, I have to admit, especially after writing him in first person all this time. I'm sure everyone (except Palpatine, of course) would be thrilled if he were to meet his demise at your hands :p. Sorry I took so long.

astarael: Yeah, and you have no idea how excited the idea of writing him makes me! :) It's gonna be fun, I can tell that already. Some Onasi shock is in the last post, but I promise there's more to come.

Qui-Dawn: *gives five e-chocolate cookies because of the wait* Your thoughts on dreams are extremely interesting, and that's all I'm going to say about that right now. What you say about Anakin's fears I definitely agree with, and a lot of that's right where I'm coming from in his character arc. I think fear, both of himself and what might happen to his loved ones, is a big part of Anakin's character, especially a big motivating factor, and I plan to really explore that in his character arc in this story. And definitely don't forget Qui-Gon! (He'll be making a reappearance soon, as well.) Khaleen and Korto are definitely fun to write--I think it's always fun to play around with the more minor characters as well as the ones we all know and love from the movies.

jedi_princess18: Thanks! He certainly is, isn't he? I really want to bring that across in this section (though I don't know how well I'm doing, exactly). Sorry it took so long!

KELIA: Onasi's like that, isn't he? :D But, well, that's how I want him to be, so I'm pleased to hear it's working out. As for Sidious, maybe it's good and maybe it's bad, eh? Always in motion is the future.

VA_Parky: I definitely think Quin is fascinating. And since I have a bit of a record (in Beyond, mostly) of being fascinated by minor character, he's just another one to add to the list. Sorry it took so long, and thanks so much! [face_blush] I have to say, though, my strength isn't in writing action, so the movies might have been a lot less action-packed and exciting if I'd written them. ;) (I still haven't figured out how to effectively portray a lightsaber battle on the page--it's hard!)

bibphile: Glad you thought so! Interest and curiosity were what I was really going for there--that's what one hopes for when introducing a new plot point, I think. And as for that line, I wasn't sure about it, either, but I had to have some sort of transition. Thanks for your thoughts, though, I'm always curious about what works and what doesn't work for different readers! (Please, if you have any more con-crit, PM me! :D) As for the Anakin and Obi-Wan interaction, I'm glad you liked it--and it's been fun for me to write Onasi's . . . realizations, shall we say. And for sure, that's Anakin.

bi0nic: Sorry it took so long for the next one! I worked hard on the Vos section, so I'm glad to hear it paid off (I'm pretty proud of it). I'm really having fun with the relationship between Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Onasi. Personally, I'm not overly hostile to Onasi, either (seeing as how I created him, and I know what makes him tick), but he's not supposed to be the most likeable of fellows (if anyone's interested, I based his character partly on Javert in Les Miserables in terms of personality, thou

5. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Welcome back! [:D]

It is indeed great to see the reckless and feisty Anakin back again. I was happy to watch him take pride in something he can do so well again, and to use that crazy logic of his to figure out such crazy plans. But seeing Obi-Wan leave him again... oh, my boys. They know they need to be together, but it is wonderful to see them willing to let each other go again and still trust.

And this is one crazy insane plan! I can't wait to see how it all goes down. And the gravity well projector... Oh, its always the little things with the Empire, isn't it? *grin*

I can't wait to see what happens! I'm so happy to have you back... t'was a long summer for everyone. Much =D=, Sakura. Hope to see you soon!

6. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    It's great to have you back! :)

I'm embarrassed to admit that I almost forgot about this wonderful story! [face_blush] Imagine my surprise when I saw your PM! :eek: :D

This update was well worth it. [face_dancing] I just hope Obi-Wan's plan works....

7. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    It is great to see you back! [:D]

Onasi wasn?t going to know what had hit him.

How true. :D

His eyes were haunted, full of torment and uncertainty, but somehow just his saying those words?the last thing he?d said to me before Vader had destroyed both our lives?made everything feel more right.

I love that line. =D=

I look forward to the next part! :)

Ani-maniac

8. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    YAY! You're back! And what a way to rejoin the story, Sakura! Whew, it didn't take you long before you had me assuming my normal position - on the very edge of my seat! Wow!

Love seeing Anakin and Obi-wan in action once again. It's so reassuring - like a favorite old sweater or something. I love it! Now I just have to hope that something (or someone) doesn't come along and undo it all!

Can't wait for more! I LOVE this story!!! Hip, hip hooray!

9. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    I just found this and...wow. This is amazing, truly amazing. Usually, I haven't liked ROTS AU's that placed Anakin's redemption after Mace's death, but the writing here is so good that the story seems plausible. Characters are brilliantly realized, as is the so-far simplistic, effective plot.

As for Onasi, I wonder if his views will change when he learns who Carth was loyal to.

10. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Yay! You're back! I was begining to wonder if you had forgotten this story.

Excellent post! I wonder if this plan of Obi-Wan's will work...

11. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    wOOt! you're back! and lookee all it took was a spin in the cockpit and destroying ships for anakin to be like the good old times! great detail, loved the description and lol, poor onasi, i'm sure anakin enjoys taking him for a ride. ooh obi's gonna infiltrate the star ship on his own...fun! ...for us! :D

12. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    As a note, before I get down to reader replies, I recently started my entries into Zonoma's Drabble Challenge, and Week 1 is for Anakin. You can find them here. Now--

Luna_Nightshade: Thanks so much! [:D] It's good to be back!
    Personally, I'm having a ton of fun writing a stronger Anakin, and having him actually participate in the action, if you know what I mean, felt great. As for Obi-Wan, that's pretty much what I was thinking. Trust is an important part of Obi-Wan's and Anakin's relationship for them to repair, and the part that has probably been damaged the most severely by the events in RotS. I think writing the plan and all is going to be fun [face_devil], and yeah--with the Empire, the devil is definitely in the details. See you around! :D

jedi_princess18: Thanks! :D I can't blame you for forgetting. I'm glad you liked the update! Yee-hah!

Ani-maniac: [:D] [:D] [:D] Haha, Onasi didn't know what had hit him, did we? I had to put that part in there, I just couldn't resist. As for the next part, it'll hopefully be up soon!

VA_Parky: [:D] Thanks so much! I had a lot of fun writing the action in this post, despite all the trouble it gave me; it's fun to do something different. And thanks!!! :D

Jek_Windu: Wow, a new reader! Pleased to see you, and welcome! Thank you so very much for your kind words. I know exactly how you feel--it's hard, at least in my view, to make a redemption AU feel realistic, and that's definitely what I'm trying to do here. Your thought on Onasi is interesting--I'm glad you picked up on that little irony, since I did it on purpose. I'm sure this version of Onasi would be shocked by his ancestor's more open-minded thought processes, at least at the moment :p.

astarael: Yep, I'm back! :D And nope, not forgotten, just--stalled. But we're going forward again now!

Stella_Ripple: That's exactly how I feel--I'm so happy to be back! Anakin's definitely more himself these days, and I admit I had probably as much fun as Anakin did taking Onasi for a ride, as it were. It should be exciting!

13. bibphile

bibphile Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    I enjoyed this chapter. I'd be more specific except I can't pick out what pieces I like best. I just liked it.

14. bi0nic

bi0nic Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Hey! It's great to see you back into full swing with this story, Master!

A huge wedge-shaped ship cut across the sky in front of us, bisecting the stars.

That's a brilliantly vivid piece of description to start off with. It immediately paints a picture of where our characters are and just feels quintessentially Star Wars.

Way to pull us right back into the story, I can't wait for more!

15. Jedi_Maeyane

Jedi_Maeyane Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    You're back!! I'm so GLAD!

Wonderful update...its wonderful to see Anakin and ObiWan partnering up again.

I can't wait to read more.

Thanks for the PM!

16. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Welcome back.

So, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Onasi are going to try and disable a Star Destroyer somehow? That sounds like...something they would do. I'm seeing Onasi somehow being continually dragged along and caught up in their various insane plans. LOL

I'm looking forward to the rendezvous with the women. I'm still guessing they're bound for Tatooine eventually.

Incidentally, have Anakin's injuries impeded his Force abilities at all? Lucas has said that the injuries Anakin receives on Mustafar and the subsequent implantation with cybernetic components reduced Vader's Force-strength greatly. He was now less powerful than Palpatine, not to mention greatly slowed up by the suit. (You sense that if Luke had been trained since birth, the way Jedi of old were, Vader wouldn't have lasted ten seconds against him).

Meanwhile, Anakin and Obi-Wan are going by their old playbook: namely, figuring that their opponents would NEVER imagine they'd be so foolish as to attempt such a scheme, and thus aren't prepared for it....Never guessing what Anakin and Obi-Wan are like. LOL Perhaps Onasi -as a relative newcomer to what is, to them, a typical day- might point out the inherent flaws in their "cunning plans". LOL

17. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Moving this up.

18. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    Hey, no problem. You don't know how many times I've had a project lined up or something only to get busy and months later contacting someone saying, "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" :p

I really enjoyed this update, I must say. It really feels like we're back in Star Wars. I mean we were there the whole time, but this really had that fun Star Wars feeling. Very sweet! I get the feeling Obi-Wan's going to be using some ANH-style skills to get them out of there. :D This should be awesome. I look forward to the next update! Great work!

19. timerift22

timerift22 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    hmmm

wow yeah you got ff.net

and jedi council forums

then you shadows and light

then youve got darkness and light

and i got all confused with the updates takeing so long i lost track of WHAT i was reading WHERE

when i saw this i started all over and realized it was one id been reading before i love(d) it so much (still do of course)

please dont take so long now i hope the boys all get out of this okay though you can feel free to off onais if you want.

hehehehe

Snow

ps pm list for me okay?

id like to know when there's updates.

20. timerift22

timerift22 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    hmmm

wow yeah you got ff.net

and jedi council forums

then you shadows and light

then youve got darkness and light

and i got all confused with the updates takeing so long i lost track of WHAT i was reading WHERE

when i saw this i started all over and realized it was one id been reading before i love(d) it so much (still do of course)

please dont take so long now i hope the boys all get out of this okay though you can feel free to off onais if you want.

hehehehe

Snow

ps pm list for me okay?

id like to know when there's updates.

21. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
  22. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    bibphile: Thanks a lot--I'm glad you liked it! :) I understand what you mean.

bi0nic: Thanks so much! :D I'm glad you thought it felt like Star Wars to you, because that's always the feeling I'm trying to capture. :)

Jedi_Maeyane: Thanks! I'm definitely happy to be back! I had a lot of fun with that section. ;) And you're welcome.

TorontoJediMaster: Thanks. It does sound like something they'd do, doesn't it? I was kind of working off the whole "spring the trap" mentality in RotS--I'll be writing that part soon, and I think it'll be fun! Personally, I'm looking forward to the rendezvous with the women, as well. As far as Anakin's Force abilities go, that'll come into the story later, but since his injuries are nowhere near as debilitating as Vader's were in the original trilogy, he lost nowhere near the same amount of Force strength. And I'm having a lot of fun with their "cunning plans" while writing the next installment. :p

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO: Thanks! I had a lot of fun with the Star Wars action feel in that one, and I know what you mean--Star Wars doesn't quite feel like Star Wars until there's been a space battle! I'm looking forward to actually getting some action written!

timerift22: I know, it can be pretty confusing, can't it? I'll PM you, for sure! :D

Well, this section is a bit of an interlude between action and more action. I wonder what you'll all think? ;)

Twenty-Three, Part Two

Sidious smiled as he stared out across the stars. And so, after all this, his apprentice had come back to him, practically delivering himself into Sidious?s waiting grasp. It had been pointless to resist all along, though perhaps Skywalker?Vader?did not yet realize it?such was the lure of the dark side. But the shadows were rooted in Skywalker?s heart now; the paths once trod to darkness called with irresistible beckoning for their servant to succumb and follow them once again to the seductive power they held. Anakin Skywalker might think he had renounced Vader, that he had returned to the light, but all he had done was defy Sidious. The darkness remained, festering in his heart, and while the darkness remained, while Vader remained, Anakin was still his.

He turned away from the viewport, motioning for the clone troopers to continue their duties as he left the bridge and turned into the hallway leading to his private chambers. He had some items of business to conclude before his plans began to unfold in earnest.

The door to his quarters hissed open at his approach, and Sidious stepped inside, then turned to the communication panel set into the wall. He activated the most secure channel with a flick of his hand.

Immediately a face filled the screen before him, inky marks as jagged as teeth stood out livid and savage against pale skin. She had added to the tattoos that were her only ornament since she?d left Dooku, and the changes had left her stark face even more pitiless and cruel. It had been a great benefit, his rediscovering of Ventress like this, even if she was unsuitable for training as a true Sith. She was a deadly weapon nonetheless, and the promise of greater power kept her firmly in his grasp. She was one of the weapons Sidious intended to use against the most persistent vine-thorn in his side?Kenobi. The Jedi Master wasn?t as much of a weakness for Skywalker as Amidala, but he was nearing that level. Sidious had felt Anakin shifting away from his own influence to cling tighter and tighter to Kenobi; he could feel how much Anakin needed the older Jedi?s support and guidance at that moment. Regrettable perhaps, but nearly as useful. And Kenobi had placed himself almost in Sidious?s grasp, even more neatly than he?d hoped for.

?Bring the Jedi before me,? he ordered, and Ventress?s lips drew back in a sharp, feral smile.

?As you wish, my lord,? she answered. The screen flickered once and went black.

Sidious couldn?t prevent his lips from cu

23. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Brilliant story!!! =D= =D= =D=
    Sidious is realy machiavelical as I love him! [face_devil]
    But then again, although I'm quite worried concerning Anakin, he knows nothing of the plans Skywalker can imagine to escape.

Keep it up, and please, add me to your PM list.

24. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    NOOOOOO! Quin, he's SITH, that means that he LIES!

25. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Sidious is, as always, a master manipulator. So, Ventress is back. I hope Obi-Wan finishes the job proper this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.