main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Resolution Between Shadows and Light--RotS AU, Updated 6/28!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SakuraTsukikage, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. light-

light- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    yes i know i already posted but wow i like typing

so neways..

i saw this on ff.net and i read up to ch. 14 but i still like posting here.. ive sworn to myself that i will stop looking there so i can still be excited when i find an update here lol

this is going great .. =D=

2. Bananakin_Fruiteater

Bananakin_Fruiteater Jedi Master

Nov 5, 2005
    Yet another fantastic post. You are a truly gifted writer.

What I like most about this chapter is your classic portrayal of Obi-Wan -- just the perfect amount of subtle humor and humility. He does not realize that his fraternal love for Anakin is essential to Anakin's redemption!

I apologize for the short comment, but my to-do list just isn't getting any shorter...

Bananakin

3. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Great post.

Poor Obi-Wan. First he has a night of weird dreams. Then, then he oversleeps followed by having to talk with Shian first thing out of bed. Clearly his isn't the forebodings of a good day.

Mind you, the dreams he's been having might be of use. If he can see things from Anakin's perspective -see what Anakin's thoughts and feelings have been, it will help Obi-Wan understand why he went to the Dark Side and how Palpatine has been controlling him. I wouldn't be surprised if Qui-Gon was somehow responsible for linking Obi-Wan's subconcious with Anakin's. (As Qui-Gon can currently only talk with Obi-Wan while he's sleeping, it makes sense that Qui-Gon would try for do a mental link between them while both his proteges are asleep). I suspect Qui-Gon is doing that so Obi-Wan can get an idea of what is going through Anakin's mind.

Hmmm, Obi-Wan is starting to suspect Onasi -despite his desires to be fair to the man. He shouldn't be worried about his prejudices clouding matters. It's the logical conclusion. Aside from Padme, Yoda, himself, Shian and Onasi; nobody there knows that Anakin had become Darth Vader. When you add in the fact that Shian wouldn't do it (she didn't seem to take Anakin's presence as a personal affront, plus she had no idea on the background of any of them until a day or so before. This clearly isn't a personal matter for her, and whoever was disturbing Anakin wanted to make it personal). Yoda and Padme wouldn't do it either, and Obi-Wan certainly didn't....that leaves one suspect left. It does beg the question how he knew that Padme was a very hot button to push with Anakin, as well as how he got into the room without alerting any of the medical staff -droids or otherwise. (An ICU room like that would be closely monitored for patient care, and the droids would likely record the presence of any visitors).

I liked that Obi-Wan realizes that getting Padme in to see Anakin is beneficial. Mind you, in her condition, it begs a couple of questions. One, wouldn't they have gotten her some type of hoverchair to bring her to his room? (I mean, that would not only be logical but something Shian would insist on). Or, couldn't they also have maybe let her speak to him through a monitor? It would allow her to assuage his anxiety without any risk of either moving her or any Vader-ish flare-ups from him?

Mind you, it is a significant thing that Obi-Wan realizes the benefits of him seeing her. He's realized that attachments and emotional connections can indeed be a good thing. During the three years of war, he saw the effect on Anakin whenever he got to be with Padme even for a short while. I'm sure he always saw attachments as dangerous things that could lead to the Dark Side. But now he's realized that attachments can also serve to bring someone back to the Light Side. He's also realized that keeping Anakin's relationship with Padme hidden is no longer relevant as he and Yoda currently comprise two-thirds of the entire Jedi Order (providing Anakin currently isn't in one of his Vader mood swings. LOL).

Wow, big admission from Yoda. (BTW, nice that Yoda was sitting with Anakin.) Even he's starting to realize that attachments can serve a good purpose. As he points out to Obi-Wan, Padme might be Anakin's wife...but Obi-Wan is his father, brother and best friend. Yoda's pretty much conceded that attachments have always been present in the master/padawan relationships and that they can work for the Light Side. I think that it would take Padme and Obi-Wan together to bring Anakin all the way back...and help him deal with what he did, once he's physically recovered. I wonder how Obi-Wan will deal with the truism Yoda has just told him.

Yeah, Palpatine does tend to get overconfidant. He makes vastly elaborate plans and doesn't allow for any type of contingencies. (He's like Pinky in Pinky and the Brain).

Can't wait for the next post.

4. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    This is honestly one of the best written stories I have read in a while. I can't get enough. So u better hurry with the next update.;)

UP!!

5. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    im loving it!
    It's so nice to see anakin trusting Obi wan again,he cares for him even if he doesnt know how to show him how much ;) I love Obi, he's such a softie!![face_blush]

6. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005

?More you are to . . . Anakin than Master, Obi-Wan,? Yoda said. Was it just me was his tone grudging and reluctant? ?Friend, brother, father, you are. That, also, you should not discount.?

I like this part. Poor Obi-Wan, he's so hard on himself. He never believes that he is good enough, yet here he is doing everything he can to save Anakin, and in turn, the galaxy. Yoda sees it, and reluctant though he is, he wants Obi-Wan to see what everyone else sees.

Great update.

7. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    To astarael: Thank you! And yes, reunion coming up indeed--I have to say, this Anakin and Padme scene has been one of my favorites to write so far!

To Ani-maniac: Thanks! [face_blush] I appreciate your reviews and compliments so much! Yeah, I thought Obi-Wan would try really hard to be all pc--the Star Wars galaxy strikes me as being sort of like ours in the feminist respect--women have had equality for a longer time than ours, but there still seems to be some tension, possibly from the mix of cultures inherent in their culture, or the Empire wouldn't have been able to disenfranchise women so quickly. Just some random thoughts there, I guess.

To AngelQueen: Ah, Obi-Wan. He really does try to be fair. I just wanted to show Obi's fundamental goodness and fairness tripping him up, because not everyone is as honorablea nd fair as he is. I couldn't resist with Obi-Wan and Padme. They always struck me as having a rather friendly, relaxed, working relationship, and I just wanted to bring that out more. And he would be a disaster as a politician, mostly because he hates them so much--and he really is a rather bad liar, even when it comes to his "certain points of view!" At least, I always thought so. As for Yoda--I'm trying to make him actually come across as wise, while at the same being a realistic character with his own issues. And of course Yoda's right! This time, at least. As for Anakin and Padme--you'll see . . . . :D

To light-: You know I can't answer that question. ;) And yeah, he does still have yellow eyes. I like the blue better too.

To Star_Drifter: Ummm . . . yes. Yes, there is. And thank you! It wouldn't be Star Wars without a little humor, would it? And thanks so much!

To light-: Feel free to post as much as you like! Even though you've already read it, I'd love it if you kept reviewing. And more is coming soon, I promise, both here and there!

To Bananakin_Fruiteater: Wow. Thanks. [face_blush] You sure know how to make a girl feel good about herself! Short comments aren't a problem. Thanks so much! I'm thrilled you're liking Obi-Wan so much. I've been working hard on his character, and I think I do him pretty well.

To TorontoJediMaster: Yeah, poor Obi. :( But at least he did get some sleep. About the dreams . . . very interesting insights. And I did mean for them to be of use, at least on one level. As for Onasi, things are beginning to fall into place indeed, and Onasi isn't as free of reprisal as he thinks. About the hoverchair, etc.--I have to admit, I simply didn't think of that. Now--boy, do I feel silly. Oh well. I'm sure I can come up with a reason they didn't use one--the facility is under-supplied and they were all requestioned already, that was it! ;) And yes, it is certainly a significant thing. I meant this to be one of the bigger turning points for both Yoda and Obi-Wan in the whole story. The whole Jedi deal is shifting around them, and they are having to make some big viewpoint shifts. I'm glad that came across well. And I love the way you describe these things--it just makes them that much clearer in my mind! So thanks! :D

To Dahlia_Santary: Wow, thanks so so much. And the update is here! :D

To michaellover: He is, isn't he? He tries so hard to deny it, but he really does have a soft heart.

To Anakins_Force: Glad to see you posting, as usual! [:D] Poor Obi-Wan, he's so hard on himself. He never believes that he is good enough, yet here he is doing everything he can to save Anakin, and in turn, the galaxy. Yoda sees it, and reluctant though he is, he wants Obi-Wan to see what everyone else sees. I really loved the way you put this. It can't be everyday that your reviwers give you so much more inspiration and understanding for a character! Exactly what I was trying to get across from Obi-Wan and Yoda.

Edit: Oh, yeah, author's note--I've been meaning to put this on for a long

8. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Oh this is wonderful! [:D]

I loved every acspect of this post!

He felt his heart stop, and then shatter, first into a few pieces, than into a thousand scattered across the landscape of his soul. This line is so incredibly beautiful!

The thought was unfair of me, and I knew it, but I just couldn?t seem to help myself where Onasi was concerned. It was as if I became a Padawan all over again in his presence, and a rather immature one at that.

I suddenly realized how Anakin must have felt toward Ferus.

And that one really made me smile. :D :D :D

Amazing post, I can't wait for the next part! :)

Ani-maniac

9. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Yes! Thank you! Now both Obi-Wan and Yoda are aware that Onasi is an extreme nut and needs to be thrown into a closet or something! Great post, Sakura! :D

*is slightly relieved* So Anakin didn't freak out and go nuts when he spotted Padmé. Whew. Now he's just begging for her to forgive him. :_| And knowing her, she'll give it to him. Sooner or later, anyway.

Well, hopefully Obi-Wan will keep an eye on Onasi in case he tries something on Anakin to get to Sid. Perhaps that will give him the excuse to lay the smackdown on him! Hah! *glares at Onasi* You're no match for him, you jerk! *smirks*

Again, awesome post! Can't wait for the next one! :D

AQ

10. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    This is a great story so far! So well written. Please PM me when you update!

11. michaellover

May 30, 2005
    What I saw was the red haze of rage that had risen up in front of my eyes in response to his words. I hadn?t felt like this since I had watched Darth Maul cut down my master while I stood helplessly by. My hands clenched into fists and unclenched again as I struggled to regain control over my emotions, but I feared I wasn?t having much success. ?Do I understand that you mean to?to use Anakin like some kind of?homing beacon to lure Sidious here??

Onasi looked as if I had grasped a difficult concept sooner than he had expected. ?Yes,? he said. ?That?s exactly what I?m suggesting.?

The red haze turned to hot, angry crimson. ?If you lay one hand on him?? I started, barely even aware that my voice was spiraling up several decibels and my hand had gone instinctively to the lightsaber at my belt.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Obi does really cares a lot for Anakin doesnt he? I like seeing him put everything in the line for Anakin and trust him again[face_love] it was so sad seeing them fight eachother in mustafar:_|
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    He looked at me as if I were a slightly simple child he was trying to lead to the correct conclusion to a simple mathematical equation. ?Vader, of course,? he said. ?What other use is the boy? He is our enemy, Kenobi. Don?t forget that. If his emotions can be twisted to suit the purposes of the Republic, there is no question at all as to what we should do. And he is so very easy to manipulate, surely you see that.?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Shame on you!!! bast*** :mad: I hope you and Palpy get close and personal very soon! after that Anakin and Obi wan can kill you both!!!(not very jedy alike, I know, but ...)8-}

12. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Yes Vader is their enemy but Obi-wan and Yoda also know him as Anakin their friend. And no matter how much they dislike what he has done it's not easy just to swicth off friendship.

13. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    KILL ONASI!!!

14. michaellover

May 30, 2005
    go girl!!!!!! I'm with her here, cant we just at least smack him around a bit???;)
    please??? pretty please with chocolate covered Ani on top??? [face_praying]

15. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    She held her hand to her mouth as if to somehow hold in the tears streaming slowly down her face and looked away from him. ?Anakin?oh, Anakin, what?s happened to you? Where?s the Anakin I know? The Anakin I love??

?Right here!? Anakin?s voice was raw and shaking with emotion, with desperation, and he nearly screamed the words. ?I?m right . . . here, Padmé!? Oh, Force, don?t let me lose her?please don?t let me have lost her?oh, Force, if I?ve lost her I?I can?t lose her, I can?t?

I like this whole scene, because it wouldn't be easy for either of them!

?Help me . . . take this mask . . . off . . . .?

[face_thinking] Hmmmm... That line sounds so familiar... ;)

?We will not!? Yoda said, and there was such presence in his gravelly voice that it made the hairs on the back of my neck prickle. Onasi fell silent and got to his feet without a word.
    But I could see the hunger in his eyes, and I knew that he had not abandoned his plan.

[face_frustrated] Somebody is going to have to do something about Onasi, or I will!

Great post, Sakura! Every part of it! =D=

Can't wait for more! :D

16. light-

Oct 8, 2005
    ?Master Yoda,? Onasi began.

?We will not!? Yoda said,

haha u tell em munchkin

17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Absolutely stunning - wow! I am still shivering (that is GOOD shivering).

This is - shakes head - so magnificent I don't have the words in me to praise it.

Wonderful.

Val

18. Bananakin_Fruiteater

Bananakin_Fruiteater Jedi Master

Nov 5, 2005
    Another spellbinding post. With each passing chapter I think to myself, "There is no way that last one could be outdone". But you continue to prove me wrong.

Onasi is your canonical utilitarian. From a logical standpoint, his bloodlust seems justified -- torture a single convict to save millions. I can?t help but think that there is a truth in Onasi?s paradigm. However, we all (myself included) consistently take the side of our beloved hero, Anakin...

Now back to those abominable college applications...

Bananakin

19. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    To Ani-maniac: I'm so glad you thought so! [face_blush] And sorry I forgot to send you a PM, I'm kind of spacy at three in the morning. :p I'm really, really happy you liked it.

To AngelQueen: Yeah, they are definitely more aware of Onasi now. And Anakin's been doing a lot of freaking out lately, I kind of wanted to shake it up a little :p Just kidding. Glad you liked it!

To Fat_Bird: Thanks! :) And yes, I will.

To michaellover: I enjoyed writing that, too. I think threatening Anakin like that is one of the few things that would really get Obi-Wan going. And yes--it was so sad :_| And I know how you feel about Onasi, really, I do.

To Jeditheskyisblue: Certainly true. Onasi just doesn't comprehend that sort of thing. He's a black and white sort of person.

To Dahlia_Santary: Heh heh [face_batting].

To michaellover: Be patient and your wishes will be fulfilled, I promise you.

To Star_Drifter: I'm glad you liked it. Yes, I thought so too. I tried to make it a balance between edginess and uncertainty and sappy romantic angstmush. Hmmmm... That line sounds so familiar... Hee hee! I couldn't resist. And--ah. Aha. Don't worry, something will be done about Onasi. Sooner or later. ;) And, of course [face_blush] SO glad you're liking it!

To light-: GO Yoda!

To Valairy_Scot: Wow. Wow. [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] Thanks. I'm thrilled you liked it so much. There's more on the way, I promise, and soon!

To Bananakin_Fruiteater: Thanks!!! [face_blush] I have to agree with you about that. In Onasi's point of view, what he's doing is entirely justified. And I remember college applications . . . good luck. @};- You should try out fastweb.com for scholarships! Of course, that only means writing more essays [face_sick]

20. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Oh, great post again.

Padme is really a great tonic for Anakin. It's like her presence, and knowing she's alright is the tool needed to drive Vader away and keep him away. That's both good and bad. Good, in that Obi-Wan and Yoda will see what is the key to keeping Anakin from the Dark Side. Bad, in that Palpatine will no doubt realize she's the key to what side of the Force Anakin alligns himself with. Doing something to Padme would undoubtedly be sufficient to drive him back to the Dark Side.

The breath mask causes his voice to be deeper? Hmmm. I'm guessing it's not the booming baritone he would have had with the full helmet and voice modulator that would have been his fate had Obi-Wan not saved him in time. Just what type of respiratory damage DOES he have? I'm guessing perhaps his lungs and brachial tubes were scorched by the superheated gases he must have inhaled.

Poor Obi-Wan...now he's roped into strategy meetings. Mind you, they're not at war...not yet, at least. I always got the impression it took years for any type of real action to begin against Palpatine. Padme, Bail and Mon Mothma helped lay the groundwork at the time of ROTS, but it took years for them to really get organized and equipped. (In the novelization, Bail tells Padme that type of secret organization she's thinking of will take twenty years before they have any real effectiveness.

Good thinking of Yoda to feat Palpatine being able to track Anakin there in the Force. That's why they should consider either Ysalmiri, or moving Anakin as soon as he's able to go. I'm guessing Yoda is especially wary of Sidious, after his inability to defeat him on Coruscant.

How many people with names like ?Sidious? do you think are running around the galaxy? . OMG, that was hysterical. I love the wit you've given Obi-Wan and his snappy comeback to such a dumb (to us) question.

Wow. That's some high-stakes sabaac Onasi is playing. He wants to LURE the Emperor there? And then what? Serve him with papers requesting his resignation? The guy took out four members of the Council -three without breaking a sweat. After that, he duelled and defeated Yoda. (Albeit it was close). Still, inviting Palpatine there is cause for trouble. Even more trouble is his suggestion to manipulate Anakin's emotions. Ethics aside, he's not someone you'd want to get too agitated. He tends to make things explode if he gets too upset.

My,my and my. Looks like Obi-Wan has picked up a little of his padawan's temper. He needs to be mindful. Loved how Yoda cooled him off. Nice to see that he recognized it wasn't emotions that led Anakin to the Dark Side, but a lack of control over them that did. It was also nice he referred to him as "Anakin", rather than "Vader". Even nicer was Yoda telling Onasi that despite his actions before, Anakin is lost, alone and in pain. Yoda clearly sees that what Anakin needs is help from them rather than a big confrontation. Another big moment for him.

<sighs> Looks like Onasi is going to cause trouble. Can't wait to see him finally run afoul of Obi-Wan and Yoda.

Can't wait for the next post.

21. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    To TorontoJediMaster: Thanks! Another good point, as usual. You know, you're giving me all sorts of ideas :p As for his voice, it was one way for me to suggest Darth Vader without being too obvious--and there had to be SOME way his voice got that much deeper. And that's kind of the damage I was assuming, too. As for them being at war, well, yes, at the moment there really isn't much they can do against the Empire. But they still feel and act as if they are at war. :D And I'm glad you liked that line! I'm fond of it myself. If I were Yoda, I would certainly be wary of Sidious at this point--another reason why he shoots down Onasi's plan as quickly as he does. And I wanted to portray Yoda as being wise and knowing what's going on, if he made mistakes. Yes, Onasi is a bit overconfident. He's never encountered the Emperor, after all, and he isn't too impressed by the Jedi. He's also just rather arrogant by nature. As for Obi-Wan--yes, indeed. Well, I kind of mean for him to be on the edge, so a lot of his control is fraying. And yeah, even though most of Yoda's big moments happen off-screen (or at least not in his POV), he is having them. And yeah, Onasi is, of course, trouble.

You can expect another post later today--pretty soon this story will up to where the one at Fanfiction.net is at, and then there will be a new chapter at both locations! I promise!

22. RamRed

RamRed Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    I am looking forward to the next chapters in this story. This is excellent!!!

23. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    To RamRed: Thanks! I'm glad you're looking forward to more--here it is.

Twelve

?I?d like a word with you.? I deliberately let a moment pass before I added the word, ?Commander.?

Onasi turned around at the door, his shoulders straightening subtly into that ramrod-straight military posture he had shown when we first met. ?Kenobi?? he asked stiffly. His voice was cold, rimed with frost. I ignored the warning in his tone. If Onasi thought he could intimidate a Jedi Master and General of the Clone Wars, he needed to be educated in a few home truths about Jedi.

I locked eyes with him and gave him a level stare. ?I suppose there are many ways of saying this, Commander Onasi, but I think I?ll go with the simplest this time. I don?t trust you.?

If anything, his posture grew straighter and his eyes colder. ?That?s odd, General Kenobi,? he replied. ?I could say the same thing about you.?

He doesn?t trust me? Who?s the only living Jedi who can honestly say he?s faced three Dark Lords of the Sith and defeated two? Who defeated General Grievous? Who?all right, calm down, Kenobi. Take a deep breath. This isn?t helping. I crossed my arms over my chest. ?Then we understand each other.?

He braced his feet against the floor as if settling into a fighting stance. ?I think we do. Master Jedi.? His words were sneering, scornful.

If he thought his scorn could hurt me he truly did not understand what I had faced over the years. ?Then you understand what I will do to you if you destroy Anakin in this . . . quest of yours.? I didn?t know what else to call the fiery compulsion I had seen in his eyes as he spoke of luring Sidious and putting an end to the Empire.

It was a threat, I don?t deny that, and not particularly well done of me. I just didn?t know what else to do.

Onasi?s eyes flashed at that, his mouth tightening into a thin line. ?Anakin has already been destroyed, Kenobi. There is nothing left of him in that murderer, nothing! I don?t understand how you, of all people, can be so blind. He destroyed your very life, everything you?ve fought for, and still you defend him? What is wrong with you? What evil casts a shroud over your eyes to cloud your vision? What fog obscures your judgment? The boy is lost!?

?He is not lost!? It was the first time I had said those words since his fall, and they burst out of me before I even really had time to examine them. But as I said them I realized how firmly I believed them, how I had to believe them. That hope alone had kept me moving the last few days when all I wanted was to curl in on myself and sob until the huge rift that had torn my heart in two scabbed over, until I no longer felt my soul?s blood ebbing slowly away into the dark and echoing chasm that had once held the presence of the other Jedi. That hope, fragile and insubstantial as it was, was all I had left to cling to. For if I failed here, if I failed now, then Anakin was truly lost. I had truly failed. And the Empire had already won.

At least for me.

?Jealous tears do not redeem him, Kenobi!? Onasi?s cheeks had mottled red with passion and anger. ?The boy has been flawed from the start. Let go! I thought the Jedi preached the danger of attachments. Can?t you see how attached you are to this Skywalker? Can?t you see how your refusal to admit his fall endangers us all??

?I do not deny his fall.? My voice was calm and cool in contrast to his raging intensity, but inside I trembled with rage and emotion that I struggled in vain to bring under my control. My once-vaunted restraint was fraying now as I reached the edge of my reserves. I was tired and shaking, empty inside, my emotions rubbed raw and bleeding, my entire body bruised and cut and one massive ache. I simply didn?t have anything left to call on. ?I?Force.? My voice cracked and threatened to break. I relaxed my stance and rubbed at my aching forehead, just too tired for this any longer. ?I haven?t given up hope.?

Onasi?s eyes were bleak and as empty as the vastness of space. ?I sup

24. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    I locked eyes with him and gave him a level stare. ?I suppose there are many ways of saying this, Commander Onasi, but I think I?ll go with the simplest this time. I don?t trust you.?

If anything, his posture grew straighter and his eyes colder. ?That?s odd, General Kenobi,? he replied. ?I could say the same thing about you.?

*growls and glares at Onasi* Touch either of my boys, you creep, and I'll... *slams fist into hand threateningly*

?He is not lost!?

[face_dancing] [:D] Yes! He finally admitted it to himself! :) :D

Onasi?s face was as unyielding as mountain carvings on Duro. ?I see you playing into the Emperor?s hands, Kenobi, not me. Skywalker?Vader?is a war criminal. He deserves to be condemned, not coddled, executed, not excused.?

?And where will that get us?? I demanded. ?How will that bring back the Jedi? How will that defeat the Sith??

?I don?t know anything about the Sith,? Onasi said. ?And I don?t care much about the Jedi. But I care?? he took a deep, shaking breath ??cared for the Republic. And I will destroy the Empire.?

*snorts* Having delusions of grandeur, aren't we? He thinks he can succeed where some of the greatest people of their times failed? :mad: Idiot. *whacks Onasi*

My hand was suddenly on my lightsaber, with no memory of how it had come to be there. ?Promise me you will not go after Anakin to carry out this plan of yours,? I demanded.

Onasi?s eyes flicked to the weapon in my hand, but his lips just twisted into a bitter parody of a smile. ?Will you kill me if I don?t agree, Kenobi?? he asked.

?I?m sure you can find the answer to that yourself,? I answered. ?I am a Jedi, after all.?

Hah. Well, even if Obi-Wan won't kill the creep, just knock him around a little, I don't have the problem of being a Jedi. I'll volunteer! *smirk*

He gave a harsh laugh. ?The Jedi are all dead, Kenobi.?

?I?m not,? I replied.

It wasn?t I who looked away first.

=D= =D= And that, ladies and gentlebeings, is why Obi-Wan Kenobi was perhaps one of the greatest Generals of the Old Republic. This pathetic Commander is no match for him! [face_love]

It wasn?t until that moment that I realized how devious, how ruthless Sidious was. Every fiber of my soul ached for Anakin as I got a picture of how the days since I?d left Coruscant must have been for my friend?pulled a thousand directions at once, trapped, torn, not sleeping, not eating. ?Force,? I choked. I couldn?t help the thought, treacherous though it was . . . no wonder he had fallen.

What had we done to him?

Well, you, Obi-Wan, loved him as though he were both your brother and your son. Granted, you weren't the most understanding of people at times to him, but what brother and/or father is? Such relationships are fraught with twists and turns.

The Council on the other hand...

?I?m sorry, Anakin,? I whispered. ?I?m sorry.?

It wasn?t an apology just for the last week, the last few days, the hell of Mustafar. It was an apology for Tatooine, and the Jedi Council who had used but never trusted him, and his mother, and Padmé, and the last fifteen years of his life.

[face_worried] [face_worried] :_| :_|

*hugs Obi-Wan* My poor, poor Obi-Wan. *sobs* My sweet, dear Jedi... :_|

Oh my... That was an outstanding post, Sakura! Absolutely excellent! Nice to see Obi-Wan confront Onasi, though I doubt this will be the end of things. The jerk just won't take a hint, will he? :mad:

Obi-Wan just can't catch a break, can he? He's pulled Anakin back from the cliff, but how long can they stay away from the abyss? :( :( Can things ever come together again?

Again, excellent job! :) Amazing work!

AQ

25. light-

Oct 8, 2005
    I knelt down and tentatively reached out to touch his cheek, running the backs of my fingers over his too-hot, feverish skin, and I could feel the burning behind my eyes start to prickle, the lump in my throat intensify until the tears were slipping down my cheeks and I could barely see through the wet blur over my vision. â??Iâ??m sorry, Anakin,â?? I whispered. â??Iâ??m sorry.â??

It wasnâ??t an apology just for the last week, the last few days, the hell of Mustafar. It was an apology for Tatooine, and the Jedi Council who had used but never trusted him, and his mother, and Padmé, and the last fifteen years of his life.

are u TRYING to make me cry?!!!! :_|

that was awesome.. even the second time through i felt depressed!! sheesh!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.