main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Resolution Between Shadows and Light--RotS AU, Updated 6/28!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SakuraTsukikage, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RamRed

RamRed Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    I'm looking forward to the rest of this story. It's the best SW fanfic I have read in a long time.

2. light-

light- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    lol i just noticed i wasnt on ur pm list!!! ugh!! add me? ;)

-light-

3. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Another fine post. Bravo.

Ah, once again Qui-Gon appears to a sleeping Obi-Wan. I think that not only is Qui-Gon only able to appear in this way (during sleep) due to the mental defences when sleeping as opposed to being awake, but as a kindness towards Obi-Wan. By appearing when asleep, Obi-Wan would likely first think it's a dream and thus spare him the stress of realizing he was indeed communicating with a dead man. The Force can do many things, but I think that even a Jedi would find the idea of regularly talking with someone who's been dead for over 13 years to be a little disconcerting.

Nice that Qui-Gon was able to put things into perspecte -i.e. they all made mistakes that led to Anakin falling to the Dark Side. It wasn't any one of them that failed. It was all the small failures that fit together, with Darth Vader being the result.

I like that Qui-Gon advises Obi-Wan to consult Yoda if he has questions about his current status in the Force. Very fitting.

Loved the dialogue between Anakin and Obi-Wan. Anakin seems to think that he's not worthy of being saved after what he's done. It reminds me of his dialogue towards Luke in ROTJ, when he says "It's too late for me, son". He seems to believe Yoda's teaching that "Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Anakin really seems to think that he's too far gone and should be allowed to die, that he doesn't deserve anything better. He'll definitely need some counselling once he's back in on his feet.

Loved how Obi-Wan recounted what he felt were his own failings in the years he spent with Anakin. Maybe his insight will be helpfull with training future padawans.

Hmmm. Anakin asked Obi-Wan to make sure Padme is ok. Hopefully Obi-Wan will start to get a picture of what was going through Anakin's head and let him prepare some type of countermeasure.

Uh-oh. Palpatine is plotting something. That's never good. What's worse is that now he has a list of what planets Anakin could be on. Oh yes, Anakin is truly the key. He can destroy all of Palpatine's plans and fulfill the prophesy. Hopefully Qui-Gon will be able to warn everyone in time so they can evacuate.

Can't wait for the next post.

4. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    To Star_Drifter: I'm glad you liked that part. It's one of my favorite parts of the whole scene, because it really sounded to me like something Qui-Gon would say. And when Anakin's eyes are described as blue--now, that's when you should start paying attention! I'm thrilled you can't guess! *rubs hands together* [sidious] Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen. [/sidious]

To RamRed: :eek: It is? Really? Really really? [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] I'm so honored that you think so!

To light-: Of course! No problem. Just know that I'm schizo when it comes to PMs, so don't get insulted if you don't get one once or twice. Sometimes I even forget to send them out until after someone has replied to the new post. Meh. And anyone else who wants to be on the PM list, go ahead and tell me! We're nearing the end of the middle, so there's still quite a few posts on this story to go.

To TorontoJediMaster: Thank you. :) And yeah, I am doing that on purpose. First of all--Qui-Gon hasn't exactly perfected the appearing thing. I'm thinking that at this early stage for him to actually appear would take effort both from Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. And yes, exactly, it is a kindness toward Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon wants to be a comfort, not another form of stress, and the last thing Obi-Wan needs is to start thinking he's losing his mind.
    It's easier for Qui-Gon to put things into perspective. He was watching the whole thing, just like we were. It makes it easier for him to help the others see the whole picture. And I'm glad that you like Qui-Gon advises Obi-Wan to talk to Yoda.
    Whew. I'm glad you liked that part. I wasn't so sure about it at first. Yeah, it always struck me that Anakin had some guilt issues, even right afterwards, and I was purposeflly trying to echo the "It is too late for me, son," conversation. I think Yoda's "once you start down the dark path" hurt more than it helped. Though it is true--from a certain point of view. Heh. Anakin will definitely need counseling.
    Future Padawans--such as one of Anakin's twins, perhaps? :D It will be helpful, you're right.
    Obi-Wan is indeed starting to catch on.
    :p Palpy's always plotting something. But yes, he is plotting something new. Can you sense the darkness moving inward? Everyone knows Anakin's the important one (except maybe Anakin). I would NOT like to be in the position he's in.
    Well, that goes without saying, but still.

5. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    Fourteen

He?d always hated floating in bacta.

The fact that all he could see were blurred, far-away shapes was enough to bother him. The forced helplessness and the sluggish lethargy the healing fluid brought to his body as it knit wounds together and healed injuries only made it worse. And now he couldn?t feel the Force except as a dull, far-away thrumming that throbbed with dull pain in his mind, and claustrophobic panic stirred deep in his chest somewhere.

He closed his eyes and concentrated on breathing, not that it helped much. Some bacta was being circulated through his damaged lungs at the same time as the air they provided him with, and he could taste it, slick and sour in the back of his throat. It made the pressure around him seem even worse, and it was difficult to focus on
    anything, even something as simple as breathing.

He?d been fading in and out of consciousness, caught between wakefulness and dreams, and he couldn?t decide which was worse, the dizzying helplessness of waking, or the dark agony of his nightmares. Every time he woke, it was to hanging suspended in a void of red and cyan fluid, gasping futilely for breath. He tried to focus on his anger so that he could use it to force the fear down and away, to kill the dragon that coiled restlessly inside him, but it slipped away from him and he was left as shaking and afraid as he had ever been, his insides cold and dead with withering terror.

One of the shapes that moved outside his liquid prison came closer, looming and dark through the obscuring fluid, and Anakin flinched. His instinct was to curl away in fear, but his body didn?t respond, simply convulsed with trembling.

Easy. The Force sense was somehow familiar and calming, a soothing anchor in the maelstrom of confused emotion that seemed to be all Anakin was these days. It felt as if large, comforting hands had settled upon his shoulders, steadying him gently. Suddenly, Anakin felt as if he were nine again, terrified to leave home but too hopeful to stay, caught up in a world and situation that he knew nothing about. Easy. Relax. It?s just Healer Risto checking your vital signs. Nothing to be frightened over. You?ll be out of here soon enough.

That deep voice was so familiar, so reassuring. Anakin relaxed without even meaning to. Who?who are you? he stammered mentally.

A low chuckle. Come now, don?t you remember me? A wisp of a translucent image formed in the liquid in front of him, until Anakin?s straining eyes could make out long, flowing hair, a sharp beak of a nose, regal, leonine features, a beard.

Master Qui-Gon? he whispered, hardly daring to believe. What was this, some hallucination brought on by his injuries? Why now? Why Qui-Gon?

Another chuckle as the image disappeared, flowing back into the fluid it had coalesced out of. You and my former apprentice have remarkably similar thoughts on the matter for two beings so at odds with each other, came the disembodied voice.

Confusion spiraled through Anakin.
    But?he thought helplessly, but . . . you?re dead.

It felt as if that large hand squeezed his shoulder comfortingly, though it was impossible because the touch didn?t send spikes of pain shooting through him. There is no death, Anakin. There is the Force. You know the Code better than that.

Tendrils of nebulous, unformed guilt coiled up from his stomach, and Anakin felt vaguely ill. He hadn?t fulfilled the destiny Qui-Gon had seen in him. He wasn?t a Jedi, not anymore. Maybe he had never really been one. Why? he whispered. I?I?m not what you wanted. I?m a Sith, not a Jedi. I . . . betrayed you.

He could almost see Qui-Gon shaking his head. Does that really matter so much at the moment? You are lost, Anakin. I came here to help you, not to cast blame.

Help me? Anakin couldn?t believe it. Help him, after he had proven himself dark and powerful and merciless, after he had turned against the Jedi, destroyed the very Ord

6. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    May both Onasi and Palpatine die a horrible, horrible death! :mad:

I am really hating Onasi for torturing Anakin like he is! Like Anakin isn't screwed up enough from that experience, now he has him adding to his guilt.

Brilliant as usual, SakuraTsukikage. I think we've caught up to where the story is on FF.net now, so I'm dying for the next chapter!

7. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Now he had the power to push back?and Palpatine had given him permission. ?Leave me ALONE!? he roared. The Force surged around him, and it caught the man and slammed him back against the wall. He crumpled and fell in a limp heap to the floor.

Go Anakin!!!! That cruel man deserves to be thrown against a wall. [face_not_talking]

And I loved the idea of having Anakin cry at the end. Almost as if using his Dark Side abilities is painful.

Amazing work! [:D]

I can't wait for the next part!

Ani-maniac

8. light-

Oct 8, 2005
    *spazes*

OMG !!! were up to where ff.net is!!!

And he had the feeling that a Sith Lord shouldnâ??t cry.

I dunno but I loved that line.

Thanks tons for the pm. I am going to go nuts when ch.15 is posted.

*continues to spaz*

9. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Ah, nice one again.

Anakin is the main character in this one, it seems.

Anakin might not like bacta treatments, but I'm certain that he'll like the results better than being a mass of scar tissue and dependent on machinery. Some of the bacta is circulated in his lungs? That's an interesting technique. I wouldn't think they'd do that while he's still IN the tank, as it might cause gagging or other problems with air mask he'd be wearing.

Ah, so now Qui-Gon is appearing to Anakin. I notice that Anakin is in a similar state as Obi-Wan was. Namely, he's not fully concious. (Obi-Wan was asleep while Anakin is in a somnambulist state due to all the medications he must be on). So, he's there to help Anakin. Good. Anakin needs all the help he can get -both physically and emotionally. What can Qui-Gon be doing when he's telling Anakin to concentrate inwards? Maybe helping show him what was done to him over the years by Palpatine?

Loved how Obi-Wan was thinking that the worse that could happen when talking to Yoda is that Yoda will think he's simply had a mental breakdown due to stress. LOL I loved how he was afraid he was sounding stupid and wanted to just say he was having hallucinations. Nice how Yoda incorporates lines from the film into the discussion. Maybe he should reveal that Qui-Gon appeared to him more gradually -as the voice that the Force answered him in during meditation.

Anakin likes being handled by Healer Risto. LOL. That's so...human of him.

He can't remember Qui-Gon's visit? That's understandable, considering his condition and what he was going through. Onasi is definitely escalating things. What's he trying to do? Perhaps he's trying to make Anakin go Vader-ish again so he can justifiably kill him. Or, he's trying to get him to show his Force presence strongly enough that Palpatine can get a trace on him. At any rate, he certainly is more than what he appears. He knows a lot of very private stuff about Anakin (him hating bacta would not be something not found in any of Anakin's Jedi records) and can still enter Anakin's room to torment him without alerting any of the staff (either human or medical droids).

Slapping Anakin....That was SO bad a move. Anakin should feel somewhat proud he handled it the way he did. He could have Force-choked Onasi to death. He could have fried him with Force-lighting, with his one good arm. But, instead, he just throws him against the wall. First off, he was defending himself so it wasn't really a Dark Side thing to do. Secondly, Yoda did the same thing when he entered Palpatine's office.

Very interesting that last line. Anakin is weeping even though he knows a Sith Lord shouldn't. Perhaps that's a part of him realizing that he's not really a Sith Lord.

Can't wait for the next post. If Onasi is still unconcious when someone goes to check in on Anakin, I think the jig will be up for him. I suspect Yoda will have to restrain Obi-Wan when they learn what Onasi has been doing. The question is, who sent him. He doesn't strike me as the type who would be doing this on his own. If he wanted to kill Anakin so much, he would just do it. Carrying out this psychological torture is risky to himself both out of potential of being caught and Anakin striking back at him. My guess is that someone has to be behind him. Can't wait to find out who.

Hope the next post is up soon.

10. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Another excellent post, Sakura! :) Outstanding job!

I really enjoyed the dialogue between Qui-Gon and Anakin. Qui-Gon saying that he still believed in Anakin, despite all he had done, was really an excellent touch. That may just give Anakin a good morale boost when he needs it most. I think that, besides Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon was the Jedi Anakin trusted the most. Perhaps even more so than Obi-Wan at times. As for Qui-Gon telling Anakin to look inward, I also think it might be about Qui-Gon showing him how Sidious has manipulated him for the past thirteen years since Qui-Gon's death. If Anakin can see things as they truly are, rather than from a poisoned viewpoint, it will really help him out when he has to face Sidious again.

Obi-Wan's conversation with Yoda was another wonderful touch. I got a little chuckle out of Obi-Wan's thinking that Yoda was about to tell him that he was hallucinating and needed counseling. ;) This new concept that people can retain their identity after becoming one with the Force will definitely start altering some perceptions that should come into play once Yoda and Obi-Wan can feel safe enough to start thinking about rebuilding the Jedi Order. Namely, when Sidious is nothing but harmless atoms and the Senate sucks it up to get things back on track.

Onasi has to have just totally lost it. I really have to wonder what his point is in tormenting Anakin like this. Doesn't he know that Padmé has been to see Anakin? And also, Anakin has to know that she's all right, and that Obi-Wan will keep his word in protecting her and the babies. TJM also makes a good point in thinking that there might be someone behind Onasi pulling the strings. It's an interesting theory. It could be Bail Organa, though just how much he knows at this point is still a mystery to me, or it could be some *** that we have yet to meet.

I really, really have to hope that someone - preferrably Obi-Wan - will lay the smackdown on Onasi for all the trouble he's causing. This guy just does not understand that Anakin is the only one who can defeat the Sith and bring the balance to the Force. Only then can things be rebuilt. But by seeking to torment and torture him physically, emotionally, and psychologically, he's just driving Anakin right back into Sidious' hands.

Please, please, let Qui-Gon warn Obi-Wan or something and let Obi-Wan figure it out. Especially since Onasi is now lying unconscious on the floor in Anakin's room while Anakin is all curled up in a ball, crying and hysterical. Obi-Wan can put two and two together.

Again, awesome post, Sakura! :) A really great chapter to read! :D

AQ

11. light-

Oct 8, 2005
    But by seeking to torment and torture him physically, emotionally, and psychologically, he's just driving Anakin right back into Sidious' hands.

Wow, You're so right..Maybe that's exactly what he is trying to do..

I wouldn't think they'd do that while he's still IN the tank, as it might cause gagging or other problems with air mask he'd be wearing.

haha

Sorry, I know, more than 1 post already. But what can I say, I'm no good at being patient! Next update soon please!

12. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Hmmm.

How come there's a hoverchair for Anakin when he's taken out of the bacta tank, when there were none available for Padme when she was brought to his room? [face_thinking]

Heh-heh. :D

13. light-

Oct 8, 2005
    ahaha..stop getting all scientific [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

14. JediRose

JediRose Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2001
    Excellent post, Sakura-san.

TJM - Maybe Qui-Gon wants Ani to heal his own internal injuries? That'd be turning one's focus inward...

As to this "What's (Onasi) trying to do?"
    I think it's fairly obvious that he wants to torture Anakin.

"Or, he's trying to get him to show his Force presence strongly enough that Palpatine can get a trace on him."
    Probably. He certainly was interested in the idea that a Sith could track the other member of the order through the Force.

"At any rate, he certainly is more than what he appears. He knows a lot of very private stuff about Anakin (him hating bacta would not be something not found in any of Anakin's Jedi records) and can still enter Anakin's room to torment him without alerting any of the staff (either human or medical droids)."
    If Onasi's related to Carth, he might be related to (the reformed) Darth Revan. If Sakura is basing this off of the female Jedi ending of KOTOR, Carth and Revan get together. So, this Onasi could be Force-sensitive and picking up Ani's emotions.

"The question is, who sent him. He doesn't strike me as the type who would be doing this on his own. If he wanted to kill Anakin so much, he would just do it. Carrying out this psychological torture is risky to himself both out of potential of being caught and Anakin striking back at him. My guess is that someone has to be behind him. Can't wait to find out who."
    Hmm... He could be following orders, provided he believed them... The problem is, who besides Risto, Kenobi, Yoda, Padme, Anakin, Artoo, and Onasi know Anakin is/was Vader? Maybe someone found out if Threepio got talkative, but I'm not sure C-3P0 knows.

"How come there's a hoverchair for Anakin when he's taken out of the bacta tank, when there were none available for Padme when she was brought to his room?"
    *Deadpans* Because there's only one in the whole facility and it was being used when Padme was visiting?
    *Serious* Maybe Padme was walking to get some exersize? I think pregant women are supposed to walk for exersize....

AQ
    "I really, really have to hope that someone - preferrably Obi-Wan - will lay the smackdown on Onasi for all the trouble he's causing."
    I'll bring popcorn for that fight!

JRose

15. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    To astarael: It is true. Onasi is not a nice person. He is not an evil person, not really. But he is not nice! And yes, we have caught up. ;)

To Ani-maniac: Heh heh. Yes, I did enjoy writing that part. Onasi certainly deserved it. I'm glad you liked Anakin's crying. I thought about how I wanted to end that section for quite a while before I decided on that.

To light-: Thank you. :D I'm glad you liked that part! I have Chapter Fifteen halfway written at the moment, so keep your eyes open.

To TorontoJediMaster: Thank you. Yes, he is, isn't he? I kind of realized that after I wrote it. Well, Obi-Wan's generous; he can share. And yeah, I know--even if Anakin doesn't like the process, who'd argue with the results? :p I wouldn't have had them circulate bacta through his lungs quite like that, except that in the book Rogue Squadron by Michael A. Stackpole, they did something similar. So I figured it was fairly standard procedure. As for what Qui-Gon was helping Anakin do, you'll find out in the next post. I'm glad you liked the part with Obi-Wan and Yoda! (I had fun writing it.) :D As for Anakin and the Healer--LOL. Yes, there are secrets in Onasi's past. And present. But I'm not going to tell you what they are; if you want to know keep reading and all will be revealed (eventually, anyway). And yeah, Anakin's reaction really wasn't that bad, considering. I don't think he's to the point when he automatically reacts with dark side powers yet, and that was kind of an instinctive reaction. Hmmm--indeed, it is part of his slow realization . . . . And you will see. you will see. ;)

To AngelQueen: Thanks so much! [face_blush] I'm glad you liked Qui-Gon and Anakin's conversation. I thought it only made sense for Qui-Gon to appear to him, as Anakin was really the Jedi Qui-Gon contacted first (in AotC when he called, "Noooo!" when Anakin killed the Sand People). And yeah, I think that the ability to retain one's indentity in the Force will change some attitudes among the Jedi . . . along with a few other things. Onasi does have some . . . issues. Hmmm . . . you'll see. And yes, you'll see about Onasi. Obi-Wan can put two and two together, you're right.

To light-: Well, you'll see. Next post soon! Today or tomorrow!

To TorontoJediMaster: Heh. There really is a reason behind this--ummm, it was because Shian wasn't exactly following her supervisor's wishes by bringing Padme to see Anakin. Yeah. And Padme did need exercise.

To light-: :D

To JediRose: Domo arigatou, JediRose-san. Hmmm, you'll see . . . Yeah, he does want to torture Anakin. You're certainly right on that count. As for the rest . . . . Very interesting points. Heh heh heh. Keep the popcorn around. :p

16. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    Here we go!

Author's Note: I think Bant actually died DURING the Clone Wars, but hey--this is an AU. She can die whenever I want her to (horrible as that sounds).

Fifteen

Padmé hadn?t changed out of the simple white shift of a patient, with her hair curling loose about her shoulders and down her back, yet she still managed to look as poised and elegant as if she were dressed for a formal meeting with fellow senators or an elaborate gala. She smiled when she saw me, pushing herself up on her pillows. I took a seat by the side of her bed. ?Obi-Wan,? she said. Her voice was still a little hoarser than normal, but the bruises Anakin?s rage had left on her throat were nearly completely gone. ?Shian told me that Anakin went into the bacta tank yesterday.?

I nodded. ?Yes, he did, in preparation for surgery.? I felt a twinge of worry as I said the words. Anakin had always hated bacta treatments, but there was nothing I could do to make the necessary procedure easier on him. I looked down at my hands, rough, callused with the scars of lightsaber practice. It was these hands that had held the saber that severed Anakin?s leg, these hands that?

Padmé reached out and closed her hand around mine. Her grip was white-knuckled and tense, and I looked up at her in surprise. ?He?he looked awful, Obi-Wan,? she said, her voice small. ?I?m afraid.?

A tight knot of guilt formed in my throat, and I had to swallow hard to force my words around it. ?I?m sorry, Padmé,? I said quickly. ?I?m sorry; I know I?m the one who hurt him. I?I didn?t want to, please believe me.?

She shook her head. ?I don?t blame you, Obi-Wan.? She took a deep, shuddering breath, and laid her other hand against her stomach, as if to protect her unborn children. ?It?it could have been a lot worse, I know.? She closed her eyes for a moment, then opened them again, and a shaky smile formed on her lips. ?The respirator . . . frightened me, but Shian told me that he won?t have to be on it for much longer. His lungs weren?t irreparably damaged, just scorched, she said.? She gave me a brave, wider smile. ?Ani?s strong, you know. He?ll be better soon.?

I couldn?t respond to that. Anakin was strong, physically. But emotionally I wasn?t so sure. All I could hear was his voice telling me that I should have left him?but I would never tell Padmé of that conversation. ?Yes,? I managed finally. ?Yes, he?ll be . . . better soon.?

She loosened her grip on my hand, but didn?t let go. ?I didn?t want to leave him,? she murmured. ?I was . . . afraid he might . . . break. He?he held onto me. He didn?t want to let me go . . . as if he thought I might disappear if he did. I stayed until he fell asleep again.? She took another deep breath and looked back up at me. ?What did Palpatine do to him, Obi-Wan? He was so afraid.?

I shook my head helplessly. ?I don?t know, Padmé. Palpatine has been . . . working on him . . . ever since he first started at the Jedi Temple. At first I?? I could barely force myself to admit the depths of my failure, and my voice broke ??at first I encouraged him. Anakin was so lonely, and I thought that?that someone so powerful showing an interest in him would help him feel . . . more at home.?

?It wasn?t your fault, Obi-Wan!? Her voice was stronger this time. ?You were young and inexperienced. How were you supposed to know? We were all fooled by him! Even the great Masters of the Council.? Her eyes flashed, and her hand tightened around mine again. ?I was fooled by him! I was so naïve?I thought he might relinquish his powers after this crisis was over. I actually thought he might reopen diplomatic relations with the Separatists.? She shook her head in obvious self-disgust. ?How long has he been manipulating all of us? And it was my fault he was elected in the first place! Mine!? Her voice shook, and she trailed off into silence for a moment, but before I could muster up a reply she was speaking again, her face turned back to me. ?Obi-Wan,? she said. ?Tell me

17. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Please tell me that Obi-Wan is going to kick Onasi's butt [face_beatup] [face_praying]

Ya gotta love protective Obi-Wan, don't you?

Brilliant post! I felt so sorry when Obi-Wan just broke down infront of Padme when he remembered all he's lost. (If you can't tell, I'm a MAJOR angst fan)

I hope you post more soon! I don't think I'll be able to stand the wait of Obi-Wan and Padme confronting Onasi. (Okay, so he isn't evil. That doesn't stop me from wishing that Obi-Wan will test out his lightsabre on him)

18. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *lip trembles* Poor Obi-Wan. I'd wondered when he was going to break down when he'd remembered all he had lost. *hugs Obi-Wan* My poor, poor dear. :_| :_| :_|

Excellent chapter! :) So, Obi-Wan's figured out what Onasi's up to. Yes! May he now kick his butt across the planet and leave him at Palpster's feet to die!

Great job! Can't wait for more! :)

AQ

19. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    oh-uh. Onasi in for it now.

20. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    Anakin collapsed on the bed. He could feel the tears well up and slip down his cheeks, feel his chin trembling, the hot prickling of more tears, the carbonite back in his throat. ?J-just l-leave me alone,? he whispered, the words catching on a sobbing breath. He didn?t want to cry anymore, but he couldn?t seem to stop himself.

And he had the feeling that a Sith Lord shouldn?t cry.

sith lord! wasn't enough with getting you butt kicked once already? are we at it again!!
    Anakin, you ARE a bonehead [face_not_talking] is he really going to bite the hand that saved him twice!![face_shame_on_you] shame on you Ani!( but I still love you anyways, just be kind to Obi)

21. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Wonderful update.

I was glad to see Obi-Wan acknowlege his losses. He will never be the same again after losing all the Jedi. I was also happy to see him angry at Onasi. Now I can only hope to watch that one suffer, lol. I like it that you had Padme come to understand Anakin's primary motivation for joining Sidious. Now maybe they can fight back against him.

22. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    I managed to hurt my shoulder, and I cannot do my usual reviews for a while. I don?t want to stop reading, but I can only type with one very tired hand. [face_frustrated]

When you don?t see this, you?ll know I am better.

Great update! [face_dancing]

I am going to get Onasi! :mad:

23. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    This is a wonderful update!!!!!

I am glad they finally know who it is that has been bothering Anakin... and I agree with Obi-Wan I wouldn't want to be on Padme's bad side either.

But I must say I am a bit worried about Obi-Wan. He seemes to be losing control of his emotions and that can be quite dangerous for a Jedi. [face_thinking]

You wouldn't have Obi-Wan fall, would you?

:D :D :D

Amazing work as always! [:D]

Ani-maniac

24. Bananakin_Fruiteater

Bananakin_Fruiteater Jedi Master

Nov 5, 2005
    Thanks for the PM! It reminds me to take a break from DRL and read this work of art.

A poignant installment -- Obi-Wan's sorrow is so heartfelt it becomes tangible.

Every time you write a chapter I am compelled to reread the story to see how the characters have progressed... Obi-Wan seems much quicker to action than he was at the beginning. This has me thinking about his earlier statement that tapping into the dark side becomes easier and easier all the time, more and more seductive... [face_thinking]

Don't keep in us the dark for too long! I still have Rice and Harvard and UPenn and many others to work on... what a great way to spend Thanksgiving break huh?

Bananakin

25. light-

Oct 8, 2005
    ?I?m going to kill him,? as if from a very long way away, and I barely recognized my own voice.

ooh...*jar jar voice* Onasi in big doo doo dis time....

Poor Obi Wan .. That was so..so...:_|:_|:_|[face_worried]

I like how he tries to straighten himself out and then Pamde tell him he needs this..[:D]

alriight! you have no idea how impatiently ive been waiting for this! well perhaps u do... lol but don't worry ill be even more impatient for the next post [face_chicken]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.