main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Resolution Between Shadows and Light--RotS AU, Updated 6/28!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SakuraTsukikage, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    To astarael: I could tell you. But then I'd have to kill you ;). Don't worry, Onasi will meet retribution. I promise you that much. And yes, you certainly have to love protective Obi-Wan. [face_love] I'm thrilled you liked it! Angst is, of course, good. I often think that angst and mush are the reason a lot of people read and write fanfic, eh? And you'll see what happens to Onasi . . . .

To AngelQueen: I know. I felt that way, too. [face_worried] Even while I was writing it. But it had to happen sooner or later, and the longer Obi-Wan delayed it the worse it was going to be. Padme knew that, and she wasn't going to let him get away with it. And yes. For Onasi, the "jig is up," as it were. Just wait till the next chapter--in which the jig is even more up, if you take my meaning. However, it's Thanksgiving this week, so don't expect the next chapter too soon. I might get it up by the end of the week. Then again, I might not. I just can't say.

To Dahlia_Santary: Indeed. His "overconfidence is his weakness."

To michaellover: He is rather a bonehead, but we love that about him [face_love]. Currently he's rather in denial. Which he's very good at. And keep reading! The situation will continue to unfold . . . .

To Anakins_Force: Thank you. I always thought that after the loss of the Jedi Obi-Wan was kind of broken inside, and I was trying to reflect that. However, in this story, he still has Padme and Anakin (sort of) and Yoda and Qui-Gon (and Shian :p) so it will be more possible for him to recover.

To Star_Drifter: I'm so sorry about your shoulder! And don't worry about the reviews. I'd be honored if you just keep reading, I don't always have to know what you think, really! Just rest up! [:D] And heh--if you want to get Onasi, I think you'll have to stand in line. Obi-Wan might get there before you.

To Ani-maniac: Obi-Wan has been having a hard week--cut the man a little slack, eh? But you'll have to see . . . . Sorry about being cryptic. I'm enjoying it far too much. And thanks! [:D]

To Bananakin_Fruiteater: Breaks are always important. :D I'm glad this story's providing one for you, and thanks so much! [face_blush] [face_blush] And meh--I spent Thanksgiving break that way last year. I feel your pain.

To light-: It is as you say. :D I'm glad you liked that part. I felt that way about Obi too. Eeek! Even more impatient? I'll try to get the next post up here sometime this year! (just kidding) Probably by the end of Thanksgiving break, but don't lay any large bets. ;)

Thanks so much everyone! I know what I'll be spending THanksgiving doing--giving thanks for all my reviewers! Heh heh heh. And eating food . . . not cafeteria food . . . real food . . . =P~

2. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    Whatever. Guess I'll up this. Boy, this thread moves fast sometimes! Happy Thanksgiving!

3. JediRose

JediRose Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2001
    *applauds* Wow.

That post... angst, hope, freindship, love.... Quite an emotional roller coaster.

I am in awe, Sakura-sempai.

I just hope Obi-Wan remembers that anger, even rightous anger, is of the Dark Side. We don't need a Sith Kenobi to go with Darth Vader.

JRose.

PS - Happy Thanksgiving.

PPS - Please add me to your PM list.

4. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Oh, good post yet again.

Very good that Obi-Wan and Padme got a chance to talk. It seemed to let them realize something of what happened.

I'm surprised Padme didn't know more about the Sith. I would have thought Anakin might have informed her about them himself -i.e. explaing what Dooku had been, etc.

I liked how they each realized the mistakes they'd made in regards to Palpatine. Obi-Wan actually encouraged Anakin to be friends with him, when he arrived at the Temple. (I'm guessing that was before Obi-Wan began to dislike the man. By AOTC, he seems to have much less trust in him). Padme, meanwhile, actually is responsible for his assuming the Chancellorship. I'm assuming they now realize that the whole invasion of Naboo was designed to cause Valorum's political downfall and to get Palpatine established as Supreme Chancellor.

Ah, so now Obi-Wan is aware of Anakin having had those dreams about Padme dying in childbirth. I'm certain he'll agree with Padme's hypothesis that it was the lever Palpatine used against Anakin. It's amazing how once they compare notes, so many pieces fall into place. It also gives Obi-Wan important information in helping Anakin. He can show Anakin that the only part of the Force that can heal and prevent death (as far as it is possible to do so) is the Light Side.

I loved Obi-Wan's reaction as he realized all his friends were now dead, except for the ones there with him now. It must have been a blow as for him, the Jedi were his whole family. The Order formed a collective to offer mutual comfort and support. There were no (official) formed attachments as the whole Order was an attachment of itself, with every Jedi being a part of it. Now, it's been wiped out with only three Jedi (counting Anakin) remaining. I think Obi-Wan can now appreciate Anakin's emotions. Anakin has always feared losing those close to him. Now Obi-Wan has lost the only life he's ever known. Very touching bit how he found Bant's body in the infirmary.

I think Obi-Wan has finally realized that the Jedi already had attachments, whether they admitted it or not. Now he can more fully appreciate what it's like to be in Anakin's shoes.

Oh my, they finally know what Onasi has been doing. I wonder if they know of his latest visit to Anakin's room? Sooner or later, they should find Onasi in there. Now, at least, Obi-Wan can guard against any damage the man had been doing to Anakin's mental recovery.

Oh my, Obi-Wan is actually feeling anger and hatred towards Onasi. Even though he quickly calms down, I think he's realized that even Jedi can feel such emotions if the right buttons are pushed. I think all this will result in Obi-Wan being an even better Jedi. He'll now realize he and Anakin are more similar than he'd have ever thought.

As for Onasi, I think that it should be Yoda takes care of that matter. No doubt Yoda cares about Anakin as well, and he'll be VERY upset to learn what Onasi has been doing. But, I suspect Yoda will be able to hold his temper much more easily than Obi-Wan could. At the moment, Obi-Wan is a little too emotionally involved in the matter. He might end up doing something...foolish. It's better if Yoda does the talking when they go to give Onasi what's coming to him. Yes, Shian and Yoda should handle that. I think that Padme and Obi-Wan will be too eager to make Onasi a patient of Shian's (if he's lucky). Yoda and Shian would be more interested in getting information out of him and finding out what's happening.

Can't wait for the next post.

5. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    To JediRose: *bows humbly* Thank you so much, JediRose-san. Happy Thanksgiving to you to, and of course!

To TorontoJediMaster: Thanks so much! I thought it was past time that they did some talking and comparing of notes. I also figured that Anakin wouldn't have wanted to tell her much about the Sith, and that he wouldn't know quite as much as Obi-Wan because of the general impatience with history I see him having. Also, I'm not sure if that topic would really have come up, considering how often they were seeing each other . . . . :p And yes, I did intend to imply that Obi-Wan's dislike for Palpatine began at a somewhat later date. Some emotional growth is definitely going to come out of this for Obi-Wan and Anakin especially. This post was a way to resolve some issues and set up a lot of action-heavy sections that might be coming soon . . . .

6. light-

light- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    whens the next update? huh? huh? [face_laugh] told u id be impatient

7. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Oh, thought of another couple of possible points regarding Qui-Gon's visit to Anakin.

He may have had him turn the Force inwards, to help him heal. That would have shown him that it's only the Light Side of the Force that can heal injuries and help prevent death. Also, he might have begun to describe to Anakin how the Ancient Secret of the Whills works. Thus, Anakin would learn that to truly achieve immortality, one has to learn to let go and give yourself into the Force. It's something a Sith can never achieve due to the basically self-centered nature of their teachings.

Either would essentially show Anakin that what he was looking for is more likely found in the Light Side of the Force rather than the Dark.

Can't wait for the next post.

8. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    WOW! *gasp*
    That was amazing! I just stumbled onto this and boy am I glad I found it!! This is brilliant suff- I love your style- its incredibly fluent and very, very captivating! Your descriptions of Ani's state and reaction and Obi's grieving was soo touching- well done on a magnificent job =D=

I'm so glad Obi finally had a chance to let a bit of all that bottled up grief go! And does my incurably sentimental nose detect hintlings of something between Obi and the good healer? And is the Commander really the intruder? If so, I hope he gets whats coming to him :mad:

I can't wait to see more! And if you're doing PMs could you add me?

9. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Happy Thanksgiving to all Americans on this thread.

Bumping up in anticipation of tonight's hoped for update.

10. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Well Padawan, you've got some impatient readers here...including me. :p

Hope you had a nice holiday and that you'll be updating soon...

But no pressure...:D

Looking forward to more,

=D= =D= =D= =D=

11. light-

Oct 8, 2005
    up

hehe

12. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Where is everybody?

13. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    Looks like I've been sucked into the Thanksgiving/family vortex. I belong to a very clannish extended family, so it's pretty much inevitable. I have half the chapter done--there will probably be an update tomorrow or the day after!

14. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    To light-: The next post is . . . wait for it . . . now! ;)

To TorontoJediMaster: Qui-Gon actually did a variety of things, but you find out about the main one in this next chapter.

To Stella_Ripple: I'd be happy to add you! I'm so glad you're enjoying this. And yes, it was the commander . . . and Obi and the Healer :p. You'll see, I suppose.

To TorontoJediMaster: Thanks for the up. And yeah, I keep forgetting how much diversity we have here on TF.N, and that not everyone celebrates Thanksgiving. I did have a good one, by the way.

To KELIA: Heh. Thanks, Master. Having impatient readers is a great compliment, you know.

And here we go.

Sixteen

?I think we should check on Skywalker before you go after Onasi, Obi-Wan,? Shian was saying.

I raised my head. I had been staring, unseeing, at a random spot on the floor, arms folded broodingly across my chest as I racked my brains for rational strategies as to how I was going to?confront, Kenobi, not punish?Onasi over what he?d done to Anakin. I wasn?t having much success; my mind kept spiraling out of focus as I remembered Anakin?s tormented face and red-hot rage welled up within me all over again, setting my teeth on edge. ?Why?? I asked, managing somehow to keep my voice calm and steady.

Shian shifted uncomfortably and ran a hand back through her short, loose hair. ?First of all, it?ll give you some time to cool down and get . . . things back under control, General. I don?t want you to end up doing something you?ll regret.?

I took a deep breath, frustrated at the proposed delay but all too aware of how right she was. ?Yes,? I said grudgingly. ?You?re right. Good plan.? I ran a hand over my face, thinking. ?Anakin came out of bacta earlier today, correct?? She nodded. ?I?d like to talk to him about this Onasi, anyway,? I added under my breath, the memory of Anakin shaking and teary and frantic rising in my mind again. I took a deep breath and tried to focus.

?You?re not the only one,? Padmé broke in. ?You make sure Onasi?s never going to do anything like that to Anakin ever again, Obi-Wan, understand??

I gave her a quick smile. ?Understood, Senator.?

?Secondly,? Shian continued, ?I?wanted your opinion on something, Obi-Wan.?

?Hmm?? I asked, meeting her eyes again.

?I don?t understand it,? she started, her mouth beginning to curve in a slight smile, ?but it?s amazing. I?ve never seen anything like it, even in the other Jedi I?ve tended over the course of this war?General Skywalker?s condition has rapidly improved. I was worried about his lungs healing; they were scorched pretty badly and at first he didn?t respond well to the bacta, but then it took this giant leap forward in effectiveness.? Her voice was bemused, her expression bewildered, but her smile only widened. ?I took him off the breather after his treatment this morning, while you were in meditation with Master Yoda, and he?s breathing fine. And his overall condition is just a lot stronger?it?s like he?s slept naturally for a week straight, not just a few days drugged, and the shock of his injuries has eased quite a bit. I?m starting to think he?ll make a fairly complete recovery.?

?Really?? The word slipped out before I could help myself, and I could hear my voice trembling with suppressed emotion. I felt as if the bubble of hope that had lodged in my heart after my meditations with Yoda had suddenly swelled, buoying me upward and pulling me out from where I had fallen along with Anakin in the pits of Mustafar. ?A complete recovery??

Shian nodded. Padmé gave a low cry and covered her face with her hands as tears welled in her eyes and began to slip down her face.

?Padmé?? I asked worriedly, going immediately to her side. I rested my hand on her shoulder. ?Padmé, are you all right? What?s wrong??

?I?m fine,? she said, her voice shuddering and thick with tears. She sniffed and started wiping at her eyes. ?I?m fine; I?m sorry. I?m just?I?m s

15. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    felt my throat closing up and struggled to swallow as my eyes traced the path of the tears still dripping down his cheeks. I could see the evidence, now?his eye was as bruised and puffy as Onasi?s, the skin broken over his cheekbone and still oozing blood, the skin on one side of his face mottled with bruises and swelling. His bottom lip was split and bleeding, and there was more blood trickling out of the side of his mouth. I hadn?t done that to him; it was no left-over by-product of our duel, and that was fresh blood smeared across his cheek and dribbling out of his mouth.

And Onasi had said he?d done nothing

And you believed that scum??[face_hypnotized] seriously Obi. i though you were smarter than that.
    On another line.... KILL ONASIS!!!!!!!!!!!....... please?[face_praying]

16. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Aww! *snifle* That was so touching- I loved the ending! [face_love] I'm so glad Ani's finally seems to have understood what obi was saying. The way you showed obi's various changing emotions through the whole conversation was fantastic =D=

But that sithling of a Commander is seriously annoying me! :mad: I wonder though, is there more to his meddling than just his apparent zeal for the republic?

Thanks for the PM and pls let me know when you update again!

17. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    All of your updates are absolutely amazing, but this, I think, has become my favorite. [:D]

There was so much emotion in this..so many parts that I read over a few times because they were so powerful...wow!!!

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

I especially loved this part:

?Y?you?re not lying,? he moaned.

?I?m not lying,? I replied, and he let out a long, low wail, as if his heart had been utterly shattered.

?NO!? he shouted, wrenching away from me, out of my restraining hold, to fall weakly back against the bed and bury his face in the sheet that covered it. ?N-no,? he sobbed. ?I?I?wh-what have I done? Oh, M-Master, w-what have I done?? He looked back up at me, and I realized that the topaz-yellow of his eyes was awash in streaks of cerulean. My anger left me in a rush, and I was left tired and empty, aching to see Anakin shaking and tortured. ?Master, I?? another hoarse sob tore itself from his throat. ?I?I hurt her.? More yellow ebbed away, and another storm of weeping shook his body. ?Oh, Force, I?I killed them. I killed them all.? I could almost see him drowning in it, the darkness pulling him down, away from me, not the dark side this time but hopelessness and guilt and agony. I reached out to touch his shoulder, and he flinched away again. ?D-don?t touch me,? he blurted. ?Don?t. I?I don?t deserve it?oh, Master, I?what have I done??

It is almost as if you can see the power of Palpatine's lies crumble..and Anakin suddenly understands what he did, how the Dark Side blinded him.

Amazing!!! [:D]

I can't wait for the next part!

Ani-maniac

18. JediRose

JediRose Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2001
    *sniffles, then breaks out crying* Poor Ani! Poor Obi! That post was heartbreaking.

*grabs a tissue* Good post, Sakura-san. It's nice to see the terrific two dealing with issues from their past.

Now we just need to deal with Onasi and getting the.... Jedi Rebellion(?) off planet before Palpy comes.

19. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    Great update. Glad to see that Anakin finally sees the truth.

20. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Okay, I'm not the vengeful type, but you have got to do some serious damage to Onasi. Here's Anakin lying helpless and Onasi has to come in for a fight? :mad: :mad:

He's lucky Anakin was too weak to do any serious damage...but really, you are going to sic Obi-Wan on him at some point, right? [face_praying] [face_praying]

I like Anakin's breakthrough at the end. He finally realizes Padme didn't betray him! I can feel him coming back to the light.

Great update!!

=D= =D==D= =D=

21. Bananakin_Fruiteater

Bananakin_Fruiteater Jedi Master

Nov 5, 2005
    this chapter was absolutely fantastic.

As I was reading through the first time, I was fully expecting Obi-Wan to offer Anakin unconditional forgiveness. But instead, Obi-Wan makes him realize that what he has done is not okay, and that he and Padme were not trying to betray him.

I already know I?m a failure! I?m a f-failure as a Sith an? I was a f-failure as a Jedi

I destroyed the Jedi. I would have killed you. I could kill you right now. Are you sure, Obi-Wan? D-don?t you want to kill m-me, too?

such sobering lines... Anakin's guilt and grief is heartwrenching.

can't wait for more!

Bananakin

22. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    I saw crimson. My hands were on his throat, slamming him into the wall, before I even realized what I was doing. ?What did you do to him?? I demanded. My voice shook with fury. The rush of emotion made my hands tremble. ?What the Force did you do to him??

There was a small hand on my arm, drawing me back. I tried to shake it off, but Shian only tightened her hold. ?Obi-Wan,? she said. ?Easy. Easy, General. This won?t do us any good, all right??

Clarity returned to me with a rush. I took a deep breath and let Onasi sag back against the wall, but as soon as my hands relaxed their grip on his tunic, his face twisted in anger, and he lunged forward. I ducked out of the way of his fist easily, and he overbalanced and fell to the floor once again.

I stared down at him, my breath coming in rapid, uneven gasps, and felt sick. So this was what it had come to?the Emperor had brought us all this low. Stress and worry and fear and pain and loss had turned both of us into uncivilized louts brawling on the floor of a medical room.

And Force help me, I still wanted to kill him.

Quite understandable, Obi-Wan. There are many people here who would build you a nice ring and let you do it while we sat around and ate popcorn while watching you do it. :mad: Stupid Onasi.

?One more word and I?ll let the General rip your head off,? she muttered.

HAH! Take that Onasi! Even Shian's torked off at you! If I were you, I'd listen to her and SHUT UP! YOU ARE NOT HELPING THE SITUATION!

?What?? I burst out as soon as I realized what he meant. ?Anakin, I?first of all, Padmé would never?and I?I am a Jedi!?

?Obviously that doesn?t mean much,? came Onasi?s low murmur, and I?d had enough.

?Shut up!? I shouted, and reinforced it with the Force. I could see his head snap back with the power behind it.

Oy... First, Anakin's an idiot for thinking that Padmé and Obi-Wan would ever do such a thing. *whacks Anakin* Foolish, inconsiderate... *stomps foot in frustration*

Secondly, GO OBI-WAN! Thank you for finally telling him to shut up along with the rest of us! :D

Anakin wrapped his arm around himself and rocked back and forth, still breathing raggedly, tears coursing down his cheeks. ?I?I had to?she betrayed me?you betrayed me?? he mumbled. ?You hurt me, I??

?No,? I said, nearly shouting the words now. ?It?s not like that at all. Padmé and I have never?never thought about each other that way. She wasn?t even aware I was on that ship. I was desperate to find you and I stowed away; she had no knowledge I was onboard, and it had nothing to do with her.?

Anakin gave a quick, sobbing gasp. ?N-no,? he moaned. ?No, that?s?that?s just not possible.?

I could feel annoyance trickling through the shock now, building up inside my throat and giving my words a sharp, angry edge. ?Not only is it possible, Anakin, it?s the truth. Padmé did nothing but love you, and you turned on her, you nearly killed her in your anger and hatred. That is what the dark side did for you, that is the strength it gave you. The strength to slaughter innocents and injure those who only ever wanted to help you, to attack your wife and your own unborn children. Are you proud of yourself now, Anakin? Does it fill the emptiness inside to know that you are Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith??

And at last, it all comes out. You know, I think it will be these words from Obi-Wan that will help Anakin the most. In some ways, Anakin is a master at self-deception. He's wrapped himself in this little world where he is right and everyone else has betrayed him, thus allowing him to justify everything he has done: leading the slaughter at the Temple, attacking Padmé, and fighting with Obi-Wan. But now Obi-Wan's words have started to shred that illusion.

Though, Obi-Wan did just mention that it's children, not child. If this does go badly - and I really hope it doesn't - then the cat is out of the bag in that regard. [face_worried]

He turned to me, but he was crying too hard to spea

23. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    OH MY GOD!!! :_| [face_hypnotized] [:D]

24. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    To michaellover: I'm not sure he believed him, but he really had no reason to think he would lie, did he? About Onasi . . . well . . . :p

To Stella_Ripple: I'm glad you enjoyed it! I worked hard on that, especially Obi's emotions. Thanks! As for Onasi . . . well . . . you know I can't tell you. And of course!

To Ani-maniac: Wow, thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it, I felt that this chapter was really important so I worked hard on it. [face_blush] That was exactly what I was going for. Thanks again! [:D]

To JediRose: Thanks, I'm glad you thought it was heartbreaking. That's kind of what I was going for. ;) *offers tissues*

To Fat_Bird: Yeah, it had to happen sometime.

To KELIA: Master, am I turning you to the dark side? :eek: :eek: :eek: About Onasi, I'm not making any promises . . . but he will get his comeuppance. Someday. And yes, Anakin's realization was supposed to feel like that. I'm thrilled you liked it!

To Bananakin_Fruiteater: Thanks. [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] And I thought Obi-Wan would have his own issues in that regard. I didn't want to make Obi too forgiving. He has steel in his spine, that one, gentle and forgiving as he is.

To AngelQueen: Heh. Yeah, Obi's harder on himself in this regard than we will ever be, isn't he? Onasi isn't making himself popular, is he? You're right. He certainly isn't helping. Anakin's off in his own little world sometimes, and you're right. He can be very self-absorbed. I had fun writing that part, Obi-Wan telling Onasi to shut up. [face_devil] And, as stated earlier, Anakin is the master of denial. And thanks again!

To Dahlia_Santary: [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

25. light-

Oct 8, 2005
    holy crappo!!!

I could see Shian shake him even as I opened my mouth. ?One more word and I?ll let the General rip your head off,? she muttered. Onasi fell silent.

[face_laugh]

?Shut up!? I shouted, and reinforced it with the Force. I could see his head snap back with the power behind it.

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

ohhh mannn.... I'm so so... :_|:_|:_|
    wow .. that was goooood

I'm so glad Anakin finally realizes what he's done...:_|
    And so so so glad his eyes are blue .. so basically he's becoming Anakin again!!! =D= :)

thanks for the pm

* continues to be impatient for next post*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.