main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A resource thread for First Time Authors/Posters

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthBreezy, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    First off, WELCOME NEW WRITERS!

With AM's blessing, we are trying to reduce the number of 'I need help posting my first fiction' threads that have cropped up...

If you haven't taken time to look through the FAQ at the top of the page, please do so before you post! :) That thread will help familiarize you with the general guidelines of the forums including the PG limits, (language, content levels ect) and forum ediquet.

Your freindly and helpful forum Moderators are Amidala Skywalker and Kit but if you get stuck, there are a lot of helpful threads and folks about!

Need an idea for a story?

plot bunny thread

Ideas up for 'adoption' that your fellow writers have come up with but just don't have time to write... be sure to credit the originator of the story if you use it!

Want some one on one help? Try Adopt a newbie!

Have an idea but not sure about small details?

Fan fic writers help thread

Reachout
    A group of experianced writers who are willing and able to help you find your footing.

This is just a small sampling of the great threads out here in the WRF... If you need additional help, feel free to post here.

It can be a daunting experiance posting your first fic. You worry if it will be recieved well, about feedback... Rest assured EVERYONE here has been where you are now. If the links above haven't helped you, please feel free to post your questions here. This isn't a place to ask for feedback (refer to Return of the feedback Junkies for that) nor is it ment as a replacement for any of the above mentioned sources (and any that might follow), but more of a 'safe haven' for those who are nervous about taking the plunge...

Come on in! The water's are fine and friendly and our lovely mods are always ready to take care of any 'sharks' (ie nasty posters) you might encounter!

Once again, WELCOME!

[face_love]

2. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Cheers to Breezy for starting this thread. :)

And to all newbies out there: I registered in October 2000, but it was February 2002 before I gathered the nerve to post my first story--and that was after some encouragement from the friend who eventually became my beta. I was really worried about how well it would be received and I didn't have too many readers at first--but I enjoyed writing it so I kept going, and eventually the readers came and the story gained popularity, and I became brave enough to post a few more fics.

3. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Just want to be sure this doesn't go compleatly by the wayside....

4. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    This thread is quite good - except the Title : From the title, I had expected some beginner asking for help, and not a kind of resource thread ... :p

5. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
  6. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Still seeing lost posters.. can we offer cookies?

7. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Come on out guys, don't be shy...

I've seen plenty of folks out there who say they feel lost when first entering this forum. That's what this thread is here for. :)

8. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Wow, it?s very rare to see no one in a help thread. I hope it picks up soon.

Best of luck to this thread, and to its creator, Breezy! :)

Am [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.