main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A revelation at Starwars.com?

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Mauler_II, Jun 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Check out this link. It looks like some theories about Dagobah can be thrown out...

"..During those times Yoda figured in stopping a swath of destruction cut by Dark Jedi from Bpfassh. One of these dark siders had gotten as far as Dagobah, were Yoda bested him in direct confrontation. The Bpfasshi Jedi died, his dark Force absorbing into and twisting a nearby tree -- forming a dark side nexus. It is believed that Yoda chose Dagobah as his hiding place due to the dark side energies emanating from the tree. "

2. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I wouldn't put much faith into that information. It's EU and therefore not considered canon.

3. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    The only reason I thought it might be somewhat reliable is that it is on the main site. Either way, it would be interesting to see if that part of the databank entry gets changed over the next couple years.

4. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Yeah, but starwars.com isn't even considered canon.

It's not that I'm trying to say that what it says is already incorrect. Just that it will be interesting to see if Episode 3 contradicts that information.

5. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    No offense to anyone else, but I look at it this way--if it ain't on film, it ain't canon.

(Although the Star Wars holiday special is the exception to this rule--yaack!)

6. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    But Beret, that was on videotape. Much like a certain prequel sequel recently released. [face_mischief]

7. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Beret (and Zepo for that matter) this is one I'd have to disagree with you on, unless of course, you have the same feeling: Even though I own a copy of The Holiday Special, it's so candid I don't consider it authentic to the story of Star Wars. I love it none-the-less though.

8. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Oh no, I guess I got my response out wrong. What I meant was that I don't consider the special to be canon, even though it is on film, so I agree with you guys--it stinks!

Or maybe I've just confused you even worse...

*sigh*

9. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Yeah, I thought I must have misunderstood. Glad we're in agreement :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.