main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Rewrite of page 456 (The Page Anakin Solo dies...)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Courtney_Solo, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Notes: All of the boldwriting is what I re-wrote.
    I think we all agree! Actually, I KNOW we allhate pages 456-457 in Star by Star, because Anakin.... 'd-word' (dies...). *sniffle*
    SO! I'm re-writing it and ripping out pages 456 thru the rest of the book! ;) Hope you all enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: I don't own any of this, most of what is in here is either Troy Dennings or George Lucas's. (Darn...)

Anakin continued far enough to see where the imposter had come from, a work area near the queen's pen.
    Dozens of Tendrils lay streched along a workbench, each ending in a small cloning pod, some open some closed.
    It looked like a tissue transfer station. That was what the imposter had, a cargo full of voxyn tissue, enough to clone a million.
    Anakin's aura flashed and dimmed and flashed and dimmed more, his cells rupturing in chain reactions, the cycles faster and faster as less of him remained to contain the energy.
    He felt his legs turn to jelly, but would not let them colapse, the mission had to be completed.
    He pulled his last thermal detonator off his harness pack and thumbed it three clicks.

Go Now.

"Anakin, I can't!" Jaina commed.

Anakin raised the detonator so his brother and sister could see.

Thirty seconds, he released the trigger. Take her, Jacen, kiss Tahiri for me.

"ACK!" Tahiri's cry of protest was unescapable, and she didn't even use the comlink.

With the charging warriors almost upon him again, Anakin threw the detonator across the grashal. He wasn't concious of using the force to guide it, but he must have, because it hit the imposter in the head, No wait, that was Tahiri.

"Kiss me for you, huh? Have you learned NOTHING of my stubborness?" she retorted at his cry of dismay.

Anakin was too busy parrying to see what happened to her for the next few seconds, but when he finally managed to spring away from his attackers- he was no longer strong enough to flip or cartwheel- the imposter was gathering himself up, only to be knocked down again by an infuriated Tahiri.

"It's Nom Anor!" she shouted over the cackling of her lightsaber chopping off Nom Anor's head.

Anakin spotted a Yuuzhan Vong warrior looking wide-eyed at the sphere and Anakin nudged the sphere away right as he lunged for it.

10 seconds...

"Save your strength!" Tahiri hooked her arm around his waist and hoisted him up into the awaiting ship, just as the detonator exploded.

"Get us out of here!" Tahiri yelled at Jacen, who nodded a silent 'yes ma'am.'

Anakin drifted into unconciousness in Tahiri's gentle grip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone want the alternate ending? If so, then I can come up with something satisfying... ;)

2. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Are you planning on turning this into a challenge? If not, this really is better suited for the Beyond board, here: Beyond. :D

(Someone needed to change the ending though! He's too cool to die!) :_|

3. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Because this does belong on the Beyond board, I'm going to lock it for now. But if you'd like to turn it into a challenge, PM me and I'll open it back up. :)

4. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    From the picture on the back I think he was too jedi-like and cute and Han Solo-ish and down-right awesome to die!

Fortunately the minute I read pages 456 and 457 I tore them out of the book.... :D

I plan to add this to the Beyond Board very soon, but I can't right now, darn. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.