main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Rivalry Renewed* 9/22*FINAL POST** STORY COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, May 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Having a bunch of jedi killers lounging around the lobby is unnerving. [face_devil] I hope the lingering dark jedi are weakening too, their numbers have dropped.

The crews moment of rest was not long. [face_tired] They may not like what they find outside the room. [face_worried]

2. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
  3. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Thanx for sticking with me and this story. Almost over now!!! ewen

##############

All sabers activated, Jinn jerked the door open. No one.

He peered down the empty hall and listened intently for any movement. He nodded for toward the stairway emergency exist at the other end of the hall. Then whispered his orders.

"Vos you check the fire escapes. Xani go to the door that goes up to the landing port and check it out.. I will remain here and guard the entrance to tour room.?

Xanatos Crion made it to the landing port door just ahead of Vos reaching his destination.

A rustling sound just on the other side of the door told him what he needed to know. When Jinn turned his attention from Vos back to Xani, the young knight motioned toward the door and Qui-Gon immediately knew what he meant. Master Jinn whipped his head around and Vos was letting him know just about the same thing. Jinn knew then that if those exits were blocked, chances were the main elevator would soon open and that too would hold Dooku or some of his dark Jedi. He waved his hand for the two to come back. Once inside their room, Jinn shut and locked the door.

?Quinlan, go collect Obi-Wan. Try to get him as awake as possible. He needs to walk on his so that you can use your weapon. Xani and I will see you safely to the landing port and from there you can get Obi-Wan away safely.?

The horror riddled face of Xanatos told Jinn he had misunderstood what was going on.

?No Xani??

Qui-Gon was unable to finish his sentence. Crion interrupted him in with a hysterical rant of his own.

?Master, What about Anakin? We can?t just leave him for Dooku to do what he has done to the rest of the Jedi on this planet.?

?Settle yourself Xanatos. I don?t plan to leave anyone of us here. I only want Quin to see Obi-Wan away safely. You and I will remain and find Anakin then we can escape.?

?No master I won?t leave you here . I should stay to help. Let Xanatos take Kenobi.?

Xani eyed Quin with anger.

?You think *you* can defend our master better than I? You can?t you know and besides I won?t leave Anakin. I think Qui knows that.?

Obi-Wan had stood silently beside Knight Vos. He used the knight?s big body to rest his weight but he was awake and alert enough to know what was going on.

?I won?t leave you master, so you can just forget it.?

Qui-Gon was delighted to hear a stronger, healthier Obi-Wan speak but he did not care for what he said.

?Obi I will be fine. You are just not strong enough right now to help.?

Obi-Wan took his weight off Vos, his body still weak and his mind also still a little confused. Vos steadied him with one hand until the boy finally stood on his own.

?I will not leave without you. You are my master and my duty is to protect you just as you presume you are protecting me by insisting I leave.?

?I agree with Obi-Wan, Master. Maybe he can?t help as much as he would like, but I certainly can.?

Jinn cast both his apprentices, past, and present a look that meant there would be further discussion.

?Oh very well. But both of you will answer to me for such blatant disobedience. I haven?t the time to stand here and argue the issue. Let?s go by way of the stairway downstairs and try to locate Anakin. Padawan, you stay to the rear. I don?t expect to get to the lobby by any exist without a fight.?

Jinn saw the relief in Xani?s face. He knew that behind either door to the port or to the lobby that someone was behind there waiting. Vos and Xani had already alluded to that when they scouted them for him. Master Jinn motioned for his three apprentices to move away from the door that led to the stairwell. He very quietly walked to the door and placed his hand on the door handle and his ear to the door. He heard the same rustling Xanatos heard and knew what he planned to do. Without a word or another thought he shoved the door opened as hard as he could physically and with the aid of the force. The dark Jedi who stood just on the other side went tumbling. Two went down a flight of st

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    dID these guys try to kill themselves to be free of Dooku's control or were they such zombies that they couldn't fight well?

5. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    :) So far the resistance is light. It is good to have Obi on his feet. I hope he stays out of the way, and out of Dooku?s reach.

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Uh oh! Action has started! Totally ready to rumble! hehehehe

How sweet of Obi wanting to stay with Qui! Glad the other two didn't argue too much. *snrk* gotta track down Anakin now... jeez maybe you guys should leave him! ;) Nahhh Xan wouldn't allow it. Though I'm sure Dooku wouldn't want him either... he'd prob come up with a plan to kill the kid since his Master (Sid) has a liking for the kid. hehehehe

Great work :D

7. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Obi will not stay out of the way. He simply can't! :D

8. JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L

JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2004

Ya he is back to being the obi we all love.:)
    I am loving this stroy. i cant wait for the next post.

9. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Earlier, Padawan Skywalker walked right past Count Dooku while he still sat with the newspaper in front of him, before he got up to leave, and never realized who he was. Of course Anakin should have been able to feel another force sensitive but Paplaptine had made sure he indelibly placed things in Anakin?s mind that would keep him occupied. He could have walked right past his own master and not seen nor felt him through the force.

Little did Anakin know that he was virtually surrounded by the dark Jedi, all force sensitive and he failed to notice them. They on the other hand had noticed him but had been given strict orders to leave the ?Chosen One? alone and not draw attention to themselves with him around.

Dooku only hoped the boy continued with his game playing, which in his mental state he wasn?t very good at anyway. Dooku feared that maybe, just maybe Ani was doing so poorly at the video games he might abandon them and go back upstairs to where the Count did not want him to be; not before he finished doing away with the Jedi. After that, he planned to shuffle Anakin away to the Telosian temple with some mistruth about protecting him after the other Jedi were *GONE*.

Anakin first played his favorite game, Space Cadet in the game room. Normally it was a game that brought him hours of delight if he had the time. He almost never lost and that was the primary reason he liked playing it. However, this night he could not stay focused. It was as if a fog had settled in his mind.

Instead of thoughts of the game, he continued to allow Palatine?s words to muddle through his mind over and over. Each time he thought about what Palpatine said, his respect for the senator just grew and grew and grew.. His adoration once felt for the Jedi diminished with his thoughts of power, dark lustful, evil and rewarding power he could have if only he allowed the dark side to rule his destiny.

Once he gave up on his Space Cadet game Ani had just about decided he might as well go back to his room.

At least I might find a holo-vid to watch or get something to drink.

He started for the exist door of the game room when something close to magnetism drew him back. As hard as he tried to reach for the door handle the harder it became. He gave up on the idea of leaving when whispers through his mind echoed a suggestion that he should try another game.

It really was the whisper of Sidious? voice guiding Anakin back into the game room to tackle one more game. However, Ani believed it was just his own thoughts that convinced him to stay. He would have never guessed it was a mind suggestion from the sith Darth Sidious, intentionally placed there to prevent him from seeing Dooku and his Jedi annihilate Anakin?s master, and the other Jedi with him.

#########

Master Jinn, Xani, Obi and Quinlan Vos stood just inside the stairwell door. They were now on the main floor and wanted desperately to find Anakin as quickly as possible and escape right out the front door. Qui thought it would be the easiest route because he knew Dooku would be a little hesitant to open fire in the main lobby with witnesses there to identify him.

?Xani, I think you should be the only one to go right now. If Ani is in the game room, get him, and head out the front door. Go to the café around the corner, the one we ate yesterday, and wait there only five more minutes. If we don?t meet you, leave and get Anakin to safety. Do you understand??

?What about you master? How will you escape??

?Look we don?t have time to discuss this.?

?I plan to give you exactly five minutes and if you have not returned, I will assume you have gotten Anakin and have left the hostel. That is when Quin, Obi, and I will make our move. Be assured you better not take longer than five minutes for if you do you will return here to find us gone. That is all the time I can give you padawan??

There was a sadness where just before a curt sound in Qui-Gon?s voice. There was no spoken apology but Xani saw it in the deeply furrowed brow of his form

10. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Space Cadet / Anakin good pairing. :p Palpy has warped Anakin pretty good.

I liked Xanatos found respect for Qui-Gon, and Quinlan?s final understanding of Xan. It is coming down to the final showdown. Much as I?d like to be rid of Anakin I do not wish Palpatine on anyone. I?ll be waiting to see.

Congratulations on yours grade, it was chemistry after all. B is pretty good. :D I smoked out the lab back when I took HS chemistry. Not my best class.

11. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I barely got a B in high school chemistry. At least I'm not the one who caused the chlorine gas explosion, although it did happen while I was in the room. [face_sick]

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Great lil chappy :) so they're ready for the showdown juz about!

Congrads!

13. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Relief spread over Knight Crion?s face when he opened the door to the hotel game room and the first thing he saw was his padawan. The boy played some kind of video game. Anakin was such a sweet sight to Xani?s eyes he could have grabbed him by the cheeks and gave him a big kiss on the forehead.

He didn?t do what he wanted. Xanatos straightened his tunic, cleared his throat, and took a deep breath. He headed as quickly as he could to his apprentice, without drawing attention to himself.

?Ani come on, we have to go.?

Xanatos grabbed Ani?s arm and interrupted his game.

?Oh Master, see what you have done? You ruined the game. Alright, that?s alright. I have lots of tokens in this one. I can play all evening.?

Xani?s frowned and spoke in an extremely harsh tone.

?You don?t have anytime to do anything. You have to come with me now.?

Though Ani?s brain had been invaded by Palpatine, he knew when his master was unhappy with him, as he was now.

Anakin tried to shake more fog out of his mind as he stared back at his master.

?What.. what is wrong with you, Master Xani? Is something going on??

Through his teeth.

?Yes, Now let?s go.?

Xani still was unwilling to spend the time to tell Anakin what was going on.

No not now, later. Now I have to get us out of here. He should not question me, his master. But of course Anakin usually does everything a Jedi apprentice shouldn?t do.

?Go where.. What is wrong Master??

?Please don?t ask questions. We have somewhere to be.?

Xani looked down at his chrono on his wrist.

?And we only have three minutes left. Now come on.?

Xani tugged at his apprentice.

Others in the game room noticed the disruption and stared on.

Ani pinked with embracement; that his master would draw so much attention to him mortified the teen.

?Alright but could you at least let go of my arm? People around us probably think you are some ogre, my brother perhaps and the way you are acting an abusive one.?

Padawan Skywalker tried to ask what was going on, where they going, but Xani just kept shushing him as they walked out of the hotel and around the corner to a cafe.

Winded from the fast walk Crion spoke between gulps of reviving air.

?Look? we have run into a problem.?

?Problem? what kind of problem? Master why do you have to be so confusing??

?For sith?s sake Ani, if you don?t? quit interrupting and let me finish I may force-hold your mouth shut.?

Ani hadn?t been feeling the best since his meeting with Sidious/Palpatine and his master was only helping to clog his mind up with more of what he thought was nonsense. Nevertheless, he forced himself to listen and hopefully his master would get to the point.

Xani glanced down at his wrist again to check the time.

?Where are you Qui? You said I had five minutes and now where are you my friend??

?Master what happened at the Paramour to cause all this?

?Oh yes, I was about to tell you and you kept interrupting. Dooku and his men came.?

?So, certainly they did not try to jump the Jedi in such a public place??

?That is exactly what they did? are doing as we speak. Maybe since Qui and Quinlan are late. I am not sure what they have planned for us but I can only think it involves our death to be claimed an accident or a tragic assault by some unnamed faction. Master said the Dooku can?t allow us to return to Coruscant with what we know.?

?Would he really do that? He would be thrown out of the Jedi.?

Xani went to the door of the café looked out and down the street then turned his attention back to his apprentice.

?I think the last thing Dooku is worried about is being thrown out of the Jedi. I think his actions have proven he is no longer a Jedi. Master Jinn suspects he is working with the Sith, with Darth Sidious himself more than likely.?

?So, Master Jinn is suppose to met us here? When? Is he late??

?Wait Anakin, one question at a time. It is past time for Qui-Gon to be hear. He said if he was not here to leave and get you to safety immediately and withou

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hehehe Anakin got fuzz mind *snrk* hehehe

Great post! I figured Xan would go back ;) if anything but to help Qui and the others! :D

15. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Couldn't he have just left the brat there? Please???

16. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    1st thought again. Anakin is self-preserving. [face_mischief]

Xan has turned around these last posts. Somehow I think their help may be needed back at the Paramour. Even if they help, I agree Qui-Gon will not be happy they came back. :D It is the jedi way. ;)

17. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Sorry there will be one more post. I could not get the story finished. Gus [my Dachshund] and constant companion tried to paint the bedroom and hall of our little second floor walk up. Needless to say Gus got in the paint and now is a little speckled and I still have not finished my task? Oh well here is a short post because I promised it on Friday!!! ewen

#######################

Qui-Gon waited the five minutes and true to his promise he gathered Obi-Wan up near his side and he and Quinlan headed out the door. The stairwell entrance to the outside was their aim but right before they reached the door that would have led them out of the hotel, they were met by blaster and saber carrying Jedi, Jedi, Master Jinn assumed, only dressed in commoners clothing.

Qui-Gon pushed Obi-Wan back in the corner of the step landing and started into battle. Sabers the two Jedi could have handled. Both he and Quinlan were probably the best of the best in Jedi in that department. However it was hard to dodge blaster shots and the dark Jedi seemed to want to use them over the sabers. Master Jinn knew they had to get out in the open and out of the enclosed stair platform. While they were not able to make it outside they did get the door opened to the first floor main lobby of the hostel. There the fight spilled out with guests scattering and screaming as they went.

Qui-Gon left Obi-Wan in the corner because frankly he thought he would be safer than dodging or trying to dodge the blasters.

Jinn watched two bystanders go down from the blasters and knew he had to get some of the weapons out of the dark Jedi hands when something came to mind.

That is what he sat out to do and with the help of the force the blasters were removed. So was much of Jinn's ability to use the force. Between using his force to get the blasters away from his enemies and the healing of Obi-Wan earlier, Qui-Gon along with Vos were virtaully trained of their powers.

###############

By the time Xani and his padawan reached the corner they needed to turn to go to the hostel they could hear the commotion from its lobby. Screams, blood curdling screams from both male and female. Just before entering the hostel people some holding their injured arms, some with head wounds oozing blood, a couple being carried out by friends, toppled out of the front doors. Knight Crion helped several who had wedge themselves from the revolving door; a result of too many crowding into a one of its rotating slots to get out.

Once inside Anakin and Xanatos both had their sabers out. Anakin was more clear-headed than he had been. He found that the rush of adrenaline caused him to be come more alert. In actually the adrenaline rush did help him. It helped to shake Palpatine?s strong mental hold over him away. Yes remnants of Sidious? mind suggestion were there, they just did not take precedence as they once had. One the Jedi knight and his apprentice reached the lobby of the hostel it was no less chaotic than Xani had imagined. It might have been worse because it startled Ani?s master to see Quinlan Vos down on the floor, hands and knees as he struggled to right himself. Anakin saw the blood coming from Vos? right side. It covered the entire right of his upper tunic but still the knight made every attempt to get back on his feet to help his former Master.

Sabers glowed and sizzled everywhere. The blasters had been successfully eliminated by Qui-Gon and Quinlan and the Jedi in common clothes now donned their sabers as second choice of weaponry. Another thing that had at first confused Xanatos were the outfits of the dark Jedi. He first assumed that he would see Jinn and Vos fighting the dark Jedi clothed as he remembered them. Now he had to look for color of the sabers in hand and not the outfit to identify the Jedi attackers.

Anakin had managed to shake off most of Sidious? mind manipulation, although the dark lord still resided inside Ani?s head.

The Padawan immediately pulled his saber to help his master. His pride would n

18. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh no!! Vos is hurt!! [face_mischief] I'll help heal you!! [face_love] Ack! Wait... I can't... I can't betray the lusty Count. But it is soooo tempting!! Hrmmm Vos! =P~ hehehehe

Great chappie! Poor Obi hopefully he'll not get hurt helping! Becareful kid, but kick some butt while you're at it!!

Hehehe I'd expect the fighting to help Anakin think, fighting and flying always helped him focus :)

19. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    The heat is on in the lobby. With the weakened state of both sides of the fight it is more ?fair? in skill. Anakin is helping thank goodness. :D

Though Obi is doing what he feels necessary, picking up a red saber to use is quite a picture.

Having another post is just fine. :) Sorry about Gus, he should have know he is too short to help. :p

20. JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L

JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2004
    GO Obi-Wan you get in their and help out.

I really like this story and am sad that it is almost finished. You did a great job writing the stroy and i hope you continue to write more.

21. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Wait, wait, wait Obi-Wan is going to fight with a sith-light-saber? :eek: [face_shame_on_you]

22. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    and bratakin is only paying attention to the color of the sabre, not who weilds it? [face_shocked]

Little Gus was just trying to help :D

23. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Walls painted, Gus is now black and tan again, so here is the final post.

################

Obi-Wan chose the extra Jedi that was just about to attack Quinlan Vos from the back. The red saber felt different. Obi couldn?t distinguish if the difference was the strength in it of if it seemed to vibrate on its own from the force of the dark. Possibly as Obi also thought, it could just be his imagination.

Quinlan saw the flash of the red saber and at first assumed two Dark Jedi had begun an assault on him from the rear. He very nearly attacked Obi-Wan before the boy?s force signature vibrantly echoed through to his mind? He continued his quest to defeat the dark Jedi he had been engaged in battle with in front of him.

Anakin paid no mind to what Obi-Wan had done, didn?t even see the other apprentice pick up the red saber and begin fighting.

Anakin felled his last opponent. The dark Jedi fell to his knees and looked shockingly into the eyes of the other Jedi. He seemed perplexed that a fellow Jedi would kill him. Anakin halted with the man?s eyes still on him. The stare would haunt the Jedi apprentice for a long time. He felt a sadness as he felt the man die, through the mystical powers of the force, by his hands, another Jedi.

A flicker from a red saber brought Anakin out of his thoughts. He swung around and his saber hit the red bladed saber. For a second Anakin was prepared to land a deadly blow to this other Jedi, dark Jedi? The only thing that stopped him was a moment's hesitation as he thought back how horrible it felt to feel the dead Jedi passing go through his force .

It had been numbing. When he looked into his opponent?s eyes his mind totally came back to him? It was not an enemy, it was Obi-Wan Kenobi welding a red saber. Anakin thought for only a second that a great many of his problems would be eliminated with the death of Jinn?s apprentice. It was only moments because he thought back of how bad it was to feel a death of the dark Jedi.

If I kill a Jedi of light, like Obi-Wan, it would reverberate through my force?s being forever, no doubt.

He stopped his forward progression, swung around, and looked to see who was still fighting.

Obi had taken his man down and waited for his master and Quinlan to finish theirs. They could have long ago had they the desire to kill them. But just like Obi-Wan had done, they did not kill, they incapacitated their opponents. The dark Jedi would die soon enough by Dooku?s death sentence given them by having their souls removed.

Dooku, in the meantime sneaked closer to the fighting. He had no wish to get into the midst of it but he wanted to see for himself when his men killed Jinn and his former apprentices. He was met with the shock of his life when he saw all of his Jedi on the floor, either dead or unable to fight again.

His rage overcame him. He pulled his own saber and rushed into the group. The first person he ran into was Anakin Skywalker.

The padawan was at first confused. It wasn?t often that an apprentice drew a saber on a high master and unheard of to actually use it.

Anakin saw the anger in the Count?s eyes as he rushed toward him. Ani's saber was already sheathed from killing his last attacker. He spun around and made an ill timed attempt to grab his saber.

Quinlan was now finished with his dark Jedi as were the others. He made his way over to help Anakin. Xani and Master Jinn did the same. They all knew Ani would be no match against Count Dooku

As if in slow-motion they watched as Dooku held his saber up stuck out straight in front of him, and aimed it right at the chest of Xanatos Crion?s padawan.

Anakin stood frozen. His past passed before him. Memories of his mom came to mind. He thought he would die at the Count?s hand. Amazing how many thoughts pass through one?s mind when they believe they are about to die and with only seconds to breath the air.

Suddenly, just as the tip of the red glowing saber reached the tunic of Anakin Skywalker, singed it actually, a blaster sound rang out.

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    :eek: Nooooooooo! You killed Dooku!!!

*Snrk* okay I'm over it! hehehehe great job! That was sooooooooooooo awesome having Palpy kill Dooku! *snrk* hehehehe he opened the ranks now ;) Anakin can slide right on in later on. hehehehehe Great job! :D

25. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    hee hee Palpy tok care of his problem without any true suspicions cast on him.

Do we ever find out if Obi will be cleared of the allegations against him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.