main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A room for a saber fight

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by Darth-Cyrus, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Cyrus

Darth-Cyrus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2004
    I modeled a room for the saber fight a the end of my fan film. It was completely done in Bryce. I just want some oppinions and some suggestions.

[image=http://darkstormpro.com/saberroom.jpg][image=http://darkstormpro.com/saberroom2.jpg]

2. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    It looks interesting, but noisy. I don't have a clue as to where that might be or what purpose that room serves.

What's the scale of this room? How big/small is it?

3. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    texturing defintley needs to be redone, dont use bryce textures, there horrible when it comes to something other than landscape.

also add some more space if your going to hnave that many columns, and add windows.

basically it is far from done in my opinion.

4. No I am your Father

No I am your Father Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2000
    [image=http://home.uchicago.edu/~ecoslor/images/duck.jpg]

5. Darksteps

Darksteps Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2001
    I think you should get rid of the textures for now... flesh out your concept first worry about textures when there's nothing else to mesh...

if you're gonna use textures that repeat, try to keep them from being so noticeable... maybe also allow each surface to have a texture unique from others, i.e. walls should have their own, floors, ceilings, otherwise it gets boring to look at when all surfaces look the same...

it's a good start, just get rid of the textures till you get closer to completion...
    ;)
    Darksteps...

6. Darth-Cyrus

Darth-Cyrus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2004
    I have made it a good size room for a saber fight. I can't add a window because it is deep inside a space station. I guess the texture is way overused but I like it so I think I will keep it for the colums or the floor or both. I realy want to keep the room empty so that there is plenty of room for the fight, and because the space station is new and the room is for storrage. Since there isn't anything to put in there yet because of this newness, Its a good place for a fight. I realy don't want to add anything to the room unless anyone has some good ideas.

Edit: Also could anyone recomend some textures to use on walls and the ceiling.

7. PapaFett

PapaFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 16, 2002
    My only recomendation is to not ever use pre-made textures... they always look like crap, sorry but they really do.

8. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    way too busy

9. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    busy=bad
    blue=i dont get it

aside from that, looks cool. just make it a little less busy and get rid of the blue (unless there is some odd purpose i am just missing ;))

10. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Uh... what's up with the duck?

11. Only-One-Tea-Cozy

Only-One-Tea-Cozy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    56k alert lol.

What it could use for a lightsaber fight is more levels. a fight on one level gets pretty boring. also dont tell me you plan to finish the fight with someone getting killed by the actual lightsaber fight :( much more fun to have them fall into something :)

as for the texture. yes it really does suck. pretty bad.

anyway put some stairs in and stuff, or at least different tiers. what fun is a fight in bland room.

12. malamin

malamin Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2001
    Catwalks! Where are the catwalks? No saber battle is complete without catwalks.

13. William_G_Matthew

William_G_Matthew Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2004
    See, I think I've got this. The room is obviously going to be used as a futuristic disco bar or rave club on Coruscant. The duck is to indicate "Disco Duck" which confirms this theory.

I'm sensing that you all are watching too little TV, or I'm watching too much.

\__Will__/

14. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    you also need to state that you did not make the door, i believe it is the one made by andrew ravenwood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.