main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST A round of applause for JJ and his infuriating Mystery Box!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darth_mccartney, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Well here we are, the premier day of Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens!

Love it or loathe it, JJ has managed to keep the lid of his infuriating mystery box well and truly sealed. There have been leaks and rumours, but nothing too big as such. And in this day and age the amount that still remains a mystery is astonishing.

So, it's been a long haul and an absolute bastard at times waiting for the next morsel of info, we've praised him, we've cursed him, but...well played JJ. You kept the lid on The Force Awakens!

A round of applause!

DarthKreVass, EviL_eLF, HGST and 21 others like this.
  2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Agreed! It's made the journey that much more fun! =D==D==D=

DaddlerTheDalek, Dewback and Seeher like this.
  3. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Clap clap before the Lock (...?)

4. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    What if the big mystery is already out there and they just totally ignored it and everybody wrote it off? :_|

Darthmaul208 and SkywalkerOG like this.
  5. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Yeah, it's hard to be frustrated now that we are this close. It's been a fun wait.

6. Jedi_Master_Laker

Jedi_Master_Laker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 27, 2002
    In this day and age of instantly being able to transmit information worldwide using a multitude of phones, drones etc. it is truely an accomplishment that he has kept so much from us. That is a benefit of having a true lover of SW directing/producing the films that inspired him to be what he is today. Thank you Kathleen Kennedy ^:)^

7. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    I'm very happy at what JJ has been able to do. I feel like I was one of the few who were happy that he did the whole Mystery Box thing. We got info sure, but he still kept a bit of a lid on it and that should be encouraged. So much more satisfying seeing it in theaters. Imaging if we had no idea Kylo was the son of Han, none at all and then finding that out naturally in the theaters.

8. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    So has anyone concluded how many minutes of footage minus redundant scenes we have?

I am satisfied, the promotion got feverish and relentless later but it did NOT disappoint. I think all the fanbases - Core fans, young fans, old fans, sport jocks, comedy... have been fully covered.

9. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    Remember those dark days of nothing in February to Celebration in April. (Shudders)

10. Darth Palpadious

Darth Palpadious Jedi Master star 3

May 31, 2013
    It's been a wonderfully exciting 3 years, and a hell of a ride. Each trailer has provided us with shocks galore and no doubt the film will deliver that on an epic scale. The whole campaign has been marvellous and I cannot express how happy I am to be 54 hours away from seeing the film and still relatively unspoiled.

The wait's nearly over and tonight the spoilers will arrive - so at this point, I'm out! Goodbye forum, I'll see y'all on the other side where we can start grappling with an Episode VIII-shaped mystery box! :)

11. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    I don't understand the Praise. I knew a lot more about the TFA when it was filming from the MSW site, it had most of the movie flow down. I know nothing about Rogue one at all. I would award them the mystery box prize.

Darkslayer and Poe loves Rey like this.
  12. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Wow, its been essentially 3 years since I signed. It's been a lot of fun.

13. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002

Compared to the PT we've gotten next to nothing. R1 is still a year off, plenty of time for stuff to leak. That said, multiple people have reported that they improved security on R1 because of what little got out on TFA.

light_sabe_r likes this.
  14. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    Might be because everyone is so focus on TFA, lets see what happens after next week.

And JJ, KK, the cast and crew: ^:)^ ^:)^ =D==D=

15. Poe loves Rey

Poe loves Rey Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2015
    Um, we know like 99% of this film. His mystery box mostly failed.

And Kasdan said there would be an ESB-like reveal about parentage, and many sources say Luke tells Rey he's her father in an ESB type of way. So even the biggest mystery has pretty much been solved.

16. TK428

TK428 Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2015
    I must say, I'm really impressed by the lead up to this film. My knee-jerk reaction to the Disney purchase was "I have a bad feeling about this". But I have been proven wrong. Each bit of footage or interviews with cast + crew reaffirms that I think this will be be a worthy successor to the OT.

17. Solosaber

Solosaber Jedi Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Good job JJ...even though there are posters on this forum who think they already know the plot.

What time is the premiere tonight...anyone know??

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    That's why I believe Han won't die in VII. Studios will create fake scripts to throw off leakers.

19. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    The story beats leaked, Ren leaked, Hamill too and Snoke apparently. So the box lid hasn't been on that tight.

Obi-Wan's Apparition likes this.
  20. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    as early as summer 2014 I knew this movie was about a rogue stromtrooper going AWOL after a massacre of a desert planet village when the bad guys were looking for Luke's bespin saber. He meets the heroine on the desert planet and they escape on the falcon then they meet Han and chewie aboard a freighter who had not seen the falcon in some time. after they go to some castle to see an old friend of Han who shows them a vision of the past and so on. the previews so far show that MSW had basically the whole flow of this film over a year ago.

Vohnkar likes this.
  21. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014

In relative terms, this movie hasn't leaked. For attack of the clones we had, essentially, a fully fleshed out short story that included absolutely everything that happened, and why, and as stuff changed, we found it out.
    As I recall, we knew Zam Wessell was a changeling pretty much as soon as someone was directed to work on an effect to make her shapeshift, for example.

beachdude42 and hippie1kenobi like this.
  22. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Novels were released before the movie in the prequel era.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  23. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    IF (big IF) MSW ends up being accurate on their 'beats' just imagine how little we would know without them? I mean, we would literally know nothing except what we have seen in the trailers and toys. Can you imagine how hot the 'Where is Luke?' debate would be?

beachdude42 and Force22 like this.
  24. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014

I know. I'm talking a year advance we knew EVERYTHING, and were able to confidently chart the development of the film, as and when things changed.
    I'm glad the novels have been held back this time, it makes much, much more sense

25. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Must I applaud before I see the movie? :p J/K I am looking at this as a Star Wars film first, J.J. Abrams second. Although, the annoying lack of information makes me glad the Mystery Box will go big booma as of Thursday...

I don't need to know everything, but a little bit more would have been nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.