main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A (Royal) Wedding-updated 8/6 [H/L]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by millenium_dove, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millenium_dove

millenium_dove Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Title: A (Royal) Wedding
    Author: millenium_dove
    Rating: PG
    Summary: Han and Leia's wedding. Hillarity and frustration will ensue.
    Notes: This is a bunny that I was going to ignore, but my master Alethia and others commanded me to write it. So here it is.

- - -

Chapter One: A Little Bit of Spontineity

-

Han Solo was nervous.

Not, like, mildly running-the-Falcon-straight-into-an-asteroid-field kind of nervous. If that was the case, there would have been nothing to worry about.

Of course, by all means, this should have been nothing to worry about either, but it wasn't. It was something to panic over, to debate for months at a time, and meticulously plan.

Han was proposing.

Really, to tell the truth, this should be easy. Han loves Leia, Leia loves Han. It should be an easy thing. But Han, pacing back and forth in his bedroom, was having trouble staying calm.

"It's not like I can walk right up to her and say, 'Hey, your highnessness, wanna get married?" Han shook his head for emphasis and kept talking to himself. "This has to be done with style. Right? Right." Han fingered the small, velvet box in his pocket, and tried not to throw up. Yeah, he was nervous.

But Han composed himself and walked out to the dining room for dinner. It was kind of Luke to invite them to dinner tonight. Han made a fist when he recalled how "the Force" had miraculously decided that Luke ought to know about Han's intentions. Han grumbled something to himself that sounded suspicously like, "Damn Jedi," as he sat down to eat.

-

An hour and a half later, Han, Luke, and Leia, were sitting comfortably full around the dining table. Luke, guessing the pair might have wanted to be alone, stretched and excused himself.

Han coughed. This would be a perfect opportunity to pop the question. But, somehow, his mouth wasn't working properly. Leia was staring into space, thinking of other things. Han cleared his throat, in an attempt to capture Leia's attention.

Leia, of course, looked at him. "Leia," Han started to say, when his voice decided to stop working again.

"Yes?" she asked, a faint smile on her face.

A flurry of emotions crossed Han's face, everything from anger to embarassment to amusement, as he tried to think of the best way to word his proposal.

Leia, meanwhile was growing empatient. "What is it, Han?" she asked, slightly perturbed.

"I..." Han was making various odd hand motions as he tried to work up the nerve to finish his sentence.

Several minutes passed, and Han still hadn't said a word. "For the Republic's sake, Han, what are you trying to say??" Leia's eyes flashed with annoyance. "If you don't tell me now, I'm going to leave."

Argh. "Dammit, your highnessness, I'm trying to ask you to marry me!" Han yelled, his temper getting the better of him.

Now Leia was mad. "Well then ask me, you nitwit!!" she yelled right back. Three seconds later, what had just occurred sunk in. "...Wait. You wanna get married??" she demanded.

Han rolled his eyes at her sarcastically and pulled the ring out of his pocked. Nothing fancy, really, just a gold band with some sort of gemstone set in it. "What do you think, princess?"

Leia's anger vanished immediatly. "Oh, of course I want to get married!!" she squealed, a rare occasion, and threw her arms around Han's neck. "You are so difficult sometimes!" Leia chided, in the same ecstatic voice.

"I'm difficult?" Han echoed, trying to comprehend what just happened. But he soon gave up. All it would do is give him a headache. Han was getting married.

---

Author's Note: I hope you like this, but please tell me what you think. I just always picuted Han and Leia yelling at each other during the proposal.

2. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Lol! [face_laugh] Hilarious piece.

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL! Of course they did it arguing! So in-character. :)

Though my favorite line was:

Han and Leia's wedding. Hillary and frustration will ensue

I feel sorry for Han and Hillary, whoever she is. Just kidding. Did you mean hilarity?

4. millenium_dove

Jul 11, 2005
    Yeah, I meant hillarity. Spelling mistakes are sooooooo embarassing. Hehe...

5. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Don't worry Millenium Dove I have so many spelling and grammer mistakes in my story Ish would have a whole months worth of material :p

Very cute beginning, please keep it up. I always say we need more H/L on the board!

[face_good_luck]

6. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Of course those two would argue even with a proposal. hehe [face_laugh] Very cute! H/L are written in great characterization. I still love reading those two set in the earlier days of Beyond the Saga. Makes for a good laugh.

Damn Jedi. [face_laugh]

Thanks for putting a smile on my face. Hoping for more soon.

7. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    That was great! I could definately see the proposal going that way.

8. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Not, like, mildly running-the-Falcon-straight-into-an-asteroid-field kind of nervous. If that was the case, there would have been nothing to worry about. Eh, that's nothing. :p

Argh. "Dammit, your highnessness, I'm trying to ask you to marry me!" Han yelled, his temper getting the better of him.

Now Leia was mad. "Well then ask me, you nitwit!!" she yelled right back. Three seconds later, what had just occurred sunk in. "...Wait. You wanna get married??" she demanded.
    [face_laugh] Oh that is so Han and Leia!

Damn Jedi [face_laugh]

9. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Even during a proposal, Han and Leia can't quit telling each other off! I loved it.

10. MaraJade1225

MaraJade1225 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    that was quite possibly some of the funniest Han and Leia bickering ever...its hilarious that they can't even stop bickering while Han is proposing to her...wow..thats love...[face_laugh]

MaraJ

11. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    That was great! I can totally see Han and Leia arguing during the proposal. And no COPL is certainly fine by me. Looking forward to more!

12. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Woohoooo! I love happy H/L fics, especially happy H/L that includes fighting!!!! I can't wait for more!!!

13. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Funny Han/Leia mush is a wonderful thing. And, both were in good character. I loved Han's nervousness over asking Leia to marry him. With all their bickering, planning for the wedding should be an interesting endeavor.

14. millenium_dove

Jul 11, 2005
    Squee! I'm so glad you all liked it! Your comments were all so nice! I'll update this soon, I swear!

15. millenium_dove

Jul 11, 2005
    Chapter Two-And So It Begins

Author's Note: Many, many thanks to IrishEyedJedi and Exeter for so much help! The first of Han's lines was actually something Exeter said in a post, and I stole it. *smiles*

"Leia, I'd just as soon marry you on the Falcon and do the Kessel Run for a honeymoon. Chewbacca as best man and C3PO as maid of honor. C'mon, whaddya think?" Han asked, thinking this was a sweet gesture.

"Han," Leia began, trying very hard not to scream, "My mother eloped. Do you know what happened to her?" Han opened his mouth to answer, but Leia continued on anyway. "She died, Han. Do you want ME to die?"

Han gulped. Leia and all this wedding business was really beginning to scare him. For two weeks, two weeks! after the proposal, Leia had been happy. And then, it all vanished. Leia's vocabulary was now reduced to nothing but "wedding" and "dress" and "plans."

It was really a fearful thing.

"Of course I don't want you to die," Han said. [i]I'd settle for bound and gagged at the moment,[/i] he thought to himself. "I was just saying that I don't care how we get married so long as we do. You know?"

Leia's expression softened. "Aww, Han," she said, and whipped out a datapad from behind her back. "Now, I was thinking," she said, immediately all business again. "That for the reception we could have blue napkins and white plates. And my dress would be white, with a lace flower pattern, okay?"

Han shook his head. "No."

"What do you mean 'No'?" Leia demanded.

"Just no."

"No, WHAT, Han?" Leia was quickly becoming exasperated.

"We can't have white plates." Han shook his head for emphasis.

"Why not?"

"We just can't, okay?" Han said, turning around. Quite red in the face, I might add.

Leia clenched her fists and tried to remain calm. "Han, honey?" she said, her voice sticky-sweet. "Why can't we have the white plates at our wedding reception? The color offsets the blue quite nicely."

"Can't have white plates." Han was still not looking his wife-to-be in the eyes.

Leia gave up. "Han Solo!!" she barked, "You tell me why we can't have white plates this instant or I am ordering them anyway!!"

Han, still quite pink, coughed a bit, then got up and left the room. For the Falcon's sake, didn't the woman understand anything?

[hr]

Author's Note: Short, I know, but I wanted to get this up soon. If you have any ideas, feel free to suggest them! *smiles again*

16. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Of all the things, you picked the plates! I was thinking about something to do with the ceremony but no . . .

I can't WAIT to see how you explain this. Great Job and don't forget you promised Exeter and I an action chapter, with explostions.

[face_good_luck]

17. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    What is wrong with white plates? Can't wait to find out what Han's answer is.

18. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Hehe. That was fun. What's wrong with white plates, Han? And we women are supposed to get all crazy about our weddings! It's tradition!

19. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Of all things, white plates? [face_laugh]

20. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    "My mother eloped. Do you know what happened to her?" Han opened his mouth to answer, but Leia continued on anyway. "She died, Han. Do you want ME to die?"

HAHAHAHAHA! That's the best logic I've ever heard! ;)

No white plates??? I wonder what happened to Han so he won't have white plates...it'd better be good, or else Leia is going to be awful angry!!!

21. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    "Han," Leia began, trying very hard not to scream, "My mother eloped. Do you know what happened to her?" Han opened his mouth to answer, but Leia continued on anyway. "She died, Han. Do you want ME to die?" [face_laugh] Oh, that's great!

"Of course I don't want you to die," Han said. I'd settle for bound and gagged at the moment, he thought to himself. [face_laugh]

"We just can't, okay?" Han said, turning around. Quite red in the face, I might add. [face_laugh]

22. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Dying to know why no white plate!!

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm so mad at myself for missing this earlier! But I got to read TWO great posts at the same time! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Loved it! :D

24. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    This is Funny![face_laugh]

25. millenium_dove

Jul 11, 2005
    Chapter Three: Differing Blues

Author's Note; *goofy smile* You guys are so nice to me! ^^ I hope you like this too! And, as for the white plates thing, you're going to have to wait a bit for an explanation. It'll come, I promise!

Leia flipped nonchalantly through a heavy bound book, while sitting on the couch in the comfort of her own home.

Han, by contrast, was moving box after box after box from the transport that had just arrived into the home.

Finally, the last was inside. Doubled over, trying to aliviate the sharp pain digging through his side, Han panted, "What...exactly...is in...the boxes...?"

Leia looked up at her soon-to-be husband and smiled, "Tables and chairs for the wedding, of course." Han made a face, but Leia didn't notice. "Come look at these samples with me," she demanded.

The Corellian man pulled himself up onto the couch next to Leia, and tried to look interested as Leia rambled on and on and on and on about the pros and cons of each shade of napkins. He soon found that if he merely nodded and grunted his agreement every three-point-one-two-five seconds, Leia was satisfied.

His mind began to wander, first about those horrid, Imperial, anti-Corellian plates, whether or not he would be expected to write his own vows (he would), and why for the Republic's sake Leia was so worked up about all this.

"So, Han," Leia was saying when Han's mind was suddenly snapped back to reality, "Which napkin do you like better?" Leia, who was purposely trying to avoid the subject of [i]plates[/i] held up two napkins.

Han looked from one to the other again and again. For the LIFE of him, he could not tell the difference. He cleared his throat, stalling for time. But Leia was expecting an answer, and an answer NOW. Han coughed again and said, "That one." He pointed to the sample in Leia's left hand.

She looked surprised. "Really?" Leia asked, "Why?"

[i]Damn,[/i] Han thought, before deciding to just improvise his way through it. "Because...it's um...blue-er...than the other?" Han ran promptly from the room, muttering some excuse about more boxes to unload.

Leia sighed. "Poor Han," she said to no one in particular. "I think he's overworked. He didn't even notice the napkins were the same color."

[hr]

Yet Another Author's Note: Short again, but I just really wanted to post this before the thread gets lost in the bowels of the fanfiction board. I hope you liked it, and believe you me, there is a method to my madness. Coming soon: explosions, chaos, wedding vows, wedding guests, more blue napkins, Han's procrastination, Leia's revenge, and *gasp* [i]white plates!!![/i] *insert scary music here*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.