main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN A SAD DAY...BROCK PETERS (another Darth Vader) HAS DIED....

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LITO-JEN_VELASHUU, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LITO-JEN_VELASHUU

LITO-JEN_VELASHUU Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 21, 2004
    I know this doesn't really have anything to do with the Hoosier Alliance specifically, but it is "Star Wars" rrelaated and does relate to a lot of our pasts...

Brock Peters, an African-American actor with a long and esteemed career died today at the age of 78. Peters had been battling pancreatic cancer during the last decade. He was best known for his portrayal of the young African-American accused of rape in the original "To Kill A Mockingbird", also starring Gregory Peck. In his later years, Peters gained a new type of fame after his portrayal of Admiral Cartwright in two "Star Trek" feature films and as the voice of Darth Vader in the PBS-radio "Star Wars" adaptations of "A New Hope" and "The Empire Strikes Back".

...I remember as a child listening to those radio dramas and knowing that the voice I was hearing was not actually the same one I heard in the films...but I also remember being just as intimidated and scared of the chilling, authoritative voice of Brock Peters.

We've lost another member of the "Star Wars" Universe....

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I am very sorry he died. He was good in the S.T. movies but I HATED him as Darth Vader in the ORD.
    :(

3. Sword_of_SPEA

Sword_of_SPEA Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    I listen to those Radio Dramas alot at work, that's so sad. I thought he was a good Vader...and "To Kill a Mocking Bird" is high on my list of best-loved movies...this is sad.

4. Bodknocks_

Bodknocks_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 2004
    He was great in "To Kill a Mockingbird," and I saw one of those Trek movies with him in it just the other day. My hat goes off to Mr. Peters, another fine portrayal of Vader.

MTFBY, Brock.

5. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    I still remember audio-taping the original broadcast......which included a making of
    that does not seem to be on the CD-re-issues........which of course, I not can not find!

Brock made this radio show so good, that I always kept it as an example of what
    radio was like before there was television.

I listen to the original radio show at least once a year, during my spring trips to IU,
    ever since it was first broadcasted.........and I do not listen to the radio normally
    while I drive......or, just last year, I got my first car with a radio in it.
    (there, now you know even more wacky things about me:)

Ed

(answer, used a portable tape player in the car, but only for this radio show)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.