main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Saga in Drabbles (Shmi/Qui, Anakin AU, Ultimate drable challenge #7) Week 15, 5/7/13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Jan 28, 2013.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved them all. And Jacen and animals is always sweet

Alexis_Wingstar likes this.
  2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    You see, this is why I love AUs. Great job here!

Alexis_Wingstar likes this.
  3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Jade_eyes Thank you

Hazel Yeah, AU's are fun to write

earlybird-obi-wan Yes, Jacen is my favorite of Han and Leia's children, which is why I don't like anything after the Yuzzhan Vong War.

Week 8

36. Mistakes

“Ianno, wait!” She rose from her perch and ran after her fellow padawan who had disappeared into the thick vegetation of the forest. She ducked under a low-hanging branch and pulled up short when she saw him standing a couple meters away with his back turned. She swallowed as words escaped her. Why can I never find the right thing to say to him? Maybe this is another mistake.

The young man turned to look at her. “What do you want, Pi?”

“I... I’m sorry,” she stammered.

“For what?”

“I... for acting so stupid.” She felt her cheeks grow warm.

37. Corrections

“I’m the one who’s acted foolish,” Ianno corrected.

A breath caught in Pi’s throat, sensing something from him that echoed within her. Without being aware of taking a step, she moved toward him. She reminded herself to breathe as they stood centimeters apart.

His scent filled her nostrils.

Her pulse quickened.

She closed her eyes when his fingers touched her cheek. She drank in his desire as their lips met. Well aware that Padawans were prohibited to bond, she did not feel the need... or desire... to correct this particular ‘mistake’.

‘I love you,’ their souls whispered and entwined.

38. Prank

Yoda’s large, pointy ears were lowered to the side of his head, and Master Windu glowered as he gazed across the dining hall at the two suspected pranksters. The Grandmaster’s porridge was slowly dripping down the diminutive being’s face as he removed the upended bowl from the top of his wizened head. The Korunnai sullenly grabbed a napkin.

“Did the two of you not like your breakfast,” Obi-Wan inquired as he and Anakin sat across from them with their trays of food.

The newly paired Master and Padawan team appeared entirely too innocent.

“In our stomachs, breakfast would be preferred.”

39. Sabotage

Padme pulled away from Anakin, her heart racing and her pulse beat wildly in her ears. “We shouldn’t have done that.”

“I’m sorry.”

The gleam she saw in his eyes and the fact that he was lightly stroking one cheek with his fingers told her otherwise. “No you’re not,” she accused breathlessly.

“You’re right.” He bent down and kissed her again.

His boldness sabotaged her effort to remain calm, and she closed her eyes as she allowed him to pull her into a passionate embrace. All reserve finally diminished, she leaned into him letting her desire for him flow free.

40. Revenge

She knew this was wrong, but she didn’t care. They had taken her beloved from her, and she would have her revenge. She told herself it was for the best. The Sith were a blight on the galaxy... a threat to all life and light.

As Pi crept silently into the lair of darkness, she suddenly sensed immediate danger. She ignited her blue lightsaber and turned just in time to block the thrust of the red-hued blade. Her eyes widened in surprise and recognition as she saw him.

“But, you’re dead!”

“The rumor of my demise has been greatly exaggerated.”

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Revenge: :shock: =D=

Prank [face_laugh]

Melty :D for the rest. I love you, their souls whispered and entwined. Just plain delicious, that. :)

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love Pi and the image of Yoda after that prank[face_laugh]

Great set

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Those were great! :D

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    @Jade_eyes here's some more deliciousness. @};-
    @earlybird-obi-wan Pi is fun to write. I'm liking her more and more as I write these drabbles... she'll make her way into the sequel to "The Bond".​
    @Hazel I'm glad you enjoyed them. :)
    ~~~​
    Week 9

41. Enemy

The enemy was before her.

Slowly and carefully, so as not to make a sound, she bent low to gather her ammunition without taking her eyes off of him. Straightening back up and making sure her ammo was secure, she drew her arm back and squinted as she aimed.

Launching the missile, she held her breath as it soared toward its target.

Success!

The snowball hit Anakin in the back of the head with a wet splat.

Padme bent over in a fit of giggles at the confused expression on the boy’s face when he turned to look at her.

42. Truce

The youthful queen and her Jedi companion could not stop laughing as they lobbed snowballs at each other as crystalline flakes floated from the heavens. Then something caught Anakin’s eyes and he went over to the balustrade and looked out to see his mother and Master Jinn talking.

A silent truce between them, Padme came up beside him to watch the tall Jedi kneel before Shmi and slip something onto her finger. The queen’s heart fluttered at the romantic scene.

She was startled when Ani, who was oblivious to romance, suddenly yelled, “What are you waiting for? Say ‘Yes,’ already!”

43. Attack

Pi surveyed the other initiates who were laughing after Yoda had turned her prank against her. She felt great joy listening to the Grandmaster’s chuckling.

Suddenly, she felt a jarring pain as a disturbance in the Force attacked her. Falling to her knees, she cried out, “Father!”

A transparent image with a blue corona appeared before her. It was the warm touch on her mind, followed by a peaceful acceptance of what is that made her sure it was truly her father.

Then the apparition faded away.

Looking into Yoda’s kindly, aged eyes, she whispered, “He’s one with the Force.”

44. Friend

Weeks had passed since Master Jinn’s death when Obi-Wan stood in the Temple’s cafeteria, staring at Anakin. His reverie was broken by a deep voice. “I’d take him as my Padawan if I didn’t already have one.”

Having his attention, Master Windu, added, “A knight with a few years of experience under his obi could be a good match.”

“That wasn’t a very subtle suggestion.”

“When have I ever been subtle?”

Obi-Wan conceded the point before going to sit next to his friend. “I know I could never take his place.”

Anakin answered quietly, “We’d make a good team, though.”

45. Negotiate

Pi felt her cheeks grow warm as she reluctantly pulled away. “So,” she said in a soft voice, “do you wish to negotiate a peace between us?”

Ianno smiled, and his eyes gleamed with a mirth she’d never witnessed in him until then. “I thought we just did.”

Laughter sprang from her lips. She said with a flirtatious wink, “I’d like to negotiate some more.”

There was no argument forthcoming as their lips met again.

The padawans were too distracted to hear someone clear their throat.

“Hu-HUM!” Anakin cleared his throat once more and folded his arms across his chest.

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love Anakin and the snowball fight and Pi of course with her love with Ianno

Great use of all prompts

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awww, sweet and delightful blend of friendship and romance =d= [:D]

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan Jade_eyes Hazel

Week 10

46. Sky

“Shmi,” the droid inquired in its mechanical voice, “is that it? Do you not have a family name?”

The frightened girl bit her lip. Her head still hurt, and she couldn’t remember how she came to be there. Yet, the image of strong arms around her as she sat in someone’s lap. Laughter came from a seat beside them. She saw her small hands gripping a joystick.

“Our daughter’s a natural.”

“Well of course, we’re Skywalkers!”

“Sk-skywalker,” the girl stammered, and the droid waved her on so it could process the rest of the slaves its master bought that day.

47. Sun(s)

“Look, there are two suns,” little Anakin exclaimed enthusiastically as he pointed into the sky while Shmi carried him in the line of slaves going from the spaceport to Gardulla the Hutt’s palace.

“Quiet!” A whip snapped next to the child’s ear, without hitting him.

Shmi pulled her son’s head protectively against her shoulder, and he whispered in her ear, “Don’t worry, mommy, two suns is a good sign. We’ll be freed here someday. I can feel it.”

“Of course, we will,” she whispered back. “Now hush, we don’t wish to call attention to ourselves.” She kissed his tender cheek.

48. Moon(s)

Only one of three moons were visible in the night sky. Shmi fancied that on a planet circling one of the stars, her son was looking up, thinking of her. “I love you, Ani,” she breathed wistfully. She imagined she could hear him answer, “I love you too, mom.”

She no longer felt the coldness of the desert night as she thought of the prophecy her son had whispered in her ear when they first came to Tatooine.

“Come,” a man’s voice spoke softly, and she saw Cliegg's outstretched hand. After she took it, he led her to the hovercraft.

49. Stars

She wasn’t free yet, but Shmi’s breast filled with hope as she said farewell to the two moisture farmers under the twinkling stars.

“We’ll be at Watto’s shop first thing in the morning,” Cliegg promised, and she rose up on the tip of her toes to kiss his cheek.

She felt her cheeks grow warm as she pulled away. “Thank you.”

“Don’t thank us yet,” Owen warned in a gruff voice that was so like his father’s. “Wait until we’re sure this plan has worked.”

“It’ll work, son.” The older man slapped his son on the back. “It has to.”

50. Lightning

From the top of her abode, she saw lightning flash in the distance. A minute later, she heard a clap of thunder. It was rare in this season for it to rain, but as the wind started to pick up, she knew the storm was coming. The flashes slowly came closer.

The light show gave her hope that Cliegg was right. The plan would work, and she’ll be free by noon tomorrow. Before she knew it, the storm raged around her. Shmi jumped when a bright streak slammed into a building close to her slave’s hovel, and quickly ducked inside.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very nice! I loned Anakin's prophecy.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great use of the prompts and teeling more of Shmi's story =D=

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love to see more of Shmi. A nice set following her through the events

14. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    “What makes you think a smuggler like you is good enough for my daughter?” Anakin drew menacingly close to the man.

Han felt his cheeks grow hot, and he worked to calm himself. Still, Jedi Master or not, he couldn’t let this man demean him. “Ex-smuggler. The same thing that makes an ex-slave believe he’s worthy of a Queen.”

Master Skywalker’s eyes narrowed.

The two men glowered at each other.

“Don’t kill him, Ani. I like this one.” Padme smiled. “He reminds me of you.”

“I wasn’t going to kill him. Slice off what little manhood he has maybe...”

“FATHER!”

[face_rofl] this is my favorite. So Anakin :D

Jade_eyes likes this.
  15. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Hazel thanks. There was a little bit of something that happened between my own son when he was three-years-old and me that inspired that. :)

Jade_eyes I like writing Shmi (obviously :p), and I'm happy that you like my take on the back story.

earlybird-obi-wan as always, thank you for your feedback. :)

JediFalcon LOL I really enjoyed writing that bit. I figure Anakin and Han are so much alike personality wise, that they can't help but clash.

~~~

Week 11

51. Fun

“Do you concede defeat?” The voice taunted him, “Qui-Gon, I think you’re getting too old for this.”

“The only thing I concede is you are having too much fun at my expense,” the pinned Jedi responded. With his free hand placed on the floor he strained to lift himself. The shoulder that had been injured several weeks before proved up to the task, and Qui-Gon rolled over so he faced the large Korun. Without pause, he swung his fist up into Mace’s face and quickly twisted so that he was on top.

Mace grinned. “Good move.”

“Do you concede defeat?”

52. Play

In spite of Obi-Wan’s reassuring hand on his shoulder, Anakin tensed as he watched Masters Jinn and Windu fight. He told himself the former was strong and would not get hurt. Yet, Mace Windu was strong, too... and fierce. When he pinned Qui-Gon facedown on the mat, the boy took a step forward, but was restrained by Kenobi.

“He said not to interfere.”

The tables were suddenly turned and Master Jinn was on top. Minutes later the fight was over and Qui-Gon came to the spectators.

Anakin folded his arms across his chest and scolded, “Are you through playing now?”

53. Laugh

With a wink, Qui-Gon chuckled. “Do you mean to tell me you’re not up to a little sparring match with me? I thought I’d show you a few techniques.” Seeing the boy’s lips tremble slightly, he knelt down and placed his hands on Anakin’s shoulder. “You worry too much. I’m fine.”

“Indeed,” Mace came up behind the older Jedi as he spoke, “for awhile there, I thought he was going to put me in the healer’s ward.” He slapped Qui-Gon on the back. “I want a rematch.”

“Aren’t you pushing your luck?”

Mace laughed with a shake of his head.

54. Games

At Qui-Gon’s encouragement, Anakin decided to take part in the apprentice tournament. He was nervous the morning of the first round. The other initiates who were participating had trained all their lives, whereas he had barely been at the Jedi Temple three months. Then he remembered how he succeeded in pod-racing in spite of his disadvantages. I can do this, he thought as he faced his opponent.

Anakin quickly stepped aside when Ossekik charged, tripping him. The Trandoshan’s reptilian head banged against the wall, and his body slumped to the floor.

Anakin quickly knelt beside the initiate. “Are you okay?”

55. Vacation

Master Jinn was watching Anakin’s second tournament match as his former Padawan approached him. “I hear your vacation is over,” he commented.

“Yes, I leave tonight.”

Qui-Gon glanced over at Obi-Wan. “You’ll do well.”

“Only because of your training.”

“One can only train someone willing to learn.”

The two watched the two initiates wrestling, each trying to keep the other from reaching the their goal.

“He’ll be a better Padawan than I was.”

“Different, not better,” Qui-Gon corrected. “I learned much from you, Obi-Wan.”

Surprised, the young Knight remained silent.

“You still have much to learn.”

The sentiment comforted Obi-Wan.

AzureAngel2, JediFalcon and Jade_eyes like this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super use of the prompts. =D= Playfulness blended with affection. :)

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely to see Jinn and Mace having a friendly match. And nice touches between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon

18. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I liked them all awesome update

19. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Jade_eyes thanks with those prompts it was hard not to be playful LOL

earlybird-obi-wan I'm tempted to write a story about Obi-Wan during that time frame of my AU that will give more detail of that match.

JediFalcon Thank you :)

It's getting harder to not give too much away about the storyline in "The Bond" when doing these drabbles!

Week 12

55. See

With Qui-Gon sitting with an arm around her shoulder, Shmi stared at the ring on her finger. “It fits perfectly. How did you know what size to get?”

Kissing her cheek, he replied, “I held your hand enough to just know.”

She shook her head in wonder. “I’ve never seen a gem like this.”

“It’s the Ilum crystal I used for my first lightsaber.”

Shmi gasped as she saw the ring in a new light. “It’s beautiful,” she whispered in awe. She knew that whenever she looked at this ring, she would feel Qui-Gon’s love even if he were absent.

56. Hear

Anakin was practicing the moves of the makashi form behind the home his Master/father built. A cool breeze whipped his braid in his face, but he ignored it, so focused as he was on getting the moves correct.

Then he heard a whisper of movement to his left. From the corner of his eye he spied Pi, who had just turned three the day before, mirroring his movements with a twig in her hand. He smiled as he kept moving.

When his sister stumbled, he gave her an encouraging word. “I had trouble with that move at first, too.”

57. Touch

As she washed the dishes, Shmi looked out the window and laughed as she watched Anakin tickling Pi. She sighed sadly. Her daughter would be taken to the Temple on Coruscant for training tomorrow. She took comfort in the fact that the Order now allowed Jedi to have families, and she’d be able to see Pi, just as she was able to see Ani and her husband.

Just as she thought of Qui-Gon, she felt his strong arms wrap around her waist and the touch of his whiskers tickled the back of her neck as he whispered in her ear.

58. Smell

“I love the smell of your hair,” Qui-Gon breathed in Shmi’s ear as he pressed up against her. His hands roamed in opposite directions while he nibbled the nape of her neck. When she moaned and leaned back against him, he gently removed the soapy dish from her hand, placing it in the sink. He then lifted her off her feet and carried her to their bedroom.

A more intoxicating scent reached his nostrils after they’d had their pleasure. He smiled as she cuddled against him, and her fingers softly caressed his chest.

“I love you,” they whispered in unison.

59. Sense

The five-year-old’s heart raced in excitement as they entered Coruscant’s atmosphere. She could always feel the Force, but now, it was more intense. Before the spires of the Temple’s towers appeared, she knew where it was. Though the whole planet teamed with life, it was the nexus under the Temple that called to her.

She sensed it.

It burned hot, yet it also cool and comforting.

The contradiction didn’t confuse her. Instead, it made her feel at home. “I’m going to like it here,” she announced. Seeing the smiles on both the faces of her father and brother, she giggled.

AzureAngel2 and Jade_eyes like this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Touch and Smell and See -- each! get a SQUEEEEEE! Melty melt! Big huge :D [:D] !!

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    What a lovely universe you are creating with married Jedi and Pi especially

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Jade_eyes [face_laugh] Somehow I knew I'd get that reaction. :D

earlybird-obi-wan Thank you. @};-

Week 13

60. Past

Dooku woke up strapped to a cold metal table, a bright light shining in his eyes. He couldn’t blink nor turn his head away. He didn’t know where he was or how he got there. When he tried to remember, his head throbbed with pain. He couldn’t feel the Force.

He heard someone breathing near his ear, but couldn’t see who it was.

“Hello? Where am I?”

There was no answer, but intuition made him guess. “Palpatine, you won’t get away with this!”

There was only laughter in response, then footsteps slowly faded away and a door opened and closed.

61. Future

“I yield!” Zyra threw aside her training saber and glowered angrily at Anakin. “I thought you were my friend!”

He was stunned. She was winning the duel, because he had been holding back, knowing that if she lost, she may be sent to the Service Corps. in a week when she turned thirteen. Before he could say anything, she turned and ran out of the room, her short green lekku trailing after her. Perplexed, he looked over to Master Drallig, who was judging their match.

“You insulted her honor.”

Anakin blinked, still confused. “But, I just wanted to help her.”

62. Present

Shmi forced herself to stand tall as she presented her gift to Queen Amidala in front of all the nobles who were attending the ball in honor of the royal’s birthday. Before the celebration, she’d asked Anakin for permission to give Threepio to Padme since she really had no need of a protocol droid. When she saw the extravagant gifts already given, she felt shamed.

“I am overjoyed to meet you once more, my lady,” the prim droid said and bowed, “and will serve you to the best of my abilities.”

Padme’s expression of pure delight put Shmi at ease.

63. Memories

“Which story do you want to hear tonight, Vrel?”

“Tomo the Shy Ibian,” the three-year-old bounced, loosening the covers.

The mother smiled even as she gently settled her son back down under the covers and re-tucked him in. “I read that to you last night. Don’t you want to hear something different?”

Vrel shook his head as he insisted, “Tomo, I like Tomo!”

Chuckling, she relented and reached for the storybook, remembering it was both Anakin’s and Pi’s favorite as well. Shmi was halfway through the story when she saw his blue eyes, so much like his father’s, slowly close.

64. Expectations

Shmi laughed as Pi and Vrel excitedly greeted their older brother. “Let him in, it’s pouring rain out there!”

As they obeyed, she hurried to get a towel from the refresher. Coming back into the living room, she gasped in delight when she saw who came in behind Anakin, “Padme, it’s so good to see you?” She handed the towel to her as she added, “Here, let me get you another one.”

Soon after they’d dried, Anakin took Padme’s hand and announced something she’d been expecting since the time she first saw them together, “I asked Padme to marry me.”

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Creepy with Dooku
    Sweet with the children
    And a nice gift to Padme

Jade_eyes likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful family moments and Padme is terrific in her reaction to the gift.

25. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan Yeah, I have a hard time putting Palpatine into a scene that isn't creepy for some reason.

Jade_eyes I'm glad you liked it.

Here are some more family moments, and I finally decided who Pi's master is going to be. :D

~~~

Week 14

65. Castle

As the eight-and-a-half month pregnant Padme sat on the beach with Ryoo, they laughed as they watched Pooja and the girls’ little brother, Theoni, build a sandcastle with Anakin. Turning to her niece, she observed, “You are growing to be as lovely as the flower you’re named after.”

The girl blushed and thanked her aunt, then her eyes drew large as she saw Theoni sneak up behind Anakin with a bucket. “Theo, don’t!”

Both onlookers giggled as the boy dumped water on the Jedi’s head.

Suddenly, Padme felt her belly contract. She put a hand to her stomach, gasping, “Ani!”

66. House

Sitting on the porch swing with Vrel, Shmi enjoyed the gentle swaying motion. It had been the last thing Qui-Gon had built in addition to their home.

“Mommy, do you think daddy would be upset that I’m not going to be a Jedi like him, Pi and Ani?” The boy’s dark blue eyes, so much like his father’s, looked concerned.

She smiled as she shook her head. “He would love you as much as your brother and sister. You may never swing a lightsaber, but you are just as important to him,” she kissed his forehead before adding, “and me.”

67. Hut

“Close your eyes.”

“Qui-Gon, we’ve been riding for hours, do we have to play this game?”

“Please, humor me.”

“Okay,” Shmi sighed and did as he asked.

Minutes later, he helped her out of the landspeeder and led her to just the right spot. “Now, open your eyes.” When she did, he said, “I know it’s little more than a hut right now, but we can add on to it.”

Before her stood a log cabin in a meadow filled with fragrant wildflowers. Turning, she saw out over a wide vista of mountains, rivers and forests.

“It’s beautiful,” she whispered.

68. Tent

Though the pup tent was in his backyard, Vrel liked to pretend he was far from home. He’d just gotten comfortable in his sleeping bag when he heard some rustling outside his small shelter. At first he thought it was his mom coming to make sure he was alright. Then he heard growling. His eyes went wide when he saw a monstrous dark shadow coming closer. “M-m-mom!”

The growling shadow came to the front where the door flap was still open.

Vrel grabbed his glow lamp and threw it just as a furry head appeared in the opening.

“Ouch!”

“Ani?”

69. Cave

Pi Jinn walked through a cave on Ilum, surrounded by many beautiful sparkling crystals, yet hadn’t found the right one after wandering for half a day. Master Halcyon is going to wonder what’s taking me so long. She was beginning to become anxious. So many would be excellent, but... they just aren’t... right.

She heard his voice whisper, Trust the Force to guide you.

The padawan stopped in her tracks and closed her eyes. She took a deep breath to calm herself. Releasing it, she opened her mind.

“There!”

She stared at the crystal at her boot’s toe and laughed.

AzureAngel2 likes this.