main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A salute to Mr44!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by LostOnHoth, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    As you may all be aware, Mr44 recently stepped down as a Senate Moderator for reasons of his own. I don't really want to dwell or speculate on the reasons but would rather have a thread where we can all acknowledge Mr44's long and distinguished contribution to the Senate.

The announcement has been made formally in this thread.

http://boards.theforce.net/communications/b10006/28965080/p1/?7

Welcome back to the hoi polloi.

=D= =D= =D=

2. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    It was sad to see ya step down, Mr44, as you did a great job in the role. You could always be counted on to be completely fair and honest.

Thanks for all the time you put into it and for making the Senate a better place to post!

:)

Welcome back to the ranks of the plebeians!

:p

3. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Nooooooooooooooo! :(

4. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    He did a good job except for that one time he banned me. The fact I deserved it didn't excuse his actions.

I haven't been very active around here either, but I hope they find someone else good. I think the rest of the regulars around here who haven't been mods already are generally too biased to know when to calm down a heated discussion. I of course don't fall into that category, but I don't have time at work to mess around on here and after 10 hours online all day I don't feel like staring at a computer screen anymore. That's the reason I'm not mod and I'm sticking to it. ;)

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *salutes, dutifully*

An exceptional Mod, here and elsewhere back in the day, and a thoroughly pleasant and fair individual. He did the TF.N proud. [face_peace]

6. JediSmuggler

JediSmuggler Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 1999
    Mr44 was a superb moderator. I'll miss seeing him around.

7. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    A good man.

He will be missed.

Don't be a stranger 44!

8. Obi-Wan McCartney

Obi-Wan McCartney Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 1999
    No way! I can't believe it! Say it ain't so!

Mr. 44, you were the best damn moderator I've ever known on these boards.

9. Darth Geist

Darth Geist Jedi Master star 5

Oct 23, 1999
    One last question, Mr44: What's the protocol on civvies saluting vets? :)

10. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I hope there's nothing wrong...
    44, all the best.

11. Jediflyer

Jediflyer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 5, 2001
    It almost feels like the end of an era for the Senate Floor.

Whenever I came across a reference to a moderator, the first one I always thought of was Mr44. He embodied what a moderator should be: fair and respectful.

Mr44, though I don't know the reasons why you're stepping down, I hope you are still able to take the time to post on this forum.

12. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Thanks 44 for all the hard work. You made a real difference.

13. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Well, thanks everyone.. This thread was certainly a surprise, but welcome none the less....The Senate has always been a great forum, and the reason is because the regulars embody it, and vice versa.

JF, there's no single reason why I stepped down, and it's not really exciting, I'm afraid. It started because of the other sexual favor/harassment issue, and I think because of the person's position, it kind of diminished the "honor" of the boards overall. Two of my favorite mods to work with were affected by that, and even though I wasn't directly involved, it was personal in a sense. That's water under the bridge though, and the current head admin really went above and beyond the call of duty to handle it. But I was butting heads with another mod because of it, and I could see that I was loosing my objectivity. Like many, the forum was a home away from home to me, but not to get ulcers over.

I guess it could be compared to a feeling of volunteering on a politician's campaign, only to find out that the campaign manager embezzled all of the funds. Even though one might not give up on all of politics because of it- it still has that "kick in the crotch feeling," to use a Senate analogy that might make sense. :D

Anyway, I'm going through patrol rifle instructor course all this week, but I'll be back to more of my regular posting habits in a couple of days.

EDIT: To add, I did take the rather unique step of retiring before a replacement thread was created in the MS. I have some solid guesses as to who the new Senate mod could be, but it will be exciting to see who is selected.. Good luck to whoever is being voted on, you'll need it! ;)

14. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    It's definitely great to have ya sticking around, man. I've learned a lot from your posts, and your contributions here are invaluable.

:)

15. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Sorry to see you go, 44, but we'll keep the porch light on for you if you decide to come back. Yeah, from what I heard, sounds like the whole mess was major-league bad juju all around. Good luck with your training, and make it back soon, would ya? [face_peace]

16. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Awww will miss you as a mod Mr44...bring on the trivia?

I'm guessing a man...lulz.

17. DeathStar1977

DeathStar1977 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2003
    I'll admit it is I who accused Mr44 of sexual harassment, but I think he'd agree that we'll let the jury decide who came onto whom.

I gave you a hard time, but the respect has always been there, and always will be.

18. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    Mr44 posted:

I have some solid guesses as to who the new Senate mod could be, but it will be exciting to see who is selected.

I welcome the day when we get some input into this decision. I think it's probably not possible at this juncture, given that it is an election year in the US and the partisanship is so thick you can carve it, but maybe in the future it's something that can be considered.

What does the Senate 'Mod' geneology look like at this time?

19. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Well, well, well, end of an era... I remember when you got promoted, I remember when I was promoted, all of it... Congrats, you put a lot of work into this place and it's better for it!

ES

20. DeathStar1977

DeathStar1977 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2003
    ES, good to see you and quit being a stranger 'round these parts.

21. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Mr44, great job as moderator. I look forward to seeing you in an active role as a senate poster.

Now the gloves can come off! [face_beatup]

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.