main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC A Salute to Senator_Elegos_A-Kla!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by DarkJediTJ, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkJediTJ

DarkJediTJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 26, 2000
    As we all know he is taking a bold step and is going to where we are not... Ok I suck at speaches

Anyway he is going behind Enemey lines as a brave warrior and a great friend good luck Elegos A-Kla If you don't come back in a cardboard box in more then 2 peices then we know your alive

2. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    Here ya go DarkJediTJ, a bloody salute!

*salutes*

Well done mate!

3. DarkJediTJ

Dec 26, 2000
  4. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    RAAF bus speeds down the Hume Highway and through Melbourne

I'm back!

And now for the summary of what we did:

Monday April 1: Went to Bandiana Army Barracks, looked at the museum there, then travelled to RAAF Base Wagga and stayed there for the night.

Tuesday April 2: Toured RAAF Base Wagga. Went to Temora Aviation Museum. Visited 332 Squadron Australian AirForce Cadets based at RAAF Wagga. Stayed at RAAF Base Wagga again.

Wednesday April 3: Left RAAF Base Wagga & went to Parkes Radio Telescope; toured around there. Travelled to RAAF Base Richmond and stayed there for the night.

Thursday April 4: Visited Boeing 707 Simulator at RAAF Richmond and looked around and had a sim flight. Visted 36 & 37 Squadrons (C-130H & C-130J Hercules repectivly). Looked inside them and I might want to be a Herc pilot now, C-130Js are sweet as. Stayed again at RAAF Richmond.

Friday April 5: Left RAAF Richmond and went to HMAS Watson in Sydney; visted Bondi Beach and travelled to our accomodation at Randwick Army Barracks. That night we visted Centerpoint Tower in Sydney and looked out across Sydney at night. Stayed at Randwick Barracks.

Saturday April 6: Went into Sydney and visted the Aquarium, Opera House, Darling Harbour and Circular Quay. Stayed at Randwick again. Also if you saw a bunch of people wearing what looked like 'civillian' uniform going over a bridge in Darling Habour (The one near the Aquarium and the Maritime Musuem) siging:

"Hey... Hey Baby! Oh! Ah! I wanna know.. if you'll be my girl"

That was us.

Sunday April 7: Left Randwick Barracks and went to Canberra and visited Parliament House and the RAAF memorial. We stayed at Royal Military Collage Duntroon.

Monday April 8: Visted the Australian Defence Force Academy and toured there and the grounds of RMC Duntroon. Went to the movies at Canberra and watched Ice Age and the AOTC Trailer!

Tuesday April 9: Visted the Helicopter Squadrons at HMAS Albatross in Nowra and saw the Sea King, Sea Hawk and Sea Sprites. Stayed at RMC Duntroon again. At about 12:30am someone set off the fire alarm as a prank (Not us Cadets though).

Wednesday April 10: Left RMC Duntroon, visted the Australian War Memorial and went on about a 7-8 hour non-stop drive back to Melbourne.

5. DarkJediTJ

Dec 26, 2000
    Goo to have you back now one thing....

When did you get the top secret NSW read outs so that we can find its weak point in order to blow it up, or did you get your minons to do that for you.

6. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Jan 18, 2001
    We all got hand-outs on thier weaknesses, they didn't know who we really were :p [face_devil]

7. DarkJediTJ

Dec 26, 2000
    Yay, Was it the habour brigde as I thought?

8. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Man, I knew I should have joined the AAFC :p

Herkybirds are cooool...

What was ADFA like? I was considering doing an aeronautical engineering degree there next year, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

Edit: Just fixing some spelling mistakes.

9. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Jan 18, 2001
    The actual facilities themselves were good.

But accomodation is quite small, the bedrooms were 1.5m by 2.5m. But that's adjoing a 4m by 4m common room which has a kitchenette off to the side and you'd share that with 7 others. Also the mess there is quite good.

It was some other bridge. It wasn't the harbour bridge, but I think we actually did sing that on the bus when we went over it :p

10. DarkJediTJ

Dec 26, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.