main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A scary world outside the collecting forum

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by VadersApprentice, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersApprentice

VadersApprentice Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2004
    I realize that I never visit the other forums outside the Collecting... so I decided to take a stroll over to the lit section since I read the books. They scared me and I found myself back here hiding under a boba fett toilet seat cover.

2. Beautiful_Skywalker

Beautiful_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    I didn't know they even made a Boba Fett toilet seat cover :). And yes, there are some interesting forums outside of this one.

3. AcklayComeHome

AcklayComeHome Jedi Master star 7

Apr 27, 2002
    :eek: Do they make a Boba Fett toilet seat cover?

4. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Did someone say Boba Fett Toilet Seat Cover?!?
    /rushes out to Wal-Mart.

Just kidding.

If you want to see a scary forum, visit Your Jedi Council Community.

No offense to anyone who's constantly on the YJCC.

5. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I have to get me one of those !!!

Yes Matt it is an interesting place [face_laugh]

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yes they make a Boba fett toilet seat cover. There were
    some comments on a recent auction of one in the Tapcafe. I think Jedi_Dajuan won it..

7. Beautiful_Skywalker

Oct 11, 2004
    I find myself spending less and less time over at the YJCC. I think it's probably better that way. Now that we've established that they have indeed made a Boba Fett toilet seat cover, who is the next character to get the toilet seat treatment?

8. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I think an Ewok or Chewbacca/Wookiee toilet seat cover would be appropriate as they are fuzzy! :D

9. VadersApprentice

May 25, 2004
    lol, I wanna see moff tarkin cover.

10. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    If you want to see a scary forum, visit Your Jedi Council Community.

It doesn't bite. [face_devil]

:p

11. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I did post in various other areas (JC, EP III
    Spoiler, classic) when I first joined but found
    that it put me in a bad mood. Especially the JC.
    It's like Gladiatorial combat for nerds. :-B
    (Instead of Maximus, I shall call them... Minimus!)

(The exception is of course all JC users who frequent
    the Collecting board)

12. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    I post in the 3SA and I can tell you, put your helmet on when going there. Many O' uptightes around those parts.

13. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    I used to post in or atleast look at the other forums but they're intense.

So I just go to my local Fan Force and this forum. Its all I really want to see anyways :p

Collectables and whats going on locally with Star Wars.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I tend to go on quite a few boards other than Collecting but I post mostly in Lit, AOTC, SW Community, the UK and London Fan Force, and Comms. I was modding Fan Art for awhile while a new mod was selected and I still visit there. (Highly recommended for any budding artists). I lurk on quite a few others and I normally check most of the boards out first thing in the morning for any obvious problems. I do tend to read more than I post though and there are some threads on the YJCC board that just don't interest me at all.
    If you want to see where some of the bad boys lurk (and you aren't afraid of spoilers) go into the 3SA Social thread.

15. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I've looked at the Spoiler and Non-Spoiler forums, as well as some of the other non-sensical ones. Let me tell you, they had me running for the comfort of my toys. [face_laugh]

Seriously, I think this may be one of the more laid back forums here. And I like it that way. Too much stress (especially when it comes to Star Wars) can lead you to being very anti-social.

Reminds me of a little cross-stitch project I had to do for my therapist years ago. All it said was: Lighten Up.

Truer words were never knitted. :D

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I found Fan Art pretty laid-back as well. They have a good critique policy and the regulars there encourage new artists and give constructive criticism (or praise) where needed. There were very few problems when I was temporary mod. Most of the ones I did get had to do with people posting their Ep III art and not putting spoiler tags in the thread titles.

17. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    This is without a doubt the friendliest forum on the boards.

I too ventured out into the Lit forum at one time, being the big Expanded Universe fan that I am. I expressed my opinion on one issue that interested me, an issue which I had discussed with the author of the book personally so I knew that what I stated was accurate. Yet the next post after mine was rude, condescending, and was a personal attack against me because they didn't agree or believe what I had posted, when I stated that the author told me this himself. And for several posts after that, people were equally aggressive and mean. I decided that I'd much rather spend more time over here, where it is safe... lol.. then having to deal with people like that. Oh, and I was an administrator at the boards here at the time, and that didn't even make the people have a second thought about flaming me. So... if they flame an admin, I can imagine how thoroughly a thrashing a newbie would have gotten.

18. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I must say that a lot of the other boards are VERY clique-ish! Lit being one of the first ones that come to mind, with the YJCC coming in a close second. The Fan Art and Costuming boards are definitle more newcomer friendly than most out there. I have always felt that Collecting has had some of the best, most welcoming members. I have seen some of the best responses in the way of politenesss and helpfulness even to the most inflammatory, grating, and adverserial posts here in Collecting.

19. Beautiful_Skywalker

Oct 11, 2004
    I think the collecting forum does try to be welcoming and inclusive, so let's keep up the good work. The costuming thread is also pretty helpful and kind to others.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yes, Costuming is fairly laid-back as well. I was keeping an eye on it for a bit over the holiday season when mod coverage was lighter than usual. Fan Art interested me more than Costuming, however.

I find some of the Lit threads aren't too bad. The factual ones seem pretty straightforward, but some of the ones on subjects such as the Mandalorians or 'Is it Canon' can turn into real slanging matches. And there is also the ever-popular film canon vs EU canon 'discussion'. I tend to avoid those.

21. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Over the years I've come to find that the fan activities forums are generally quite friendly. I have most experience with this one, Costuming & Props and Fan Art which are very friendly with regular members who make the effort to welcome newbies and help each other out. All three are very nice communities. :)

22. VadersApprentice

May 25, 2004
    Yea Ilove the colelcting boards, everyone here is much more friendly and relaxed then the other boards. This board I can enjoy alot. THREE CHEERS FOR THE COLLECTORS!!!!!!

23. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    "If you want to see where some of the bad boys lurk (and you aren't afraid of spoilers) go into the 3SA Social thread."

Truer words were never spoken. :cool:

24. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I have never posted in any of those forums except to mod in emergencies. I spend my time in the Collecting forum, in Canada, and the FF collecting market. I do lurk in the spoiler forum :)

25. hunter_ofthe_myst_ra

hunter_ofthe_myst_ra Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 23, 2003
    I use to regular at the YJCC. I am now boycotting. (minus a few threads) [face_plain]

but yes you're right I only visit a few forums besides the collecting one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.