main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A second Animated Star Wars series? (George gives hints)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthKreVass, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Wow, so much negative from one simple announcement.[face_plain] I think this could show promise, after all George Lucas is the man that made Sci-Fi accessible for girls with tough, feminine characters like Leia, Pre-ROTS Padme and now Ahsoka. He could quite easily make fairies cool for everyone in the same way as Tolkein/Jackson did for elves in LOTR. This is something to keep an eye on IMO.

2. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    What exactly is a fairy anyway? Is that like Tinkerbell?

3. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    You clearly have fewer preteen daughters than I do!

Yep, like Tinkerbell.

4. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Yes, but watch out, they bite.

5. cain718

cain718 Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2009
    Im curious too see how this turns out.

6. butlerd

butlerd Jedi Master star 1

Dec 31, 2008
    I would LOVEanother 3-D animated SW series as well but I want it to be set during the OT and fill in the gap between ANH and TESB. My ultimate desire would be for somebody to do a post-ROTJ series. As somebody who generally enjoys the EU (right now I'm concentrating on NJO), I would die if Lucas would approve a New Republic-era series that incorporates some of the EU (esp. some of Zahn's "Thrawn Trilogy"). I'd love to see some of OT characters in action again (even though I know that they would not have any of the original cast (except for Anthony Daniels, of course!) but they've been able to find some decent replacements for the original cast in the NPR radio dramas, as well as some other radio dramas such as "Dark Empire", so the absence of (most of) the original cast wouldn't doom the project.

7. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I'm still sticking to my guns and say there doing a 3D Dark Times Animated Series.One with Darth Vader and The Emperor {since they will not be in the live action series}.Lucas has stated that the live action could spring into 4 live action series's.
    So to have an animated series between episodes 3-4 also wouldn't confuse people like most think it would.I just hope it stays with the same style as TCW to give it that "Unofficial Sequel" feel to it....Hell maybe Ahsoka will survive too and that could be her show...who knows.

8. TheFiffis

TheFiffis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2010
    Fairies...hmmm.

I, too, hoped for a new SW animated series and fairies aren't really my deal...but whatever. If it somehow references Willow that would be cool in my book. Anyway, this doesn't mean we won't see another SW animated series. I imagine we'll see one when the Clone Wars finishes though. I hope that we'll see a Rogue Squadron show someday. Or even a show that adapts Marvel SW comics and make them more, you know, Star Warsy.

9. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Personally, I would have wanted the project to be another Clone Wars movie. I think it would be much more successful now, considering the show is so popular and more people know about it. And they could air the previews during the show.

10. butlerd

butlerd Jedi Master star 1

Dec 31, 2008
    I dunno about that. It seems to me that they've already done a lot of multi-episode story arcs that could almost rightfully be considered "movies", particularly the 4(?) part Geonosis storyline and 3-part Bane trilogy this season and the 3-part Malevolence trilogy and Ryloth Trilogy last season. I just found out that the Mandalorian story arc will end up being 3 episodes I believe.

11. Timstuff

Timstuff Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2008
    Personally, I hope that the second series (or technically fourth, if we're counting the oldschool SW cartoons) will take place after Return of the Jedi. I'd like to see it based loosely off of Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy, with Thrawn being the main villain and Mara Jade being an active cast member (and love interest for Luke), however I'd like Thrawn to be a bit darker than he was in the books to make him come across as more villainous. In a way it could be a bit of a reboot of the EU though, because I would not want them to ever set foot in the wretched territory of killing off our main heroes or turning to the dark side, and having a million bloody wars right after the Empire falls (read: no killing Chewie or Mara, and if I never hear the name "Darth Caedus" again it won't be soon enough).

I certainly wouldn't mind them continuing in the style of Clone Wars, although I'd be at least as happy with 2D animation as well (even though it's unlikely, since 2D is not as popular these days *sniff*). Gente Giant kind of gave us a sneak peak at what the OT characters might look like in the style of Clone Wars through their Star Wars Animated maquette series.

[image=http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/9022/swa09099.jpg]

Maybe with a little luck they could get Mark Hammil back to do Luke's voice. It's at least a possibility since he does a lot of voicework these days anyway. Maybe they could even have some flashback episodes where we get to see some OT favorites like Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader (and, there's the possibility of them both appearing in spirit form during the series, both likely voiced by their VA's from Clone Wars). The sky is the limit with the post-ROTJ period, since that's one of the few areas that rarely gets touched upon in multi-media projects.

Oh yeah, and of course the series would have to have an occasional appearance by fan-favorites like Boba Fett and Kyle Katarn. Heck, why not throw a bit of Mace Windu in there why we're at it? :D

[image=http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9695/oldmace.jpg]

12. draemsu

draemsu Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2009
    I wouldn't mind a podracing show.

13. izzy_the_hutt

izzy_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2009
    Is that Jolee Bindo? Or is it someone's rendering of an old Mace?

14. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I think it?s a picture of Bindo made to look like an old version of Mace (robot hand and all)[face_thinking] :p

15. Timstuff

Sep 7, 2008
    Wassat? Oh, you young whippersnappers and your Xbox television games... :p

16. Timstuff

Sep 7, 2008
    A few years ago some animation students put together a mock trailer for a New Republic era Star Wars TV series that's actually pretty cool. Obviously being a student film the animation is not nearly as refined as Clone Wars, but something interesting to consider is that this trailer actually came out a year before TCW. It actually features a lot of the stuff I've said I'd like to see in a New Republic series like Thrawn, Mara Jade, Leia as a Jedi, and even a brief cameo by an older, bearded Mace Windu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QYvV_eUta8

Someday, maybe we'll actually see something like that on TV, with TCW levels of production values. I hope so, because I'd like to think that we'll eventually see the saga continue in a big way outside the realm of books and comics!

17. Kaxs

Kaxs Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2009
    I would like to know when this show will take place. Since we've got The Clone Wars during, obiously, the Clone Wars and the live-action series during the Dark Times, I suppose the Galactic Civil War is likely. Though I hope not. We've already seen one major war's continuity and timeline more or less screwed up, and I would hate to see that happen again. I hope this series ties into the existing EU better.

I think I'll be disappointed.

18. Timstuff

Sep 7, 2008
    Rest assured, the Galactic Civil War timeline has already been thoroughly screwed up thanks to the Yhuzon Vong war, which is easily the worst thing to happen to Star Wars since Jar Jar Binks. If the show is as enjoyable to watch as Clone Wars I will not shed tears over the continuity being altered.

19. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    What's the Yuhzan Vong wars have to do with the Galactic Civil War? They're separated by at least 6 years.

20. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Keep in mind the term "screwed up" is up to one's POV. To me, the books and most of the EU screwed stuff up a ton like the Yuzan Vong (sp?), and The Clone Wars is fixing that stuff and keeping it in line with the movies.

21. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    It's messing with the Movies as well. Senate Spy in particular, but other things as well. Just wait until we get Anakin vs Grievous............

22. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    We won't. Filoni said in one of his commentaries (Destroy Malevolence) *something* along the lines of 'We'll never be able to have them meet each other. The most we can do is let Anakin enter an elevator while Grievous leaves the one next to it.' It's not a literary quote, but you get the idea.

Yeah, I would die too. Post-RotJ EU is -that- horrible.

23. Timstuff

Sep 7, 2008
    Thrawn kicks ass, and so does Mara Jade. Zahn made the EU cool, and it wasn't until Kevil J Anderson's up that the EU really started sucking beyond repair. The Yhuzan Vong period was what truly killed it though.

24. Darth-Wyrm

Darth-Wyrm Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2005
    Hey thanks for sharing that. I hadn't seen it before and it was amazing to watch.

I also would love to see the original characters in a new way. It seems so strange to me that GL seems to willing to deeply explore the time period between Episodes 2 and 3, but won't touch anything between the original trilogy. I know GL said that there's nothing beyond ROTJ (which I think is BS) but fine, even if that's his stance, there's definitely room in between ANH and ESB and between ESB and ROTJ to flush out.

Anyway, thanks again for that link. I wish there was more!

25. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    I have to disagree. The New Jedi Order/Vong are what brought me back to Star Wars after the many horrible novels of the Bantam era.

But, to everyone their certain point of view.

I would look forward to a second animated Star Wars series, but I doubt we will get one while Clone Wars is still on the air. Though I would not be surprised if we got some direct to DVD animated movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.