main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A second Bonus DVD?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Billy_Dee_Binks, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Jim Ward said that we're getting only the tip of the iceberg and that there`s much more behind the scenes material in the Lucasfilm archives. I really wouldn't mind if LFL would release a single DVD sometimes in 2005 containing hours and hours of bonus material that didn't make it to the Trilogy's extras DVD.

It sure would sell. Afterall, LFL released the Behind The Dome: The R2-D2 Story as a product of it's own too.
    Who's with me?

Deleted Scenes?
    Star Wars to Jedi?
    1977 Making Of?

2. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    We will probably get a lot more extra material when the box set of the saga comes out in a few years.

3. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    You really think so?
    I think it makes sense not to include more than the general DVD buyer. I'm sure the six DVD set will still be aimed at the general buyer. I think it wouldn't be worth the effort including two Making Of DVDs that jack up the price preventing some people from purchasing the set.

If future bonus DVDs were offered seperate everyone would win from it.

4. Cheebo86

Cheebo86 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 1, 2003
    They could increase the price on the 6 disk box set for the new disk and more people are bound to buy a boxset than a seperate extra feature DVD, only hardcore fans would buy that. It would be more profitable to use it on a box set. BTW Beneath the Dome didn't sell well.

5. DarthyMarkyMark

DarthyMarkyMark Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I'm guessing we'll get more on the supposed big HD-DVD box-set, whenever that comes out. The rumours are that this will be the final, archival versions of the films - apparently they didn't finish everything they wanted to in this IV-VI release, just the main things, and there are also rumours of changes being made to TPM and AotC. My hope is that this will be an 8-disc set - six for the movies, plus commentaries on each (I hope we get an isolated score track, too, so we can see what we mean when GL says they're like silent films), and then two discs of special features - one for the OT, one for the PT. Some of the features can be stuff we've seen before, to give it an archival feel - stuff like Empire of Dreams, The Beginning, From Puppets to Pixels, whatever the RotS documentary is (I'm sure there'll be one), as well as the usual trailers, TV spots, posters etc. Also, it'd be nice to have all the deleted scenes from both trilogies, cleaned up, finished and spread between the two discs, an Empire of Dreams-style documentary about the making of the PT, and some new interviews between Bill Moyers and George, discussing themes, motifs and inspirations - one focusing on the PT, one on the OT - would be nice. Of course, this is just my personal dream, what I'd love. I can always hope! :D Anyway, the rumour is that the box-set, whatever it contains, might come out in 2007, for the 30th anniversary of ANH.

6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    The Saga Box Set will likely be aimed at the Hardcore fans. Heck, they could have two versions: the mainstream buyer version and the "Hardcore-Everything and the Kitchen sink" version.

I know which one I'd buy. :-B

7. friendly_bob

friendly_bob Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2004
    I'm actually hoping for an updated Behind the Magic after Episode 3. I love the BTM CD-Rom and one that covers the whole saga would rock. And it could be on DVD-Rom, so that all the clips would be juicy DVD quality! Yummins!

8. DarthyMarkyMark

DarthyMarkyMark Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I'm afraid it looks like there won't be any more Behind the Magic CDs - I can't remember where I saw it, it might have been on the Jedi Council at the Official Site, but someone from LF said that the CD-ROM medium isn't as popular as it once was, and they doubt any more SW CD-ROM's will be released - that explains the lack of an AotC one. Sad, I know.

9. Orionsangel

Orionsangel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    That would be fantastic! One of the things I wanted the most were the deleted scenes. I was surprised when they weren't included. That was a big disappointment. I love those scenes with Biggs, Cammie and Fixer. I wanted to reinsert it into a ANH and make an extra longer special edition. We now get more background on Luke. I'd have to recycle some of William's ANH score and add it, since the scene has no music.

10. jediart

jediart Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    I would like to see the Original making of Star Wars,
    The Making Of TESB & From Star Wars To Jedi The making of a saga.
    (on DVD) :D
    And a fourth one that Carrie Fisher & Billy Dee Williams narrated...it was about the creatures and aliens of Star Wars.

I have them on VHS but want them on DVD!!! :cool:

I wonder if the Star Wars DVD will come with a bonus DVD
    on the outside of the box like the Indiana Jones DVD
    box set did at best buy,not every box had the 5'th DVD
    ONLY ABOUT HALF OF THE FIRST SHIPMENT HAD THEM!

It was called Raiders Of The Lost Ark Classic Featurette and
    is 9 min.56sec.long nice little bonus. :D

11. Larmo

Larmo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    I thought it was pretty pathetic that instead of having a bonus disc for each film ala the prequels they only gave us one.

12. Overwhelmed_Jedi

Overwhelmed_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2004
    Oh well.....

*-*O Jedi

13. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    i hope so, but it will just mean more to buy

and beneth the dome sucked anyway

14. neo-dragon

neo-dragon Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Unlike most DVD buyers, I don't care about extras very much. I've never even watched more than a few scenes of a film with commentary on. I buy DVDs for the movies. Except for the Lord of the Rings Extended Editions which I really enjoy the extras on. But that's because I'm a big fan of the books so I like hearing about what was going through everyone's head as they adapted them. I digress. What I'm getting at is that I'd prefer just 1 bonus disk if it prevents the set from costing more. Another disk sold separately would be fine although I wouldn't buy it.

15. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    This DVD release was just released cause Fans keep begging for it. Lucas will release a box set again and I believe he said something about a HD-DVD release. Have to save those deleted scenes for something.

But damn I hate to have to get them all again in a few years. Lucas is famous for that

16. sharkboy

sharkboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    That a very bad idea it will start with Star Wars then lots of DVDS will be like that before too long.

17. Dirty_Harry

Dirty_Harry Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    Deleted Scenes?
    Star Wars to Jedi?
    1977 Making Of?

You wanted those as well, did you? I also wanted all the original trailers, but I'm afraid that Lucas filled all that space on the disk with ads for Battlefront and Ep. III. o_O

and there are also rumours of changes being made to TPM and AotC.

Hopefully the killing off of Jar-Jar a few seconds after he first appears in PM! :D

18. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    That a very bad idea it will start with Star Wars then lots of DVDS will be like that before too long.

Lots of DVDs are already like this. X-Men, The Matrix Trilogy, heck every Star Trek movie. Every single one of those has been released multiple times with different/more extras. Star Wars won't be starting that trend, it'll just be following along.

19. ZethstaBane

ZethstaBane Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2002
    yeah I was really like "Uh??" when I found out that there was no deleted scenes bonus on the fourth disc. I was like 'How in the world are you NOT going to have deleted scenes included in this box set...this is the Star wars DVD's FINALLY released....give me a break. Major dissapointment, I was really looking forward to that. However, for the sake of argument I'm sure there is alot of other bonus stuff that will still make me drool.

20. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Someone at Lucasfilms say they didn't have room on the disc for all the stuff and deleted scene.
    The take the damn Game off the disc! Its limited to only those with X-box! Also I am sure fans would ritehr see deleted scenes than some of the other stuff

Does the disc have all the trailers or just the SE stuff?

21. Orionsangel

Orionsangel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Here's my theory. Lucas is releasing the OT on DVD sometime down the road. It'll be called classic Star Wars or something. Those old making of specials they made over the years for all 3 movies pertain more to the OT films. It would be pretty silly if they included an old making of on this 2004 SE and have Dennis Muren explaining how they created the X-wing scenes with models when everything is CGI now.

The delete scenes relate more to the OT also. It's old deleted footage that was to be included in the original films. Think about it. It makes more sense to have all this old stuff with the original versions. I just hope when the data is annaylized we can find a weakness. It's not over yet. It is for me sister, look i'm not in it for your revolution man. Oh sorry, I somehow went into ANH dialogue.

22. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Since there is bound, bound I say, to be a 6-film Saga set down the line, I guess they want to keep a little extra back to sweeten the pot or something.

23. Dirty_Harry

Dirty_Harry Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    If Lucas put all these scenes back into the OT using CGI if necessary, then I'd be very happy indeed. :) I'd even put up with it if he just included the cut-scenes on an extras disk. But I object when, instead of including these valuable scenes, Lucas puts a ton of ads on the disk instead!

Come on GL, lets forget about all the crap adverts and just make us an OT Extended Edition set like what was done for the LOTR films!

24. Cheebo86

Cheebo86 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 1, 2003
    Lucas really isn't the type to put all his deleted scenes back into his film. As he did with the PT I expect down the road he will clean up deleted scenes and finish the special effects in them and put them on a bonus disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.