main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Second Chance.( A Jedi Apprentice fanfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediKnight-Obi-Wan, Feb 15, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Here it is...Hope yall enjoy...I only have one more post. *sad look* but I think I may have an idea for another story. Maybe.

Qui-Gon sat back against a tree releasing Obi-Wan from his arms.

"As much as I like sitting here with you Obi-Wan, we need to get you back to the healers."
    He thought about the gown Obi-Wan was wearing with a twinkle in his eye. Obi-Wan sighed.
    "I suppose so Master."
    A mischievous grin broke out on Qui-Gon's face.
    Obi-Wan didn't like the look on his Master's face.
    "What is it Master?"

"Oh I was just wondering how long its going to take that healer to pick all those splinters out of your..."

"MASTER!" Obi-Wan gasped.

Qui-Gon started laughing.

"How did you know?"

Qui-Gon smirked. "Well besides the fact that you wince every time you shift positions? I saw you."

Obi-Wan gaped incredulously at his Master. "You saw me?"
    Qui-Gon's face softened. "Yes, I was hiding in those tree's over there before you came."
    Obi-Wan looked confused.
    "Why did I not sense you."

Qui-Gon smiled again. "Because I hid myself in the force. But enough of this. We should get you back to the healers before she comes after us both."

"Master?"

"Yes Obi-Wan."

"There is No way in Sith I'm letting a woman pick out those splinters."

Qui-Gon started laughing again. "Okay Padawan. Perhaps I can persuade her to allow me, if you'd rather."

Obi-Wan's face turned crimson red.
    "I think I'd rather it be you Master if I have to choose between the two of you."

Qui-Gon chuckled. "All right."
    "Can you walk?"
    Obi-Wan shrugged. "I don't know Master, but I can try.
    Qui-Gon frowned in concern. "We will just try, and I'll help you."
    Obi-Wan nodded. He grasped his Masters arm and slowly started to stand.

Suddenly a sharp pain knifed in his side. He gasped and lost his grip on his Master's arm tumbling to the ground and banging Qui-Gon in the knee on his way down.
    Qui-Gon winced in pain as well. Rubbing his knee, he knelt next to his Padawan.
    "Obi-Wan! Are you alright?"

Obi-Wan pulled himself into a sitting position. "I think so Master, but I don't think I can stand."
    Obi-Wan looked at his Master who was rubbing his knee.
    "What happened? Did I do that?"
    Qui-Gon's mouth twitched in humor. "No Padawan. I'll tell you some other time."
    "I better have a look at that wound."

Obi-Wan nodded and removed his hand with a grimace.
    Qui-Gon gently lifted his robe off Obi-Wan, and was shocked to see blood.
    Obi-Wan heard the sharp intake of his Master's breath.
    "What is it?"

Qui-Gon shook his head. "It looks like its been bleeding Obi-Wan"
    "We best get you back immediately."
    His eyes dark blue eyes twinkled. "I'll have to carry you Padawan."
    He then reached over and scooped Obi-Wan up off the ground in one smooth movement, ignoring Obi-Wan's protest.

"Everyone will think I'm weak Master! Let me try to walk again. PLEASE?!"
    Qui-Gon cocked an eye-brow and fixed his Padawan with an amused look.

"Obi-Wan most people who have just had surgery ARE weak. Besides your not going to try and walk again when your bleeding."
    He smiled again.
    "I would have thought all your pride was gone after running around the Jedi Temple in a Med-Center gown which shows half your.."

"Master!!!!"

Qui-Gon chuckled in amusement.
    "All right Padawan its back to the healer for you."
    He turned and walked quickly out of the Gardens, holding his Padawan close in his arms and enjoying every minute of it.

[This message has been edited by JediKnight-Obi-Wan (edited 02-18-2000).]

2. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
  3. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    That's awesome. That's the kind of relationship I like to see between our favorite Master and Padawan, truly better than the JA books (that was meant as a compliment, though I realize it's not a great basis for comparison...I'm not bitter, I swear) Please, may I have some more?

4. Marie D Padawannabe

Marie D Padawannabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2000
    That was good!

I'd like to read more from you...HINT!

Marie

5. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    So sweet, so adorable. Poor Obi-Wan. No wonder he can melt Qui-Gon's heart. (So sad the story will have to end.) Excellent work. Applause! Applause!

6. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Yes, I said 'talent,' and I meant it! Of course this is coming from a person who has been trying to type a story of her own for two weeks and does not even have a full page yet. I came up with the idea around Christmas, and I have the whole plot outlined in my head and everything. The trouble is I get all of my inspiration at work, and then when I get home, it's gone. At the rate I'm going, I should have it ready to post by April or May, but with my luck everyone will be sick of JA stories by then.

7. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Yeah I know how you feel. I got my ideas around midnight. Or right before I fall asleep. I also think your right about people being tired of JA fanfics.
    Their probably tired of this one. I was looking a that apology post that guy Goof morton posted and the tittle had (not a JA fanfic) Like it was bad. *shrugs* Oh well.
    Maybe I shouldn't write that idea out that I was thinking of.

8. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I was HOPING that Qui-Gon would say something about that Med-Center gown, and the splinters in Obi-Wan's backside! Please write more! This is much more entertaining than any of the official JA series. Probably because there's always an emphasis on the action and very little on the relationship between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in the books.

9. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    Just a thought before I head home, my brain melted by finally finishing my own iffy post:
    Are you going to write about Qui-Gon's "chat" with Bruck? Ha, ha. (Alli-Wan really needs to go to sleep.)

10. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    HealerLeona, hands on her hips, looks angrily around the room. First of all-JediKnight-Obi-Wan--your story is great, I mean greatand I'm sure I can speak for many that we're certainly not tired of it.
    And for you and everyone else out there I implore you to continue writing JA fanfic.
    I for one can never get tired of reading
    about my favorite characters and am contantly amazed at the wonderful stories I've found on this site. The creative story lines have been a great source of pleasure.
    (the official JA authors could learn alot here.)
    HealerLeona takes a calming breath.
    I don't mean to sound harsh but I would hate to see these wonderful stories end.
    Please keep writing.

11. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Hey yall I'm going to delete this end post and re-post it after I finish the so called epilogue. You people who have been reading it will know what the last post is, but oh well.
    If I didn't edit this it would be confusing for those who are reading it for the first time. IF There even are any.

[This message has been edited by JediKnight-Obi-Wan (edited 02-19-2000).]

12. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Wait a minute, did I miss something? No scene showing the healer interrupting Qui-Gon in the process of removing the splinters from Obi-Wan's backside and pointing out "You missed one!"? No Qui-Gon telling Obi-Wan about his old knee injury that just flared up again when Obi-Wan banged into it? No stern lecture from the healers about running around and no second surgery to re-close the wound? No Qui-Gon having that little CHAT with Bruck? As funny as the last scene was, I can't help feeling slightly cheated. There just should have been more story between it and the beginning.

But that last scene was hilarious! "I don't think Master Yoda WEARS any underwear." That was so funny! It was a great way to end the story, but it just came MUCH too soon.

[This message has been edited by Jane Jinn (edited 02-18-2000).]

13. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    HEY! what do you mean Qui-Gon told him that he didn't choose him because he felt sorry for him. I did TOO. Its on page two.
    And this IS my first story....so go easy on me. I mean I guess I could write an epilogue now you mention it but I don't think it would fit?

14. Jedi Erica Amidala

Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 1999
    EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE!

Some of us need to calm down...

Thax for posting the ending!

15. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Yes, you're right, JKOW, I went back and read that section, then edited my post accordingly. Don't be offended. I was only disappointed because I wanted more of this delightful little story.

Well, you could do an epilogue where Obi-Wan thinks back on the events of the past week, by which I mean the ones that you have not already described. But this is completely up to you, of course.

16. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    An Epilogue there will be.
    But you'll have to wait for it because I have to write it.
    Your right though Jane Jinn. I had this hilarious idea....After you mentioned it. heehee. Yes Bruck will get his due....anybody have any ideas how I should do that.
    By the way anybody have a name I can name our female mother hen healer?
    heehee this is going to be funny.

17. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    Oh yay! This story was so good! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and applaude you for great work.

18. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Okay HealerLeona can I use your name.
    Leona? Heheee its for the mother hen healer in the epilogue. Let me know as soon as possible that way I won't keep you people waiting long for it. Oh by the way. I need help trying to figure out what Qui-Gon should do to Bruck? I've already written a page and a half and still haven't gotten to that part.
    Its going to be a long Epilogue. LOL
    So any Ideas?!

19. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    JediKnight-Obi-Wan--I would be extremely honored for you to use my name expecially if it means a continuation of this fine story.

20. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Bouncing up and down in excitment.

OHHHHH I've GOT it....YES......OHHH it may be Harsh but Bruck deserves it. OHHHH this is SO BombAD!
    Took me ALL night to think of it. Yes. Ohh this is soo good. soo derserving.
    But you know Bruck will really Hate Obi-Wan now even though it wasn't his fault.
    Thank you HealerLeona for allowing me to use your name.
    I really appreciated it. You'll be Mistress Leona in the storys Epilogue. Head of the Med-Center healers. heehee.
    Ohh this is good. I am SOOO glad I thought of this. You know I could use Bruck hating Obi-Wan for this in another story.
    Oh well I'm off to write. *evil laugh*
    You all will have to wait. heeheehee
    I'll check up on this page for any ideas though so keep posting. kay?

21. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Alright here it is....the continuation.
    My brain took off so it makes the story considerably longer. heehee. Like I said I edited out the last "THE END" post and I will repost it after I finish adding this.
    This post isn't all I have. The epilogue was going to be so long it wouldn't be an epiluge. So thats why I edited out the end post. I hope this isn't as confusing as it looks.
    Well here you go the first of more post of this story. Hope yall aren't tired of me
    Give your thanks to Jane Jinn. LOL it was her idea for me to take this on.

Qui Gon entered the Med-Center holding Obi-Wan in his arms.
    The healer that had snapped at Qui-Gon earlier spied them immediately and came bustling over, a disapproving look on her face.

"Well its about time young man. What in sith did you think you were doing, running all over the Temple in your condition?
    Obi-Wan put on his best woeful look. "I'm sorry Mistress Leona."
    He batted his blue eyes at her and put on his best heart-melting smile. The healer immediately became passive. "Oh its alright honey, just don't do it again." Obi-Wan gloated. //HA! It still works.//
    The healer then turned her wrath on Qui-Gon. "And YOU! You are a Master, and you should have stopped him. What were you thinking, letting this poor boy run around like that?!"
    Obi-Wan looked up at his Master with a smug look on his face as the healer ranted at his Master.
    // Don't look so smug Padawan or I'll let her pick out those splinters.//
    Obi-Wan's face fell immediately. //Yes Master.//

"I'm sorry Mistress Leona, I can promise you it won't happen again."
    The healer looked at him with a stern look. "Well since your a Master, I believe you. Lets get this boy back to bed."
    Qui-Gon nodded and followed the healer back to Obi-Wan's room.

When they arrived Qui-Gon set Obi-Wan on the bed and the healer checked his wound. "Tisk,Tisk, you tore it open." She said as she eyed Obi-Wan.
    Obi-Wan put on his woeful look again. She patted his arm. "Thats okay honey, we'll get you fixed right up." Obi-Wan smiled brightly.
    Qui-Gon rolled his eyes.

//Padawan?//
    //Yes Master?//
    //I have some business to attend to. When I get back we'll pull out those splinters.//
    Obi-Wan blushed. //Yes Master.//

Qui-Gon turned to the Healer. "Mistress Leona could you please leave some tweezers and bacta cream out when you are through there?"
    The healer eyed him suspiciously. //What in the world was he going to do with those? Well its not my place to question a Master.//
    "Certainly Master Jinn."
    Qui-Gon pulled on his robe. "Thank you. If you will excuse me now."
    The healer nodded.
    He turned to Obi-Wan. "I will return in awhile my Padawan.Rest until I return."

Obi-Wan nodded. "Yes Master."
    Qui-Gon smiled and Obi-Wan smiled back.
    As Qui-Gon turned to leave a thought popped into his mind. //Mistress Leona's heart isn't the only one that melts when he flashes that smile of his.//
    Qui-Gon shook his head and headed towards the training rooms.

22. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    ::singsong:: Bruck's gotta get it, Bruck's gonna get it!!

<BG>

23. Flip A Coin

Flip A Coin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2000
    heh heh heh
    Somebodys in trouble.....

24. Flip A Coin

Flip A Coin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2000
    sorry double post (silly computer)

[This message has been edited by Flip A Coin (edited 02-20-2000).]

25. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Heehee Yall have NO idea how much someones in trouble. heehee. To celabrate hitting the hundreth post on this story I give you another post. Ohh is there such a think as a holovoid camera? Well if not there is now.
    Please need feedback!!!

He had searched through two training rooms full of Masters and Padawans when he finally spotted who he was looking for.

"Master Arisai may I have a word with you?"
    The short human Jedi Master turned to face Qui-Gon.
    As soon as he saw Qui-Gon's serious face, he turned to his Padawan.

"Bruck, I must speak with Master Jinn. I'll return shortly."
    Bruck's face paled as he struggled to maintain his calm.
    "Yes...Yes Master."

Qui-Gon watched Master Arisai speak to his Padawan. He had seen Bruck get visibly nervous as soon as he had spotted Qui-Gon weaving his way through the training room.
    He glanced sternly at Bruck, his blue eyes darkening ominously before he turned and started walking with the other Jedi Master.

Master Arisai was the first to speak. "This concerns My Padawan?"
    It was a statement.
    Qui-Gon turned to face him. "Yes it does Master Arisai."
    Master Arisai nodded. "I thought as much. Well lets hear it."

"First your Padawan insulted me, but I don't care about that. He said and did something much worse. He told my Padawan the only reason I chose him was because I felt sorry for him. Then he taunted my Padawan into fighting. I don't blame him solely for the fighting I assure you. However my Padawan was not feeling well and when he lost consciousness your Padawan left him where he fell and told no one."

Master Arisai sighed trying to stay calm. "I am sorry for my Padawan's behavior. I do not excuse it. I place his punishment solely in your hands."

Qui-Gon bowed his head in acknowledgement. "I will come by your quarters tomorrow. Until then I would like for him to be confined to his quarters."
    Master Arisai nodded. "Yes..Yes of course. It will be as you say."

"May the force be with you"
    "And with you Master Jinn"
    The two Jedi bowed formally then Master Arisai turned and stalked back to his Padawan.
    Qui-Gon turned and headed for the Council Chambers.

"Certain you are, happen this way it did?"
    Qui-Gon once more stood before the Jedi Council arms folded in the sleeves of his robe. "Yes Master Yoda, the holovoid camera caught it."
    "Hmmm serious punishment this is. Discuss this we will."
    Qui-Gon nodded and stepped back.

All the Council members turned to look at one another as they communicated through the force.
    Finally they seemed to come to a decision, and Master Yoda turned to face Qui-Gon. "Agree we do, his punishment this will be. Bring him before us you tomorrow, you will."

Qui-Gon bowed. "Yes Master Yoda."
    "May the force be with you Qui-Gon Jinn."
    "And with you Masters."
    He bowed again then turned and left, his robe billowing out behind him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.