A Second Chance.( A Jedi Apprentice fanfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediKnight-Obi-Wan, Feb 15, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okidey here is another iffy post.
    I didn't get this on before the weather hit but thankfully by the time it got here it wasn't too bad. And by the way I'm leaving the Bruck/Obi-Wan issue hanging for a reason. I might have another story idea for that. might. Anyway it won't be uhhh addressed anymore in this story I hope yall like this post. I am not at all sure about it.

Closing the Gap.
    "But Obi-Wan he told you not to get up." Bant protested with a giggle. Obi-Wan groaned. "I know Bant, but if I don't go soon I'm going to burst!" Bant collapsed in giggles on the floor. Obi-Wan tried to put on a stern face. "Bant its not funny, besides this is all your fault." Bant stopped laughing long enough to look up at her friend. "My fault? Why?"
    "Because YOU made me drink all that juice, thats why."

She sat up still giggling. "Well I don't see why he would mind if you really have to go."
    "Of course I really have to go, I wouldn't dream of disobeying my Master otherwise!"
    Bant sobered then. "Well I guess you will have to go then."
    Obi-Wan sat for a moment trying to think of anything else besides the fact he desperately need to relieve himself. It didn't work.
    Slowly he pushed himself to his feet wavering unsteadily, but otherwise his legs seemed to work. "I have got to go." he said to Bant as he walked gingerly past her on his way to the bathroom.
    "Be careful Obi." she said trying hard to contain a burst of laughter.

After relieving himself he felt much better. He was walking pretty good to. His legs weren't trembling to much, as he headed towards the main room. //I don't need as much rest as Master thought I did.// he thought.
    Then as if to prove him wrong, just as he reached the main table his knee's weakened and his foot caught on the table in the middle of the main room.

THUMP!

He found himself face down on the ground again for the....what was it?....third time in two days? //I don't know, I have lost count.// He told himself. He heard a door close. "Bant?" //Where is she anyway?//
    Suddenly he heard a stifled giggled then...

"Obi-Wan Kenobi?"

Uh OH! he knew that voice all to well. "Master?" he asked tentatively.
    //Oh man am I going to get it now. He probably thinks I'm no better than Xanatos about keeping my promises. I've disappointed him again.//

"What are you doing down there Obi-Wan?"
    Another stifled giggle, presumably Bants, he thought. He failed to hear the amusement in his Master's voice.

"Um...I am....Um....I was um...going to the bathroom....cause uh....Bant gave me a lot of juice....and uh..." his face fell.
    "I'm sorry Master, I know I've disappointed you, I'm sorry."

He didn't bother trying to get up. Laying face down on the floor had its advantages. Such as hiding the stray tear that trailed down his face.

He heard his Master talking in low tones to Bant then the front door to their quarters opened and closed gently, with a click. Suddenly he felt strong hands grasp him under the arms and he found himself once again in his Master's arms. He didn't look up at his Master afraid of what he would find there.

But as the minutes ticked by and his Master made no move to put him down, he got curious.
    Cautiously he turned his blue eyes toward his Master's face. He was startled by what he saw. Compassion, tenderness, concern....love?????
    No! He must be imagining things. He had heard of Padawans and Masters who had a father-son relationship, but he never thought he would have one.
    Obi-Wan couldn't pull his eyes away from his Master's face. His Master had always kept his emotions well hidden. He never let Obi-Wan see any emotion at all. But now.....now his Master was letting him see his emotions. A question danced around his mind, daring him to find out the answer. //But will he let me touch his mind?//
    Before when Obi-Wan had tried to touch his Master's mind through the force, he had always come up against a impenetrable barrier.
    Slammed in place at the slightest touch from Obi-Wan's inquisitive min
  2. Knight Obi Wan Jedi Knight

star 3
    ::tearing up:: That was beautiful. The expression of love and affection from a father to a son that you were able to let us FEEL was incredible. Keep up the awesome work!!

::whisper:: and post!
  3. Sat'zi Jedi Knight

star 2
    that was sweet!
    such darn good writing!
    let there be more!
  4. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    Sigh

For once I have nothing to say.

5. JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well I hope its good that you don't have anything to say and not bad. LOL
    Its torture. Have any of you've every been to the Qui-Gon Jinn discussion list hompage?
    Well they have a story there called "In a Strange Land." by Stacey Lee. That story is reallly cool so far. AND ITS UPDATED. Whooohoo.
    Also one called "Joint Strength." it was updated too and they left it on a torturous note. SOOO MEAN! I was like they did not just do that. Oh its horrid..horrid.
  6. HealerLeona Jedi Master

star 4
    I should let your last post be the final one before I go to bed. It's left me all warm and fuzzy. Thanks JediKnight-Obi-Wan.
  7. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    Trust me, when I have nothing to say either it's a very good thing or I've been brutally beaten over the head with an extremely large mallet and left unconscious...

In this case it's a great thing!

8. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That was great! That was really a big step for Qui-Gon as well, to let Obi-Wan touch his mind like that. Wow, real trust! I am knocked speechless with admiration. I wish I could write good bonding scenes like that.

P.S. You ought to offer your talents to "I've started a JA run-on story--please add on" by Ty-gon Jinn. You could really contribute a lot to that saga!

[This message has been edited by Jane Jinn (edited 02-23-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Jane Jinn (edited 02-23-2000).]
  9. mouse2 Jedi Master

star 4
    That was so sweet and touching. I wish I could write bonding scenes like that. Keep it up and continue posting. (I'm assuming there is more since I saw no THE END again)

10. Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Master

star 4
    That was great! Please post more! You writing style is similar to the great JOWK, who wrote Requiem For A Padawan. POST!
  11. Mekial Force Ghost

star 1
    Awwww...what a great post! Puts you in such a good mood!
  12. Knight Obi Wan Jedi Knight

star 3
    ::whew:: I didn't think I was going to make it!! They should warn us before they shut down for routine maintenance!! Well, it's great to be back and I hope to see more soon!!
  13. Sat'zi Jedi Knight

star 2
    You said it!
    What's up with the folder icons being lit on fire?
  14. mouse2 Jedi Master

star 4
    No kidding! I was starting to break into a sweat there for a moment, then at the last minute I checked and Hurray it was back!

Now please post so I can calm back down.
  15. JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay read on. I've added a REAL Epilogue this time. The end though it is. LOL
    So do yall think I should write about Bruck's revenge or not? I can't seem to think of something original to write about that hasn't been DONE before. I mean I have an idea and all but it would just be like a bunch of Obi-torture and I know yall don't like that so. I can't think of a plot either. *sigh*
    If you have any ideas I'm all ears. LOL

A week later the two Jedi stood in a lift that carried them to the Council Chambers.
    "Obi-Wan quit looking so nervous, they just want to know how you are doing after what happened last week."

Obi-Wan looked up at his Master, his face a pale shade of green.
    "I don't feel so well, I feel like I'm going to be sick."

Qui-Gon chuckled softly. "Your just nervous Obi-Wan, relax."
    Obi-Wan breathed in deeply and nodded.
    "Yes Master."
    They walked out of the lift and approached the Council Chambers. A young initiate stepped up to Qui-Gon.
    "The Council will see you in a few minutes, please wait here."

Qui-Gon bowed his head in acknowledgment and turned back to Obi-Wan, his eyes sparkling mischievously. "Someone once told me when your nervous in front of a group of people, picture them all in their underwear.."
    Obi-Wan's blue eyes widened in surprise, then a mischievous smile broke out.
    Just then the young initiate returned. "You may go in now Master Jinn."
    Qui-Gon turned to go into the Council Chambers but as he did so, Obi-Wan sent him a mental picture of Master Yoda and Mace-Windu in their underwear.

Qui-Gon stopped so suddenly Obi-Wan almost ran into his back. He turned his head and looked over his shoulder. Looking his apprentice in the eye, he said "I don't think Master Yoda WEARS any underwear."
    Obi-Wan tried to hold back his laughter but started choking in the process. His Master pounded him on the back till he finally stood up panting for breath. "Do you think you can continue now? The Council is probably wondering where we are."
    Obi-Wan grinned. "Yes Master. Lead the way"
    Qui-Gon threw an amused glance over his shoulder as he turned to enter the Council Chambers. He smiled when he heard a suppressed giggle coming from his apprentice.

//Obi-Wan how could I ever keep you out of my heart.//

THE END!
    Epilogue of an Epilogue
    "You did that on purpose!" Obi-Wan accused, his eyes twinkling with mirth, an impish grin on his face. His short hair was clumped in wet spikes, and a drop of water hung off his chin.
    Bant choked back her laughter and shook her head in denial.
    They were both standing by the river which ran in the Jedi Temple gardens. Obi-Wan had been trying to show Bant how to skip a rock across the water, but had left her to try it herself when he spotted a fish close to the bank. He hadn't been kneeling there five seconds when a rock hit the water in front of him causing a huge tidal wave to splash over his head.
    "You did it on purpose." he stated again. "That rock was the size of a planet, and you know you can't make them skip when they are that big."
    Bant started laughing. "You looked so funny." she managed to choke out.

Obi-Wan stared at her for a moment.
    Suddenly he lunged at her, grabbed her arm and slung her over his back, heading for the river with determined strides.
    "NOOOOO! OBI-WAN!!! NOOOO! STOP!" Obi-Wan just grinned impishly and continued. Wadding out into the river, he dumped her in the frigid water.
    "YOU!" she growled in a low voice.
    //Uh OH!Time to go.// "I think I hear my Master calling. Bye."
    He lurched for the safety of the bank, but his robe was trailing out behind him in the water. Bant grabbed the hem of his robe and jerked hard.

SPLASH!!

Obi-Wan found himself looking up at the blue sky, cold water soaking into his clothes. Pulling his head out of the water, he heard Bant giggling uncontrollably behind him. He sat up, water streaming off him in rivulets. He looked at Bant, them himself.
    He stood up laughing
  16. JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just want to thank you all personally for reading my story and giving me all the feedback. It really helps. I hope you enjoyed this story.
    A news update. Since I last posted the end of my story-sometime earlyer this afternoon-I had a wonderful brainstorm right smack dab in the middle of spanish homework. I now have my plot for Bruck's revenge and its a doozy. LOL
    Well it took me one whole night to think of Brucks punishment and one whole week to think of his revenge. tongue.gif Just gotta love all these new smilies, though I could have gone without being cut off from the forums for 24 hrs.
    Well there is ONE thing good about homework.....most of my ideas come when I'm doing it. rolleyes.gif
    I just have to try all these smilies. LOL ANYWAY. I don't know how long it will take me to write the new story. I'll try not to keep yall waiting to long. Okiedey?! THANKS again for reading my story.
    And Thank you for your compliments. Especially you Jedi Erica Amidala. Saying a have a writting style even SIMILAR to JOWK, is just such a great compliment.

[This message has been edited by JediKnight-Obi-Wan (edited 02-24-2000).]
  17. Sat'zi Jedi Knight

star 2
    YIPEE!
    She's going to write more!
    Looking forward to Bruck's revenge!
    these smilies are fun.
    confused.gif I'm not really confused by I just think that one's funny.
  18. HealerLeona Jedi Master

star 4
    JediKnight-Obi-Wan--I loved your epilogue. Kudos on the humor and warm fuzzies. I look forward to your next story.
  19. HealerLeona Jedi Master

star 4
    JediKnight-Obi-Wan--I loved your epilogue. Kudos on the humor and warm fuzzies. I look forward to your next story.
  20. HealerLeona Jedi Master

star 4
    JediKnight-Obi-Wan-- I loved cool.gif
    your epilogue. Kudos on the humor and warm fuzzies. I look forward to your next story.
  21. Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! I got a special mention! well, its true, I only speak the truth!

I can't wait till the next part!
  22. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    Okay first, eek.gif !

I just love that face. And second, JediKnight-Obi-Wan you are an extrememly talented writer. That story was so great! I'm going to sound like Tim Hower when I say this (but he's such a cool guy it doesn't really matter) but you rock!
  23. Alli-Wan Jedi Knight

star 3
    This story was wonderful! The laughter, the tears, the joy, the pain, the splinters! You are a very fine writer, and I look forward to reading many more of your interesting tales. This story is definitely one to treasure. Excellent! Keep up the good work! --AWK
  24. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    Thankyou very much for sharing that wonderful and moving story with us. Reading those last posts was the perfect end to a great day. I am looking forward to your next story, I'll be on the look-out for it.
  25. lokmer Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay guys, I found a whole load of blender native Star Wars meshes (plus a lot of other useful stuff) over at the following address http://centralsource.com/blender/files.htm http://centralsource.com/blender/files.htm

They are absolutely beautiful hi-poly meshes. They don't have texture maps yet, you'll have to supply those yourself, but I have never seen beter blender-native meshes.
    You can incorporate these into existing scenes by hiting SHIFT F1 in your standard Blender window.
    Thought you all would like to know.
    Happy blendering!
    -Lokmer
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.