main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Second Chance (SJRS EP7 Challenge) Updated: 11/15/14 - COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, May 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Alright, who leaked the holos?! [face_rofl]

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Can't wait until Luke finds the jerk that leaked that holo! [face_laugh]

Mara's descriptions of the facial hair, too. Now I know how not to grow my facial hair. :p

Gemma likes this.
  3. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I enjoyed it when she was teaching Luke how to dance/waltz. The discussion over beard types was cute and funny. And I loved it when Luke crushed the cameras and told Too-One-Bee to get his metal ass in the room. Yes, protect your 'Love'. I also giggled when she suggested professing his undying lust for her. Sweet Romance. Can't wait for more.@};-

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Great chapter. Sorry DRL has been a pest for you. I can't wait to see Mara maim and kill who ever leaked that footage.

Gemma likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Quite the entertaining read, a blend of teasing and increasing closeness. And the leak. Hmmm. Very nice way to get them free of the facility and into more private surroundings [face_mischief] [:D] =D=

Gemma likes this.
  6. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Awww! Love their playfulness, and "my love" is my favourite endearment for them.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    That or cuddle buns [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_mischief] Pookie bear 8-} [face_love]

8. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Awww! [face_love] They are definitely going to need that privacy, and soon. [face_mischief] And I love how he slipped with saying 'my love' but it's such a sweet endearment. It's a good thing they didn't have too much privacy, I guess--who knows what could have leaked onto the HoloNet! :eek: As always, I love it!!

Gemma likes this.
  9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Somebody in the hospital must have got paid by TMZ. ;)

Facial hair...I like the stubble look on some guys, but only some guys. I know when my husband has stubble he looks like he just woke up from a weeklong bender. He does not look good. My sons are growing awesome dark moustaches. They get that from the Spanish side of my family. My brother had a full moustache when he was twelve. :D

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I'm sure she wants to, but I think she will let the authorities deal with the matter. She is trying to get away from the whole assassin business.

I need to get them alone so Ginchy can write her shine. HA! :p

Thanks. It was either that or "Girlfriend mine". Ha! Just kidding. I hated Mara in the profics calling Luke, "Husband mine". I don't know why it didn't seem endearing to me.

Thanks. One more chapter leading into the shine. I swear. [:D]

~~~~~~~~

Chapter 22

Doctor Minsk arrived within an hour and profusely apologized for the release of the holovid. He swore he would find the person responsible and fire them and possibly have their license to work in the medical field permanently revoked.

“Not good enough,” Luke told him through the transparisteel window. “I want out of here. Discharge or transfer us. I don’t trust your people.”

Doctor Minsk looked offended. “I assure you this break in security is an anomaly. We have never had this problem before…but I can understand why it happened. The gossip shows have been offering a million credit bounty for holos or imager vids of you two. Obviously one of my employees succumbed to temptation.” He looked at the crushed holovid cameras and frowned. “I don’t think you’ll have that problem anymore.”

Luke shook his head frustrated. “I want out. I will give you a couple days to clear us for discharge or make arrangements to send us elsewhere.”

The doctor’s shoulders slumped as he gave a forlorn nod. “Of course, Master Skywalker.” He turned and hurried off. Luke turned to Mara and smiled. “Don’t worry. We’ll get out of here soon.”

~ ~ ~ ~

Luke and Mara spent the rest of the night watching holos. He thought a former Emperor’s Hand would prefer action flicks, but to his surprise Mara was partial to love stories. When she fell asleep on the couch next to him he slowly stood, picked her up, and carried her to bed. He carefully set her down on her mattress and turned to leave but Mara grabbed his hand and whispered for him to stay.

Luke frowned. “Mara, that’s not a good idea.”

“I just want to be held,” she whispered. “When we leave here everybody will want your attention. It may be days or weeks until we have quiet time together.”

He sighed knowing she was right. His family, the Jedi and the public at large would be clambering for answers and interviews. The first few weeks would definitely be stressful. “Sure.” Luke climbed into bed and nestled in behind her. Pressing his chest against her back he gently moved his arms around her waist and laid his head on her shoulder. He didn’t immediately fall asleep, but spent a good hour thinking about the woman in his arms and how his entire life had radically changed since he met her. He had to smile when he realized it was a change for the better. He never truly understood how lonely he was before he met Mara Jade. He closed his eyes and let his mind wander, wishing he could fall asleep like this every night for the rest of his life. The thought made him smile as he slowly drifted off to sleep.

~ ~ ~ ~

The next day Luke woke with a tingling feeling in his arm. He opened his eyes to find Mara snuggled next to him in the small hospital bed his now numb appendage trapped under her body.

He looked over to the wall chrono and realized a droid would be bringing breakfast to them soon. As expected, within minutes he heard the hiss and clank of the multiple entry doors indicating the service droid was on its way. He snuggled up closer to Mara and whispered in her ear. “I think breakfast is here, Love.”

Before she could answer there was the sound of human footsteps. Luke looked up to see Jacen enter the room without a protection suit.

The young man stopped when he saw Luke and Mara together in bed. He grinned sheepishly as he cleared his throat. “I see you two are feeling better.” A wide smirk crossed his face.

Luke could feel a blush burning his cheeks. They were both fully clothed, but this was a little embarrassing. “It’s not what it looks like.”

Jacen let out a snorting laugh. “Don’t worry. I’m not going to take vids and sell them…although I could use the money.”

The conversation roused Mara out of her slumber. She mumbled something before opening her eyes. Upon seeing Jacen she shot up into a sitting position freeing Luke’s arm. She regarded Jacen wide-eyed. “What’s going on? Why aren’t you in a suit?”

Jacen grinned broadly. “Doctor Minsk wanted to make sure you two weren’t contagious…so they sent me in.”

Luke shook his head in disbelief. “What if we are contagious?”

Jacen shrugged. “Then you put me into a healing trance and I’ll end up younger looking and gain the ability to grow an awesome beard.” He gave his uncle a wink and a smug smile. “The Temple is buzzing about that gossip show exclusive last night. I think a lot of female Jedi are waking up with a broken heart.”

Luke rolled out of bed and rubbed his arm trying to get the blood flowing again. “I doubt anybody is crying over my change of heart.”

Jacen shrugged. “I saw the Temple librarian crying…but that might be for a totally unrelated reason.”

“I doubt it,” Mara murmured as she rose out of bed. She stepped in front of Jacen. “So how is this supposed to work?”

Jacen gave a lopsided grin. “Well, for the first part of the day I will casually hang around you two like most people would relate to you. At the end of the day the doctor wants to see if closer contact will infect me.” A toothy smile crossed his face as Mara scowled at him.

“What type of close contact?”

Jacen shrugged noncommittally. “I guess a kiss would work…you know, the exchange of body fluids.”

Mara snorted. “How about I just spit on you?”

Jacen put up his hands in a gesture of surrender. “I’m kidding. The doctor was going to inject me with a small amount of your blood.”

Luke walked up to Mara and put an arm around her waist. “That sounds fine, if you are willing to take the risk. Meanwhile, can you update me on what has been going on at the temple.”

“And what's happening with your girlfriend,” Mara quipped.

Jacen’s smile fell from his face. “She’s no longer my girlfriend.”

Luke’s heart clenched at the thought of Jacen losing his love. “What happened?”

Jacen tried to keep a straight face, but failed. “She’s now my fiancé.”

Luke moved forward and grabbed Jacen up in a big hug. “I’m so happy for you!” He released his nephew and backed away a step. “I guess being known as the most powerful and sexy Jedi in the galaxy has its benefits.”

"It definitely doesn't hurt."

Mara put a hand on Jacen’s shoulder and gave him a quick platonic kiss on his cheek. “Congratulations.”

The sound of a series of security doors opening and closing came from the side room. A service droid finally entered pushing a cart with food, sparking wine and juice.”

Jacen grinned. “I thought we could have a champagne breakfast to celebrate.”

Luke smiled broadly. “I think this calls for a celebration.”

~~~ ~

The next day, after confirming that Jacen suffered no side effects from being exposed to Luke or Mara’s blood, the three were cleared to leave the facility.

Somehow the press got word that Luke and Mara were being discharged and had formed a crowd outside the medical center. Luckily Leia had sent over a speeder with tinted windows. They piled into the vehicle in the facility’s secure underground garage and left without incident. A few paparazzi followed their vehicle not knowing who was in the speeder, but their driver, a former senatorial bodyguard, was adept at losing a tail and evaded the two reporters within minutes.

Mara turned to Luke. “What are we going to do when we get to the temple?”

Luke groaned slightly. “I guess I should call a meeting of the Masters, answer their questions and announce my retirement as Grand Master.”

“Uncle Luke!” Jacen’s eyes went wide with disbelief. “You’re leaving the Jedi Order?”

He shook his head. “No, I was thinking about establishing a Master’s council. One man shouldn’t be in charge of such a large institution. I plan to step back and act as a Jedi Master Emeritus. I will be the old man walking the hallways with a look of contemplation and contentment because I no longer am responsible for the day-to-day functions of the Order.”

Mara smiled as she ran a hand over his beard. “Except you no longer look the part of an old man.”

Luke smiled. “True. Maybe I will go on vacation…a very long vacation with a certain former Imperial.”

Jacen dragged his hand across his face in frustration. “Seriously Uncle Luke, what are you going to do? You know as soon as you step inside the temple the media circus is going to descend on us. You really need to rehearse what you are going to tell the public and what to convey to the members of the Jedi Order. You just can’t say, ‘Hi, I’m going on vacation with this beautiful mysterious woman. I’ll see you all later.’

“I could do that. You seem to be handling the media just fine in my absence.” Luke chuckled. “But you're probably right. We need to decide what to tell people. I already talked to Dr. Minsk and I am going to refer all medical questions back to him.” He turned to Mara, tilting his head to better study her face. “What should we reveal about you?”

She shrugged. “I’m surprised the soldiers that accompanied you to Drakos haven’t talked to the press.”

He made a dismissive gesture. “I’m not surprised. All the soldiers have high security clearances and they don’t want to ruin their careers or face a military tribunal for leaking confidential information. All Jedi missions were classified as secret.”

Mara nodded and sat silently for a moment in thought. “I would like to use my real name, but my Imperial past might be found in the archives.”

“Don’t worry about that. You’re not in the archives,” Jacen interjected.

She looked over to him. “How do you know?”

He gave her a disbelieving look. “When I suspected you of being a Sith I ran a thorough background check. I got one of the galaxy’s top slicers to look for your name in every conceivable database and nothing incriminating came back. However, I did learn there are over eight thousand women named Mara Jade on Coruscant alone. I think you can use your real name with no problem.”

Mara smiled broadly. “Good. That just leaves me with creating a believable background and some documentation.”

Jacen mouth twitched into a grin. “I’m on that…I mean Tenel Ka is on that. As the Princess of Hapes, she can provide you with papers saying you are a Hapan citizen.”

She regarded Jacen incredulously. “You told her about me?”

He grimaced. “She has a way of getting information out of me.”

Mara scoffed. “I’m sure she subjected you to sheer torture.”

He threw his hands wide. “Sorry…she wore me down. She…”

Luke put up a hand. “Please stop. I don’t need to know about my nephew’s love life.”

Jacen burst out laughing. “I don’t need to know about my uncle’s love life either, but I get to see it on the holonet.”

Luke’s face reddened. “Please don’t remind me.”

“Mom freaked when she saw the security vids.” Jacen’s voice became strained as he tried to contain his laughter. “She thinks you are going through a midlife crisis, but a second later she is wondering if she will be an aunt soon. Dad just grins and says, ‘Way to go, Luke!’. Jaina hasn’t commented because she has been preoccupied with her new suitor, Commander Fel.”

“And Tenel Ka has been using this situation to build up your image and convince her parents you are a suitable mate,” Luke interrupted.

Jacen snickered. “She did a really good job at that.” He turned back to Mara. “Tenel Ka said she can tell people you were part of her security personnel and was on loan to the Grand Master for our mission to Darten Six.”

Mara nodded. “Sounds good.”

Luke ran a hand through his blond hair. “Okay, I’ll talk to the Masters about creating a council. I will give a press conference that I am stepping down as Grand Master and I am taking some time off to romantically pursue Miss Mara Jade a Hapan citizen who assisted in our mission to Darten Six as a slicer and navigator.”

Mara’s brows rose. “Are you really going to tell them you are going to romantically pursue me?”

Luke smiled. “There is no reason to deny it. Anyway, I suspect when they catch me kissing you in public they will get the hint.” He leaned in and gave Mara a gentle kiss.

She smiled as their lips parted. “I guess we’re all set then.”

10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Yay, they get to leave confinement! [face_laugh]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  11. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    A million credits? Yeah, even I might take that bribe. [face_laugh]

And it sounds like Mara's cover story is covered, with Tenel Ka's... different kind of bribe. [face_rofl]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh yay! Such a happy chapter.... when does it all go wrong?

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  13. bkwrm752003

bkwrm752003 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 26, 2006
    Finally they're leaving confinment. I'm ready to see the two of them dating. Awesome chapter.

Jedi_Lover and Gemma like this.
  14. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    This is a really great chapter indeed. I love how Luke was stern with the doctor in the beginning. My heart was swept away when he carried her to her bed and then she asked him to stay and they spooned and you made it realistic that she had slept on his arm long enough for him to have tingles in that arm in the morning. Bravo!!

Enjoyed how Jacen made it possible for then to get out of the med center even though he tried Mara's patience a bit.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  15. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    :_| :_| [face_rofl][face_rofl]

I'm glad Luke's taking a step back. He's right that he can't be in charge of the Jedi forever, and a Council is a great idea, of course. I like the idea of him being an Emeritus Jedi. I deal with plenty of Emeritus doctors everyday, so I can just see Luke hanging out and reading up on the aspects of the Force that interest him, and coming into kick butt as needed. He's given a lot to the Force, it's time for him to have a life now...and give a lot to Mara. [face_mischief]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  16. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Yay for Jacen and Tenal Ka!

Love the idea of Luke being Jed Master Emeritus and taking some time off to enjoy himself.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Love the banter between Jacen and Mara; they're like family already [face_laugh]
    Absolutely feeling Luke's plan of action: a Master's council followed by a looong romantic vacation :) :)

Gemma and Jedi_Lover like this.
  18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Dammit! You fixed the Freudian slip before I could quote it! :p Your original "Mater's council" seems more appropriate, in that they would advise him on dating and sex. [face_laugh]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] [face_rofl] 8-}

Jedi_Lover, Gemma and jcgoble3 like this.
  20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Evidence for those who didn't see it:

[​IMG]

:D

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  21. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    As always, JL, you write a super story. Even when I could not get my profile straightened out, I ALWAYS made sure to read your works. Not only could I see someone selling those tapes for that many credits, but what about the fortune that could be made by marketing that virus that makes one young again! Luke and Mara should look into that. Great job as always and please put me on your PM list. Thanks!

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  22. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    This is a brilliant story! Love the characterisations! Please let me know when you update this.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  23. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Now things can get interesting.

I would sell embarrassing holos of myself for a million credits. Unfortunately I don't have any to sell...and if I did nobody would want them.

I like happy endings. You're the Queen of Angst! ;)

I am almost done with this story. Ginchy has already got the set up and is starting to write me a bonus chapter.

Jacen is a good guy in this story. That is the way it should have been in the profics! [face_waiting]

Thanks! And thanks for letting me know the word I was looking for was Emeritus. I had said to her, "When I was in grad school I would see these old professors walking around, doing a little research and basically just hanging around the college...what are those guys called?" Luckily ginchy knew the correct term. And thank you for agreeing to shine this story up! [:D]

He deserves it. That was one of the things I hated about the last few EU books. Luke, Leia and Han were still doing all the hard work and getting beat up. They should be retired! But I guess when you kill most of the younger Jedi they have to continue the fight themselves.

A very long vacation. He has a second chance at life and he is going to take it.

LOL! Mater's council to discuss mating. That's a council I wouldn't mind sitting in on.

Thank you! The reason I made the virus fatal to anybody but Jedi (or at least that is what it looks like) is I didn't want to deal with the question of a fountain of youth virus. In this case it resets their biological clock but from now on they will age normally. So Luke probably gained thirty years and looks closer to Mara's age. I needed to get around everybody getting creeped out with and old Luke and a young Mara. Now they are both young.

Thank you! I will send you a PM!

Alright, as you know my muse is in intensive care and is not much help to me. I did write a huge chapter that brought us up to a love scene, but it was about 4000 words and I like to keep my chapters under 2500 words. So I cut it in half. I am thinking I can finish this up in another 4000 words. I keep trying to end it, but it has a mind of its own.

This is the lead up to their first date...so it is not that thrilling, but necessary.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Chapter 23

Luke walked into the Temple’s expansive conference chamber where a large group of Jedi Masters, both men and women, human and alien, stood around a large table conversing with each other. A hush fell over the room when the Grand Master entered and for a moment everybody silently gazed at Luke expectantly. The awkward moment was broken when Corran Horn walked up to Luke and grabbed him up in a brotherly hug. “You had us worried.”

Luke’s friend pulled back, allowing his gaze to travel from Luke’s feet to the Jedi Master’s bearded face. Horn ran a hand over his neatly trimmed goatee and smiled. “I see you decided to join us dashing bearded Masters.” Corran leaned in closer and whispered to Luke. “And I also heard you decided to give up that non-attachment nonsense.” He winked. “And what you are attaching to is pretty hot…but don’t tell my wife I said that.”

Luke laughed as he gave Corran’s shoulder a slap. “Your secret is safe with me.” He turned to the other men and women in attendance. “If you’ll take a seat we can get started with this meeting.”

Most of the Masters knew about Luke’s visions about a great danger approaching. Many were involved in the search for possible Sith or other threats in the last few months. “As you know I had a premonition of an impending threat to the galaxy. I think I found that threat on Darten Six. The old Imperial bio/chemical storage and research facility had become unstable due to seismic activity. If the containment areas were breached there was a possibility of workers at the spaceport construction site would be infected. If the breach occurred when the spaceport was fully functional it could have resulted in a viral epidemic of galactic proportions. As to date, the facility has been quarantined and decontamination procedures are in place to destroy any biological dangers. All chemicals present are in the process of incineration. The project is expected to take six standard months before the all clear is given. Only authorized personnel are allowed near the facility and as a precaution all travellers are tested for various infections prior to departure from the planet.”

The group of Jedi all nodded sagely. Kyle Katarn, a former Imperial turned Jedi, sat forward in his chair and gazed at Luke intently. “Are you sure Darten Six was the source of your visions?”

Luke ran his hand over his jaw as he glanced up at the ceiling in thought. “I don’t know. The visions didn’t really show the source of the catastrophe. I simply saw glimpses of people screaming in pain. I got the impression that the suffering extended to millions of people.”

“So, there may still be a danger out there?” The question came from Ganner Rhysode, one of Luke’s more fearless and brash masters.

Luke shrugged his shoulders. “I haven’t had a reoccurrence of the vision since I left Darten Six.”

The group’s youngest master, Kyp Durron, snickered just loud enough for Luke to hear. “Perhaps you've had other things on your mind.”

Luke wondered who was going to be the first person to breach the subject of Mara Jade. It didn’t surprise him that it was Kyp Durron. The man not only rejected Luke’s non-attachment philosophy he was the embodiment of the opposite viewpoint. To say Kyp was a womanizer was an understatement. That proclivity almost got him killed when he went sniffing around a teenage Jaina Solo some years ago. Luke had never seen Han so enraged. He told Kyp if he found him flirting with his daughter again he would stun his Jedi butt and let Chewie pull off all of Kyp’s important parts.

Luke smiled at the younger man. “I assume you are referring to my friend Mara Jade.”

Kyp scoffed. “Yes, your friend.”

Luke nodded his head slowly while formulating his response. After a second he realized stark honesty would probably work best with a group of people capable of sensing any deception from him.

“I have to admit, the lovely Mara Jade has been on my mind since I left Darten Six. She is smart, beautiful and engaging on so many levels. I would like to continue getting to know her. For that reason I am stepping aside as Grand Master and I wish to set up a Master’s council.”

There was a collective gasp among those in attendance. “You’re leaving the Order?” Corran Horn asked, his jaw slack with surprise.

“Not exactly. I’m going into a semi-retired status and let the Master’s handle the day-to-day leadership. Ideally I would like seven Masters to perform the duties of senior leadership. I picked an odd number to prevent ties when things come to a vote.” Luke stood, his gaze traversing the room. “If you don’t like that idea, then discuss how you want to run things…and do it. I have every confidence in your abilities to make the right decisions.”

As he took a step toward the exit, Corran stood and called out to him. “Where are you going?”

Luke turned and smiled. “I have the media to address and then a young lady to court.”

~ ~ ~ ~

At first Luke considered giving a press conference, but he later decided it was best to give an interview to one reporter. He picked a female correspondent from the Holonet News Network, or HNN, named Natelli Protencia. Ms. Protencia had a reputation for being pro-Jedi when it came to her news coverage. That didn’t mean he wasn’t going to be ambushed with personal questions, but at least he felt confident that her report would be fair and balanced.

He called to set up a meeting later that week, but Ms. Protencia said she had time that very day. Luke doubted she actually had a clear schedule, but he also knew she wasn’t going to miss out on an exclusive interview. This possibly could work out to his advantage. It gave her less time to prepare and investigate into Mara Jade’s background.

The interview was scheduled to occur in the late afternoon. A small conference room was set up for the meeting with two chairs and a small end table in between holding glasses of water. The film crew assembled their holocam and hooked up glowlamps with reflective umbrellas to soften and modify the light.

Luke had taken the time to trim his beard and don his best Jedi robes. His lightsaber—and symbol of the Jedi Order—hung on a highly polished leather belt around his waist.

Ms. Protencia was a dark-skinned human ten years Luke’s junior with curly jet-black hair and graying temples. She stretched out a slim arm offering him her hand in greeting. Luke shook her hand and sat down. She smiled and briefed him on what was going to happen. He could tell she was trying to make him feel comfortable by walking him through the process. He assumed most people being interviewed for a galactic news station would be extremely nervous. Luke was not an exception, but he had Jedi calming techniques he could utilize.

She pointed to a man behind the camera operator. “Josh there is my producer. He will signal the camera operator to activate the digital recording and then he’ll say, ‘Go in three, two, one’. At that time I will introduce you and start the interview.”

Luke blew out a calming breath. “Fine.” He had done interviews before, but this was the first time he felt really nervous. This was also the first time he planned to dodge questions and at one point outright lie when it came to Mara Jade's background.

She smiled brightly. “Don’t worry Master Skywalker. This is not live and I promise you I will make sure the interview is properly edited and I put you in the best light.”

“Thank you.” He sat up straight in his chair and glanced over to the producer.

Natelli motioned for him to look back towards her. “Keep your eyes on me, Master Skywalker.”

Luke turned back and smiled bashfully. “Sorry.”

Josh did the count down and the interview started. Natelli introduced him and proceeded to ask him questions about the mission to Darten Six. Luke answered the inquiries to the best of his knowledge. Once again he deferred all medical questions to Dr. Minsk. Ms. Protencia tried to pry details from him, but he continued to direct her back to the good doctor. Her expression darkened with irritation momentarily, but she quickly changed the subject. “Can you please tell our viewers a little about the young lady who spent weeks with you in quarantine.”

Luke turned to the camera’s intending on addressing the viewing audience but Josh motioned him to keep looking at Natelli. He faced her and smiled. “I promise, I will answer that question, but first, I would like to take this opportunity to address all of the salacious rumors that I have seen on the holonet recently.” He sat up straight in his chair, shifting nervously. “First of all, I haven’t had a facelift and I never hunted the elusive Bat Boy.” That comment got the camera operator chuckling. Natelli shot the man a quick look of disapproval causing him to clamp his mouth shut. Luke smiled and continued. “I've never had a death stick addiction. In fact, I've never experimented with any illegal drugs. I have not fathered any love children and I have never met Miss Angola Lee and therefore when it comes to her pregnancy…I am not the father. I have never starred in a skinholo—neither professional nor amateur. I’ve never had a cyber-affair with a holographic woman. I was not killed on the first Death Star attack and replaced by a clone called Luuke and I don’t sleep in an hyperbaric oxygen chamber to maintain my good looks.”

Ms. Protencia laughed softly. “So are you saying all of the gossip pertaining to you is false?”

Luke shook his head. “No, not exactly. I am dating the woman you asked about. Her name is Mara Jade. She works in security for Princess Tenel Ka of Hapes. The princess has been training at the temple and she allowed Miss Jade to accompany my nephew Jacen and me to Darten Six. She was acting as our slicer and navigator. Mara Jade is in her mid-twenties. She is not exactly sure of her age because she was orphaned as a toddler.” Luke pause to take a breath before continuing. “And I can assure you, with one-hundred percent certainty, she is human and not a replicate droid.”

Natalli chuckled. “I supposed she was thoroughly vetted by you while in quarantine.”

Luke grinned. “That’s what I was doing in those leaked security holocam vids. One can never be too careful. We wouldn’t want a replicate droid infiltrating the Jedi order.”

A wide grin split the reporter’s face. “I love that you can have a sense of humor surrounding all the gossip.”

Luke shrugged. “Getting angry only feeds the fire when it comes to rumors. I have no need to hide my relationship to Miss Jade. We’re both single adults.”

"Single adults," she murmured before raising an inquisitive eyebrow. “Is that about to change Master Skywalker?”

“I don’t know.” Luke gave a cocky smirk. “If I can ever get away from you reporters and take her on a uninterrupted date…then maybe I’ll have a chance.”

24. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Wonderful. =D=

Can't wait for Natelli's response to that last statement. :D

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    HEHEHEHE! I love Luke when he's cocky and in love!

Jedi_Lover and Gemma like this.